• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
View attachment 173638

Get your support on people. It's almost time!
Guys! I just saw it! OMG!!! I literally squealed!!! Need appropriate meme.......
tenor.gif

And it's 40 minutes. Aaaaaaahhhhhh...this is it! There's at least more than one character!!

Well, I know one thing for sure: my Halloween is now ruined. Because I will be too freaking distracted.

Let's go, Genobros! It's time for this wish to fall to earth!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys! I just saw it! OMG!!! I literally squealed!!! Need appropriate meme.......
View attachment 173727
And it's 40 minutes. Aaaaaaahhhhhh...this is it! There's at least more than one character!!

Well, I know one thing for sure: my Halloween is now ruined. Because I will be too freaking distracted.

Let's go, Genobros! It's time for this wish to fall to earth!!
Huh for some reason it says that you quoted my post in this thread even though I've never posted in this thread... Smashboards are you drunk? Lol

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

From a Shadow The Hedgehog supporter, best of luck to all of you Geno fans. I may be a Mario fan, but I never played ''Super Mario RPG'', so I unfortunately do not know much about the character. However, based on all of the past evidence and the amount of fan support behind him, I think he will be in it this time around. GOOD LUCK GENO FANS! :)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Huh for some reason it says that you quoted my post in this thread even though I've never posted in this thread... Smashboards are you drunk? Lol
Sorry! That was a leftover quote I never used from the main thread that I deleted in an edit right after. Was too hype to notice it until after, lol.

Apologies!

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Do we know if the direct link on nintendo’s Website will still be playing when the treehouse starts?

I don’t want to have to wait until the treehouse segment is done to watch it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll do one final update to the supporters on Wednesday so make sure to like the OP

It'll be the final list before Geno is in

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the Final Direct before release, I made an account so I could show support for the characters I want.

While I've never played SMRPG, I've thought Geno should have been in Smash since Brawl. He has a good design, a good concept, and seems like a really cool character. SMRPG is on a list of games that I will play, but I need to actually get the game. I have a good friend that has explained a lot of what Geno can do and it makes me more excited for the possibility of him being in Smash (finally).

Here's hoping Geno makes it in, this time!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All right, looks like it's the final countdown.

I've never played Super Mario RPG. I barely know anything about Geno, other than that he's a puppet who comes to life, a party member, has something to do with wishes, and has a sick laser cannon arm.

Despite being almost completely ignorant, I still for some reason really like the character, and right now he's the main character out of all the remaining reasonable/expected candidates that I want in. And I consider him likely.

I know what it's like to have a character that's unlikely to get into the game. Well, maybe not quite. Dark Samus actually had way less going for her than Geno does, including a way smaller support base (the Dark Samus thread didn't even have 4 pages before her announcement), so I'm one lucky *******. But Dark Samus has also been dead for a long time, only appearing in Brawl as a trophy and Smash 4 as an Assist Trophy between Metroid Prime 3 and Ultimate, and wasn't likely due to being a Metroid character, and Geno's been "dead" for a while, too, outside of his appearance in Smash 4 as a costume.

But Sakurai's wanted him for a while, knows a lot of other people want him, and the Mii costume was clearly a consolation since they were doing Cloud at the time and he was the bigger get. The Mii costume even got its own little trailer and splash screen, which no other Mii costume got. So I'm confident that now's the time, since they're still working with Square Enix. And it'll be a poetic end to the pre-launch Ultimate train, with what I've considered the three big dreams coming true: Ridley, K. Rool, and Geno.

So add me to the supporters list, even if I barely know anything about the character. If he does get announced though, I'll do a playthrough of the game, pronto.

Godspeed, ladies and gentleman. I'm rooting for ya. Here's wishing we all get to celebrate this Thursday.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I've never played Super Mario RPG. I barely know anything about Geno, other than that he's a puppet who comes to life, a party member, has something to do with wishes, and has a sick laser cannon arm.
Honestly? All you need to know, brother.:laugh: That's Geno in a nutshell. And also why he's awesome.

Thanks for your support!

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
It’s weird having this much optimism before the last direct for our Star Doll. I’ve had a very rough week and I need this one wish to be granted on Thursday to ease the heaviness of life.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
It’s weird having this much optimism before the last direct for our Star Doll. I’ve had a very rough week and I need this one wish to be granted on Thursday to ease the heaviness of life.
I know the feeling. I've been a supporter for 12 years now. I remember brawl pre release, Smash 4 pre release and now Ultimate. I can't even begin to describe how euphoric this will be if it turns out true.

J355315R4D

Smash Rookie
I'm here to give Geno my energy. I sincerely hope he makes it into the game. I've wanted him in since melee.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm sure he's in. Sakurai got the rights to use him back in 2015 for the Mii outfit. He's playable, guys, don't worry.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Something for ya'll from Chorus Boys-thread:

I have to yet really get to know Geno since being a long-time Toad-supporter, but I've been hearing a lot about your long waiting and campaigning for quite a while now.

Hopefully your long-awaited wish comes true around Thursday.

Lol. I'm laughing at this harder than I should be.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Loving the optimism going around! Even ignoring the Grinch leak, I, too, think the final Smash Ultimate Direct is the place for Geno to be revealed. Considering all the evidence that's stacking up in our favor... I think now's finally our time.
This is it, Geno gang! Our starboi is almost home!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, this is it.

He's in. I'm SURE of it.

Grinch or no Grinch, Geno has more going for him than any other third party right now, let alone characters in general. It just makes too much sense.

Screw that "hype responsibly" crap, GET HYPE. If by some rotten stroke of luck he's not in, then just don't let it be the end. Go out knowing you had fun, and that he still has PLENTY of time to get in.

But that's not going to be an issue. You know why? Because he's going to make it.

And if not, I blame Square, not Sakurai.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This is our time! this is our chance! We are charging head long and Geno blasting our way through smash's gates!!
If the Grinch leak is real we are in there! If it is fake We are still in there!!! No one is standing in our way!!!

The rest of the cast better watch out because the higher authority said to KNOCK THEM OUT!!!!

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This thread is gonna be the first place I come to when the presentation is over. Because I know it's gonna be exploding with joy! It's gonna be so amazing and ecstatic! I'm also really hoping Geno gets a CGI trailer because he'd look SO GOOD in that!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I wonder what kind of post-Direct Grinch memes will be produced whether it proves true or false.

I still think this was the most exciting speculation cycle due to those images of Geno and the Grinch lol.

Klimax

Smash Ace
It has to be the end of our long road. It's been 10 years for me but I know that many people are waiting since much longer.

A side character of a 22 years old game is now one of the most likely character to be one of the last newcomers for Smash Ultimate. That's crazy to see how dedicated fans can make things change (we already saw that with King K Rool).

I'm still confident in Geno's chances, as I said countless times, he has too much going for him, it wouldn't make any sense to not have him in the game. Grinch leak or not, it doesn't change anything, in my opinion, Geno is in the game and the 1st day of November will be the day that celebrates the return of Geno, after 22 years.

I can't wait to see that Smash Direct, it's going to be amazing.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Wait a SMASH ULTIMATE DIRECT??? It's time Geno bros, i think the stars are Finally aligning after all the pain brawl, smash wiiu/3ds, and haters put us through. :)

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I can't believe we might get Geno for real. Mallow better be a Assist Trophy too.

Sakurai don't disapoint please :)
hehe

So hyped for Thursday.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
The only reason Geno is as likely as he is, is because of all our efforts as a fan base. I know many of us have made many wishes over the last decade for him to be included and finally on Thursday we may see the payoff. I don’t remember the username I had during the Brawl era, but I was here and pulling for Geno ever since Third Party content became a possibility.

We had to work harder than most fan bases do to make this happen. You all should be proud of what we’re about to witness.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Concerning the Ultimate direct.

Sakurai DOESN'T NEED to showcase the characters immediatly for one simple reason : We got a treehouse live right after.

Remember, he didn't fully showcased Inkling, Ridley, and other veterans that were coming back, during E3. They talked about them , and were showcased in the treehouse live.

So don't bother figuring out how much time we need for newcomers reveal. Geno and all the others are in.

I'm so happy that we are probably going to get such a dream roster, with characters that I love, especially Geno , since the Mario RPGs and his game reminded me why I deeply love video games.

*GENO FLASH!*

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
papagenos papagenos are you going to do a live stream of this final direct? Since we are really anticipating Geno to be in it? :D
Yes I will.

I'll also probly put up a video tomorrow with some final before-direct thoughts and announce ill stream it.

warning though I'm not set up super well for streaming, i have gotten a new "streaming webcam" since the last direct i streamed BUT I will also film myself with my normal camera at the same time and i'll use that footage to put up a reaction video at some point after the direct, so if you want to watch the direct somewhere that can promise a better quality experience by all means do that and you can still watch my geno reaction, if that happens, a little while afterwards.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Yes I will.

I'll also probly put up a video tomorrow with some final before-direct thoughts and announce ill stream it.

warning though I'm not set up super well for streaming, i have gotten a new "streaming webcam" since the last direct i streamed BUT I will also film myself with my normal camera at the same time and i'll use that footage to put up a reaction video at some point after the direct, so if you want to watch the direct somewhere that can promise a better quality experience by all means do that and you can still watch my geno reaction, if that happens, a little while afterwards.
Can't wait to watch it!!

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Ooooooohhhhh! Just got back from work to hear about the new smash direct! 40 minutes of smash content! This is our boy Geno's chance!
(oh **** right, I have school :()

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Remember Geno also has Sakurai bias on his side. Sakurai wanted to include him since Brawl. Sakurai bias is why we have 7 Fire Emblem reps on the roster.

What Sakurai bias wants, Sakurai bias gets.

TBone06

Smash Ace
After reflecting on the day, I think we have a very good shot. With 40 minutes of info, we very well could get another five characters. Even if the Grinch leak isn't real (which I think it could go either way) I think there is enough evidence for Geno to be revealed. I can see him being revealed in a similar way that Simon got revealed in August. I definitely can see them revealing more than just one character. I mean in a perfect world, I'd love to see the Grinch leak being real, but I will be happy if Geno gets in regardless of who else gets in (although, I'm REALLLLLY rooting for Isaac as well, hoping he ends the show the way K. Rool did).

I posted this way back around E3, but now our group has grown. This was a picture I drew after Smash 64. I was maybe 9 or 10 years old. I definitely wasn't artistically inclined then (or now). Clearly, he's meant a lot to me for over half my life. Here's hoping our wishes come true. May the odds be in our favour! Hopefully Sakurai comes through for us.

Attachments

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
Remember Geno also has Sakurai bias on his side. Sakurai wanted to include him since Brawl. Sakurai bias is why we have 7 Fire Emblem reps on the roster.

What Sakurai bias wants, Sakurai bias gets.
Sakurbias. ;)

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Ooooooohhhhh! Just got back from work to hear about the new smash direct! 40 minutes of smash content! This is our boy Geno's chance!
(oh **** right, I have school :()

Dude, just skip school. I'm skipping school! There is no way in hell I'm going to wait even a minute more than I need to. The spoilers will be all over the place! If Geno does make it in, it's like, a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Don't miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom