• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Just trying to make sure people don't rage if Geno doesn't happen
telling people geno might not get in isnt really gonna make the blow any less hard if its true, no offense. i do think its good that youre trying to at least divert the anger away from polar
edit: sorry if that sounded rude. im just trying to say that when you have people that have been here for over decade and his chances look better than ever, him getting denied is sure to cause some kind of uproar. not really something anyone can control

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
And even if Geno isn'y shown off tonight at the VGAs, there is still hope for him.
Noble intentions, and I do appreciate that fact. But we can't really take those sources who doubt Geno at their word. Remember, Square is paranoid about leaks and have given false information in the past. It's not wise to be doubting of his chances and believing random sources, and also is not wise to think he is an absolute lock either.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
And even if Geno isn'y shown off tonight at the VGAs, there is still hope for him.

Noble intentions, and I do appreciate that fact. But we can't really take those sources who doubt Geno at their word. Remember, Square is paranoid about leaks and have given false information in the past. It's not wise to be doubting of his chances and believing random sources, and also is not wise to think he is an absolute lock either.
As long as it isn't a square rep; I still have hope for geno. Can anyone hook me up to a link where I can wait for an announcement?

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Now that we're just 3 hours away from VGAs, I've gotta admit that I couldn't get any Smash info. My source nor anybody else I've contacted has any idea about Smash news at the VGAs.

However, I am potentially sensing something lightyears away.

Camper Liam confirmed

D

Deleted member

As long as it isn't a square rep; I still have hope for geno. Can anyone hook me up to a link where I can wait for an announcement?
Even if a different SE character happens instead, I still wouldn't lose hope in him, no matter how unlikely he would be

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
To be fair, maybe Nintendo learned their lesson from last time and is trying to keep all info about DLC on a need to know basis only? Not expecting all that much at the Game Awards, but I still think the possibility is there. Then again, this is the same Nintendo that decided to reveal how many newcomers were left with the box theory.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
To be fair, maybe Nintendo learned their lesson from last time and is trying to keep all info about DLC on a need to know basis only? Not expecting all that much at the Game Awards, but I still think the possibility is there. Then again, this is the same Nintendo that decided to reveal how many newcomers were left with the box theory.
its also the same nintendo thats trying to sell a 25 dollar dlc preorder with just a mii costume at the moment. i really think theyll release something about dlc soon so they can actually get sales on their pass

domriver

Smash Lord

Keep up hope but don't set yourselves up for disappointment
This- hype responsibly people - if it does happen or if it doesn't.

telling people geno might not get in isnt really gonna make the blow any less hard if its true, no offense. i do think its good that youre trying to at least divert the anger away from polar
edit: sorry if that sounded rude. im just trying to say that when you have people that have been here for over decade and his chances look better than ever, him getting denied is sure to cause some kind of uproar. not really something anyone can control
It didn't sound rude paper roxy paper roxy ( at least to me) i completely understand how you trying to word it. PolarPanda PolarPanda is not to blame for anything nor is Fatmanonice Fatmanonice or anyone else who has helped us with insider information in regards to Geno. We remain hopeful that Nintendo/Sakurai acknowledge the cry for Geno bein in Smash Brothers. With statements from Sakurai and tweets made by Nintendo you really can't help but think jeez he has to be in. Well lets wait and see. :) This is assuming we are getting a DLC announcement tonight lol. If we dont well its a waiting from here on out but at least we shall have ULTIMATE to pass the time. :D

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Rumors aren't sounding good for Geno so brace to see what happens.

They could surprise us, but who knows
I won't rage if it's not Geno unless the Square character they go with is particularly bad. I'll be disappointed if it's not Geno, or if it's a Square character other than Crono or Erdrick, sure. There's not a lot of Square characters I particularly like, but I can't think of any that would outright enrage me. Maybe Lara Croft... that's Square, right?

Last edited:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
If the Square character isn't Geno, I won't be upset, just a little disappointed, I guess. Crono is neat and all but I don't really like his design and don't think he brings much special to the table. Frog would be nice though!

If it's from Dragon Quest, though...blegh, what a waste.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
As surprising as it is. People have different opinions of what is a must have- :4pacman:
im pretty sure a character who consistently leads polls would be considered more of a must have than an anime swordsman no one asked for until vergeben mentioned them

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
im pretty sure a character who consistently leads polls would be considered more of a must have than an anime swordsman no one asked for until vergeben mentioned them
Once again.
People have **Different opinion**

I believe every characters on that list of Square-Enix characters are a Must have.
You think "anime swordman" isn't.
Some think a puppet doll isn't.
Some think a bunch of weird blue slime isn't.
Some think an edgy guy with a ****ing long sword compensating for his penis isn't.

C'est la vie we all have our view on what is a must have, we're all biased to an extends, and our interpretation of a must have might not be the same for Nintendo.

Remember? They were apparently VERY surprised by the reception of Isaac being an AT.

Yet the smash community keep believing he is a must-have and he always was VERY HIGH on polls.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Once again.
People have **Different opinion**

I believe every characters on that list of Square-Enix characters are a Must have.
You think "anime swordman" isn't.
Some think a puppet doll isn't.
Some think a bunch of weird blue slime isn't.
Some think an edgy guy with a ****ing long sword compensating for his penis isn't.

C'est la vie we all have our view on what is a must have, we're all biased to an extends, and our interpretation of a must have might not be the same for Nintendo.

Remember? They were apparently VERY surprised by the reception of Isaac being an AT.

Yet the smash community keep believing he is a must-have and he always was VERY HIGH on polls.
See the difference here is Sakurai never spoke a word about Isaac while he's spoken out about Geno.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
sakurai acknowledging geno at least puts his fan reception at a higher level of recognition than isaac, but im tired and not in the mood to argue so lets just agree to disagree

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm just going to say it right now guys, if we get a Smash reveal tonight and it's not any of those mentioned Square-Enix characters or Banjo & Kazooie but Steve instead, I'm done! I'm dropping off of speculation for Smash forever.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm just going to say it right now guys, if we get a Smash reveal tonight and it's not any of those mentioned Square-Enix characters or Banjo & Kazooie but Steve instead, I'm done! I'm dropping off of speculation for Smash forever.
yea if we get steve dlc im losing all hope for this dlc cycle

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That would just put Hitagi and Vergeben's claim even more real, meaning that Square-Enix characters is happening and potentially Geno...Why so sad?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
NoJ can **** off if they think DQ is more desrving than Geno honestly
>Nintendo of Japan can **** of if they think the series who's basically a religion in Japan is more deserving than Geno.

Come on. I believe that Geno is VERY likely and will happens thanks to fan demands. But now you're just ****posting on purpose.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i really hope we get a 2nd wave of dlc because every non-polar source about talking about it and what they're saying is reaaally making me think this dlc is going to be godawful.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The game awards are approaching, and while I'm not going to expect any Smash news (who am I kidding, I can resist the hype lol), I'll definitely be holding out for that delicious Geno reveal. Good luck guys

paper roxy

Smash Ace
If that happened that would mean that Treehouse considers these "must-haves"
any of the characters vergeben or hitagi think will get in being considered fan favorites will honestly get me less excited for this dlc than i was for the game the day of the november direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom