• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jade also carries a spear, so she'd probably replace Bandana Dee too

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I wouldn't trust this LeakyPandy guy, he's a bit more credible than loz at least but has a mixed record, where as Vergeben has a seemingly perfect record when it comes to Smash Ultimate, yet he doesn't even know if the box theory is true or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't trust this LeakyPandy guy, he's a bit more credible than loz at least but has a mixed record, where as Vergeben has a seemingly perfect record when it comes to Smash Ultimate, yet he doesn't even know if the box theory is true or not.
It's not an either or thing. This fits with what Verg said

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that Dragon Quest game like super recent? I can't see that happening at all, what with the project plan.

Maybe there's some joke I'm missing, but it seems like you're deliberately trying to think of worst-case scenarios, Even if you go full Verg and nothing else we still have a Square rep, and all signs for that point to Geno. Geno's odds for the base roster right now are definitely looking better than the other fan favorites like Isaac and Banjo.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I looked at the blog theories data. Seems at first that glance that if you add up all the things not shown yet we would have 3 extra dates available for new things unseen. But don't think they accounted for the 11+ assist trophies we haven't seen and whatever updates they will show for spirits mode, classic, and basically all the various things that still would be in the game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I have no idea whether or not this has already been brought up, but here's a Geno moveset concept from 2016. (BTW, it's not mine. I bring it courtesy of Delzethin.)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Mr Gentleman Mr Gentleman ...Is that Shining Ray from Custom Robo in your signature?

Also, what do you guys think Geno's taunts could be?

Part of me really wants "I server...a higher authority." to be a taunt line.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Hello! I'm coming from the Isaac thread to say I would like to add my name to the list! I personally believe Geno and Isaac will both make it, and I'm looking forward to the day we can both celebrate our characters in Smash!

TBone06

Smash Ace
Jade isn't a dancer and if there's gonna be a DQ rep it'll be Loto.
Honestly I'd be very surprised if we got a Dragon Quest character. I honestly just don't see it happening, even taking out my Geno bias. That goes for an additional Final Fantasy character too. Hard to say if any Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character performed at all on the Smash Ballot, but I don't think they would have had much of a presence. I think if Square gets another character, it's Geno. Period.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Honestly I'd be very surprised if we got a Dragon Quest character. I honestly just don't see it happening, even taking out my Geno bias. That goes for an additional Final Fantasy character too. Hard to say if any Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character performed at all on the Smash Ballot, but I don't think they would have had much of a presence. I think if Square gets another character, it's Geno. Period.
I don't disagree but if we were it'd be Loto.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Feeling really good about Geno, still praying for the boy in blue to make it in

Mr Gentleman Mr Gentleman ...Is that Shining Ray from Custom Robo in your signature?

I think Geno's taunts would be something like this:

Side taunt - Victory animation: Geno crosses his arms, and nods once, just like his victory animation in Mario Rpg

Up taunt - Laugh: Geno performs a laugh animation, like his laugh animation in Mario Rpg

Down taunt - Cape swipe: Geno lifts his left arm and throws his cape over his shoulder, dusting it off

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hello! I'm coming from the Isaac thread to say I would like to add my name to the list! I personally believe Geno and Isaac will both make it, and I'm looking forward to the day we can both celebrate our characters in Smash!
Same here, Isaac is one of the characters on my wishlist along with Geno, here’s hoping both of them make it in :grin:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

Not sure which ray it is but it's one of them. personally I'd prefer the Ray 01 model since the gamecube game was my first and favorite. one of those super long shot characters that I wish was a real possibility.

whoa weird to think I don't see Geno in that same vain anymore. but instead as one of the most likely picks... what a day it is. maybe wishes can come true!

as for taunts I think everyone agree's the Nod is the most obvious choice. I also really like ShroomEL's idea about using the laugh! man would that be amusing to use on people xD as for the third think it would be fun if he did something where he played around with his weapons. maybe show off a little ;)

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Vergeben did say it was another SE rep, but would Geno even represent Square Enix? This is not to discredit his possibility to get in, I’m just wondering how much of Geno is a Square Enix character rather than a Mario character.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Vergeben did say it was another SE rep, but would Geno even represent Square Enix? This is not to discredit his possibility to get in, I’m just wondering how much of Geno is a Square Enix character rather than a Mario character.
Enough to be hidden away with Nintendo not allowed to do anything with him despite Square not using him either.

EDIT: Since I don't want to be banished by LST, I'll put this here.

I just realized this: if Geno makes it into Ultimate, that means...GENO AMIIBO! LEGIT NINTENO GENO MERCH Y'ALL!

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
well he would since Square owns the rights to him. also I'm guessing how the info would have leaked through was hearing about some kind of work going on with the company. like they heard contact was being made with them. hense why he first got the info of "A square character" and not just the straight name of them. Verge has subtly hinted at it being Geno though to someone asking it. but probably hasn't elaberated because he saw that hint as a mistake. but realized deleting that reply would draw attention to it.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
While Geno is owned by Square, he very much resembles the Mario character style. I guess he would represent Nintendo's and Square's past history, but I think Geno would better represent Square, as he has gained a large enough popularity to represent Square in Smash, alongside Cloud.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
While Geno is owned by Square, he very much resembles the Mario character style. I guess he would represent Nintendo's and Square's past history, but I think Geno has gained enough popularity to represent Square, alongside their Cloud.
Honestly, having him represent Nintendo and Square's past history would be perfect.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
well he would since Square owns the rights to him. also I'm guessing how the info would have leaked through was hearing about some kind of work going on with the company. like they heard contact was being made with them. hense why he first got the info of "A square character" and not just the straight name of them. Verge has subtly hinted at it being Geno though to someone asking it. but probably hasn't elaberated because he saw that hint as a mistake. but realized deleting that reply would draw attention to it.
Where has he hinted at Geno? I don't remember him ever hinting at anyone other than the fact it was a Square character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking of the best case scenario and in order for verg and lp to both be correct and us still get Geno is if the box theory is wrong and the dlc character is not dragon quest

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Ah, that makes more sense. Vergeben was smart with keeping things rather secretive as to not risk his integrity.

While Geno is owned by Square, he very much resembles the Mario character style. I guess he would represent Nintendo's and Square's past history, but I think Geno would better represent Square, as he has gained a large enough popularity to represent Square in Smash, alongside Cloud.
When it’s put that way, it’s clear that Geno represents something special about Square and Nintendo.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What's this about replacing Shantae with another dancing character huh??

Actually, that character seems really cool. I like Dragon quest too.
What's been leading people to think about her?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I was thinking of the best case scenario and in order for verg and lp to both be correct and us still get Geno is if the box theory is wrong and the dlc character is not dragon quest
I think you’re a little too gullible when new leaks come in my man. LP hasn’t given us any reason whatsoever to believe him for this game so try not to get ahead of yourself. He’s just coming in in the final stretch here and making claims that can’t be proven right/wrong for a long time. He’s barely worth more thought than a random 4chan text leak at this point. As we’ve seen with LOZ18, some people just want their 5 minutes of fame right now

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Ay I noticed I wasn't on the list, put me on. Been a fan of old Geno for a while.

Also:
at that point you're just aiming to upset fanbases.
This sounds like a fun idea, each person adds more ways to drum up hate.

Give Jade Majora's Mask and a hand blaster

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I think you’re a little too gullible when new leaks come in my man. LP hasn’t given us any reason whatsoever to believe him for this game so try not to get ahead of yourself. He’s just coming in in the final stretch here and making claims that can’t be proven right/wrong for a long time. He’s barely worth more thought than a random 4chan text leak at this point. As we’ve seen with LOZ18, some people just want their 5 minutes of fame right now
exactly. and with the timing of it it leaves them pretty safe from harrassment because people will be too busy hyping over release happening the next day. it's an easy claim to make without getting into too much trouble.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just re-read the leaky pandy thing and it's definitely dragon Quest 11 they are talking about

kylexv

Smash Master
I honestly can't recall if I've posted here yet, since Geno currently sits at one of my most wanted. And that surprises me.
Add me to the support list if I'm not there already.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy is 10% credible at best. They even closed their old Twitter account, and while they make it known as to what account it was, you can't see any of their old stuff on it.

Their sources, if they have any, give information that's worth crap.

Until the awards come and a new SE character is announced, or Skull Kid actually is a boss for whatever reason despite his small size making him a good choice for a fighter, there's no reason to give them the time of day.

Also, the DQ stuff is speculation in the tweet's replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom