• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
What the guy is saying is that he has the ability to change the name of the song but he's going to do it in a subtle way to try and get away with it being changed
Oooohhh okay
That makes more sense. The way it's spelled really bothered me haha
It just seems so wrong to be worded like that

Dan

Smash Lord
I mean, they do have a sort of start with his Mii Costume. Just slap his head in there, build upon it and give him moves. Boom, done. :'D

I can see Mario and Peach staring at the night sky during a meteor shower, making a wish and then Bowser looks at the same sky from the balcony of his castle and making a wish as well. Then it reaches Star Road, a glow of a star looks at those wishes then it leaves the scene without revealing his star form. Then another wishing star fall from the sky (but it turns out it's actually ♡♪!? ) disappearing into the Forest. Either a scene where we follow the star as it/he travels through it (maybe as a nod to the Forest Maze) or it just continues to fall down into the chimney of Gaz's home and a bright flash happens.
The door opens.

Geno is back.

EDIT but if the title does change, it has potential of being true.
Probably gonna check in a couple of hours to see if it is. Waiting an extra hour just to make sure.

I have my doubts but it's "something"
I would rather him be an Echo than never appear at all, and I'd not sure I'd want to wait five more years for him to be unique even if it was guaranteed; i would hold out for DLC though.

Full orgasm if a SMRPG2 and Geno reveal somehow coincide in one Direct.

And that title did change.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I would rather him be an Echo than never appear at all, and I'd not sure I'd want to wait five more years for him to be unique even if it was guaranteed.

Full orgasm if a SMRPG2 and Geno reveal somehow coincide in one Direct.

And that title did change.
Honestly, it would suck a bit if he ends up being an Echo but anything is something at least... At least *he would be there*.

Plus add SMRPG being able to be downloadable and it will be amazing ;)

As for the title, it's Bomb Rush Blush now. Leaker says they will change it to Bomb BLUSH RUSH. ^^"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would prove that Leaker does have inside info (as they can go into the official Smash YT channel and changer the title in a subtle way like they did for Simon Belmont [or so they claim they have]) and may be leaking the real deal.
Although the person that updates their website probably isn't very high up in the company potentially wouldn't know much more than we do

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Although the person that updates their website probably isn't very high up in the company potentially wouldn't know much more than we do
You're right. Although I am mostly watching this by curiosity (and a bit of hope) than anything. Not setting my expectations high.

EDIT : AAAAAnnnnd it's Fake. Nothing happened. Lmao, at least I got to watch memes happening in the /v/ while waiting.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where are these surveys coming from and who is making them?
KMDP, a member of this forum that made a comparison list of characters and the number of people in their support numbers

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
While a real leak of a Geno confirmation would be cool, I'd like to just have the character reveal trailer reveal him IMO opposed to a leak on 4chan. The K Rool reveal was great and I had already braced for disappointment in the direct when I read Belmont was leaked expecting him to be the only reveal.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Can we stop talking about Geno potentially being an echo please? There's no way in hell that would happen, literally 0% chance

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay then, here's a fun question. Considering the amount of villains being added, which villain do you think Geno would dislike the most. It's kinda a weird question, and it probably won't come up at all in any way in Ultimate, but Geno is a very heroic and justice bound individual and I am curious how he would perceive all these villains.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay then, here's a fun question. Considering the amount of villains being added, which villain do you think Geno would dislike the most. It's kinda a weird question, and it probably won't come up at all in any way in Ultimate, but Geno is a very heroic and justice bound individual and I am curious how he would perceive all these villains.
Ridley because he travels through the stars raiding and destroying world or Ganondorf because he has a sword

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
He would definitely rival Smithy the most. Or Exor.

Edit - Think I misunderstood. I guess you mean from Smash characters.

I'd say maybe Ganondorf. Seems like he has similar goals to Smithy. A world without wishes. The Triforce grants wishes much like Star Road.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ridley because he travels through the stars raiding and destroying world or Ganondorf because he has a sword
How about Wolf? He is also a space traveling villain, though not to the same destructive extent of Ridley. Although, I do think Geno would not be the most fond of people who use metal weaponry like swords and the like, considering his history with the Smithy gang. Sure, he will lighten up if he figures they are a good person, but at the beginning he might be a bit on edge, especially for characters who look, or are, more machine than man.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
Geno gets one glance at Cloud's weapon of choice and
oh no

And if Geno's scared of swords/machines, etc, would he be down and cool with people that use guns?
Like, Bayonetta, Snake, etc?
(At least from what I remember they use guns...)
I can honestly just imagine them chilling haha
I'd totally execute this

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Geno gets one glance at Cloud's weapon of choice and
oh no

And if Geno's scared of swords/machines, etc, would he be down and cool with people that use guns?
Like, Bayonetta, Snake, etc?
(At least from what I remember they use guns...)
I can honestly just imagine them chilling haha
I'd totally execute this
I don't think scared would be the right word. Just on edge at first. And as for ammunition, let's not forget that Geno himself is packing some heat. Of course, a lot of it is magic ammunition, and Geno does seem to have a more natural theme with his wooden appearance, but still.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
I don't think scared would be the right word. Just on edge at first. And as for ammunition, let's not forget that Geno himself is packing some heat. Of course, a lot of it is magic ammunition, and Geno does seem to have a more natural theme with his wooden appearance, but still.
Ah yea I know :')
I guess "scared" wasn't the right word to use, my bad
Bothered, I suppose?
I dunno

Edit: Sorry, don't mean to repeat what you just said oops*

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ooh, that's a good one. Let's see...

Honestly, what about Bowser? Yes, they were once allies--but don't forget, even after saving everyone's wishes from Smithy, Bowser then proceeded to steal the star rod and mess up everyone's wishes himself in Paper Mario. I'm not sure what the chronology is for the Mario series (If there is one,) if Paper Mario is in the same universe, or if Star Haven and Star Road have anything to do with each other...but Bowser did once steal the ability for wishes to be granted, possibly after having seen Smithy do it. That has GOT to tick Geno off.

And that's not even considering the fact that, you know...Bowser tried to destroy the universe once. Bowser has seriously gotten far more villainous since Geno knew him. I'm sure that's got to be a sore spot.

This gets me thinking about another interesting question: How much of the Mario lore do you all think is connected? Are Star Haven, the Star Rod, and Star Road all connected? Does Rosalina factor into it? Is Starlow the same species/and or related to Geno? Are the seven Star Spirits the same as the star pieces?

So many questions, lol.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Honestly, what about Bowser? Yes, they were once allies--but don't forget, even after saving everyone's wishes from Smithy, Bowser then proceeded to steal the star rod and mess up everyone's wishes himself in Paper Mario. I'm not sure what the chronology is for the Mario series (If there is one,) if Paper Mario is in the same universe, or if Star Haven and Star Road have anything to do with each other...but Bowser did once steal the ability for wishes to be granted, possibly after having seen Smithy do it. That has GOT to tick Geno off.

Paper Mario was originally called SMRPG2, actually.

Until they realized that the assets from SMRPG were owned by Square, of course.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ooh, that's a good one. Let's see...

And that's not even considering the fact that, you know...Bowser tried to destroy the universe once. Bowser has seriously gotten far more villainous since Geno knew him. I'm sure that's got to be a sore spot.

This gets me thinking about another interesting question: How much of the Mario lore do you all think is connected? Are Star Haven, the Star Rod, and Star Road all connected? Does Rosalina factor into it? Is Starlow the same species/and or related to Geno? Are the seven Star Spirits the same as the star pieces?

So many questions, lol.
I feel as if SMRPG and M&L are of the same universe, and the Paper Mario universe is explained as being within a book in Paper Jam, so the Star Rod is not much of a factor. As for Universe destruction, he was originally gonna control it, till he somehow black holed everything after his defeat(I don't think that was his intention, his defeat just seemed to cause it somehow). As for the connections, maybe we can try to piece together a sort of Smashboards headcannon, and hopefully we can get something to help explain the connections in Ultimate.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Paper Mario was originally called SMRPG2, actually.

Until they realized that the assets from SMRPG were owned by Square, of course.
Ah yes, that!

I could see how Star Haven and the Star Rod may have been simply a different interpretation of Star Road, or more like a look into what it's actually like there (as we didn't get to see that in SMRPG), given the title connection.

I do have to wonder how much the developers actually looked into SMRPG as a foundation for PM. They definitely used the battle foundation, but what about the story?

Could Geno have actually been considered for PM?

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Honestly I've always viewed all Mario properties as interconnected universes, just told and displayed by different mediums. The Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario crossover kind of dampered that though. Would seem there is a Mario-Verse out there, Hyrule Warriors seemed to establish a Zelda-Verse.

Twink from Paper Mario seems like a greenhorn version of Geno in some ways, I wonder if during development of the game his character was suppose to be Geno before copyright stuff?

Rosalina seems to be more of a cosmic architect who basically makes sure the stars can do their job across the universe. I'd say her and Geno work for the same purpose, though have different roles in the scheme of things.

I'd say the Seven Star Spirits are the same thing as the Seven Stars from SMRPG, just given more life. I'm sure it's no coincidence there are still seven stars.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly I've always viewed all Mario properties as interconnected universes, just told and displayed by different mediums. The Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario crossover kind of dampered that though. Would seem there is a Mario-Verse out there, Hyrule Warriors seemed to establish a Zelda-Verse.

Twink from Paper Mario seems like a greenhorn version of Geno in some ways, I wonder if during development of the game his character was suppose to be Geno before copyright stuff?

Rosalina seems to be more of a cosmic architect who basically makes sure the stars can do their job across the universe. I'd say her and Geno work for the same purpose, though have different roles in the scheme of things.

I'd say the Seven Star Spirits are the same thing as the Seven Stars from SMRPG, just given more life. I'm sure it's no coincidence there are still seven stars.
When it come's to the star spirits, I don't think they are that related to the seven star's, since the two groups seem to fulfill different duties. I just think star's hold great meaning in the Mario universe, whatever there role may be. The thing I want to know what the relationship between the Star Spirits(Though they first appear in PM, Mario Party 5 prove that they exist in the base Mario universe) and the Star Sprites(Starlow was a representative of them).

grizby2

Smash Lord
Or Geno using Megaman's leaf shield or an equivalent. The best they could do echo-wise would be to combine Robin's magic attacks with Megaman's arm cannon and various weaponry, and we both know how awkward and inappropriate that would be.

If Geno makes the roster, he'll almost certainly be a unique original member and not an echo. I don't even know where this silly talk of echo-fying him even came from.
my bad :x

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was joking about the sword thing. I was imagining Geno having flashbacks of Exor

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I was joking about the sword thing. I was imagining Geno having flashbacks of Exor
Or he sees Bandana Dee's Spear and just freakin thousand yard stares because all he can picture is Yaridovich haha

That was a ***** of a bossfight...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I was just watching a video, by someone on the "Legacy" supporter list no less

And people have noticed that you can't rely on checking for empty spaces for how many characters are left because characters have been moved around in the image to fit other characters.

So, that's not going to be reliable for speculation

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Or he sees Bandana Dee's Spear and just freakin thousand yard stares because all he can picture is Yaridovich haha

That was a ***** of a bossfight...
Water Blast. Water Blast. Water Blast...

*Splits apart*

Double Water Blast!

Spear Boy's as bad as Smithy with Sledge, lol.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Ah yes, that!

I could see how Star Haven and the Star Rod may have been simply a different interpretation of Star Road, or more like a look into what it's actually like there (as we didn't get to see that in SMRPG), given the title connection.

I do have to wonder how much the developers actually looked into SMRPG as a foundation for PM. They definitely used the battle foundation, but what about the story?

Could Geno have actually been considered for PM?
Star Way (the road you take from shooting star summit to Star Haven) is called Star Road in Japan) . If you look at Star Heaven in the prologue you can see the Star Pieces as well.

Last edited:

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
well, in SMRPG the star pieces were parts of the literal road to star haven which granted wishes, whereas the star spirits in PM lorded over it and granted the wishes. I would say if anything they might be related in location, but not purpose or character. Unless there is a higher being than Rosalina, I think the theory that Geno would work for her makes sense, but at a higher level than any luma (as he had the ability to form speech instead of just star noises and had more power than being a launch star) yet, if there is a higher being than Rosa, then I think Geno would work for them, and be equal to her.

Considering the PM development being intended to be SMRPG2 The theory that Geno would work for the star spirits makes sense, but I find that with the gravity in the SMRPG narrative, if PM truly would've been SMRPG2 then it would have taken a much different route and not have bowser be the main villain, more like Super PM than the OG PM.

As far as which villain Geno would be most antagonistic against? Going off of the justice vibe, probably Ridley or Ganondorf. They each seriously damaged their universes, of which Geno would be really against.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Oh it would be amazing if he worked with Rosalina. Seeing Geno's story developped after so many years of absence is pretty exciting. This would open many possibilities for Mallow and Geno in future mario game.

They could even appear in future mario kart, rpg etc... pretty exciting time for us super mario rpg fans

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
well, in SMRPG the star pieces were parts of the literal road to star haven which granted wishes, whereas the star spirits in PM lorded over it and granted the wishes. I would say if anything they might be related in location, but not purpose or character. Unless there is a higher being than Rosalina, I think the theory that Geno would work for her makes sense, but at a higher level than any luma (as he had the ability to form speech instead of just star noises and had more power than being a launch star) yet, if there is a higher being than Rosa, then I think Geno would work for them, and be equal to her.

Considering the PM development being intended to be SMRPG2 The theory that Geno would work for the star spirits makes sense, but I find that with the gravity in the SMRPG narrative, if PM truly would've been SMRPG2 then it would have taken a much different route and not have bowser be the main villain, more like Super PM than the OG PM.

As far as which villain Geno would be most antagonistic against? Going off of the justice vibe, probably Ridley or Ganondorf. They each seriously damaged their universes, of which Geno would be really against.
You gotta believe Geno is coming for Ridley because he "killed Mario."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know he is not a playable fighter, but Geno would absolutely detest Metal Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom