• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice

Dude, just skip school. I'm skipping school! There is no way in hell I'm going to wait even a minute more than I need to. The spoilers will be all over the place! If Geno does make it in, it's like, a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Don't miss it!
i mean, it's basically a family emergency. geno's like a brother to us at this point.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice

Dude, just skip school. I'm skipping school! There is no way in hell I'm going to wait even a minute more than I need to. The spoilers will be all over the place! If Geno does make it in, it's like, a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Don't miss it!
I was thinking that, but I'm already skipping on friday to get the ultimate bundle when it releases since I still don't have a switch, and I care about grades so I don't want to skip anymore then I have to

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
New direct? This might be it everyone, brace yourselves for a very likely Geno reveal...

but if nintendo pulls some **** and gives us 1 character reveal i might be a little sad

TheBeastHimself

It's a 40-minute Direct. How could there not be more than one character reveal?
very true my friend. if grinch leak is real, i guess i can't imagine them revealing 7 characters in one go because they've never done that before. and idk how likely it is that we could get two directs before the game launches but it's definitely possible.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You schoolboys are lucky. I have work to get in the way...

Dan

Smash Lord
Guys, don't skip school; just check your phone or something asap. We waited 20 years for Geno; he can wait an hour for his fans. #UncoolVoiceOfReason

And every Smash Direct usually happens when any functioning member of society is working/at school; I wish they would do them on Saturdays for that reason. At least general Nintendo Directs happen at perfect evening times for Eastern Americans.

I literally cannot remember the last time I caught a Smash Direct live; I think it was Lucas DLC. I tried watching the last one on the toilet at work on ****ty cellular data that I'm not even allowed to use... so many implications. Worst part is I'm off Friday... one ****ing day.

Live reactions are overrated by the way; **** needs to carry itself on its own merit. I'm done stopping the world for Smash.

New direct? This might be it everyone, brace yourselves for a very likely Geno reveal...

but if nintendo pulls some **** and gives us 1 character reveal i might be a little sad
It's 40 min; definitely more than one character, and I'll be surprised if the Grinch leak is neither confirmed nor denied. I will lol if it's only Skull Kid and the leak remains untethered since people kinda see him.

Dan

Smash Lord
But yeah, I'm always watching the clock and get frustrated about Etika and all the people watching it who seemingly have no responsibilities.

TheBeastHimself

It's 40 min; definitely more than one character, and I'll be surprised if the Grinch leak is neither confirmed nor denied. I will lol if it's only Skull Kid and the leak remains untethered since people kinda see him.
"Because of the content that was recently leaked online, the remaining new challengers for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate have each been cut and replaced to keep the surprises going. We hope you enjoy playing as Minecraft Steve, Minecraft Creeper, Bubsy Bobcat, Baldi, Freddy Fazbear, Fortnite Soldier, and Reggie when the game launches this December." - Definitely Masahiro Sakurai

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Let me go on the record as fully endorsing you all skip school for the direct. I promise the stuff you miss won't matter

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that November 1st will finally be our day?

I've been waiting for this since Brawl speculation days. I'm not sure what to expect :_(

Dan

Smash Lord
"Because of the content that was recently leaked online, the remaining new challengers for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate have each been cut and replaced to keep the surprises going. We hope you enjoy playing as Minecraft Steve, Minecraft Creeper, Bubsy Bobcat, Baldi, Freddy Fazbear, Fortnite Soldier, and Reggie when the game launches this December." - Definitely Masahiro Sakurai
They're capable of putting ****ty characters in the game that aren't trolls; they've done it before.

Let me go on the record as fully endorsing you all skip school for the direct. I promise the stuff you miss won't matter
lol... as if! I think Geno would want the kids to go to school, sir.

Do you guys think that November 1st will finally be our day?

I've been waiting for this since Brawl speculation days. I'm not sure what to expect :_(
All we need is an asap confirmation that Grinch is real... I teased it would start with a Skull Kid reveal as he could be in the banner, as a way to **** with the fans (neither confirming nor denying Grinch).

Icyllya

Smash Rookie
Wow it’s been a long time coming for me to post here, too long. I’ve finally decided to get a Smashboards account just to join the discussion for this certain puppet that I’ve come to love after lurking around a bit. Consider me a Genobro, or Genbro, whatever it’s called, I’m fully on board for him! Can’t wait to see the next Direct!!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yes I will.

I'll also probly put up a video tomorrow with some final before-direct thoughts and announce ill stream it.

warning though I'm not set up super well for streaming, i have gotten a new "streaming webcam" since the last direct i streamed BUT I will also film myself with my normal camera at the same time and i'll use that footage to put up a reaction video at some point after the direct, so if you want to watch the direct somewhere that can promise a better quality experience by all means do that and you can still watch my geno reaction, if that happens, a little while afterwards.
Oh man...I want to watch and celebrate, but I was also hoping to be on a voice chat or discord or something with the thread...basically, I want to experience this with ALL my Genobros! How can I achieve this? And is anyone else planning to be on live as well?

I don't even HAVE school. The only thing standing in my way is getting up early.
I'm going to be up from the night before, lol. My schedule is weird (I work nights,) but it has its perks. It helps that I was off on that day anyway.:p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh man...I want to watch and celebrate, but I was also hoping to be on a voice chat or discord or something with the thread...basically, I want to experience this with ALL my Genobros! How can I achieve this? And is anyone else planning to be on live as well?
The Star Road Discord exists, and will definitely be filled with excited Geno fans from this thread and elsewhere come Thursday. Come and join us!

EDIT:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437069772

/v/ is claiming that people on ResetERA are saying that Geno is an Assist Trophy

Does anyone have a source for that?
Yeah, no. Sakurai would not let Geno be an AT under any circumstances. The man himself said he wanted him to be playable in Brawl and Smash 4 and thought he was a perfect fit for Smash, why would he change his mind now and decide he's only deserving of an assist role?
These people sound like they're just trying to spoil other people's fun, as folks on /v/ and ResetERA tend to do.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Take anything from /v/ and ResetEra with a mound of salt. One trolls too much and the other is just anti-fun.
I'm not familiar with ResetEra, but I know that about 4chan. I've heard enough people say Resetera is unreliable though.
I choose to believe they're just trolling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone that's a member of ResetERA is saying that the person on /v/ is just trolling

Probably why he didn't have a link or picture of a source.

Dan

Smash Lord
Me @ a Geno AT:

... yeah, just pretend Sakurai is Obama.

Papa has a discord https://discord.gg/P3jpVUh

wait a minute, is the direct on Thursday at 7am Eastern or Pacific?
Pacific.

cybersai

Smash Ace
There are insiders saying some characters on the leak are Assist trophies, but I'd assume it would be Chorus Kids or Mach Rider, or Shadow staying as an Assist, then anything.

Dan

Smash Lord
There are insiders saying some characters on the leak are Assist trophies, but I'd assume it would be Chorus Kids or Mach Rider, or Shadow staying as an Assist, then anything.
Shadow's gotta be an Echo; this would be cruel.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct.

Let's go come on down.

Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey Geno fans, I came from the Isaac forum to wish you guys some luck. I never played Super Mario RPG, but Geno looks like
an interesting character. I would like to support Geno, even if the leak most likely says that he's already in.

TheBeastHimself

Someone that's a member of ResetERA is saying that the person on /v/ is just trolling

Probably why he didn't have a link or picture of a source.
Okay I just wanted to say that I believe there are people out there who know insiders and can get information. That's why I believe peeps like papageno and billy. But how do so many people have insiders, and can easily get access to classified info? I'm sorry but there is no way that this many people have info about Smash Ultimate, it's like Sakurai said "I want everyone to pinky promise that you won't say anything". No, they sign contracts and stuff to keep people from letting spoilers out. Unless there's just a ton of people at Nintendo who don't mind risking their job.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gamexplain's latest video had them believing that Geno wouldn't be in the game

They are saying maybe for DLC

Although 1 of them still thinks Geno could be in base

Hopefully this "John" is a false prophet

Last edited:

NeerTheEngi

Smash Rookie
I've lurking around the ResetERA smash thread pretty much all day and I can say that the "Geno = assist" issue was overblown. Basicly, Emily Rogers posted that multiple characters in the grinch banner are actually ATs and everyone jumped the gun and started suggesting Geno and Isaac are the most likely to be assists, however once MysticDistance posted that he was confident that both Isaac and Geno are in the game everyone did a huge 180 and both characters are actually seen as likely to be added now.

I hope that cleared up some confusion. Stay hyped guys!
also hey i'm new here.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
It certainly has been a long time since I posted here. My life has changed a lot since the SSB4 days and haven't been able to keep track with anything smash related. But I recently heard about all these leaks and stuff getting around and I remembered the good old days in here. I see I am even in the legacy supporters! What a great touch to keep track of us who have been away but still will be very happy to see if our great starsend savior get's in at last. All the best to us all and may Thursday bring good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom