• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I love when the people behind these come forward to share their process and other details. Their mission was certainly successful, the faux leak did keep things lively for quite a long time both on and off the forums. Sort of glad it's not real, though, I feel Sakurai and co. could do more to make Geno's model look even flashier without being excessive.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
GameFaqs sure is annoying.

Even on that guy's thread, can't go anywhere without at least a couple of people insulting Geno and the character's fans, or at least using a lame excuse for why he's popular like "bandwagon" as if that lowers his chances.

This same thing seems apparent with Skull Kid and probably some others I've missed.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well it does seem most likely fake, from what was posted there.

I just dont get how he can be all non-chalant about it as if it's ok to make up fake leaks and deceive people. Even if it got people talking, it still makes you a kind of asshole for doing something like that.

It does look like a good model tho, so just as character art, it's cool. If he'd post it as art, then people could still talk about it and possible Geno modeling.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Well it does seem most likely fake, from what was posted there.

I just dont get how he can be all non-chalant about it as if it's ok to make up fake leaks and deceive people. Even if it got people talking, it still makes you a kind of ******* for doing something like that.

It does look like a good model tho, so just as character art, it's cool. If he'd post it as art, then people could still talk about it and possible Geno modeling.
I second this, I can't stand when people do that. I understand it gets people talking, but it does no good in my opinion. I'm not for one getting people's hopes up and pulling the rug from under them. Maybe I'm too sensitive to these types of things, but sometimes I just wish people would not do that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This smash speculation has been the worst for fake leaks

I blame omni

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The time has come leaks are starting

It’s definately 100% gold now

First up is this song rathalos theme

And it’s slightly different from the original more higher quality than the original monster hunter song

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The time has come leaks are starting

It’s definately 100% gold now

First up is this song rathalos theme

And it’s slightly different from the original more higher quality than the original monster hunter song
Well, depending on where this came from, we need more info.

Also, if people are going to start claiming stuff just because of this idea, we really need actual proof for things, not just text claims.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, depending on where this came from, we need more info.

Also, if people are going to start claiming stuff just because of this idea, we really need actual proof for things, not just text claims.
Crunchii posted it

The guy who posted the menu theme

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasnt the menu theme offered by nintendo though?
I mean, I heard a few things, but it's hard to tell exactly what's coming from where.
I guess this was too since it's the same guy

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It's likely Nintendo shared several music tracks that Crunchii's friend chose to acquire. (At least I think that's how it happened according to Pushdustin.

By the way, don't give up hope on Geno. That just means we have no proof Geno is in and when he does show.. BAM! Hype! Hoenstly, whats the possibility of a package deal from Square, Geno along with whoever Square wants to push?

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745

Even on that guy's thread, can't go anywhere without at least a couple of people insulting Geno and the character's fans, or at least using a lame excuse for why he's popular like "bandwagon" as if that lowers his chances.

This same thing seems apparent with Skull Kid and probably some others I've missed.
Dude, you have no idea. Just saying you like a character is enough for them to point and laugh at you. Geno especially has been getting noticeable hate from them as of late. I was there during the Brawl days, and it wasn't this bad.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's likely Nintendo shared several music tracks that Crunchii's friend chose to acquire. (At least I think that's how it happened according to Pushdustin.

By the way, don't give up hope on Geno. That just means we have no proof Geno is in and when he does show.. BAM! Hype! Hoenstly, whats the possibility of a package deal from Square, Geno along with whoever Square wants to push?
It would be a bit funny if the only thing that would up being leaked was the rest of the soundtrack.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The point is with Churchii did it twice so far

I think it’s a safe bet now that it’s gold now

It won’t be churchii to leak it he’s getting permission to do music I’m saying some other leaker who’s on the dark side might snag one and work on unlocking everyone then post it after he/she is done.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok. Then it seems allowed. In his menu theme description he said "Short Loop since we're not allowed to upload the full song yet "
So he doesnt seem to be a straight leaker or whatever.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok. Then it seems allowed. In his menu theme description he said "Short Loop since we're not allowed to upload the full song yet "
So he doesnt seem to be a straight leaker or whatever.
More like a faucet that's purposely turned on enough to drip as opposed to leaking

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Well now I feel incredibly dumb for saying "yep, this leak has solid ground" a couple pages ago, lol. That's just how it be on this cruel ***** of a speculation cycle, I guess. Still holding out hope, even if it seems kind of unlikelier now.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

It’s even worse on other social media sites like FB and Twitter, it’s like a cesspool of hate for Geno and Geno’s fans. :ohwell:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
It’s even worse on other social media sites like FB and Twitter, it’s like a cesspool of hate for Geno and Geno’s fans. :ohwell:
There will always be people to hate on things, and the Smash speculation scene is'nt an exception.

It's stupid to hate a character and their supporter, even if you don't like them in my opinion. I do agree that some supporters can go too far and can be considered annoying. People hate on characters so they supporters stop to support them, so they won't be in the game.
It's sad, really, but that's a reality.

The best you can do is to ignore/block them, don't give them attention, and they'll stop eventually, they'll find something else to do.

I've always see Smash Bros as a big family. This family is both the characters, their creators, and their fans/players. Haters don't deserve a place in this family.

And let's be serious, people hating on Geno, Incineroar, Ken, ect... Don't even realize that it won't change anything lol

D

Deleted member

Well the Geno leak has been debunked.

Oh well still have hope for him.

Least it was something.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

They hate a lot of popular characters, but they especially hate Shantae calling her waifu trash and saying her fans are only interested in her because of hentai. There was even a poll on there where they voted on what popular character they wanted to see get deconfirmed the most and Shantae won by a landslide. It's crazy and insane how much they hate Shantae and her fans.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Vergeben: There's a new Square Enix character in Smash

Geno fans: It's finally Geno's time!!!!!!!!

Sora fans: OMG DISNEY LET SORA IN!!!!!!!!

Reality: Crono joins the battle!... If that were to happen that would probably be one of the most unexpected things to happen in Smash lol.

Oh and I had a question for my fellow Geno fans: If Geno doesn't make it in, or as a DLC character this time around, will the Geno fanbase regroup once more if another Smash game is announced? Or is this more of a last try to get him in? I know a lot of you here have been rooting for Geno since the Brawl days and that's been a long time, so I feel like if Geno isn't announced this game, it would pretty much destroy any hope left of Geno ever joining Smash... :(

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Reality: Crono joins the battle!... If that were to happen that would probably be one of the most unexpected things to happen in Smash lol.

Oh and I had a question for my fellow Geno fans: If Geno doesn't make it in, or as a DLC character this time around, will the Geno fanbase regroup once more if another Smash game is announced? Or is this more of a last try to get him in? I know a lot of you here have been rooting for Geno since the Brawl days and that's been a long time, so I feel like if Geno isn't announced this game, it would pretty much destroy any hope left of Geno ever joining Smash... :(
If geno's not in, we'll just have to rally for next time.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

Eh, K. Rool fans said that about 4, and look where our pirate king is now. Geno's popularity won't shine through if we waver if and when we're hit with more disappointment. We'd just have to keep reminding Nintedo that Geno is a popular character until someone pays attention.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't give it the time of day. It's not worth wasting your mental energy over.

Anyway, with Vergeben stating a Square Enix rep is coming I'd imagine you'll be the ones laughing before too long.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
I thought about this before, and was gonna post, but I was afraid it'd look like a tinfoil theory, though I think it's very plausible.

I'm just concerned about two things:

1. It being on the same thread as the Dixie & Banjo leak. That image just screamed fake to me, with Banjo's lifeless robot walk and his sausage fingers, however that doesn't mean the Geno image was from the same guy, even if the guy mentioned Geno when he posted the Dixie & Banjo image. Even if it was the same guy, it's possible he had a legitimate image of Geno, and to be honest, this Geno render looks to be of a much higher quality and seems to fit in Ultimate much better than the Dixie and Banjo; you can even notice a fine wood texture, not as harsh nor as simple/plastic as the fan-created renders
  2. I'm not sure where Geno would be in the game. If it's Tortimer's Island, it's lacking the clouds in the background, so it has to be either be an early version, another stage with an ocean, a menu screen, or his reveal trailer, as it doesn't match the player 2 background

To me it looks like it could be from an animation, so perhaps his reveal trailer, if that's not the standard render itself.
Don't worry the first time i saw it on 4chan it was a Geno pic by itself it has nothing to do with that banjo leak which is clearly fake. Entirely different leaks.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace

Gamefaqs = toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom