• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I've accepted that possibility, but it's not a sure thing until we see all the cards, baby. Being pessimistic because your bruised ego can't handle a little speculation let down is a you problem.
Same could be said with Geno be part of the Fighters Pass or a Bonus Fighter (which the latter confuses me since there's no evidence to that actually being a thing). Also I'm not pessimistic because I have a "bruised ego," I'm pessimistic because I know this series pretty freaking well and I can read thing writing on the wall that Sakurai left for us. I know who ain't getting in and I'm not bothering guessing who the next two fighters since they're third party and it can literally be anyone.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
While I'm like, 99% sure none of the acusations are being leveraged at me I'm going to talk about it anyway. All my life whenever there's been something I care about that's goes unresolved in some way it has a habit of hooking into brain and hijacking my thoughts until i get it resolved. Because of this I'm almost physically incapable of not finishing things that I start or watching/playing something before I'm done with whatever I was before. Unfortunately this dlc cycle is effecting me in the same way. The moment they showed off that we were getting five more characters after launch and then refused to tell us anything more about it
I was hooked in. To be honest I think i actually prefer how they did dlc in 4 because of this. Since they would just drop stuff whenever and with no warning there was no expectations about what was coming or when and after each release I could enjoy it and move on with my life until the next one happened and I could come back again. This time, oh boy has it been an endurance test. Eventually after the February direct when it was clear joker or any news on him or the others was not coming any time soon I ended up finally hitting the failsafe for my own sanity and just completely stopped caring about smash, and naturally this meant I was out for good so even when joker did come out I barely even gave it the time of day. Looking back on it i can't say I regret that decision because talking in circles for 3 months would have been hell but it still makes me sad to see it happen. I would have still been like that if it weren't for the e3 direct. I wasn't expecting anything out of what was happening anyway so after tuning and and seeing not even erdrick but luminary show up as the 2nd rep was a massive eye roller. I began to tune out and almost just get back to work when suddenly solo eight and erdrick all jumped on screen and I had the 2nd biggest reaction to a reveal I ever had. I eventually left for time reasons and unfortunately had banjo spoiled before I could get the video finished naturally but the excitement of it all reignited my passion for this game and not long after came back here to lurk again. Fastforward a bit and suddenly here we are with multiple big pieces all skyrocketing geno' s chances the suspense had risen to some of the highest levels I ever saw them and after about a week of the hypetrain rolling we got over the hill to see, nothing. Now we're in storage situation were all the evidence is still in play in all the same ways but now with nothing to tie them too or event to wait for. It feels like a smash 4 drought but with the expectation that somthing should be happening at any time but it just goes on and on with nothing. Right now I'm back to my original hypothesis that were getting a second double reveal around the banjo release or at least 1 and 1 at th game awards again. But that could be around 2 months from now and with how exausting it was waiting out the month of hype and suspense for this starling hint to go through, and now we have the costume Mia, I just done see how I'm going to handle that much energy and suspense for 2 more at the minimum and with no real date in sight. I mean it's not like I'm stranded but the only way out is sacrifice everything and even now the idea of turning a geno reveal from a HOLY **** OMGGGGG, to a "oh thank God ****ing finally" is still horrifying thankfully but this is going to be a very emotionally rough period and I would give absolutely anything to get the starling or even the reveals in general over with as soon as humanly possible.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Same could be said with Geno be part of the Fighters Pass or a Bonus Fighter (which the latter confuses me since there's no evidence to that actually being a thing). Also I'm not pessimistic because I have a "bruised ego," I'm pessimistic because I know this series pretty freaking well and I can read thing writing on the wall that Sakurai left for us. I know who ain't getting in and I'm not bothering guessing who the next two fighters since they're third party and it can literally be anyone.
That still doesn't make it not a you problem. You assume that you can't hold realistic expectations while still keeping a positive attitude, and it shows in your fatalistic posts. Keep that to you my dude, but don't pretend everyone else needs to hold the same mindset. And you don't know who's getting in, unless you're secretly sakurai or a Nintendo insider (and if I'm wrong about that, by all means feel free to speak up) all you have, just like the rest of us are guesses and assumptions, nothing more. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I woke up and caught up with the thread. Glad things have, for the most part, died down (Hi 4chan! Y'all better be here til the bitter end!)

So a couple of things. The bird choice WAS deliberate! So now two possibilities spring to mind with this and let's get the first out of the way.
Pokemon Gen 4 - Starly - Starling. Now this makes sense, HOWEVER, the Pokemon company have never announced a main game while another main game was coming/yet to be released. They always follow the same formula, February or March announces Pokemon game, slowly releases info, announces game for November release, more info on game til release, release of title.
Of course, they could do this to satisfy the people who are upset over the national dex not coming back. But, they have one other big project currently in development, Town. With all this in mind, I would be hard pressed if the Starling hint was for Pokemon.
Smash seems to make the most sense, unless it is a new first party title, yet to be revealed. Doubtful of that scenario, honestly.

We are still in this, Geno Gang!

Firox

Smash Master
So I'm kinda irked that the only "leak" to come out of the last couple days was some baseless tripe on 4chan claiming that Frisk from Undertale may be DLC#4. I'm not sure which is worse: The prospect of getting a character I have ZERO knowledge or interest in or the fact that we'll likely be sitting in total information darkness until Banjo-Kazooie comes out. Not exactly the Monday morning I was hoping for.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know who ain't getting in and I'm not bothering guessing who the next two fighters since they're third party and it can literally be anyone.
That's just a likely assumption that isn't written in stone. Unless Sakurai comes out and says "All the fighters in the Season Pass are 3rd party." than it isn't really a fact that we are getting nothing but 3rd party characters in the Season Pass.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Hold on guys, the announcement will probably be at Super Smash Con wouldn't it? It's a week after EVO (I think) so it still isn't that much later than the standard dates for Sabi's source. In hindsight we should have probably been thinking of that event instead of EVO.

Now if nothing happens there, then I will be very confused.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Hold on guys, the announcement will probably be at Super Smash Con wouldn't it? It's a week after EVO (I think) so it still isn't that much later than the standard dates for Sabi's source. In hindsight we should have probably been thinking of that event instead of EVO.
It's entirely possible. Let us hope for the best! In the meanwhile, let's try not to despair of nothing comes of it!

Let's go DDOS ! :awesome:
That would end poorly, I think.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

More likely just the next nintendo direct. Its in september, as it usually has been the last 3 years

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That still doesn't make it not a you problem. You assume that you can't hold realistic expectations while still keeping a positive attitude, and it shows in your fatalistic posts. Keep that to you my dude, but don't pretend everyone else needs to hold the same mindset. And you don't know who's getting in, unless you're secretly sakurai or a Nintendo insider (and if I'm wrong about that, by all means feel free to speak up) all you have, just like the rest of us are guesses and assumptions, nothing more. So sit back and enjoy the ride.
Look, we all know that the last two DLC Fighters are going to be third party characters. It's not going to be any Nintendo character because majority of the requested Nintendo characters are either Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes or Spirits. There's nothing left for them to pick on the Nintendo side. For third party it can literally be anyone. It could be Dante, Sora, Scorpion, Doomguy, Travis, Heihachi, Sol Badguy, Kos-Mos, Yuri, Monster Hunter, Ryu Hababusa, Professor Layton, or Phoenix Write and at the same time it can be none of those characters. Every third party character has an equal chance of getting in, especially after Joker. There's no reason expect any one of these characters because there's a good chance that a lot of these aren't on Sakurai's or Nintendo's radar when it came to character selection, and that's something I shouldn't be upset about because there's no reason for any third party character to be in Smash Bros due to legal reasons. Would it cool if Dante got in? Sure, but I'm not going to expect that because why should I? You can have realistic expectations while keeping a positive attitude, but as EVO showed there can be a total meltdown when we lean to close to being super positive and not take in consideration that Nintendo was going to end EVO with nothing while everyone else showed something.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look, we all know that the last two DLC Fighters are going to be third party characters. It's not going to be any Nintendo character because majority of the requested Nintendo characters are either Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes or Spirits. There's nothing left for them to pick on the Nintendo side. For third party it can literally be anyone. It could be Dante, Sora, Scorpion, Doomguy, Travis, Heihachi, Sol Badguy, Kos-Mos, Yuri, Monster Hunter, Ryu Hababusa, Professor Layton, or Phoenix Write and at the same time it can be none of those characters. Every third party character has an equal chance of getting in, especially after Joker. There's no reason expect any one of these characters because there's a good chance that a lot of these aren't on Sakurai's or Nintendo's radar when it came to character selection, and that's something I shouldn't be upset about because there's no reason for any third party character to be in Smash Bros due to legal reasons. Would it cool if Dante got in? Sure, but I'm not going to expect that because why should I? You can have realistic expectations while keeping a positive attitude, but as EVO showed there can be a total meltdown when we lean to close to being super positive and not take in consideration that Nintendo was going to end EVO with nothing while everyone else showed something.
That's such a close minded way of thinking. Porky and Sylux don't have Spirits so they have a decent chance of being a possibility.

link2702

Smash Champion
So now more back to geno. so since we’re now back to basically where we were just after hero’s release, I do still think we’ll get some sort of direct this month on smash, at least to give us more an idea on banjo and his release date, hopefully revealing the 4th character(please be geno)

As for banjo, I think he’ll be released sometime early October, or at least mid. I don’t see him releasing closer to the end cuz it might take some hype away from luigi’s mansion 3, since he’s definitely the most hyped dlc here in the west. Just my opinion of course, but still, I feel the first or second week in October.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

1.) How is any of this NOT an assumption based on fan made restrictions?
2.) I don't subscribe to the idea that one should abandon positivity because you might suffer a little disappointment. If someone's mental well being rests precariously on whether or not smash speculation goes the way they expect, then, to be perfectly frank, the speculation scene is not a place they should be spending their time.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So now more back to geno. so since we’re now back to basically where we were just after hero’s release, I do still think we’ll get some sort of direct this month on smash, at least to give us more an idea on banjo and his release date, hopefully revealing the 4th character(please be geno)

As for banjo, I think he’ll be released sometime early October, or at least mid. I don’t see him releasing closer to the end cuz it might take some hype away from luigi’s mansion 3, since he’s definitely the most hyped dlc here in the west. Just my opinion of course, but still, I feel the first or second week in October.

Next thing (if not a smash character in a Nintendo direct) is very likely just a Banjo video just like Hero and Joker got. No need to have smash directs beyond this anymore, unless we get something major. Hoping Banjo is almost done though and releases earlier than expected

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Now if nothing happens there, then I will be very confused.
If nothing happened at EVO, what makes you think they'll reveal anything at Smash con?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That's just a likely assumption that isn't written in stone. Unless Sakurai comes out and says "All the fighters in the Season Pass are 3rd party." than it isn't really a fact that we are getting nothing but 3rd party characters in the Season Pass.
Have you not seen the Assist Trophy, Mii Costume & Spirit list? The only notable Nintendo characters that aren't include are Porky, Sylux, and Poochy. There's no way any of those are going to be the last two fighters.

We also know that each DLC Fighter is bring it's own special Spirit Board that features characters exclusive to that series, so that means any series that's already represented by Spirits aren't the last two fighters. Basically every well known Nintendo series are represented by Spirits, whether it's mainstream or extremely niche. The only chose would be to include a brand new series, but seeing how Rex & ARMS got the boot for being too new no one else has a shot. And for clarity, I'm not saying Spirits deconfirm the characters, I'm saying they're Spirits because there was no plan for those characters to be playable.

These are all the signs that people refuse to acknowledge.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I posted this over 17 hours ago on page 1193 25 pages back:

We are now just 15 pages away from surpassing the Smash 4 K. Rool thread. You guys are amazing.

I know this is the Geno thread, but frankly im still in awe we got Ridley, Banjo and K. Rool in one game.

Geno really needs to complete this quartet man (yes, it would be MUSICALLY SOUND)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Have you not seen the Assist Trophy, Mii Costume & Spirit list? The only notable Nintendo characters that aren't include are Porky, Sylux, and Poochy. There's no way any of those are going to be the last two fighters.

We also know that each DLC Fighter is bring it's own special Spirit Board that features characters exclusive to that series, so that means any series that's already represented by Spirits aren't the last two fighters. Basically every well known Nintendo series are represented by Spirits, whether it's mainstream or extremely niche. The only chose would be to include a brand new series, but seeing how Rex & ARMS got the boot for being too new no one else has a shot. And for clarity, I'm not saying Spirits deconfirm the characters, I'm saying they're Spirits because there was no plan for those characters to be playable.

These are all the signs that people refuse to acknowledge.
Well, you ain't going to change my mind or anybody else that thinks otherwise.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Happy Monday reminder that Geno is in the best place he has ever been right now.

Sucks that we have to wait but that is nothing new to us. Excited to see what August holds. I still don’t think we’re far off from a direct

Dynamic Worlok

I'm not saying Spirits deconfirm the characters, I'm saying they're Spirits because there was no plan for those characters to be playable.
I'm not saying spirits deconfirm characters, but spirits deconfirm characters

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sigh... and people wonder where my fear was at? Nintendo if you read this... just please rip the bandage off. The wait for a yes/no is the worst thing of all.
While I might be on the skeptic side, I won¨t lose hope until the fat lady sings.

Could potentially be the Diamond/Pearl remakes being announced early as some way to try to mitigate all of the Pokemon controversy. Starly was basically the first Pokemon outside of a starter you encountered in those games, so it would line-up with the Link's Awakening tease. I don't see any reason for them to announce such titles this early (thought they are almost definitely coming at some point) though... unless, like I said, they're trying to do something crazy like announcing all Pokemon will be available across both titles or something this early on.
Didn¨t VR Plant say that it will be a Diamond and Pearl remake soon, or have I mistaken it for another leak?

Dynamic Worlok

Sigh... and people wonder where my fear was at? Nintendo if you read this... just please rip the bandage off. The wait for a yes/no is the worst thing of all.
While I might be on the skeptic side, I won¨t lose hope until the fat lady sings.

Didn¨t VR Plant say that it will be a Diamond and Pearl remake soon, or have I mistaken it for another leak?
As far as I know, vrplant has said nothing of diamond/pearl. Though that would be hype as ****

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If nothing happened at EVO, what makes you think they'll reveal anything at Smash con?
I share this sentiment. Has Nintendo ever done anything at this event before? It would make sense, Big fan event, big news? Didn't happen at EVO, I don't think we would get anything there.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

And that lady has yet to sing!

VR did not say that. I love Gen 4 and would welcome it, but I think we will have to wait for next year for that. Or better yet, when Town is done.

EDIT: Well then...it might be...please not yet...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want to thank everyone for (largely) staying grounded last night and also for all the kind words. Again, this place is my online home and a big part of the reason why I share things here. Obviously, I have a lot to talk about regarding the current situation but I feel like I need to clear up some points of contention that people have with me and how I present information. Enough time has passed that I can now talk about these things and I think you all are owed an explanation:

-"So, what was that whole Red Carpet treatment statement about anyways?" It was speculation on my part but now I can share where I was coming from. Shortly after Joker came, Sabi did her usual thing of coming into the Discord and telling us about the latest high profile insiders she had made connections with. This time it was two people strongly connected with Microsoft with one of them essentially being an ambassador for the gaming division of the company. Both said the same thing, Steve was all but fake info to trip people up. When asked about Banjo, the ambassador more or less said that, based on what they knew, it was pretty probable. Of course, this got the gears going in my head and my speculation went into overdrive.

My Red Carpet treatment statement was a piece work of several pieces of information. This, the fact that several of Sabi's more reliable sources said that Rare Replay was probably coming, and the lingering rumor that even King Zell supported that Nintendo and Microsoft were secretly working on a big project together. In my mind, I saw these three things as connected and entertained the idea that Nintendo's big bombshell at E3 was going to be this trio of announcements. As we now know, only one came to fruition and the other two are still a mystery. Also, yes "the second forerunner" was in fact Master Chief because there were also rumors of a Halo collection for the Switch but the evidence for Banjo kept pulling up as time went on. Again, I had to keep the finer details to myself and I'm sorry for the frustrations my speculation caused.

-"Did Sabi's old source know about Hero?" More than likely but they didn't care. When we got intel on the Brave datamine back in December, he had some, er, choice words about Erdrick and it was a topic he never touched again. Like I've said in the past, he only seems to share news with us about stuff that not only we like but he likes too. There's only one of the ten of us that's notably a Dragon Quest fan and he's definitely not it. If he knew, he either shared it with Sabi in private or kept it to himself because he was that unenthused about it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
And that lady has yet to sing!

VR did not say that. I love Gen 4 and would welcome it, but I think we will have to wait for next year for that. Or better yet, when Town is done.

EDIT: Well then...it might be...please not yet...
I know... but it, unfortunately, fits within the timeframe -_-

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Have a feeling I missed something really big... Can someone sum up the recent developments? The bird is indeed a Smash hint, wasn't it?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Got back from work. While last night left me slightly disappointed, I'm not willing to give up yet. The Mii Fighter costume being missing was a pretty big deal for us, and we've yet to see the last two fighters revealed. Also, the news of the Pokemon Direct is probably not what Sabi's source is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom