• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They only got 1 thing right

The Funko thing

And I like to mention that wasn't announced in a direct

The only reason we know about it now is because it wasn't announced in the direct

The others are things they didn't get automatically deconfirmed
They could still introduce more on the direct. It would also be a more notable introduction if it was in a direct, and the leaker likely does not now the Funko side of things, so they would not have known that Pikuchu would be introduced over a week before the direct. It has also been teased that there would be new things for Mario Kart coming up, so it is a mighty coincidence.

Edit: Also, KH3 is not Sony exclusive, it's on Xbox as well.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I mean, they already got three things kinda right.
Well, when I said wrong, I just meant things that could pretty much never happen, not stuff they literally have been incorrect about. Wrong in the off sort of way, basically.

Mostly the Mother 3/FF/Fallout stuff. I mean, I would love it to be true...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Mostly the Mother 3/FF/Fallout stuff. I mean, I would love it to be true...
With Fallout, you can not deny that Bethesda have been getting in on the Switch. They have Skyrim and Wolfenstein, why not Fallout? When it comes to Mother 3, there is not really anything I can say, but I just want to recall this article.
https://nintendosoup.com/reggie-i-know-fans-want-animal-crossing-switch-and-mother-3/
Maybe Mother 3 can now have it's time. Maybe, maybe not. Honestly, we can go around in circles about this whole thing, but we will only ever get our answer by waiting. Funny though, this leak has became such a huge topic in the K.Rool thread. It makes for nice discussion.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
With Fallout, you can not deny that Bethesda have been getting in on the Switch. They have Skyrim and Wolfenstein, why not Fallout? When it comes to Mother 3, there is not really anything I can say, but I just want to recall this article.
https://nintendosoup.com/reggie-i-know-fans-want-animal-crossing-switch-and-mother-3/
Maybe Mother 3 can now have it's time. Maybe, maybe not. Honestly, we can go around in circles about this whole thing, but we will only ever get our answer by waiting. Funny though, this leak has became such a huge topic in the K.Rool thread. It makes for nice discussion.
I expected it to blow up over there. K. Rool is involved in a leak that has had some things credited. That'd be enough to stir anybody up. I think it's a solid topic here as well, since this leak would give some credit to the Old Man leak, which has our good ol' boy in it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it's only a little over a week until we have confirmation on the leak

I remember some leaks had stuff months in advance and you just had to wait and wait

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, having a date that is near is nice. Makes it easy to know whether it is real or not. I'm kinda on the "some info is real but s/he faked others" bus. Doesn't matter, we are going to find out soon anyways. It's just nice to have some things to discuss.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Fair points. I guess I'm just skeptical on absolutely anything regarding Mother 3. Been burned on that a whole lot, lol.

But yes, discussion is the whole point of these things, in a nutshell. Like I said before, it's entertainment during the drought. My stance just happens to be on the opposing side of the debate.;)

I feel that the more grandiose things claimed in a leak, regardless of confirmed information, the less likely it comes off in totality. A lot of leaks like this will shoot for a sort of scattershot approach, and more than likely, will get some stuff right in the process. Also, by putting in stuff people will most definitely get excited about, like Mother 3, you'll get more people defending it just because they hope so (So so so...) much that it's true. Because it contains what you want to hear, it sounds more appealing, and you'll look for reasons to justify it's veracity.

But I do acknowledge Panic Button as a major point for a Fallout port, and I could even argue that Square Enix getting closer to Nintendo could lead to the FF7 remake. The thing I'm questioning is ALL of that, in addition to Mother 3, in the same direct? Along with Kirby in Mario Kart? A new Star Fox game? Cuphead? It's crazy. The logistics alone baffle me. Even if they could cram it all in, each segment would get practically no time at all, and there's no way they'd cut back something as big as the Mother 3 remake.

Whew...so how's that for discussion?:grin:

(By the way, this is only tangentially connect to Geno to begin with, lol. But it is enjoyable.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just finished Mario RPG

I think I'm the only one to have supported Geno without finishing Mario RPG, but if you haven't, get it. It's a bit easy, but it's hella fun.
Want it to be reeeeaaaaal easy? Give Peach the Lazy Shell.

An item which should be in Smash Bros the nullifies knockback until it goes away or something.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Want it to be reeeeaaaaal easy? Give Peach the Lazy Shell.

An item which should be in Smash Bros the nullifies knockback until it goes away or something.
Peach really breaks the game even without the Lazy Shell. I always use a combo of Mario and Geno and alternate between Bowser and Mallow for the last slot. I really need to do another playthrough soon and use Peach this time since I haven’t used her in at least a decade

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
Mario Geno Peach is the most broken lineup in the game.

Geno Boosted Mario and Peach with Boosted Ultra Jumps and Geno Flashes and group hug for the two times a battle where you'll be under half.

After one hour of grinding the rest of the game was pretty easy just doing that.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Mario Geno Peach is the most broken lineup in the game.

Geno Boosted Mario and Peach with Boosted Ultra Jumps and Geno Flashes and group hug for the two times a battle where you'll be under half.

After one hour of grinding the rest of the game was pretty easy just doing that.
Didn't someone make a hard-mode mod of the game a long time ago? If not, at some point, I hope someone does.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say Geno has the best chance of almost all 3rd parties of getting in the base roster, ironically because of his relative unknown-ness to the public at large.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
If Geno is in and Ultimate has a story mode with cutscenes, what crossover encounters would you like to see?

I'd really want to see Kirby and Geno meet up, with both of them being Star Warriors and all.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If Geno is in and Ultimate has a story mode with cutscenes, what crossover encounters would you like to see?

I'd really want to see Kirby and Geno meet up, with both of them being Star Warriors and all.
If my background character didn't give it away, I think Rosalina would make for great interaction with Geno. He is, after all, a star. Not to mention, the mythos in Mario kinda sorta maybe implies that Rosalina is like the goddess of their universe. Could she be the "higher authority" he was sent by...?

Probably not, but their interactions would still be interesting. xD

Edit: Also, come on... You gotta make a Fairy Godmother and Pinocchio allusion. It's a freebie.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
They shou
If my background character didn't give it away, I think Rosalina would make for great interaction with Geno. He is, after all, a star. Not to mention, the mythos in Mario kinda sorta maybe implies that Rosalina is like the goddess of their universe. Could she be the "higher authority" he was sent by...?

Probably not, but their interactions would still be interesting. xD

Edit: Also, come on... You gotta make a Fairy Godmother and Pinocchio allusion. It's a freebie.[/QUOTE

They should totally have it be Rosalina to bring Geno back.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

I'd actually really love to see how they'd handle interactions with his former party members--Mario, Peach, and Bowser. Their Smash appearances are all fundamentally different from their Mario RPG appearances, so I'm interested to see how they'd address this.

As for other characters...Kirby and Rosa, as mentioned above, would be interesting. Maybe some Meta Knight for tag-team awesomeness. And, just for fun, I'd like to see him deal with characters like Duck Hunt and Wario. Mostly because I have ZERO idea what they'd do with it. It's interesting to consider, lol.

Ooh, and Shulk, for some reason. "It's some kind of wooden Mechon!":p

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Kirby makes sense, same with Rosalina like Jazzy Jinx Jazzy Jinx mentioned. Just makes sense.

Also, wouldn't mind to see his interaction with Bowser, Peach, and Mario. That could be cool.

I would like to see him interact with Luigi as well. It would be nice to see. I really wish Luigi would have been in SMRPG anyway.

But, I would love to see Geno and Wario interact. Maybe Geno mistake him for Booster somehow? That would be pretty good.

EDIT: Also, hey, I was LCHSGoBigRed. But, now am Houndstooth, the handle I usually go by now!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Geno retconned a little to be the Knight of Rosalina

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
What about Geno retconned a little to be the Knight of Rosalina
Y E S. This is what I've always thought.

And about the leak, yeah usually they "predict" things pretty far off, but I'm afraid that the only reason it's getting any attention is cause it made a bold prediction that would happen within the month :/ if it's a lie it gives his "leak" a short life, but also more attention faster?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And about the leak, yeah usually they "predict" things pretty far off, but I'm afraid that the only reason it's getting any attention is cause it made a bold prediction that would happen within the month :/ if it's a lie it gives his "leak" a short life, but also more attention faster?
It has gotten much attention because it has got some things correct, or at least things are lining up suspiciously well to have it's claims be correct.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I just realized something. There's an overall music theme for the Smithy gang. It's used for the major boss battles, at the beginning of Smithy's first phase, and in the "invaded town" track. They all have the same melody line at one point or another. I honestly never noticed, lol.

How did I miss this for so long??:facepalm:

Edit: and it's in Smithy's second phase as well! Right at the one minute mark:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kirby makes sense, same with Rosalina like Jazzy Jinx Jazzy Jinx mentioned. Just makes sense.

Also, wouldn't mind to see his interaction with Bowser, Peach, and Mario. That could be cool.

I would like to see him interact with Luigi as well. It would be nice to see. I really wish Luigi would have been in SMRPG anyway.

But, I would love to see Geno and Wario interact. Maybe Geno mistake him for Booster somehow? That would be pretty good.

EDIT: Also, hey, I was LCHSGoBigRed. But, now am Houndstooth, the handle I usually go by now!
Well, he actually was in the game.

As the head of the parade from the ending.

At least the fans on Mario Fan Game Galaxy eventually gave him a custom sprite sheet...

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
A couple of other things that came to mind. The relationship is really good now between Nintendo and Square Enix. As I recall, with the release of octopath traveler Square has recently decided to make a division dedicated to making Switch games (probably from the team that made octopath). In the far reaching hopes of my mind a remake of SMRPG or something of the like would be wonderful to see... but if Geno comes to Smash there might be some kind of possibility for another serious nintendo/square partnership.

In referencing the old discussions about Geno. What is the general opinion of him having a voice? I always imagined him having a deeper voice, like not bass, but certainly not typical anime guy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That'd actually be cool if Geno appeared in Mario sports games as the partner to Rosalina like Mario to Luigi, Wario to Waluigi, and Daisy to Peach. The Knight and the Goddess

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Bass is a music term. it's typically considered to be the lowest range. (I'm not very musically knowledgeable so don't know if there is a term for a voice that is lower then bass) think a booming country voice, or the typical voice for large burly characters.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
That'd actually be cool if Geno appeared in Mario sports games as the partner to Rosalina like Mario to Luigi, Wario to Waluigi, and Daisy to Peach. The Knight and the Goddess
oh that would be awesome! :D
but yeah I'm totally down for the idea of Geno being Rosalina's loyal Knight.

as for voice that is an interesting question. since we have never really even heard his voice. not even the yelps like we would get from mario.
So I guess we'll likely run into an issue where there will be a lot of fans annoyed with whatever voice he does get. because in a game like that everyone would have their own interpretation of how they imagined the sound of his voice being. so even if he doesn't have full speaking lines there will still have to be some kind of voice for yelps and whatnot. but he is a more vocal character so I would like to see him be an actual talking character.

personally I always imagined his voice on the deeper side. not quite bass. maybe more baritone.
also what about his general inflection? because there is a lot more to the way a character talks then just the tone.

Daniel Lopes Lima

Smash Rookie
After reading through the interview between the two it seems like Sakurai and Nomura get along really well!
I'd dare say they started to sound like friends by the end of it.
logging in my head another excuse for why Geno's chances are good.
Who made these character icons that you used?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
oh that would be awesome! :D
but yeah I'm totally down for the idea of Geno being Rosalina's loyal Knight.

as for voice that is an interesting question. since we have never really even heard his voice. not even the yelps like we would get from mario.
So I guess we'll likely run into an issue where there will be a lot of fans annoyed with whatever voice he does get. because in a game like that everyone would have their own interpretation of how they imagined the sound of his voice being. so even if he doesn't have full speaking lines there will still have to be some kind of voice for yelps and whatnot. but he is a more vocal character so I would like to see him be an actual talking character.

personally I always imagined his voice on the deeper side. not quite bass. maybe more baritone.
also what about his general inflection? because there is a lot more to the way a character talks then just the tone.
I feel his voice would be confident, calm, and clear, with a certain levity--like he's well aware he knows more than you do, but he's not stuck up about it. He would sound like a thirtysomething guy who's got lifetimes of experience, but isn't afraid to laugh.

I sorta see him sounding like a non-British Dunban, overall. I'm trying to think of a real world example...I'll come back to this, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom