• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saw this on the Skull Kid page: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NZNB6M9ML/instant/

Apparently this was on 4Chan. 705 people were surveyed. Geno finished third behind Skull Kid and Banjo Kazooie. Not that this means anything since we already knew he was extremely popular, but I found it interesting that he has a big fan base beyond SmashBoards. Always nice seeing things like this in my eyes.

I saw this too! That's crazy! I don't know if it's an actual leaker or if it's just a guy doing predictions, but it sure looks like he knows something based on everything he's been saying.
I'm not sure if that's one I voted on or not

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saw this on the Skull Kid page: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NZNB6M9ML/instant/

Apparently this was on 4Chan. 705 people were surveyed. Geno finished third behind Skull Kid and Banjo Kazooie. Not that this means anything since we already knew he was extremely popular, but I found it interesting that he has a big fan base beyond SmashBoards. Always nice seeing things like this in my eyes.

I saw this too! That's crazy! I don't know if it's an actual leaker or if it's just a guy doing predictions, but it sure looks like he knows something based on everything he's been saying.
Now just imagine /v/ saying "But Geno is not popular"...

grizby2

Smash Lord
it amazes me that the polls being made this year got so narrow this time around. and they keep getting more and more narrow.

was that poll for north America only? id love to see the results of more polls from Europe or japan so we can have a look at common favorites among the 3 regions sise to side.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
So many requests for the Discord! I missed em all, my bad. I created the Star Road Discord server a while ago as a basic hub for Geno supporters and general discussion. Glad to see it starting to snowball!

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
Apparently that poll was boted in favor of skull kid I'd ask N3ON for more info on that tho because they brought up the info

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently that poll was boted in favor of skull kid I'd ask N3ON for more info on that tho because they brought up the info
No, it's the 2012 poll that was botted. This survey is a new one.

And it's not surprising in this new one that Skull Kid would get so high because there is a lot of Skull Kid hype right now

Last edited:

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Hey PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Please add me to the supporter list!! If ya'll can see that I opened this account in December of 2006 for the sole purpose of showing support for Geno back in the Brawl days. I've been rooting for him ever since. I lost hope after Brawl and especially after his costume reveal in Smash for Wii U, but things are looking really great for Geno now. I've been trying to catch up on all the posts in this thread, and there are so many. I'm still reading through everything. It's so great seeing how much support Geno has gotten compared to 11ish years ago. It's refreshing!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Please add me to the supporter list!! If ya'll can see that I opened this account in December of 2006 for the sole purpose of showing support for Geno back in the Brawl days. I've been rooting for him ever since. I lost hope after Brawl and especially after his costume reveal in Smash for Wii U, but things are looking really great for Geno now. I've been trying to catch up on all the posts in this thread, and there are so many. I'm still reading through everything. It's so great seeing how much support Geno has gotten compared to 11ish years ago. It's refreshing!
Added.

And we're getting closer to have at least one member of every letter of the alphabet

Where them Q's at?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, I can't wait to see Kirby wearing a Geno hat. There probably is a picture of the concept on the internet already, but there is just something about seeing it officially.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
So I'm back in like, page 60 something reading people's posts speculating what a possible Geno/Mario RPG stage could be. I was thinking it could be the factory or something like Bowser's Keep. It could be similar to the new Castlevania stage they just revealed. My thought is it could be like Bowser's keep or factory and have all the bosses (Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, Axem Rangers, Smithy) kind of cycle through as stage hazards and attack the players. I think that would be pretty cool. I would love to hear a remixed and updated version of the factory theme too cause that song is really great.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I'm back in like, page 60 something reading people's posts speculating what a possible Geno/Mario RPG stage could be. I was thinking it could be the factory or something like Bowser's Keep. It could be similar to the new Castlevania stage they just revealed. My thought is it could be like Bowser's keep or factory and have all the bosses (Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, Axem Rangers, Smithy) kind of cycle through as stage hazards and attack the players. I think that would be pretty cool. I would love to hear a remixed and updated version of the factory theme too cause that song is really great.
I think the factory would be the best choice. We have not gotten a factory stage yet, and it is an easy excuse to have the Smithy Gang how up. Plus, the first sections of the factory are basically floating platforms above an abyss, so it's fitting. You could incorporate the gear platforms, as well as some conveyor belts. And it could really help Smithy become a possible boss fight like Dracula and Rathalos.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Unrelated: Are people's sigs showing up for more than one post on this page for other people too?

I kind of don't think they'd make the factory stage for Geno. And I don't think there'd be more than one. Forest maze would be really iconic, but could be something else too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unrelated: Are people's sigs showing up for more than one post on this page for other people too?
Yeah, just some forum errors that are being worked on.

As for your previous post, please don't post something that only has a link, video, or image in it. That's considered spam here.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is a question, how would Geno's movement be? That sort of thing seems like it will play a key factor in Ultimate. I imagine he would be on the quicker side(He was the fastest part member if I recall), and he might be a tad floaty, though not to a major extent.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, just some forum errors that are being worked on.

As for your previous post, please don't post something that only has a link, video, or image in it. That's considered spam here.
Got it. I wonder if it's a system that takes care of that, or if it's on individual basis? Would be better to see if it's actual spam, or if it's relevant. But I guess it's to streamline the task. I don't like that, but if it's to make it easier on mods and not have to check all the time I can understand.

Here is a question, how would Geno's movement be? That sort of thing seems like it will play a key factor in Ultimate. I imagine he would be on the quicker side(He was the fastest part member if I recall), and he might be a tad floaty, though not to a major extent.
I didn't picture Geno as being fast, but you're right, he's the fastest.. I never payed attention to speed in the game because level ups didn't include that.
But here's the thing, Peach is said to be faster than Mario in there. In Smash mario is faster. So, what do you make of that.

I like fast characters so I wouldn't mind being faster than mario. Though he'd be a projectile user, so he shouldn't be too too fast either. So, maybe about mario's speed or a tiny lil bit more?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got it. I wonder if it's a system that takes care of that, or if it's on individual basis? Would be better to see if it's actual spam, or if it's relevant. But I guess it's to streamline the task. I don't like that, but if it's to make it easier on mods and not have to check all the time I can understand.
We simply notice it and take action. No streamlining. We aren't robots. Though some of us may have metal in ourselves and could be called cyborgs(in a twist, my parents do, but I don't).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I imagine Geno but really fast and can pack a punch

But gets knocked around easier.

Glass Cannon, like he is in the game

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind Geno being slow if it meant he'd be balanced in the game and still mostly true to his character's design.

D

Deleted member

Suggestion. What if Geno Boost was his :GCU::GCB: recovery move? As in, literally giving him a boost in the air, while also giving him a minor boost in stats.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Suggestion. What if Geno Boost was his :GCU::GCB: recovery move? As in, literally giving him a boost in the air, while also giving him a minor boost in stats.
Maybe if you charge it? Not saying can't get the boost without charging, but it'd just be used all the time. Like wii fit trainer has a boost but you have to charge it. Dunno, but it's a neat idea anyway.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking. This is just an idea, and it may not 100% true to the original game, but perhaps adding the "release the button as soon as the third star appears" mechanic to Geno Boost might be a solution to balancing it.

Do it right, get the stat buffs. Release the button too early, still have your recovery, but no stat buffs. Hold the button too long, have your recovery, but no stat buffs AND additional landing lag.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Maybe I've been out of the forum game for too long, but what do "IRC" and " /v/ " mean?
I had to look that up too.:laugh: Yeesh, gettin' old sure is a bummer, am I right?

At least we all can like Geno, regardless of our ages. He is timeless!

Maybe if you charge it? Not saying can't get the boost without charging, but it'd just be used all the time. Like wii fit trainer has a boost but you have to charge it. Dunno, but it's a neat idea anyway.
Honestly, it might work just like WFT's charge move--You don't get any bonus unless you time it right at the finish. This would mean in order to get the bonus, you literally HAVE to ride out the whole move's duration, making it unsuitable to spam, especially on the ground. You'd go flying up into the air every time you wanted to boost, lol.

It would also mean that if you wanted to snap to the ledge, you'd lose the bonus opportunity. That way, you have to decide if you want to just grab the ledge safely, or take the riskier option and get a boost.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I always prefer if Geno Blast was his recovery and Geno Boost was more of a Monado/Deep Breathing type move. Or if you want to get really interesting. Geno Boost as his Neutral B and that charges to determine how strong the rest of his moves are. (Uses Red Stars as an indicator like with KO Punch/Limit Meter) And you spend the Power on another special move.

He would be similar to how Cloud's Limit works but it is quick to charge and not as strong as Cloud's limit options. (So it is constantly vital to Geno's success in battle)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had to look that up too.:laugh: Yeesh, gettin' old sure is a bummer, am I right?

At least we all can like Geno, regardless of our ages. He is timeless!

Honestly, it might work just like WFT's charge move--You don't get any bonus unless you time it right at the finish. This would mean in order to get the bonus, you literally HAVE to ride out the whole move's duration, making it unsuitable to spam, especially on the ground. You'd go flying up into the air every time you wanted to boost, lol.

It would also mean that if you wanted to snap to the ledge, you'd lose the bonus opportunity. That way, you have to decide if you want to just grab the ledge safely, or take the riskier option and get a boost.
Well, if youre going to charge it, then youre taking the risk of being gimped since it takes a while, so I don't think it shouldnt count just cuz of going for the ledge. Anyway, there aren't a lot of boosting moves, so it'd be cool to see someone else have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom