• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well they could reveal Banjo at E3.

I don't follow that logic. I mean, if we examine these official drawings, they can look small and be different genders.

Sure they are technically "adult," their size is definitely smaller than, like, Cloud. Unless we're talking about this guy. Even then, it wouldn't rule out female Erdrick.

Of course it would rule out female goku if they chose chibi eddy so if they want a female alt then adult eddy is the right way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Given how Snake is basically a composite of 2 Solid Snake designs and one Naked Snake design, I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai to make female Chibi Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

Given how Snake is basically a composite of 2 Solid Snake designs and one Naked Snake design, I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai to make female Chibi Erdrick.
Then in that case

Give Geno female Geno alts too :4pacman:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Ok here is the Geno version. We are going to ignore at the stats. Stats don't matter. What we need to look at is the name. "Brave" It's more then just a code word. Let me explain. Super Mario RPG's anniversary is going to be 03/09/2019. If we add that all together we get 24. It will be turning 23 this year. Then we have Brave. Each letter corresponds to a number. Brave becomes 2-18-1-22-5. Adding that up we get 21. That gives us the numbers 21, 23, 24. But we are missing the 22. But wait we saw a 22 in Brave. 22 is V. V means 5. There are 5 DLC characters. Brave is the 2nd DLC character. So that makes it 2/5. February 5th. It's a Tuesday. This all means that on February 5th we are going to get a Nintendo direct that announces Brave as Geno slated for a release on Super Mario RPG's anniversary 03/09/2019
I feel like I just exited the Matrix. Consider me woke. #GenoFeb5th

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I think you forgot the "Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk" bit.

Also guys, I'm curious:
1) Who do you expect Brave to be?
2) Who do you want Brave to be?
3) Who do you not want Brave to be?
4) When do you think Brave will be announced?
1) Erdrick, but I lowkey expect Lloyd
2) Geno, but Banjo would be an awesome surprise.
3) Every character has it's fans that will be happy and that warms my heart, but Steve is U.G.L.Y., so Steve.
4) FEBUARY 5TH, BABY! Released on 03/09/2019

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yes.

And long hair :D
Would that be long ribbons? Did we establish if Geno's ribbons were meant to be hair?

...honestly, long ribbons in back would be pretty cute. And the cape could just be a dress...

Ok, this will never happen, but I wouldn't hate it if it did, lol.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Err, posting stuff like this in places where you perceive it'll get a lot of backlash is... probably just inciting flames that shouldn't be evoked in the first place. I don't recommend doing that...
I agree. I wouldn't post this anywhere except here, but I think what you (@Connorb0t2) made is still great. I wouldn't post that anywhere because if Brave ends up being someone else, there will be people being harsh on you.

And I think Brave could be anyone, but some of the stats are interesting; the height is what gets me most.
No one will be laughing at us soon when it will actually be Geno. Everyone else is trying to twist the stats to be how they want. But us? We know the truth.
Yep, the truth is... Mallow is NOT a tadpole.
God, I'd love that, though. If we got Banjo, I'd forgive Nintendo for not adding Geno this time.
I agree. All that matters is that it's a fan service pick! :)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
A Whis propic, that's a first.

Anyway guys I need help I'm stuck listening to the Smithy theme again.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
And I think Brave could be anyone, but some of the stats are interesting; the height is what gets me most.
Same. It's difficult for me to imagine a 3rd party guest character that is the same height as Ness/Lucas while still being proportional to their source material. Almost all of the characters thrown around online as potential DLC are canonically (or believed to be) taller than Ness/Lucas.

The only ones that make sense (to me) as being that height, and a floaty character that slides are:

- Geno
- Slime
- Tails
- Rayman? (Is Rayman short?)
- Frogger

The last three are not really heavy at all. So I suppose I am feeling cautiosly optimistic that Brave could be Geno or Slime (Slime Knight even?)

I doubt they would scale popularly speculated characters like Banjo, Erdick, Ryu H., Steve, Lloyd, Doomguy, and Sora as shorter than Mario.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The whole thing about "kid" Erdrick is a bit misleading. Kid Erdrick doesn't exist. They misinterpret the chibi art as the character at a younger age. The game Erdrick comes from specifically states they are 16. Not to mention to those who argue the reason they would make the character a kid to appeal to Goku fans, BIG logical problem with that. Even within Japan, Goku is typically marketed by and large in his adult state. The last time Kid Goku was really relevant in marketing and heavilly pushed was when Dragonball GT was the current series at the time. Outside of Japan, most people associate Goku as an adult rather than a kid because of Z. So if they're trying to market any DQ characters based entirely on Akira Toriyama's distinctive artstyle, they would use the adult Erdricks and not a chibi one to best capture their interest. That, and DQ chibis are the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It has been hilarious that most speculation ties right back into "Brave is probably not Erdrick but there is still a good chance he is coming later" because we can't really disprove insiders since we know nothing but they can't exactly prove what they are saying except by saying "I have a good track record" Man some more news or a legit leak better come out soon.

Looma

Smash Journeyman

Also guys, I'm curious:
1. Someone who's not "in play" right now. These stats and codename fit a wide variety of characters that aren't in the Square Enix camp. I've seen them reasonably applied to several characters from Arthur to even Agumon with little to no stretching really required. It could be anybody!
2. Geno or Arthur
3. Erdrick
4. uhhhhhh sometime in February sounds reasonable?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It has been hilarious that most speculation ties right back into "Brave is probably not Erdrick but there is still a good chance he is coming later" because we can't really disprove insiders since we know nothing but they can't exactly prove what they are saying except by saying "I have a good track record" Man some more news or a legit leak better come out soon.
I know right? I want those stupid "insiders" (no offense to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and his contacts, of course, they're good people) to be BTFOed so hard that people won't take them any more seriously than monkeys afterwards.

We've walked around in circles so much that we're practically digging all the way to China at this point. This has gotten really old and I want people to think outside the box, not in it!

Unfortunately there's still a little over a week of this nonsense before we get close to any news, so…

*insert gif of Samuel L. Jackson saying "Everybody strap in!" because even the image uploader has gotten sick of the constant arguments, so I can't put it in*

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman

Also guys, I'm curious:
1.) Erdrick or non Square rep, leaning more towards the latter. Assuming the weight doesn't change, I don't think it's gonna be Sora, he's not that heavy
2.) Geno of course
3.) I'm not really opposed to anyone at this point
4.) Somewhere between March and E3

D

Deleted member

Of course it would rule out female goku if they chose chibi eddy so if they want a female alt then adult eddy is the right way to go.
I think what we're going to see is that Erdrick is going to be cartoonishly small, but he'll still retain the Goku-esque face. The issue isn't really chibi Erdrick versus adult Erdrick, but how small or large Erdrick is going to be conceptually drawn. I've already shown that Erdrick can still be smaller than someone like Cloud and still have different gender alts.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think what we're going to see is that Erdrick is going to be cartoonishly small, but he'll still retain the Goku-esque face. The issue isn't really chibi Erdrick versus adult Erdrick, but how small or large Erdrick is going to be conceptually drawn. I've already shown that Erdrick can still be smaller than someone like Cloud and still have different gender alts.
It still doesn't explain the odd stats and floatiness which seem to contradict what was said from most leakers. They said specifically adult Erdrick after all.

D

Deleted member

It still doesn't explain the odd stats and floatiness which seem to contradict what was said from most leakers. They said specifically adult Erdrick after all.
That implies most of those leakers have credibility to begin with.

D

Deleted member

Would that be long ribbons? Did we establish if Geno's ribbons were meant to be hair?

...honestly, long ribbons in back would be pretty cute. And the cape could just be a dress...

Ok, this will never happen, but I wouldn't hate it if it did, lol.
You just gave me an idea on what to draw next.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but have you guys heard the rumor of Ultimate patch 2.0 coming next week? https://twitter.com/SSBUBot/status/1088371138189819904?s=19

I assume it will at least add the rest of Piranha Plant's data. I wonder if we will see any new codenames? Or maybe some changes to Joker or Brave's stats/data?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a datamine of patch 2.0.0 at all, or at least a part of it. I could see stat changes and Mii costumes being leaked, but new codenames probably won't be leaked. After the fiasco from before, I'd imagine they'd keep it top secret for as long as possible, unless some of the deviating dataminers decide to spill the beans.

tl;dr: I wouldn't heckle miners for any info. They're going to be treading very lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom