• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way, who do you think Geno's voice actor would be if he got in? I remember hearing that when Sakurai wanted him in Brawl, he planned on having Ness' voice actor/actress/whatever voice Geno.

BZocky

Smash Ace
It was about characters being related to pancakes.

Crash being one of them.

@KirbyWorshipper246 sorry for the late reply, but it is 1:38am and I have my mind in chaos right now.
Now that I think about it those pancakes do have Syrup on them... :ohwell:
iHOP mascot confirmed for smash

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we're talking about a character related to pancakes then I'm thinking Crow from Persona 5 as a Joker echo for sure. Did Sabi's source post a picture of pancakes or is it just a joke? I'm guessing the latter.
if anything, I'd say Kasumi Yoshizawa would be better material for a Joker Echo, especially since the "Jane" in Joker's string, who was once planned to be an alt, was clearly meant to be her.

also, her Persona, Cendrillion, is the same height as Arsene and has those stilletto heels. and it's theorized Joker may pull a P3 Protag and sacrifice himself, leading Kasumi to be his successor

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Picture I drew of Geno on August 2. Didn't put it through digital processing so it isn't the final product. I don't think I'm going to bothering finishing it anyway, tbh. Criticism is good. Human-like characters are not my strong suit.
Something I always recommend when drawing bodies under loose clothing: draw all the way through and layer your clothing on top. Especially if you're going to do another pass digitally. This will allow you to understand where the body is going underneath and how the clothing will interact with it. Maybe consider doing something with the arms, like crossing them, or maybe holding a party horn, or whatever those roll things are that you blow into and they roll out and make that noise.
I like where it's going, though! keep on truckin'!

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
It takes a good while to discuss third parties inclusion. It's not something they can just do over coffee, which is why the first third party DLC character to be included in Smash Bros 4, Ryu, came so late in Smash Bros 4 life cycle (which was found out in April which was 7 months after the game was released). Had discussion continued on with Square Enix for Geno's inclusion then they won't have included his Spirit at all and saved it for later. No matter what day Sakurai said the DLC was finalized it was already finalized before the Smash Bros November Direct, he just made that comment so people will stop asking for their characters.

As for the lore of World of Light with DLC character well they never got attacked by Galeem, which is why Hero was riding in to help Link when fighting Dharkon minions. Since they were never attacked they never lost their bodies and turned into Spirits. They just show up later, just like Hero did in his reveal trailer.
Didn't sakurai go out of his way to say even gods like hades couldn't escape galeems blast and somehow banjo survives that sounds off to me.
Maybe they will do something like the banjo reveal only with a spirit. Unfortunately I can't tell the reasoning for the spirit in the base game, However I wouldn't say his chances are done though. Idk after ridley,king k rool, and banjo nothing really surprises me at this point so who knows

Dynamic Worlok

Didn't sakurai go out of his way to say even gods like hades couldn't escape galeems blast and somehow banjo survives that sounds off to me.
Maybe they will do something like the banjo reveal only with a spirit. Unfortunately I can't tell the reasoning for the spirit in the base game, However I wouldn't say his chances are done though. Idk after ridley,king k rool, and banjo nothing really surprises me at this point so who knows
we see a geno silhouette against a sunset only for it to take off the geno mii costume and reveal that it's just the geno.PNG spirit, which proceeds to shift up and down while various mario RPG noises happen. I would pay to see that

Ovaltine

Smash Master
By the way, who do you think Geno's voice actor would be if he got in? I remember hearing that when Sakurai wanted him in Brawl, he planned on having Ness' voice actor/actress/whatever voice Geno.
I've been imagining Xander Mobus voicing him lately. My idea used to be Kirbopher before, well... stuff happened there. (The thought of him alone makes me shudder lol.) That said, Xander's Joker voice, maybe with a biiiiit of a higher pitch, really fits Geno imo. He has the intensity and coolness, as well as the feather light tone and inflection that I always imagined he had.

Besides, narrator Xander saying Joker's and Geno's names as the two go head-to-head? Beautiful scenario. :4pacman: Also, they both have guns. Geno's neutral special being Geno Beam? Basically... GUN. To top it all off, with the card suite theme-age in SMRPG, everyone has a normal suite (hearts, spades, clubs, diamonds) except for Geno, who has a star a.k.a a wild card a.k.a a joker.

What I'm saying is Geno is a Phantom Thief, thank you for coming to my TED Talk. (I even drew that one image of an All-out Attack Geno that blew up before rofl. Perfect.)

Source on that last claim, btw? I've never heard anything of the sort. That'd be... such a weird fit for Geno imo.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Got a source for that? I've never once heard he considered Ness' VA for Geno

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I can't stop thinking about the Starling leak and watercooler rumors... the wait is so painful, the result will be even more painful :(

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I don't really use this site anymore, and you can keep up w/ my leaks like my e3 and evo ones on my twitter account. ANYWAYS, the point of this reply is to clarify about Geno.

Yes, back in december/january, i did have a nintendo brand ambassador telling me about Geno watercooler rumors. However, he did say he wasn't sure and that it was mostly just an employee rumor at the time. I said if I heard anything more about it, i'd speak up on it, but I haven't. at this point it's very possible that it was just a rumor, but there's a small possibility he's still happening. Now-a-days, I only share stuff that I am 100% sure of -- hence why all the tweets I made about E3 and Evo came true, and the pokemon direct info, and the banana blitz hd title, etc.... The geno info was when I was still going by word of mouth and not actually seeing things for myself. I did not lie about anything, as multiple active users in this thread such as Fatmanonice and Rummy can note, they know the guy. However, I have connections now who show me things that are 100% happening, such as where I got all my E3 info. What I will say is that the guy who mentioned geno rumors DID send me correct info about Banjo at E3 by sending my pictures of a bear and bird. i never tweeted about it or mentioned it outside of my server because I assumed it could've just been a joke or something.

That is also exactly why until NOW I haven't made any posts about the 'starling' pic. Yes, the guy who sent me the bear and bird pics sent me it. No, he did not say what game it was for. No, he did not give me any more hints. All he did was say it's teasing something. Honestly, it could be something broad -- like I've been speculating it's a new bird type pokemon. The reason I personally never tweeted or publicly discussed that image is because IDK wtf it is. I only leak stuff that I am sure of. That got out through Fatmanonice, but that's alright. I don't mind some speculation. I just don't want that as being treated like a 'sabi leak' because it's just a tease coming from somebody related to me.
I truly hope you didn't think I was bringing that up to say 'ITS A LEAK!' Mainly pointing when this was first brought up is all. I did not mean to invoke your wrath lol. Also, Hello! Hope you are doing well and keep doing what your doing! Ya know..."rumors" and all

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Got a source for that? I've never once heard he considered Ness' VA for Geno
Like I said, I remember hearing, and that may not have been true, and this was a long time ago. I looked it up again, and apparent;y, this was on IMDB, so this may have been false, since, well, you know.

Genokie

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick sketch I drew (note: not an artist obviously) after Banjo was announced. One of my friends is as big a fan of Banjo as I am Geno, so it was special to see Banjo be announced and have him finally get his character after we both thought we'd never see our guys make it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does it have to do with the pancakes that appear at the end of Banjo-Kazooie's trailer?

I don't understand how they could make a theory out of that.
They think it's a reference to Crash of the Titans' ending, in which pancakes are involved. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Captain Syrup?
I would love to see Captain Syrup in Smash, if that's what you mean.
I'd take any excuse for her to get more attention, honestly. Even the usual "irrelevant" trash talk from detractors.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They think it's a reference to Crash of the Titans' ending, in which pancakes are involved. Seriously, I'm not joking.

I'd take any excuse for her to get more attention, honestly. Even the usual "irrelevant" trash talk from detractors.
And Crash says pancakes at the end, and apparently he loves them. Whatever happened to Crash favoring Wumpa Fruits? I can see pancakes replacing Wumpa fruits in the next Crash game. :troll:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Im curious if they would just keep him silent

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Here's a quick sketch I drew (note: not an artist obviously) after Banjo was announced. One of my friends is as big a fan of Banjo as I am Geno, so it was special to see Banjo be announced and have him finally get his character after we both thought we'd never see our guys make it.

(snipped for size)
That is just so heartwarming. As a massive fan of both, I do hope they both get to make it in! A lot of Geno fans seem to love Banjo and vice versa, I've noticed, or at least find a lot of common ground. It'd be so great to see them all make it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And Crash says pancakes at the end, and apparently he loves them. Whatever happened to Crash favoring Wumpa Fruits? I can see pancakes replacing Wumpa fruits in the next Crash game. :troll:
Thankfully, Activision backpedalled really fast when they knew exactly what Radical was doing to the series after acquiring them (and proceeded to gutter Radical after Prototype series failed to gain traction). Granted, this led to Skylanders hell for a while, but still. Besides, most people would much rather pretend the Radical era never happened, but some of the elements from them can be salvaged.

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I can't stop thinking about the Starling leak and watercooler rumors... the wait is so painful, the result will be even more painful :(
It best not to take this so seriously it just a game after all no need to work yourself up

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thankfully, Activision backpedalled really fast when they knew exactly what Radical was doing to the series after acquiring them (and proceeded to gutter Radical after Prototype series failed to gain traction). Granted, this led to Skylanders hell for a while, but still. Besides, most people would much rather pretend the Radical era never happened, but some of the elements from them can be salvaged.
Just to make sure, you know I was joking about pancakes replacing Wumpa fruits, right?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Clearly, we need a compromise of pancakes made with Wumpa fruit jam on top. It'll be sweet. :4pacman:

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Picture I drew of Geno on August 2. Didn't put it through digital processing so it isn't the final product. I don't think I'm going to bothering finishing it anyway, tbh. Criticism is good. Human-like characters are not my strong suit.
It’s a good sketch, you’ve done a pretty good job so far. :)

It’s best not to overthink it and waiting for something can get quite aggravating at times, so I wouldn’t let it get you down.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Somewhat, at least you put the troll icon, so I wasn't sure.

But yeah, pancake "hint" is extremely strenuous, especially when the idea of Sak dropping hints that don't lead to immediate payoff is already strenuous by itself.
Well, I did put the troll icon to try and signify that I was joking.

Anyway, what did you mean by "strenuous"?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It best not to take this so seriously it just a game after all no need to work yourself up
I get the impression that most users forget to play other games or do some sort of hobby in the meantime. Of course it'll feel long if one hangs out in here 24/7.

Anyway, what did you mean by "strenuous"?
Really stretching logic, basically. As in, overthinking it to levels that are frankly dumb.

Last edited:

Genokie

Smash Rookie
That is just so heartwarming. As a massive fan of both, I do hope they both get to make it in! A lot of Geno fans seem to love Banjo and vice versa, I've noticed, or at least find a lot of common ground. It'd be so great to see them all make it.
Thank you! I found it so awesome that Banjo and Geno fans had a lot in common since my friend and I spent so many years hoping for both of our characters. Would love to have them both in the same game.

Dynamic Worlok

While we're on the subject of art, I've been working on my own rendition of our little star boi. It's not quite finished yet, but I like how the lines turned out

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Thank you! I found it so awesome that Banjo and Geno fans had a lot in common since my friend and I spent so many years hoping for both of our characters. Would love to have them both in the same game.
Having both Banjo and Geno playable in the game would be the dream. If it happened, I’d put them both on a team in matches so they can fight alongside each other. :grin:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I get the impression that most users forget to play other games or do some sort of hobby in the meantime. Of course it'll feel long if one hangs out in here 24/7.

Yep. As i wait for Geno news, I continue my quest in Kingdom Hearts III. I just finished the Frozen world, also known as filler.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While we're on the subject of art, I've been working on my own rendition of our little star boi. It's not quite finished yet, but I like how the lines turned out
Let me guess: With that hand gesture, Geno is saying "Talk to the hand 'cause the face don't wanna hear it"?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This. It's so easy to learn how to do new things nowadays. Apps and Google are amazing. Just think of something that interests you and research it. That's how I started gardening a few years back and now I grow my own ****ing pumpkins out of storage tubs in my backyard. One of my Smash mains is Wii Fit so I decided to look into yoga and it's so fascinating, especially when all her moves are actual yoga poses and you can feel the strength of them and it makes me appreciate the attention to detail of the character even more. I teach myself French and Italian on my phone. The internet age is amazing and I don't think enough people take advantage of it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Let me guess: With that hand gesture, Geno is saying "Talk to the hand 'cause the face don't wanna hear it"?
What's sad is that it'd be perfectly in-character for him to say that, too. It's such a lame 90's comeback that it fits him perfectly... and it hurts my bones. :laugh:

This. It's so easy to learn how to do new things nowadays. Apps and Google are amazing. Just think of something that interests you and research it. That's how I started gardening a few years back and now I grow my own ****ing pumpkins out of storage tubs in my backyard. One of my Smash mains is Wii Fit so I decided to look into yoga and it's so fascinating, especially when all her moves are actual yoga poses and you can feel the strength of them and it makes me appreciate the attention to detail of the character even more. I teach myself French and Italian on my phone. The internet age is amazing and I don't think enough people take advantage of it.
Yoga's a real freaking nut buster, too, which surprised me. When I first started it, I had no idea that it'd leave me so beat at the end of a good sesh. It's great, though.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Jokes on you, I bought $500 worth of that series's stuff so who's the loser now!? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I get the impression that most users forget to play other games
*looks over at my 4031 hours logged in FFXIV* Honestly, I don't think it's much healthier at this point...

All kidding aside, definitely. Go outside, get fresh air. Learn how to draw.. especially the third one. We can always use more artists!

in my head I guess it was sort of a cross between a high five pose and a "STOP!" pose.. part of me wants to add the text "that smash roster belongs to everyone"

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey, so quick question. Why does the thread title say "return of the starsend savior" and not "return of the starsenT savior"? Is that a deliberate reference or just a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom