• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Here's my list of Legacy supporters right now

There is quite a few, but it's so monotonous going page by page. LOL, I wish I kept a real supporters list

AIM0001
APC99
AEMehr
acekidgravity
Autumn ♫
andimidna

bagoly14
Big-Cat
Booster

ChunkyBeef
cool mario bros
Cyberguy64
Chauzu
Cheezey Bites

Drs. FalKoopa
Dark Emperor Hardin

Ember Reaper
EmceeEspio
Enigma14

Frontiers
Foz
Ferio_Kun
FZ64
Fisher

geno
Guybrush20X6

Holder of the Heel
Hoots
Hero_of_T1me_1997

Iko MattOrr

JohnnyJoestar~JoJo

Knuckles the Knuckles
Kind Dedede
Kevandre

LaniusShrike

MR. K
mrbrawl
M52B28
Mr. Mumbles
Matthew "Demo" Rak
Mariohuge
Mariuigi

Neosquid
Neanderthal
NukeA6
NessOnett
Nguz95

Oblivion129
Oracle_Summon
OddCrow

papagenos

Rockaphin
RetroBro

Shorts/ Shortiecanbrawl
SmashShadow
Starcutter
shadowjosh
Sinn
SirGalvan
Steelia
sunfallSeraph
StaffofSmashing
STARRRaptor
SchAlternate
Staarih
Simensis
SilverWind1

True Blue
Thebluecomet

VictoryIsMudkipz
Vyzor
vicgur

Wondra
Wizzrobe

Xigger

YoshiandToad
Yunior597
yani
Uhm. I've supported Geno since Brawl (actively since Smash 4). This feels awkward.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uhm. I've supported Geno since Brawl (actively since Smash 4). This feels awkward.
I'm only part way through one of the threads. I still got a long ways to go

Edit: Also you are on the regular support list

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's fair. You should do the same for Mallow when you get time. :)
Also you are on the regular support list. The legacy list is just for people that have supported Geno in the past but haven't been active in this thread currently

Though since I started making it, a couple of people from it started posting in here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've been playing SMRPG on my SNES mini again for the first time in decades, and I've forgotten just how much fun it was. Truly a fantastic game and a standout of the RPG genre even today. I think Geno has the strongest shot of anyone of being a playable fighter this time around, so I don't think he needs much more support from the likes of me, but if he gets in, I absolutely wouldn't mind.

I know some people have struggled to come up with a stage for him (a Forest Maze stage would be too obvious and boring in my opinion), but earlier today I did think of a stage idea that could work really well from Super Mario RPG: Exor!

Exor is not only the most memorable boss from the game, but him plummeting into Bowser's keep is also the event that sets the game into motion. He functions as the gate to Smithy's factory dimension, and is absolutely instrumental in transporting Smithy's goons to Mario's world. He's also large enough to be a perfect stage in his own right. The stage would take place largely on his hilt, as well as a pair of destructible battlements from Bowser's castle beneath him.

Exor himself would be a stage hazard in his own right, as his eyes would cast spells like Aurora Flash (puts people to sleep), Venom Drool (plants flowers on people's heads), Flame Wall, Water Blast and a bunch of other destructive spells from the battle against him. His mouth would also function as a hazard, as he would occasionally open it and chomp down on anyone foolish enough to wander into it, sending them flying. He could also suck people into his mouth to do this as well.

Exor himself could also be fought - the pommel would be his weak point, but in order to destroy the pommel, you must first destroy his right eye and left eye, just like in the battle in the original game. Not sure what I would call this stage - "Exor" is too simplistic a name. I thought of calling it "The Contested Keep", but "Bowser's Stolen Castle" was suggested by someone as well, and that works too.
Why not simply refer to the stage as "Bowser's Keep" like in the original? It's not like Bowser himself has any stages per se in Smash anyway. :p

domriver

Smash Lord

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
All his smashes, tilts and aerials should be his normal equippable weapons and his B moves should be his special attacks.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Geno speculation is such an emotional roller coaster. Would it be fair to say that this is worse than Brawl era?

TBone06

Smash Ace
Geno speculation is such an emotional roller coaster. Would it be fair to say that this is worse than Brawl era?
Honestly I think due to the fact that we have evidence of him being acknowledged (Mii Costume) and so many positive signs towards his inclusion, it feels like we have more to lose if he doesn’t get in this time. It definitely is his best chance ever, which certainly has its pros and cons. Some of those cons being over anxious. I certainly feel ya though! In the Brawl days it felt like we went in blind, and we really didn’t have anything concrete other than the fact we loved him. I feel the speculation game as a whole has ramped up a ton since then.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not really, if you look back then there was a lot more harshness and right now there's a lot going for Geno. Doesn't mean he'll be in, but it's pretty likely, imo.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Speculation for dream characters general like Geno, Isaac, and Banjo seems to be at a fever pitch. I think that's for two reasons:

First, all these dream picks feel actually possible due to how fanservice-filled the game and its roster have been so far, so having it seem more possible makes people want it all the more.

Second, Ultimate will 90% be the last Smash game with a roster of this size, and possibly the last one made by Sakurai. To that end, it feels like the series' finale, even if there are more Smash games in the future. That makes us feel the need for the characters all the more urgent, as veterans and more mainstream picks would no doubt be the priority in the event of a game with a smaller roster.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Seeing K.Rool and Ridley in the roster but Geno not making it will probably hurt more than his absence in Brawl and Smash 4 combined. That is probably why a lot is now at stake for us emotionally.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Would love to be added to the supporter list as well as I see I'm missing. He is still my number one after all and someone I've supported since Smash 4's speculation :chuckle:

Spatman

Smash Ace
What about Ganon and Falcon?
Also jigglypuff for kirby in 64 I guess.
But they were other times, smash was so different (and so also the perception of it)
Sure, it's not a stone-writen rule, but I think too won't be echoes of characters from different series, like it doesn't happen since 2001

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's my list of Legacy supporters right now

There is quite a few, but it's so monotonous going page by page. LOL, I wish I kept a real supporters list

AIM0001
APC99
AEMehr
acekidgravity
Autumn ♫
andimidna

bagoly14
Big-Cat
Booster

ChunkyBeef
cool mario bros
Cyberguy64
Chauzu
Cheezey Bites

Drs. FalKoopa
Dark Emperor Hardin

Ember Reaper
EmceeEspio
Enigma14

Frontiers
Foz
Ferio_Kun
FZ64
Fisher

geno
Guybrush20X6

Holder of the Heel
Hoots
Hero_of_T1me_1997

Iko MattOrr

JohnnyJoestar~JoJo

Knuckles the Knuckles
Kind Dedede
Kevandre

LaniusShrike

MR. K
mrbrawl
M52B28
Mr. Mumbles
Matthew "Demo" Rak
Mariohuge
Mariuigi

Neosquid
Neanderthal
NukeA6
NessOnett
Nguz95

Oblivion129
Oracle_Summon
OddCrow

papagenos

Rockaphin
RetroBro

Shorts/ Shortiecanbrawl
SmashShadow
Starcutter
shadowjosh
Sinn
SirGalvan
Steelia
sunfallSeraph
StaffofSmashing
STARRRaptor
SchAlternate
Staarih
Simensis
SilverWind1

True Blue
Thebluecomet

VictoryIsMudkipz
Vyzor
vicgur

Wondra
Wizzrobe

Xigger

YoshiandToad
Yunior597
yani
I assumed I wouldn’t be on this. I’ve wanted Geno since melee but only really recently was actuve in the thrread

Edit: add me to the supporters list please.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I have never been so disheartened to reply on thread like I have with the Skull Kid thread. Kinda awkward when your number one character just so happens to be the threads original poster's least favorite character. I mean, I still like Skull Kid and want him in the game, but man do I want to avoid that thread now.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Is that the first time you run into stuff like that? It happens when there's rivalries, but they're not bad when they're friendly, but some people have hate to deal with, and judge others' picks or try to find reasons why they shouldn't be or won't be in the game, breaking people's hearts. Thankfully most people have different sets of character wants. Can you imagine if an entire thread were against another? That would kinda suck, lol.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I have never been so disheartened to reply on thread like I have with the Skull Kid thread. Kinda awkward when your number one character just so happens to be the threads original poster's least favorite character. I mean, I still like Skull Kid and want him in the game, but man do I want to avoid that thread now.
Quite a few people in here like characters I dislike, but I don't think it's appropriate to bring it up in this thread

I assumed I wouldn’t be on this. I’ve wanted Geno since melee but only really recently was actuve in the thrread

Edit: add me to the supporters list please.
Added

Would love to be added to the supporter list as well as I see I'm missing. He is still my number one after all and someone I've supported since Smash 4's speculation :chuckle:
You've actually been on it

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is that the first time you run into stuff like that? It happens when there's rivalries, but they're not bad when they're friendly, but some people have hate to deal with, and judge others' picks or try to find reasons why they shouldn't be or won't be in the game, breaking people's hearts. Thankfully most people have different sets of character wants. Can you imagine if an entire thread were against another? That would kinda suck, lol.
No, I have run into people who dislike characters I like, it's just awkward when that person is the guy in charge of the whole thread. And his opinion on Geno is intense.
Quite a few people in here like characters I dislike, but I don't think it's appropriate to bring it up in this thread
There was a lot of discussion on the thread about the idea of a joint trailer between Geno and Skull Kid, so it was not exactly off topic. Many people look upon the person in charge as a judging of the thread as a whole, even if it is only subconscious. If the person in charge is polarizing to some, that will naturally lead to those people not wanting to be apart of the thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I have run into people who dislike characters I like, it's just awkward when that person is the guy in charge of the whole thread. And his opinion on Geno is intense.

There was a lot of discussion on the thread about the idea of a joint trailer between Geno and Skull Kid, so it was not exactly off topic. Many people look upon the person in charge as a judging of the thread as a whole, even if it is only subconscious. If the person in charge is polarizing to some, that will naturally lead to those people not wanting to be apart of the thread.
It's kind of funny that it's intense because Geno and Skull Kid are similar in that they have 1 time major appearances and had a few cameos over the years.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's kind of funny that it's intense because Geno and Skull Kid are similar in that they have 1 time major appearances and had a few cameos over the years.
Technically Skull Kid has appeared in 3 games, but I think the better comparison is Majora and Geno. While the character would be called Skull Kid, it is Majora who is the real puppet master. Skull Kid is nothing more than a tool to Majora, kinda like how Geno picked his because he thought it would be the strongest. But even then, I feel like Geno still cared for the toy itself as well for everyone else, while Majora cares about nothing except destruction.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
well, one speaking role in OOT, a major role in MM and a minor role in TP, it's not much but it's still a lot more then Geno lol

(feel free to add me on the supporters list btw)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well, one speaking role in OOT, a major role in MM and a minor role in TP, it's not much but it's still a lot more then Geno lol

(feel free to add me on the supporters list btw)
Technically Skull Kid has appeared in 3 games, but I think the better comparison is Majora and Geno. While the character would be called Skull Kid, it is Majora who is the real puppet master. Skull Kid is nothing more than a tool to Majora, kinda like how Geno picked his because he thought it would be the strongest. But even then, I feel like Geno still cared for the toy itself as well for everyone else, while Majora cares about nothing except destruction.
I know a skull kid has appeared more times, that's why I said 1 major appearance.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I kind of see Support Thread makers as cheer leaders rather than leaders.. well that's not the right word.. :p but I mean, they just a few responsibilities when it comes to the supported character.

Just deal with others. Or nevermind SK and focus on Geno.

It's true Geno never really made another appearance. It's crazy that he kept this popularity. And tbh, it does surprise me a little, and I wouldn't mind hearing why people like Geno that much. For me it's probably just that he represents mario rpg itself, in a sense.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Majora Probably picked Skull kid because Skull kid has weakness and aggression in his heart or somethin, Geno probably chose the doll because "oh **** your literally the only character here with a fire arm"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Majora Probably picked Skull kid because Skull kid has weakness and aggression in his heart or somethin, Geno probably chose the doll because "oh **** your literally the only character here with a fire arm"
He probably also saw it KO Mario in 1 Hit

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
i can only imagine what the mushroom kingdom is like "man kids these days with there Dolls that shoot giant lasers... Princess Peach really needs to band those things!"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Plot twist, he saw a commercial for Geno on Space TV and saw it had real custom patented laser cannon action.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Please don't post media-only replies. Don't post purely meme replies either. Both are spam.

TBone06

Smash Ace

I see what you mean. I get not everyone will like a certain character, but that’s uncalled for. Does he not realize he has tons of support coming from this thread. I mean, I know not everyone cares the same, and some people just have nasty streaks, but the way I see this is we’re all in this together. I will never bash a character, and I don’t see why anyone else should either.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Wooden Boys who are being used by a higher power need to unite even if one of them is trying to destroy the entire world with the moon

then again Geno DID promise to blow up japan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, is Geno actually made of wood, or is that just the general assumption? Because I remember at one point late in SMRPG, Bowser gets mad at him and threatens to rip his stuffing out.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
By the way, is Geno actually made of wood, or is that just the general assumption? Because I remember at one point late in SMRPG, Bowser gets mad at him and threatens to rip his stuffing out.
Bowser isn't exactly the brightest of bulbs in SMRPG

also SMRPG is subject to Ted wooleys translation iirc, a translation from him can be riddled with inaccurate translations just for jokes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

also SMRPG is subject to Ted wooleys translation iirc, a translation from him can be riddled with inaccurate translations just for jokes
Yeah, that's a good point.

Who do you think you are, Bruce Lee?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, he's wood. Besides looking like it just from the sprites, the strategy guide shows his hand weapons have a wood texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom