• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeRelease

Smash Rookie
Considering Geno also got a mii costume... it's pretty likely that at least in some fashion Sakurai has had him on his mind. Considering him for brawl, and then seemingly considering him for the wii U enough to give him a cameo that is right next to playable.

Maybe he really has a shot.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Okay ladies and gents.. coming back from an EXTREMELY lengthy absence. It's awesome to see some of the old timers still supporting the cause. I've been wanting to share my thoughts as some others have done. Some of this will piggyback some of what Geno Boost Geno Boost said a couple of posts back. A lot of this will be things already said, but I still would like to share my thoughts in one post, especially since I've been absent for quite sometime and I'm looking forward to getting back into it as I'm clearly very hyped for this game.

Obviously like many others, I was pretty devastated when he didn't make an appearance in Brawl. I won't lie, once he wasn't in, I had kind of lost hope for him. In Smash 4, he was obviously still my most requested character, but I truly felt Brawl was his best shot. My thinking was if he wasn't in then, it wasn't meant to be. That being said, I was still hopeful in Smash 4. Then we got a glimpse of hope. Cloud being included in the game, meaning Square and Nintendo were willing to work together. Not only that, we got our first mention of Geno in a game as a Mii Costume. I won't lie, it was such a bittersweet moment. Knowing he was so close, but yet so far.

So my thoughts on why I think his chances are good:
- Geno getting a Mii Costume. At the point of Cloud's inclusion, there was no way that Square was going to get two characters. It's also safe to say that there was no way Geno was going to get in before a Final Fantasy character. So the fact that he was included as a costume is huge in my opinion. Not only that, but like Geno Boost said, he was the only costume to get the splash screen. I think this is relevant. We already know that Inkling got the call up from costume to playable character, so I think it could happen again.
- It appears that Sakurai has shown he has used the Brawl polls/journal entries as a guideline to who he picks. Out of the 22 characters that were mentioned more than once, we have already seen nine of them confirmed as playable characters since Brawl and another six as AT's (although Isaac has not been confirmed as an AT this time around and I'd be very happy to see him added as a playable character as well). Since Ridley has been confirmed, Geno is the only one mentioned more than twice that hasn't been included in the game as either a playable character or AC. Again, I believe this is relevant. The list is shown below.
- Geno's maintained popularity, despite being playable in only one game. Many other characters that are in similar situations fade in popularity, but he still has a huge following.
- Sakurai has acknowledged the fact he wanted him in Brawl and Smash 4. Now that Square is clearly on board yet again, I don't think it's a stretch to add another Square character, especially since he originated from a Mario game.
- Sakurai including Ridley and Daisy (on top of every other playable character to date) shows he is doing what the fans are looking for. Aside from K. Rool, I don't think there is anyone who was on the same level as Ridley dating back to the Brawl era, who hasn't been included or deconfirmed.
- I also found the tweet by Nintendo of America very interesting as it was out of left field for them. Most people replied on that with Team Geno. Again, I think that shows the popularity is still there.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4) CONFIRMED!
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3) AT
Takamaru(3) AT
Windwaker Link(3) CONFIRMED!
Animal Crossing MC(2) - CONFIRMED!
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2) AT
Jeff(2) AT
Kawasima(2) AT
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2) CONFIRMED!
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2) AT

I truly believe he has a good chance. Had he never received the costume, I would think very differently, but the fact that he did shows he has not been forgotten.

Lastly, I moved a year ago and I came across a box of old stuff. I found a picture of a new character select screen I made right after the first Smash game came out. I must have been nine or ten years old. I apologize for the frightening trace job I did, but again... I was probably only nine or ten. I've probably never shown this to anyone, but I'm sharing with everyone because I think it's a good omen.. especially since I got a few other ones right on there too!

Whatever happens, is out of our control, but I believe the time is now. I don't think his chances have ever been better. I'll continue to support as I did during Brawl and Smash 4. Looking forward to the journey! It'll be a long six months, but I'm optimistic. If you're still reading, thank you for taking the time.

Untitled.png

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Okay ladies and gents.. coming back from an EXTREMELY lengthy absence. It's awesome to see some of the old timers still supporting the cause. I've been wanting to share my thoughts as some others have done. Some of this will piggyback some of what Geno Boost Geno Boost said a couple of posts back. A lot of this will be things already said, but I still would like to share my thoughts in one post, especially since I've been absent for quite sometime and I'm looking forward to getting back into it as I'm clearly very hyped for this game.

Obviously like many others, I was pretty devastated when he didn't make an appearance in Brawl. I won't lie, once he wasn't in, I had kind of lost hope for him. In Smash 4, he was obviously still my most requested character, but I truly felt Brawl was his best shot. My thinking was if he wasn't in then, it wasn't meant to be. That being said, I was still hopeful in Smash 4. Then we got a glimpse of hope. Cloud being included in the game, meaning Square and Nintendo were willing to work together. Not only that, we got our first mention of Geno in a game as a Mii Costume. I won't lie, it was such a bittersweet moment. Knowing he was so close, but yet so far.

So my thoughts on why I think his chances are good:
- Geno getting a Mii Costume. At the point of Cloud's inclusion, there was no way that Square was going to get two characters. It's also safe to say that there was no way Geno was going to get in before a Final Fantasy character. So the fact that he was included as a costume is huge in my opinion. Not only that, but like Geno Boost said, he was the only costume to get the splash screen. I think this is relevant. We already know that Inkling got the call up from costume to playable character, so I think it could happen again.
- It appears that Sakurai has shown he has used the Brawl polls/journal entries as a guideline to who he picks. Out of the 22 characters that were mentioned more than once, we have already seen nine of them confirmed as playable characters since Brawl and another six as AT's (although Isaac has not been confirmed as an AT this time around and I'd be very happy to see him added as a playable character as well). Since Ridley has been confirmed, Geno is the only one mentioned more than twice that hasn't been included in the game as either a playable character or AC. Again, I believe this is relevant. The list is shown below.
- Geno's maintained popularity, despite being playable in only one game. Many other characters that are in similar situations fade in popularity, but he still has a huge following.
- Sakurai has acknowledged the fact he wanted him in Brawl and Smash 4. Now that Square is clearly on board yet again, I don't think it's a stretch to add another Square character, especially since he originated from a Mario game.
- Sakurai including Ridley and Daisy (on top of every other playable character to date) shows he is doing what the fans are looking for. Aside from K. Rool, I don't think there is anyone who was on the same level as Ridley dating back to the Brawl era, who hasn't been included or deconfirmed.
- I also found the tweet by Nintendo of America very interesting as it was out of left field for them. Most people replied on that with Team Geno. Again, I think that shows the popularity is still there.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4) CONFIRMED!
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3) AT
Takamaru(3) AT
Windwaker Link(3) CONFIRMED!
Animal Crossing MC(2) - CONFIRMED!
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2) AT
Jeff(2) AT
Kawasima(2) AT
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2) CONFIRMED!
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2) AT

I truly believe he has a good chance. Had he never received the costume, I would think very differently, but the fact that he did shows he has not been forgotten.

Lastly, I moved a year ago and I came across a box of old stuff. I found a picture of a new character select screen I made right after the first Smash game came out. I must have been nine or ten years old. I apologize for the frightening trace job I did, but again... I was probably only nine or ten. I've probably never shown this to anyone, but I'm sharing with everyone because I think it's a good omen.. especially since I got a few other ones right on there too!

Whatever happens, is out of our control, but I believe the time is now. I don't think his chances have ever been better. I'll continue to support as I did during Brawl and Smash 4. Looking forward to the journey! It'll be a long six months, but I'm optimistic. If you're still reading, thank you for taking the time.

View attachment 148672
It's so cool to hear other fans share their memories of Geno/Mario RPG and show their fondness of it.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I remember being a kid playing Mario RPG and I always thought Geno was a really cool character, and in a way I always wanted him for Smash Bros but never as much as other characters. There was always another fighter in my top picks ahead of him, like Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, or Waluigi.

With Waluigi banished and Ridley in the game however, it's proud to say that my number one picks for Ultimate are the classic SNES pair of K. Rool and Geno.

And honestly with the way announcements have been going, it's really looking good for both of them! It honestly wouldn't feel truly ultimate if neither of them got in. I do think that Bowser music means something, and it's worth mentioning for the Brawl journal list that Claus got fighter representation through his Lucas colors all the way back in Brawl so that's one more character he's added something for.

☆ It's time for that victory music to play, the battle's gone on long enough. ☆

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I might be reading into it too much, but I do think calling the game "Smash bros Ultimate" is also a good sign. It shows us Sakurai's head space a little bit. He wants this to be the ultimate Smash Bros. game, and he's going all out. He brought back every veteran. He confirmed Ridley, one of the most requested characters in Smash history. Even Daisy shows us that he wants to please the fans now more than ever. He wants us to think this is the ultimate Smash Bros. game too, and we know he knows that the fans want Geno. I am certain making that happen for us is a priority for him, and this time the major hurdles for including Geno in the game are behind us.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
If I may share. This is my theme song for Geno Watch 2018. I'm raising the stakes. Anyone who wants in, get in. Anyone who wants out, get out. Geno WILL be a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

https://youtu.be/k2h9HPZhqHE

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Super Mario RPG was one of my favorite games as a child. I got it for Christmas when I was ten. I since sold the cart, but once I am done walking across America, I'll buy a new one on Ebay once I get established. I want to play it again so badly now.

People who haven't played Super Mario RPG often ask Geno supporters just what is so appealing about Geno that gained him such a long-standing cult following. That's a question that has been difficult to answer because his appeal is something that can't really be articulated into words -- the best I can muster is that, at least for me, it's not so much him as an individual character but just the feel you get when you play through the Rose Town arc and the Forest Maze level. Just that vibe. People who played Ocarina of Time experience a similar feel as they play the game, and so can relate. It's a feel that draws the player in.

As an individual character though, I'd have to say that, at face value, what makes him so appealing is the fact that he is the PERFECT foil for all of the whiny, emo, "bad-ass" characters others latch onto so deeply, like Sephiroth, Magus, Auron, etc. He fulfills their role (to the greatest extent a happy-go-lucky tale like Super Mario RPG really allows or even has need for) in a positive way -- he's optimistic, he's cheerful, he's extremely charismatic, he's friendly and easy to get along with. None of the other "bad-ass" characters in RPGs are like that; they're all clearly suffering symptoms of PTSD or depression and when you look at them, you wish you could get them a cookie or a therapist more than you can really connect or relate to them. (That's not to say characters like that are bad; the problem with them is that they're usually characterized poorly by writers who clearly do not understand or relate to suffering or trauma at all, and it shows. Exhibit A: Shadow the Hedgehog) Geno does not need pity or sympathy to gain the appeal of his fanbase; he does that all on his own.

Here's to hoping Geno makes it in.

Like, REALLY hoping.

Please, Sakurai. Please. That's all I need. Put Geno in and I can die happy.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
God. Geno would be so fantastic.
THIS used to hype me up with Geno around Brawl.
And it still hypes me up to this day, such nostalgia.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I see a lot of comments that are saying the characters added will only be the fanservice ones. I disagree with this for a few reasons (and it will be relevant to my point on Geno so bear with me). First, just because a character is popular doesn't mean they will get in. Bomberman, Waluigi, Lyn and Krystal were all very popular characters but they have been relegated to assist trophies. So being popular alone doesn't mean you'll be a character. Also, you can put Inkling in the bucket of "new" characters since their game didn't come out until after Smash 4. This is why we could still see characters from Xenoblade 2, Pokemon Sun/Moon and ARMS. It should be noted Nintendo didn't show off content from later games even though they tease New Donk City in Mario's video [on the Smash Bros website]. I figure most of the new stuff will be from newer games. Essentually, the content that could not be in a previous Smash game because it didn't exist at the time.

Now, how does this apply to Geno? We, to answer that, let's look at Ridley, the other fan favorite who finally got in. Although Sakurai gets a lot of request for characters, there are only a few who he's commented on. Ridley was one of them. After Brawl, he commented on the requested when asked by Nintendo Power (which is where "too big" came from). He later mentioned him after Smash Wii U came out. He noted that RIdley was popular but didn't include him due to wating to be faithful to the characters. His full comment is here..

Now, Sakurai commenting on them doesn't ordaine them for Smash. Instead, he comments on character who are popular enough to be recognized. This would apply to Geno as well. The comment has already been brought up in this thread, but lets look at it again

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.

Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.
The reason I would say that Geno has a good chance is because Geno, like Ridley, is in a leauge of his own. There are a lot of popular fan requested characters, but very few have had the magnitute of popularity and the longjevity that these two characters have. Sakurai acknoewledges that he still getsn request for this characters years after his game came out. Its been about 10 years since Brawl, and I think people have forgotten how much folks wanted Geno for that game. Back then, I'd argue he was actually more popular than Ridley. I remember a lot of fan content for him, including one guy who make a fake video showing Geno in Brawl.

While Ridley was excluded because of design, Geno was excluded because of legal issues. There was a dispute between fans over who owned him, and it wasn't until Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga that we got some idea. Geno is, for what ever reason, owned by Square and not Nintendo. When he didn't appear in Brawl, folks assumed he wasn't in due to legal complications and that he'd probably never be in as a result. But with Ultimate, Nintendo is getting the rights for all the old guest characters, include Cloud from Square Enix. With Sakurai adding Bomberman as an assist, its clear that he is getting more than just what was in those character's series. I would not be surprised if Nintendo also got the rights to use Geno.

A reason I don't expect a character like, say, K Rool is that he's just a normal kind of popular. Ridley and Geno are what you could call "legendary popular". They are above and beyond most characters people request. I think that, getting Cloud from SE and Sakurai's comments on him (that he wanted to include Geno) speak volume to his chances of being in Smash. I think this could be the game we get Geno.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.
This is what makes me worry. He's implying reasons beyond his control prevented Geno from getting a slot, and those office politics could still come into play now.

Which is why I still say we ought to go letter-bomb Square Enix just to be sure that doesn't happen again.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think the fact that he wanted Geno in so bad that he was willing to compromise with the already very stingy Square Enix for a Mii costume says wonders about how much he wants this character in. He didn't just give up and justify it with some "Eh, too big/cutesy/not enough potential" like he did with Ridley, Villager, and Miis. He went out of his way to make sure the fans knew Sakurai was still fighting for their character to be playable.

Brawl was a bit too early and was already going through a ton of development issues while Smash 4 began to build the bridge with Square Enix. I think the groundwork those two games built will be very important in the future.

TBone06

Smash Ace
This is what makes me worry. He's implying reasons beyond his control prevented Geno from getting a slot, and those office politics could still come into play now.

Which is why I still say we ought to go letter-bomb Square Enix just to be sure that doesn't happen again.
While it does seem like legal issues were the main hurdle, I just look at the timeline behind it. At the time Cloud was added, they were already well past the release date of the game. The other thing is at that point in time, they knew the ballot was coming up, and the lifecycle of the DLC was coming to a close. This late in the development, I don't see them adding two characters from Square, which is why we only got Cloud in my opinion. The fact that he was still able to get us SOMETHING is very telling. But what was clear from this was that Square IS in fact willing to work alongside Sakurai for this game. While there certainly is a chance Geno doesn't get in, I truly believe the biggest hurdle has been solved by the fact that Cloud is back and Square 100% is involved with this game.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I'd be with you there, except the base roster's already decided, so it'd likely be too late to influence Square Enix's decision at this point. If Geno misses the base roster, though, that sounds like a plan for a hopeful DLC inclusion.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Waluigi, Krystal and Lyn are nowhere near as popular and requested as Ridley was. Come on now. Both the unique newcomers so far are:

Inkling, the face of Nintendo's most popular new game in ages.
Ridley, likely the most requested character since people saw him in Melee's opening.

Waluigi and the others you mentioned don't compare to those two, or Geno, a character who has a sizable supporter based for over a decade.

I stand by the idea that the unique newcomers will be the most popular and requested characters. It makes sense since they will want to make as much profit as they can with the few newcomers they will be releasing, and the three newcomers so far support the idea. Not to mention this is very likely the final Smash game for a good while (not forever, but for a bunch of years).

Whether we will get Geno or not, is another matter entirely. He still is a third party character, and Square might get in the way of things wanting Sora or whoever to be added instead (perhaps to further market Kingdom Hearts 3, although it is not like that game needs extra marketing).

P.S.: On DLC: We don't know if we are getting DLC characters this time. Always good to keep the "few new challengers" statement in mind.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Damn... this place blew up, huh?

I think our chances are better than ever. Now that Takamaru is out of the picture, Geno and Simon are my two most wanted characters, and it's seriously unreal to think that after Smash 4 speculation I'm currently at a point where those are considered likely.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I think it was more Sakurai prioritizing Cloud. A Mii costume is easier to make. Its less of an issue this time around.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the only newcomers will be long time requested characters. I think Sakurai is certainly prioritizing them more than ever before, but I don't think the newcomer roster will be limited to just them. Inkling was the first newcomer show after all. I personally think Decidueye still has a solid shot, for example. I'm just also more confident in Geno's chances this time around.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.
Personally I'd want a stage based off of the forest with Beware the Forest Mushrooms playing. But I wouldn't shake a stick at a Star Road stage that blended together aspects of the Star Road from Super Mario World with it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Personally, I see either the Forest Maze(Because of course), a sort of Halberd like stage with the Axem Rangers airship, or on top of Bowser's Castle at the exact place you fight Exor, with Exor himself being the hazard of the stage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think another good choice would be Star Hill because of its connection with the Star Road and Geno's star theme

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I think another good choice would be Star Hill because of its connection with the Star Road and Geno's star theme
I wish we can get all of these ideas. I think they'll end up going with Forest Maze because it's where Geno joins your party.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Man, I'd love a stage based on just about any locale from SMRPG. When it comes to a game as old and scarcely referenced as SMRPG, recognition is recognition is recognition. The Forest Maze would definitely suit our boy the best, but then again, that's neglecting such classic areas and battlegrounds as Star Hill, the Blade, Booster Tower, Bowser's Castle, Nimbus Land, Barrel Volcano... UGH! Don't make me choose!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just had the worse thought. What if Square limits the selection of SMRPG music like they did with the Final Fantasy music?! We would be missing so many awesome songs if it were limited to just 2 tracks like Midgar was in Smash 4!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had the worse thought. What if Square limits the selection of SMRPG music like they did with the Final Fantasy music?! We would be missing so many awesome songs if it were limited to just 2 tracks like Midgar was in Smash 4!
Well, that would suck. But it's also possible they would supplement it with other Mario music. From the other Mario RPG's

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think the perfect stage would be the tree stump you fight Bowyer on. I always imagined a stage with Bowyer in the background shooting arrows at the characters, as well as his button-blockers, disabling certain buttons for the players on the stage.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I think it was a time thing. Cloud being DLC probably was so last minute they didn't have time to put more songs in. That won't happen again. Heck they'll probably give Cloud another stage. Same thing why Geno was just a costume, not enough time to make a model just for him. Sakurai tried to get what he could for the Geno fans at short notice.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Was planning to create an account just to keep up with this thread, but turns out one was already here!

Thought you lot would enjoy this little thing I whipped up if we got our boy. I'm rootin' with all of you for him as well!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Was planning to create an account just to keep up with this thread, but turns out one was already here!

Thought you lot would enjoy this little thing I whipped up if we got our boy. I'm rootin' with all of you for him as well!
I enjoyed that!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't think the only newcomers will be long time requested characters. I think Sakurai is certainly prioritizing them more than ever before, but I don't think the newcomer roster will be limited to just them. Inkling was the first newcomer show after all.
But Inklings were really popular characters. I remember how much love they got when Splatoon got revealed at E3 2014.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Inklings were so popular so fast, they were added as Mii Fighter costumes in record time. Granted it also was a bit of cross promotion for Splatoon, but before that game even come out the Inklings were verified superstars.

So yeah every newcomer so far has been a fan favorite.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
But Inklings were really popular characters. I remember how much love they got when Splatoon got revealed at E3 2014.
No doubt they were popular, but they weren't "long time requested characters" solely because they are too new to fit in that category. My point is that Inklings proves that newcomers aren't limited to characters that have been highly requested for ages, so newcomers like Decidueye are still in the running. I just also happen to think Geno is one of the top contenders for a newcomer spot because he has been highly requested for so long.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I brought this up in the Ashley thread and wondered the same for Geno, with codecs and Palutena's Guidance possibly coming back, what would they have to say about Geno?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Even though Geno is my favorite character ever, I never really liked the Forest Maze or theme.

I'd love if they remixed any/all of the battle themes from SMRPG though. The boss themes and Smithy's themes are awesome.
I brought this up in the Ashley thread and wondered the same for Geno, with codecs and Palutena's Guidance possibly coming back, what would they have to say about Geno?
For the Codecs they should talk about his origins. Maybe even allude to how difficult it was for him to come here, as a nod to the long wait and weird politics between Square ownership.

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Huge fan of Super Mario RPG: LotSS, it's my favorite game of all time and probably always will be. I would be over the moon if Geno was playable in Smash Ultimate (no Mii business.) Really do think that his best shot is now.

Personally, I don't know what stage I'd want to represent SMRPG if we got one. And yeah, I think it's possible that we wouldn't get a stage. Forest Maze is what first comes to mind but there are so many locations that I love so much and are dear to my heart...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I will laugh if they vaguely allude to us Geno Cult members somewhere.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will laugh if they vaguely allude to us Geno Cult members somewhere.
I imagine if they were to reference Geno's cult status, it would be in his Palutena's Guidance. They do love good old meta humor. I think the codec would highlight Geno's surprising amount of artillery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom