• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping the DQ rumors aren't true but I have a feeling they could be.

In that case I probably won't buy a switch right away and go for my original plan of waiting for a cool special edition switch to come out
Wait for the updated switch. It's probably what I'll do if there's no Geno.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
i mean, chrono trigger already has a remake. not much of a reason to remake it twice lol
I don't think they have? Are you maybe thinking of the Secret of Mana remake

Edit: sequel too. I mean you never know

Edit again: meant a sequel besides Chrono Cross. Also it's never been remade, just ported to stuff like PC

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Exactly, They are talking about multiple games, so they could bring back Super Mario RPG AND Chrono Trigger, and maybe even add both of them to Smash. I see Geno first, since Super Mario RPG was on the SNES Classic while Chrono Trigger wasn't, but maybe Geno was just planned first, and then Crono comes later in the pass. This would be really awesome
I feel like I'm the only person that'd prefer literally any other party member in Chrono Trigger than Crono in Smash. I dunno, I've just always felt he was kinda meh compared to the other party members.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm the only person that'd prefer literally any other party member in Chrono Trigger than Crono in Smash. I dunno, I've just always felt he was kinda meh compared to the other party members.
I haven't played Chrono Trigger, but I know Frog is a character. Could he be an echo of Crono, or do they not have much in common?

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I feel you. Frog or the other party members would be pretty interesting

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
i mean, chrono trigger already has a remake. not much of a reason to remake it twice lol
I mean, being on outdated systems is a good enough reason imo.
Plus, it's never truly been remade so much as it has been ported with a few FMV cutscenes added.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Now that we're just 3 hours away from VGAs, I've gotta admit that I couldn't get any Smash info. My source nor anybody else I've contacted has any idea about Smash news at the VGAs.

However, I am potentially sensing something lightyears away.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Been thinking about how excited I am about Squad Strike and was just curious what kind of main teams people plan to run? I have always wondered if Geno fans have similar secondary character interests or if we're all over the place and brought together by our blue boi.

My Ultimate Squad Goals team is Diddy, Geno, and Banjo&K for 3v3. Those are my ride and die guys. Assuming the latter two do not get in I may go Diddy, Mega Man, and *maybe* Incineroar..

My ideal 5v5 would be just a combination of the above: Diddy, Geno, Banjo&K, Mega Man, and Incineroar. Standby characters would be Peach, Jiggs, and DK assuming things don't work out w/ DLC and I can't figure out Incineroar haha

Who is in your ideal/realistic Squad?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Now that we're just 3 hours away from VGAs, I've gotta admit that I couldn't get any Smash info. My source nor anybody else I've contacted has any idea about Smash news at the VGAs.

I wonder how far lightyears away it is that it can go back to it's origins.
KNEW IT! PONG BAR BEING FIRST AT BEING PROMOTED AS THE """ORIGINS""" OF VIDEO GAMES! :drflip: /s

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

D

Deleted member

Been thinking about how excited I am about Squad Strike and was just curious what kind of main teams people plan to run? I have always wondered if Geno fans have similar secondary character interests or if we're all over the place and brought together by our blue boi.

My Ultimate Squad Goals team is Diddy, Geno, and Banjo&K for 3v3. Those are my ride and die guys. Assuming the latter two do not get in I may go Diddy, Mega Man, and *maybe* Incineroar..

My ideal 5v5 would be just a combination of the above: Diddy, Geno, Banjo&K, Mega Man, and Incineroar. Standby characters would be Peach, Jiggs, and DK assuming things don't work out w/ DLC and I can't figure out Incineroar haha

King K Rool, Geno, and Ninten. If no Geno or Ninten, King K Rool, Ike, and Ness :)

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool, Geno, and Ninten. If no Geno or Ninten, King K Rool, Ike, and Ness :)
This is an awesome crew.

I guess a silly follow-up question for this thread would be... Do you think your Squad would get along?

I want to think mine would because two have enjoyed racing together and Diddy and B&K would just be trying to party, but I feel Geno is that dude that's always reminding people about the existential dread of the world and how we need to be more woke (He was ALWAYS reminding everyone about Smithy and the end goal! Haha).

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem 1 was remade twice, three times if you count New Mystery. The original Kingdom Hearts has also had its areas recycled so many times you could argue it’s been remade a lot as well.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Sora/Geno/Cloud, just to make the pun that I'm making a Square-Strike and not a Squad-Strike.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

oh?

D

Deleted member

This is an awesome crew.

I guess a silly follow-up question for this thread would be... Do you think your Squad would get along?

I want to think mine would because two have enjoyed racing together and Diddy and B&K would just be trying to party, but I feel Geno is that dude that's always reminding people about the existential dread of the world and how we need to be more woke.
I think King K Rool and Geno would be a bit iffy with each other, but get along at the end of the day lol. King K Rool would want to steal bananas from DK but Geno keeps warning him about how they need to fix star road. And then Ninten just listens to the hole thing and says "OKEY." This could be where okey from Ness originates from :'D

Last edited by a moderator:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice

Star Fox Grand Prix confirmed!!!1!!1!!!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
You're not alone, lol. Robo would be my most wanted Chrono Trigger rep. He's my favorite character in that game, and has a lot of moves that could echo Geno's. Really, any other party member would be better than Crono...

Ideal: Geno, BK, Bandana Dee(add these for 5 on 5)Lloyd, Shulk.

Realistic: Shulk, Icies, Ness (5 on 5) G&W, Diddy

I'd maybe throw K. Rool on the end of the realistic one instead of Diddy. As of right now, no confirmed newcomers are screaming at me to use them regularly aside from the Kroc.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

TOY STORY CONTENT CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DAY ONE BUZZ AND WOODY MAINS RISE UP

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Sora/Geno/Cloud, just to make the pun that I'm making a Square-Strike and not a Squad-Strike.
To have Geno & Sora...ugh, it hurts my heart to even think about.

IT'D BE SO GUUD

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
As of right now, no confirmed newcomers are screaming at me to use them regularly aside from the Kroc.
Same. Incineroar is my version of your K. Rool. While I love DKC2, I am not really compelled to pick villains. I'll definitely have fun with him (dat Blunderbuss tho), but he's not on the Squad, sadly.

As for Incineroar, he was my Sun &Moon starter and Fire and Dark are my first and second favorite types respectively. I also grew up obsessed with WWF/ECW, so I kind of feel obligated to make him work. Honestly, I rather use a stand alone Charizard, but having Charizard tied to two other completely original characters feels daunting.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rumors aren't sounding good for Geno so brace to see what happens.

They could surprise us, but who knows

MattX20

Smash Hero
Rumors aren't sounding good for Geno so brace to see what happens.

They could surprise us, but who knows
You do realize most of those same rumors are probably from people who took the "don't take Geno comments so seriously" as fact, right?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I don't think they have? Are you maybe thinking of the Secret of Mana remake

Edit: sequel too. I mean you never know

Edit again: meant a sequel besides Chrono Cross. Also it's never been remade, just ported to stuff like PC
i was thinking of the DS remake but that was essentially a glorified port

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
This thread moves so fast that I can't keep up anymore... why is everyone suddenly so down on Geno's chances? Feels like last time I popped in it was all optimism.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
This thread moves so fast that I can't keep up anymore... why is everyone suddenly so down on Geno's chances? Feels like last time I popped in it was all optimism.
it feels like its a constant tug of war between people at least vaguely in the know about geno's chances and usually the optimism of the few who think things look good for geno is the weaker side of the rope

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Thank you PolarPanda, ultra mega cool.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Brock is confirmed!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just trying to make sure people don't rage if Geno doesn't happen

Keep up hope but don't set yourselves up for disappointment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom