• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So I'm assuming we'll see the content that comes with Hero a day before before he comes out, similar to Joker

This will either be late July or early August

Our questions will be answered then

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
So I'm assuming we'll see the content that comes with Hero a day before before he comes out, similar to Joker

This will either be late July or early August

Our questions will be answered then
So either we'll be looking at a Geno Mii Costume in 1-2 months or we'll get to speculate longer and keep our suspense up. I hope for the latter as it'll look a whole lot better for Geno.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So either we'll be looking at a Geno Mii Costume in 1-2 months or we'll get to speculate longer and keep our suspense up. I hope for the latter as it'll look a whole lot better for Geno.
We could technically have both, as we have discussed why the costume being ported over could not equal disconfirmation.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Never before have I hoped that the speculation cycle would continue, but dangit, I don't want this to be the end.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
GenoWhirl2.png

Imagine if Geno Whirl had the potential to be a kill move in Smash. Actually of all his abilities it'd probably the best option for a reliable kill move.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I was thinking it could be his side-b with a timed hit mechanic where it will kill.
How much damage are we thinking exactly? Obviously it won't do max like in game(I bet Sakurai will comment on this change), but it will still be high for a projectile.

D

Deleted member

I know I said this before but the thing I want to see for an updated design for Geno in Smash is have tiny rips and tears throughout his cape. Give him a little more of that "old toy" vibe.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know I said this before but the thing I want to see for an updated design for Geno in Smash is have tiny rips and tears throughout his cape. Give him a little more of that "old toy" vibe.
That would be cool, though part of me wants to see the cape be like one of those awkward lego capes. :laugh:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey uhh I don't wanna be that guy, but after seeing some reactions to Hero I feel like I should ask this.

How do you think you would react if the Fighter Pass ends and there's no Geno?

what are the top 5 most supported characters here now that banjo is in?
I'd say Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Ashley, and I dunno who I'd say is fifth.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Hey uhh I don't wanna be that guy, but after seeing some reactions to Hero I feel like I should ask this.

Very, Very disappointed but in the end there's always Smash 6 so while I may be depressed for a few days weeks months I'd be okay in the long run.

I don't know if I need to say this or not but the days, weeks months thing was a joke. I'd only be upset for like a week and even then it wouldn't be full out depression just mind disappointment.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You mean something like this?View attachment 227949
Yes. Realistically speaking, I imagine his cape would be something like this. Then again, it really depends on the Geno dolls quality.

No clue, depends on the person really.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I was thinking it could be his side-b with a timed hit mechanic where it will kill.
I've always assumed the same thing.

How much damage are we thinking exactly? Obviously it won't do max like in game(I bet Sakurai will comment on this change), but it will still be high for a projectile.

Disappointed but hopeful for an FP2 announcement. Also Sora is definitely up there. Arguably above Ashley and maybe a couple others.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

The bandage has been ripped off for me in terms of the Fighter's Pass at this point, if not all of Ultimate entirely, so I won't be too upset. I will be sad, but I'll be very grateful because I got Banjo and Kazooie in the end. I'll keep hoping that Geno will come back someday, though, and I will always fight to see him return.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I was thinking about how it was nice that Sakurai went with the classic Banjo noises rather than what he typically does for animals(Real bear noises coming out of Banjo would be weird) when I remembered that Geno's version of that is much more complex in nature.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
You know, I was thinking about how it was nice that Sakurai went with the classic Banjo noises rather than what he typically does for animals(Real bear noises coming out of Banjo would be weird) when I remembered that Geno's version of that is much more complex in nature.
Geno now with realistic puppet sound effects

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah, I always loved the “Wee!” Banjo makes when he jumps.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd rather not need trauma counselling every time Geno is played
I imagine he will have some sort of mechanism like noises, just not that creepy. I think we can safely assume from Banjo that he will have his classic sound effects. It's the possibility of a voice that I am most curious of.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I just wish Square would give Nintendo the rights to Geno since he’s a Mario character and they’re never going to use him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Got Banjo and Ridley in this game so Geno's pretty much the last character I want. Can't be too upset if my 20+ year wishlist ends up down to a single character.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Geno was tied for my second most wanted character with Banjo. K. Rool was my third most wanted.

So I’d be sad, but I did get two characters I really wanted so I can’t be too upset.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
There's not really a point for one anyways.

Got Banjo and Ridley in this game so Geno's pretty much the last character I want. Can't be too upset if my 20+ year wishlist ends up down to a single character.
Imagine the only character on your 20+ year wishlist has been Geno

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would like to hear a voice. Geno was rather talkative in the game after all, so it would make sense that he would be able to make fight noises or say some of his iconic lines.

D

Deleted member

I would like to hear a voice. Geno was rather talkative in the game after all, so it would make sense that he would be able to make fight noises or say some of his iconic lines.
Who would his voice actor be though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom