• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
The Geno train just doesn't stop till we have a flat out NO from sakurai :D Geno survived the massacre on the final direct. Just really unsure when Sakurai will talk about DLC my guess is as soon as the game releases? hmmm
Let's not forget even if we did get a flat-out no that Sakurai himself spoke similarly about Ridley. If anything we need to keep growing and expanding, and keep the train moving until we get there. The fact that K. Rool and Ridley happened at all should be enough for us to never stop supporting our characters.

Last edited:

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
FIVE.
HUNDRED.
DOLLARS?!
Look someone has all of them including a piranha pot one from super mario rpg. Hmmm.... p.s. this was on a auction website for a while and went up to 1,000. Maybe even 10,000 not sure but around there.
164584704_624.v1541487832.jpg

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace

not particularly about geno, but katalina was basically deconfirmed and vergeben says the minecraft stuff isnt dragon quest builders (which could mean that dragon quest isnt getting anything but thats a biiiiig stretch)

TBone06

Smash Ace

not particularly about geno, but katalina was basically deconfirmed and vergeben says the minecraft stuff isnt dragon quest builders (which could mean that dragon quest isnt getting anything but thats a biiiiig stretch)
Yeah, I'd be careful with that. Not that I think we're getting DQ content, but that is a bit of a stretch. I think what he is saying that it's not DQ, as opposed to DQ is not in the game. Regardless, it's a positive for us.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering, if 3rd party cross promotion is so important, why is this not on the Switch:

I'm not buying a PS4 just to play Rondo of Blood. And really, the only character that really was promoting something during Smash 4 was Corrin, and he's 1st party. You could argue Cloud, but Sakurai stated his reasoning for choosing Cloud was that 1/3 of votes for a Final Fantasy character were for Cloud.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I've been wondering, if 3rd party cross promotion is so important, why is this not on the Switch:

I'm not buying a PS4 just to play Rondo of Blood. And really, the only character that really was promoting something during Smash 4 was Corrin, and he's 1st party. You could argue Cloud, but Sakurai stated his reasoning for choosing Cloud was that 1/3 of votes for a Final Fantasy character were for Cloud.
It’s not on the Switch because it’s not actually a port, it’s just a PSP ROM in an emulator that automatically upscales.

Last edited:

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet

Yeah, I had a hard time buying the notion that a Japan-exclusive character would get priority, at least not until there's a Western version. Also, I do agree with TBone that it doesn't necessarily mean DQ is deconfirmed either, and so far there's one insider I know of who says DQ with conviction, and chances are it's deliberately false info used to root out fake leakers. I still have faith that it's Geno, but we'll see.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Geno is in this weird state of limbo. He's survived the massacre of the last Direct. But his loyal fans are still in the dark about his inclusion. If Geno was going to be the first DLC guy, I wish Sakurai could have announced it in the last Direct like Mewtwo. I feel like he's making us hang on for something.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So there are two possibilities for a Geno reveal if he is the first DLC:
-At VGAs
-January direct (there has been one every year except 2016, albeit some years a mini direct).
Assuming he is the first DLC after Piranha Plant, and going with 5 DLC fighters spread out 12 months (feb 2019 to feb 2020), Geno should be in april or very early may.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Geno is in this weird state of limbo. He's survived the massacre of the last Direct. But his loyal fans are still in the dark about his inclusion. If Geno was going to be the first DLC guy, I wish Sakurai could have announced it in the last Direct like Mewtwo. I feel like he's making us hang on for something.
On one hand, we all saw how that went for Isaac, Shadow, Rex, Spring Man, and Shantae.

On the other hand, however, those characters are all highly requested, and they got specific dedicated screen time in the Direct, even if only a few seconds apiece. Sakurai knows how much Geno has been requested, yet all we got of him was a brief appearance as a token on a screenshot on a menu option, which is incredibly suspect.

Last edited:

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Im thinking of streaming the TGA since its a few hours before launch, if we were to get smash news, that would be optimal, since it would right before we could data mine the game.

also, importantly looking at those smrpg figures, its the only toy i could find with the notch's like a real potted plant and the coloring. PP has always been shown in the green, round mario pipe except for this instance.

Something I think is worth noting, they said 5 new characters, but it doesnt mean no echo's. Echo's might be free, and I was trying to think what would pair with geno and one fits absolutely perfect.

Birdo.

SMRPG boss, echo to yoshi.

She shares the same body structure minus head shape as yoshi, could see egg throw put on side b, Beezo/Snifit as the up b, and remove the armor from dj.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

it made me sad this isn't gonna be on switch. but lucky me I do own a PS4 (got it for The Last Guardian and Bloodborne) so I'm actually playing it now!

I figure we won't hear about DLC for awhile. probably at best February for when the Piranha plant is about to come out. so for now I'm not gonna worry about Geno and instead focus on being happy that my beautiful Belmont boys are gonna be in smash!

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
A thought I had.

Geno is in the game as an icon and potentially a Spirit.

That means Sakurai right now has to have acquired some rights for Geno's inclusion, since we know Square does not do anything out of charity when it comes to this game.

Geno's costume is probably back because they all are, and he avoided the AT massacre that claimed Isaac and Spring Man, another cult character and Nintendo's rising star respectively. Either he's so unimportant (like say his costume didn't sell well and Sakurai overestimated how many people actually are diehard Geno fans) that Sakurai used the likeness they paid for so someone could use him as a multiplayer icon, or there's something bigger coming our way.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
It still hurts that I've waited 22 years, campaigning for this character for like 10+ and he still might miss. I'm not entitled to anything, but I just wish I had some closure.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I honestly don't see why Sakurai would purchase the license to Geno and not have him as a playable character. Geno is a pretty big deal at this point, with the splash screen and everything. Of course anything is possible, but not everything seems ordinary.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai just confirmed Nintendo themselves chose the DLC characters, i'm not sure whether to be worried or excited..

Last edited:

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
If that's so, them I'm pretty scared. Geno's chances without Sakurai bias is pretty small.

NukeA6

Smash Master
thats just saying nintendo picked the characters, not that theyre only nintendo characters
True but it doesn't look like they're all gonna be third party. Of course I could be wrong but this would mean certain characters' chances are now higher than before.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai tweeted out that Nintendo themselves picked the DLC and they just finished choosing.

I wonder if Nintendo would choose Geno.

Also, rumors with people supposedly knowing the DLC prior are probably fake

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
thats just saying nintendo picked the characters, not that theyre only nintendo characters
That's almost as bad.

I dunno about Vergeben lol. Guess we'll see where all of this takes us.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Sakurai said not to spam with character requests.

So I suggest we follow that advice

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it was all chosen by Nintendo Japan or a collab of all Nintendo Companies like NOA and NOE Until they came into an agreement

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i just want sakurai to tell us the dlc characters or at least some of them now that they know who theyll be so we wont have to wait for disappointment if geno isnt in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom