• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo would be foolish not to release more DLC.
especially that smash ultimate is the best selling smash game, they have the biggest customer/install base to offer additional content. I normally don't buy DLC for other games, but for smash... I have no question about it!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Nintendo would be foolish not to release more DLC.
True that. That being said, they've made foolish moves before, so I wouldn't put it past them not to.

Anyhow, I don't think we'll get another wave, per se. I think we'd get misc. fighter DLC after the fact, maybe misc. additional stages with a new menu added a la Sm4sh. That way, they can constantly surprise us and put whatever and whoever they can, whenever they want without a deadline. I think that'd be a great idea and it'd give Sakurai and the team more ease + flexibility.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After they reveal the 5th dlc character do you think we’ll get another dlc wave?
From a financial and crowd-pleasing standpoint, it makes a lot of sense, but the developers need to take a break at SOME point.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
After they reveal the 5th dlc character do you think we’ll get another dlc wave?
100% Surely.
Sakurai already said that he believes a new smash game will not be necessary in the next 10 year or so. Nintendo will keep doin' DLC, constantly asking to get Sakurai Approvation, even tho he won't be supervising the work.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If there is another wave I just hope Nintendo of America chooses it
You know, since NoJ selected this whole wave, it'd be neat to see if they'd take some ideas from NoA for future DLC, too. It'd balance out western and eastern fanbase appeal, at the very least, and we know NoA would probably jump on the chance for Geno. They'd probably also see about getting Banjo and, after all the issues from before, maybe even Isaac.

D

Deleted member

You know, since NoJ selected this whole wave, it'd be neat to see if they'd take some ideas from NoA for future DLC, too. It'd balance out western and eastern fanbase appeal, at the very least, and we know NoA would probably jump on the chance for Geno. They'd probably also see about getting Banjo and, after all the issues from before, maybe even Isaac.
I have a lot more faith in Nintendo of America to choose good DLC than Nintendo of Japan, lol.

I even have more faith in NoA choosing Geno than Sakurai (although I still am confident about Sakurai choosing Geno if SE agreed to it)

Last edited by a moderator:

domriver

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate is a huge fat cash cow that they barely started milking. I think from a business stand point - yes. Regarding developers. They can always switch teams up and what not. Nintendo has a gold mine with this smash ultimate. Especially with no new smash for at least 10 yrs.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate is a huge fat cash cow that they barely started milking. I think from a business stand point - yes. Regarding developers. They can always switch teams up and what not. Nintendo has a gold mine with this smash ultimate. Especially with no new smash for at least 10 yrs.
From a business stand point and a fan-pleasing stand point

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, keep in mind that Sakurai said the whole 10-year thing facetiously. Whatever Nintendo says is what will go. If they want him to make a new Smash for the next console sooner rather than later, he'll be doing that. If not, he may or may not do more DLC with minute supervision to ensure quality control. Maybe the next Smash won't be for another ten years, but remember that he wasn't being dead serious and certain about that number.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think it depends- if it's in a direct called the final presentation like with Bayonetta in Smash 4, then no. But if they leave it sorta open, then yes. And I'd buy it too.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys consider Smash 4's DLC to be in "waves?"

We had Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy and Ryu. Then we had Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta. Those are sort of two waves.
So Smash Ultimate might be similar. DLC pack 1, then maybe three more characters after...? Not sure, though.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Well, keep in mind that Sakurai said the whole 10-year thing facetiously. Whatever Nintendo says is what will go. If they want him to make a new Smash for the next console sooner rather than later, he'll be doing that. If not, he may or may not do more DLC with minute supervision to ensure quality control. Maybe the next Smash won't be for another ten years, but remember that he wasn't being dead serious and certain about that number.
But he was being sincere.
If nintendo, for some sort of reason, ask Sakurai about making a new game I guess he is gonna answer like "Dude, what's wrong with you".
At least for the next years.

D

Deleted member

A DLC pack is a character, stage, and music tracks. For instance, the Joker pack is a DLC pack.

Waves/seasons are what we are looking for

Plus, I don't think whatever the last reveal will be called will affect whether or not we get more DLC, considering that wave 2 is currently not planned

Last edited by a moderator:

Piks

Smash Journeyman
But he was being sincere.
If nintendo, for some sort of reason, ask Sakurai about making a new game I guess he is gonna answer like "Dude, what's wrong with you".
At least for the next years.
I don't think he'd make a new Smash game for quite a long time after Ultimate. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have projects in the meantime, sort of like Uprising. He's been doing Smash almost exclusively for almost twenty years...

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I don't think he'd make a new Smash game for quite a long time after Ultimate. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have projects in the meantime, sort of like Uprising. He's been doing Smash almost exclusively for almost twenty years...
Ohyeah I was talking about a new Smash Game, my bad.
There's Kirby, Kid Ikarus and... Sora ltda

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
man i wish nintendo pulls a dragon ball fighterz season 2 where they just announced the other dlc fighters without game play. like joker. cuz to me I haven't been playing smash ever since the release last year. I want a reason to go back to the game, but the speculation is killing me and I can't take it anymore. I get this is all part of their PR but I just want to know the characters by now and not just take sakurai's word for it you know.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We are acting like Nintendo wouldn't be able to put a team together to work on DLC that requires very minimum Sakurai supervision. We are forgetting they aren't making a brand new game any more. They are just making very few new characters and stages. Which by the work load they are used to is basically nothing. There is already a balance team that Sakurai has no part in.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I do believe there was some statement made about more DLC being dependent on how well the first wave goes.

...so yeah, most likely, lol. I can't imagine it won't all sell like hotcakes. The only hiccup may be if they put in someone hotly contested (*cough*Steve*cough*) and half the fanbase refuses to buy them out of spite. I'd be one of them, in the case above.:p

But hey, if they told me "Geno will be developed IF you buy all DLC," then I might be willing to cave...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I do believe there was some statement made about more DLC being dependent on how well the first wave goes.

...so yeah, most likely, lol. I can't imagine it won't all sell like hotcakes. The only hiccup may be if they put in someone hotly contested (*cough*Steve*cough*) and half the fanbase refuses to buy them out of spite. I'd be one of them, in the case above.:p

But hey, if they told me "Geno will be developed IF you buy all DLC," then I might be willing to cave...
Top 10 most evil anime bad guy plans: "buy Steve or no more DLC"

slopdop

Smash Cadet
With Switch promising a long healthy life cycle unlike where they had to halt/switch over production assuming they dropped off the Wii U ship during late 2015, I can definitely see a pretty long period of DLC happening. Not sure if something's been said like this before but who knows, maybe instead of the Fighter Pass we could get something like an adventure expansion where an evil spirit possesses the Geno doll and you have to fight your way through. Also against bosses like Megasmilax and also have to find/save ♡♪!? so that once you defeat Geno, Geno can return with the original star spirit along with an unlockable Mallow assist trophy, adventure exclusive spirits, music, and a stage where the fight takes place. /shrug

Ovaltine

Smash Master
With Switch promising a long healthy life cycle unlike where they had to halt/switch over production assuming they dropped off the Wii U ship during late 2015, I can definitely see a pretty long period of DLC happening. Not sure if something's been said like this before but who knows, maybe instead of the Fighter Pass we could get something like an adventure expansion where an evil spirit possesses the Geno doll and you have to fight your way through. Also against bosses like Megasmilax and also have to find/save ♡♪!? so that once you defeat Geno, Geno can return with the original star spirit along with an unlockable Mallow assist trophy, adventure exclusive spirits, music, and a stage where the fight takes place. /shrug
Man, as much as I know something that cool would never happen, I'd kill for something like that. More like Sakurai, take my entire bank account, please.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, no, maybe, I don't know. Pretty much all the standard responses this question is likely to get.

The long answer is, it might happen. Cashflow is healthy, there's already balance checks, which makes chances of future updates only being those getting lower, Sakurai is at awe at other developers doing big things (presumably including the likes of Dragon Ball Fighter Z and even Splatoon 2), DLC has less things to make and program for than the main game overall. On the flipside, we have no idea if Sak will announce retirement immediately after the pass is finished, even though DLC is coming out slightly faster than last time.

While I'm doubtful Geno will show up this time, other characters may have a chance, with existing fan support or not.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In all seriousness, I think we can reliably guess that the Direct is next week. The plant is out of the bag now, so they'll probably have to reveal at least one Smash-related news piece ASAP, and we haven't even got a regular Direct at all this month.

In the meantime, they can't hide the Darksiders trailer, try as they might.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In all seriousness, I think we can reliably guess that the Direct is next week. The plant is out of the bag now, so they'll probably have to reveal at least one Smash-related news piece ASAP, and we haven't even got a regular Direct at all this month.

In the meantime, they can't hide the Darksiders trailer, try as they might.

That's the current speculation, anyways. Supposedly Direct almost always happen within two weeks of Nindies so people are starting to be cautiously hopeful for next Wednesday/Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom