• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
"He's boring! He's from an old, dead game! Why do you want this irrelevant character? He's clearly not important enough to make base. DLC if you're really lucky."
Can't wait for all these spats to be utterly BTFO'd when Geno or Isaac makes it in. One of them is in, I feel it. I can't decide which yet, but it's one of them.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Something interesting I wanna talk about, are there any famous Smash professionals that wanted Geno to be in Ultimate?

So far I found out that Nairo and MVD wanted Geno.

I saying this because Nairo or any famous Smash professionals maining Geno in Ultimate competively will make me feel really happy since..I am more of a competitive player than a casual really.
ESAM is a big Geno fan too

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
With Shovel Knight and Krystal gone...I only got Geno/Isaac/Banjo left but I really wanted Geno more.

I hope that neither Geno, Isaac, Banjo will be deconfirmed as AT.

With the rumors, leaks, and speculation, I am both Pessimistic and Optimistic for Geno, but toward the former a bit more.

Still, me being pessimistic doesn't mean that I will lose any hope for him but I will try to keep my spirits high for Geno. We will pray that our Legendary Puppet will make to Ultimate in the final direct!

View attachment 165072
I don't think they would make any of them assist trophies. if they are not in as characters they would save them to be DLC fighters later on. no use wasting that potential expecially when now because of the ballot they know how popular they are.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just talked about that in the Isaac thread a little. It might be the Box Slayer, but, like the box, we're just missing too much info. Man do i hope it's the box slayer though
It has a TON more info going for it, specifically solid confirmed info, in comparison… unlike that box theory. To me, it has already slain it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The more I think about the situation with Geno and Isaac (and somewhat Bandanna Dee too), the more I find that I can’t see Sakurai just not including them in some capacity. Even if they were sent to snowglobe jail, wouldn’t those have been key reveals to have done earlier in the hype cycle so as to not disappoint fans. He’s done a lot of that already (and every assist trophy section makes my heart jump, so I guess he could have held out for the last Direct...) and those two/three are the biggest characters I know of in long standing request and speculation that haven’t shown up. We know they’re highly requested fighters, and we’ve seen a ton of support, so where are they?

I mean is it really possible that with as much going for Geno for once that he’d be left out? Making the Brawl dream that is now legend not come true.

I mean the answer is yes and I’ve been suffering my own amount of negativity regarding the end of this Smash’s hype cycle recently (I probably should just take a break honestly), but it just doesn’t make sense to me. Isaac either...

My dream ideal situation at this point is that in October we get a Pokémon general Direct hat reveals Incineroar (Just because that seems to be happening, I’d rather Decidueye or lots of Pokémon) and then our final Smash Direct is bookended by the likes of Isaac and Geno. That would be a hell of a final reveal for the fans and give pretty much all of the majorly supported since Brawl their spots on the roster. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable idea, but it is pretty damn hopeful on my part I feel.

I don’t know, Geno especially feels like he should be a lock at this point, even with my bias influencing that and me acknowledging that. And I’d be completely shocked if neither he nor Isaac get in as playable... but damn is this negativity hard to shake.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Just take the Snake reaction and you're gold.
"I'M STILL IN MY DREAM!!! I'M STILL IN MY DREAM!!!"

I really hope Geno's revealed now cause D1's reactions are the most powerful reactions, and Geno's may make him achieve a new level.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I didn't think i would ever or wanted to ever involve myself in a discussion regarding Smash bros in the most known forum for said series but here i am. Besides that.

As a lover of game history and the industry as a whole i would come to love Smash and what it means to each console generations as it proceeds it. It's creator always thinking and trying new things to keep his mind fresh.

To me Smash means as to be a Museum of History, A odd one at that but still, A Museum of Nintendo and later the whole Gaming Sphere, But with the best of history comes the sadness of History. Like the loss of Sega as a console giant, The rapid increasing and dwindling fragility of the R.O.B Trojan Horse and well.

Square's split from Nintendo at their prime, Both hitting massive strides during the 16-Bit Generation with fierce creative projects that are culturally beloved today. Now see, I've always been happy to see a new character in Smash Bros as it is a additional part of history and essence of the developers hard work put to limelight and really that's the beauty i see in Ultimate.

I'm gonna wrap it up since i'm starting to sound like a fancy snub but pretty much, I feel like Geno being added to Smash would represent Square Enix and Nintendo finally placing their hands on the table once again. Even if History as shown that they have worked with them since the Gamecube days, But it was never the same as their close bonds from the early days.

So i'm supportive of Geno for those reasons, also i like the game and he's coolio. but that's besides the point i guess.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9gqnwp/blog_theory_predicting_a_character_count/ So this just got put up on the General Thread awhile ago...
I like this a bit better.
I've considered this too since the 3 a week average seems very deliberate. 26 times 3 is 78 and we're currently at 70. This then begs the question, how come Inceniroar, Ken, and the mystery Square Enix character are the only ones known? The answer is that it's likely that they all are featured in trailers. I've thought about it awhile and a super likely scenario is that Inceniroar and Ken share a trailer, because Ken is the only echo that's been known beforehand. The premise is probably Ryu vs Inceniroar, oh no Ryu's on the ropes and then Ken busts in with his fire Sure-You-Can to save Ryu. This lines up with how the successfully leaked characters all had their trailers. This also points to the Square Enix character being unique and not an echo.

So, some things to consider: this knocks off three characters but doesn't necessarily mean all the remaining ones are echoes because, as we've already seen, K. Rool was a blindspot. This could also imply that the Square Enix character's trailer features multiple characters too, as Richter was yet another blind spot. So, while it's still out there that at least 2 of the hypothetical 8 would be totally unique, this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be true because I have a really difficult time believing we have 5 unknown echoes to fill in the rest of the gaps. Maybe 3 tops including Ken but 5 seems like a stretch, even if a part of their purpose is to pad the roster. Either way, there's still DLC to consider too.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I've considered this too since the 3 a week average seems very deliberate. 26 times 3 is 78 and we're currently at 70. This then begs the question, how come Inceniroar, Ken, and the mystery Square Enix character are the only ones known? The answer is that it's likely that they all are featured in trailers. I've thought about it awhile and a super likely scenario is that Inceniroar and Ken share a trailer, because Ken is the only echo that's been known beforehand. The premise is probably Ryu vs Inceniroar, oh no Ryu's on the ropes and then Ken busts in with his fire Sure-You-Can to save Ryu. This lines up with how the successfully leaked characters all had their trailers. This also points to the Square Enix character being unique and not an echo.

So, some things to consider: this knocks off three characters but doesn't necessarily mean all the remaining ones are echoes because, as we've already seen, K. Rool was a blindspot. This could also imply that the Square Enix character's trailer features multiple characters too, as Richter was yet another blind spot. So, while it's still out there that at least 2 of the hypothetical 8 would be totally unique, this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be true because I have a really difficult time believing we have 5 unknown echoes to fill in the rest of the gaps. Maybe 3 tops including Ken but 5 seems like a stretch, even if a part of their purpose is to pad the roster. Either way, there's still DLC to consider too.
Interesting thoughts. It's also worth noting that the creator of the theory is being pretty generous either way with the remaining inclusions--If I remember reading it right, he said it could be as low as 4 or as high as 10, considering possible variations in the schedule. So basically...we're right back where we were before, at 5 or 6 more including echoes. Or possibly less.

Really, all this theory does is prove it's unlikely we're only getting 2. Which stacks up with the 108 stages info. At the moment, it feels like we're back to a comfortable neutral optimism level, after the whole box debacle. Anything is possible, and I like that.

Personally, I'm thinking the next direct will match the last one on the number: 5 fighters. But I'm flip-flopping on whether the echoes or newcomers will have the majority. Could go either way.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Three Echos and three unique fighters seems like a plausible outcome and I think this is the safest bet. Even moreso than Geno, I have a very hard time seeing Shadow miss the base roster based on everything we know like how we already have Dark Pit and Dark Samus and how his AT absence is very conspicuous. I'm also seeing Dixie because of how they've been treating Diddy and how Diddy and Dixie were originally planned as an Ice Climber like duo in Brawl, fitting snuggly into the theory that she'll be a Chrom-esque echo. It's a tall order but I do think a third character trailer is possible too, again, based on how Nintendo miraculously kept K. Rool a secret. My guess? Isaac or a Zelda rep like Skull Kid or Tetra as a semi-clone of Toon Link. As I've said before, characters like Banjo and Shantae scream DLC to me.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys I have a question for you Geno fans. If he gets in would you class as part of a new series or under the Mario umbrella? Just want to find out what the general census is

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I very much support Geno! He's probably the most unique Mario character and I'd love to see Mario get something original for once.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Three Echos and three unique fighters seems like a plausible outcome and I think this is the safest bet. Even moreso than Geno, I have a very hard time seeing Shadow miss the base roster based on everything we know like how we already have Dark Pit and Dark Samus and how his AT absence is very conspicuous. I'm also seeing Dixie because of how they've been treating Diddy and how Diddy and Dixie were originally planned as an Ice Climber like duo in Brawl, fitting snuggly into the theory that she'll be a Chrom-esque echo. It's a tall order but I do think a third character trailer is possible too, again, based on how Nintendo miraculously kept K. Rool a secret. My guess? Isaac or a Zelda rep like Skull Kid or Tetra as a semi-clone of Toon Link. As I've said before, characters like Banjo and Shantae scream DLC to me.
I agree with this. I think Shadow being missing from all of this is suspicious. I think he (on paper) is the safest choice we have left. Even though everything leans towards Ken, Incineroar and Geno, I still think Shadow is the most likely. I think we still could get two directs before the launch date. Of course that’s a maybe. We will see though. It’s nice to see people are still hopeful.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey guys I have a question for you Geno fans. If he gets in would you class as part of a new series or under the Mario umbrella? Just want to find out what the general census is
I would say under Mario. It makes sense in the long run. But I agree, give him a custom victory jingle akin to SMRPG. Would be perfect.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I would say under Mario. It makes sense in the long run. But I agree, give him a custom victory jingle akin to SMRPG. Would be perfect.
Yeah his victory theme should be when you defeat an enemy or level up and then the victory theme keeps on playing like Cloud's does.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Another question related to predicting Geno’s design in Smash, what alt costumes would you like to see? And which ones do you think could happen?

link2702

Smash Champion
Another question related to predicting Geno’s design in Smash, what alt costumes would you like to see? And which ones do you think could happen?
Someone’s mentioned it a few times, but definitely gotta have a mallow color scheme alt.

Also though someone mentioned how maybe make all his alt costumes have different varieties of wood finishes for his body as well, and i loved that idea.

But mainly I feel he needs at least one mallow color scheme.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
There was a mockup I liked that involved him having colors based on various other characters from Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi.

I'm talking Mallow, Vivian, Fawful, Dimentio, etc. Would be a good tribute to those who came after.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I also like the ideas based on the capes from the game as well you can equip for Geno. There is space for two more since the Mega Cape looks pretty much the standard.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Sorry this is long, but there were so many things to answer, and apparently I can't write a history without getting wordy. Spoilered so you don;t have to read the walls of text you don't want to.

The theme showing off all the characters shortly after the title screen(sorry too tired atm to look it up) I personally think that should be a piece in it, either remixed or original. Could even be his trailer theme as it could work.
I think that's Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure: https://youtu.be/xFnwioqAbks?t=1s

The theme of mushroom way
The Road is Full of Dangers: https://youtu.be/xFnwioqAbks?t=9m49s

The theme of bandit’s way.
Still, The Road is Full of Dangers (cute, Shimomura, I see you): https://youtu.be/xFnwioqAbks?t=16m04s

I can’t remember the official names of all of them and too tired now to google em, but I’m sure folks here know which pieces I mean...
;)

just make sure to like the OP and you'll be added eventually :]
on topic: what was it that made you guys warm up to geno? specifically anyone who was initially against his inclusion? id like to know the story about your change of heart.
AWWW YEAH! LET'S GET IN AN ANGEL THAT CAN SLAY BAYO BAYBEEEE!

I feel like this is the time to explain my history with Geno and SMRPG, but mine isn't nearly as interesting as some of you guys who learned about him through Smash groups and hubub online. I simply played the game not long after it released...I think.

My childhood memory is very spotty and I'm bad with time and dates, but I remember playing SMRPG twice in my life before being an avid fan: The first time was when I was younger before I had gotten my own N64 because every kid gotta get them Mario games. I vaguely remember forcing my way through fights by trial and error, thinking Geno was super cool and wanting to hug Mallow when he cried, and something about a set of trivia questions I couldn't answer and thus couldn't progress (because I didn't know the answer and neither did mom so you know, that means nobody knows when you are young. Also, I've been a rather honest lad and never thought about trying each answer until I got them right. Hell, this whole trivia thing might be in my head. EDIT: Wait, was that the Quizmaster? AM I NOT CRAZY AFTER ALL?!) Eventually I got an N64 and Super Mario 64 claimed my life, as it did for many others. This may have been the time I made that tape (details later on) but I'm not sure.

The second time was sometime in the summer of 2004, 2005, or 2006. However I remember Pokemon Fire Red was still the craze and the Nintendo DS was still relatively new with not much on it yet, plus YouTube wasn't a world-wide phenomenon yet, so it had to be 2005. (I like how my best way of telling the date is by video game and pop culture landmarks. Also, kids, this was a time when us pre-teens and teens were getting our emo and edge on with MySpace before FaceBook even become public and when we used Limewire to give our computers AIDS just to listen to the likes of Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, PussyCat Dolls and etc. on our MP3 players which would soon be Ipod Nanos. Yeah, I know, it was like the Wild West back then, XD.)

Anyway, I was with my mother for the summer in North Carolina and I didn't have any other systems to play, so I was playing Super Nintendo in my bedroom when I got bored of Super Mario World and Looney Tunes B-Ball, so I was looking through my collection of SNES titles that my mom always kept and I found this game that struck a chord with me, but I couldn't remember why: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. So I popped it in, and I saw I had a previous save file, but I started a new one and OH BOY did I stay up late that night. I was fortunate it was summer, as I spent a now-unhealthy amount of time trying to get through this game as fast as possible, because my brain was like 'Isn't there this cool dude in a forest or something' and 'Wait, can't you play with Bowser and Peach on your team in this game?' and 'Wait, isn't there a bad guy who is a fat crow, and one who throws bombs, and a guy who makes clones of you' so I had to get farther and remember this game. It was such an amazing experience playing the game again that it was hard to do anything else, despite my mom's best efforts.

Anywho, it was either one of those times that I used a VHS to capture footage of my SNES (not sure how I could have gotten the footage on a DVD at the time, but if it was possible I didn't have the equipment for it) and did what would have been amazing back in the day if I could have gotten it online: I essentially made a tape showing off all the cool stuff about the game. I recorded the entire intro to the game first, and then recorded myself running around different map areas, talking to different people, showing how the battle system worked (showing off timed hits vs non-timed, showing off all the spells, showing the scarecrow and mushroom debuffs among others)...heck, I even put in some boss battles and funny interactions, and you better believe I had the waterfall, river run, and minecart minigames. It was essentially an advertisement of the game, and my whole idea behind it was 'Dude, I bet no one even knows about this game and that sucks, I have to show people how awesome this game is!' I lost the tape over the years, but my love for the game never died.

Insert I think May of 2007, and the Brawl website started dropping updates every week. We already knew about Snake, and the rumor mill had begun: Sonic, Megaman, Ridley, K.Rool, and yep even our boy Geno. Fake leaks, fake images, you name it: what we have now for Ultimate started back in 2007, and everyone was just as excited then as they are now. I remember the internet exploding when Sonic was announced and how fake images of Geno were everywhere on the web and I remember thinking "Wait...OTHER PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT GENO?! Omg, if we tell the people making Brawl how much we want him, they will totally put him in!" I never used the Brawl site very much, but I talked about it on other forums a bit, though it never happened. It didn't both me much though, as I was in a weird state: my religious parents (dad and step-mom) decided vidjya games were bad for me so I could only play at home for an hour, most of my pals played Melee instead, and I honestly was both behind the times since my parents didn't support my hobby with new systems (meaning I was stuck with a GBA, DS Lite that would become a DSI XL later on, and a PS2) and I had moved on to play PC games like Combat Arms and MMORPGS while playing my PS2 occasionally. I still played SMRPG on emulators, watched speedruns/playthroughs via YT vids and later Twitch, tried to talk to friends about it (but it turns out I was right, no one knew him). Heck, I think I even sent Square an email at some point, telling them to make good with Nintendo and either make SMRPG 2 or at least do something with the world they made and the characters we love. I really loved that game, but with most things it got a bit lost in the shuffle of life...but I never truly forgot about Geno, though I did forget his name.

Then Smash for WiiU dropped and I had to have it, with people only playing at my house since we hit that age where everyone has their elitism in regards to the best Smash game. I had a lot of fun with it, but I never once had anything about the announcements of the game (which I stuck by their website much closer this time around) strike me in a way that felt like a character I loved but long forgot could make it...then April 2015 happened, and the Smash Ballot dropped. I remember losing my mind at the fact that we got to VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHARACTER! So of course, I went in to vote myself. "I'm totally voting for Waluigi: I've loved him since Mario Tennis but Nintendo hasn't, so he needs to be playable in Smash. He could still have his stomp and racket, but also some dance moves and maybe moves referencing Mario Golf, Mario Strikers, Sports Mix and 3 on 3 Hoops...wait a second, I'm missing something here. I feel like there is someone I want more than Waluigi, but I can't remember his name. He was blue, and he's really old... {insert flashback of everything I've listed above thus far} OH MY F***ING GOD, GENO! WE COULD FINALLY GET HIM IN SMASH!" I remember writing for a good solid 45 minutes in the section about why he should be in, making sure not to miss any good reason and checking my spelling and punctuation over and over. When Cloud was announced, it didn't mean much to me because I was a Nintendo boy up until PS2 so I never (and still really haven't) played FFVII, but one thing clicked: Cloud was the biggest and best choice they could have picked to rep Square Enix, and if Square Enix was okay with all this content happening plus some Final Fantasy games coming to 3DS, then Nintendo and Square were starting to patch things up...and I was elated. I didn't think we could still get Geno in Smash 4, but I knew that this would bode well for the future of these two companies that were once so incredible and worked together so well.

Then, it happened: The Final Smash 4 announcement that brought Corrin and Bayonetta also brought Geno...as a Mii Fighter costume. As Maximillian_Dood and many others expressed, there was disappointment to be had, but my tinge of disappointment was overcome with genuine shock and happiness. "Wait...WHAT?! THEY REMEMBER HIM! THEY ACKNOWLEDGED HIM!" I was so surprised at the fact that he was shown in any form that I was happy for just a costume. I've never moved so fast to throw my money at a costume in my life (the last time I threw my money at Nintendo like that, it was after watching ten minutes of Alpha Sapphire gameplay on Twitch, in which I immediately broke the speed limit to GameStop and bought a brand new 3DS along with Alpha Sapphire and Smash 3DS), the idea that the more Geno costumes are bought the more Sakurai would know not only how grateful fans were for even acknowledging us at all, but also maybe improving his chances for the next time around.

The rest is present history: Ridley and Daisy proved that Sakurai was listening to fans and using the Smash Ballot as a reference, and the August Smash Direct locked it down pat.

I'm curious: Does anyone have that one character who could ever make up for a lack of Geno? I think I only have one, and a look at my screen name probably reveals who it is. XD
Sadly no, Geno is the only character I care about. That said, I've often said that if not getting Geno meant that everyone else could get their characters, I'd take their happiness over mine every day of the week.

Mallow colors, maybe colors that reference bosses likes Punchinello, Bowyer, Belome, Mack etc, and if we do not get a Paper Mario/Mario&Luigi rep then some colors that rep those series.

On another topic, what three pieces of music from SMRPG would you all want remixed in this game?
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is a given, but I feel like Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure has a big chance of being his gameplay reveal music. Add in all the battle themes (Fight Against Monsters, Fight Against A Somewhat Stronger Monster, Fight Against An Armed Boss) and I think that's about what we may get.

As for what I WANT...battling to a remix of Welcome! Yo'ster Island!/Let's Race!, And My Name Is Booster, and Dolcaty Mountain Railroad would be fricken dope.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Would it be too cringy for us Geno supporters to use 'Hold Y for Power!' as our chant for both rooting for Geno to be revealed and for cheering for Geno mains in tournaments, should he make it?

Feels perfect to me.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9gqnwp/blog_theory_predicting_a_character_count/ So this just got put up on the General Thread awhile ago...
I like this a bit better.
Yea it’s not bad using math to figure out and the mean

Oh you know what it fits my missing predictions

Unique
Incineroar
Skull kid
Bandana dee or Isaac (both would be better)
Geno

Echo
Ken
Shadow the hedgehog
Dixie kong (she did not dodge the echo bullet just yet)
Black knight or whatever echo

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
It is really hard for me to imagine Geno not being in this game when Ridley and Krool are in only due to fan demand, Square Enix is involved, Sakurai wanted him playable in Brawl, and Sakurai gave his mii costume a splash screen in the final Smash 4 direct. Out of all the potential characters, he is by far the most likely and the only one that I can say is a slam dunk to be in based on that. Yeah yeah no character is guaranteed and I shouldn't be so sure and set myself for dissapointment blah blah, but I'd be really surprised if he is not in.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
as I see it we have at the very least 1 more large smash direct to go. either in october or november.
we now likely know everything about the main smash mode besides some final characters and maybe stages. but we have a whole lot still to learn about when it comes to basically every other mode. according to the pattern they have been using for reveals they would be starting and ending the direct with a reveal. in the worst timeline one of those reveals is just spirits mode, but if they use a reveal on that it means it is a full on subspace with cut scenes and all. but if it isn't that big than it's just gonna be shown alongside everything else and instead we'll start with incineroar + Ken and end on Geno so the decent timeline

If we get any kind of Incineroar + Ken reveal in october and it's not in the big direct than we are on track for what is probably best timeline. they will be on the box as predicted but there will be mystery characters not in any promotion because november they will have to start making all the packaging to prepare for launch. and then in november we'll get our final direct and that will have 2 more unique reveals (maybe 3 if we are lucky) along with an assortment of echoes. this will be a our big blow out to get everyone hyped to go buy this game next month. Geno will be in this direct. but depending on who else is with him he may or may not be the final reveal. basically if Banjo is in Banjo will be final reveal. if not it's Geno.

although the box set for switch plus smash being sold november 2nd makes me curious. they might want to do their final direct in october if they really think they need to extra push to sell that product (which honestly we don't. we know those are gonna fly off the shelves already black friday) or if something about how they put the download in it will be vulnerable to data mining. also that is making me curious if we may end up getting an early release..... but could be a stretch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LeakyPandy are saying that the DLC character is going to be revealed at the VGA's and is going to be from a series that's in the "Best of" catergory

If that is our SE rep, it's probably going to be from Dragon Quest

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
LeakyPandy are saying that the DLC character is going to be revealed at the VGA's and is going to be from a series that's in the "Best of" catergory

If that is our SE rep, it's probably going to be from Dragon Quest
LeakyPandy isn't on the same level as vergeben. and the idea that nintendo planned that far out and somehow knew who was gonna be getting an award is absurd. also the award show is on december 6th. day before release. when people are gonna be going to midnight sales. also nintendo doesn't do these big of announcements at other peoples things, they like to have full control over them. DLC shouldn't even be this far in the works at this point with how Sakurai feels about DLC (I should really get into this further later) and for not everybody watches an event like that. so a lot of the smash fans would miss it. does Japan even care about the VGA's? doubt it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If it's Dragon Quest, I'd like to see Slime, simply because it's a slime and I've never played those games. I'm aware that's probably a joke rep, though.

However, I prefer Geno.

LeakyPandy isn't on the same level as vergeben. and the idea that nintendo planned that far out and somehow knew who was gonna be getting an award is absurd.
Agreed; Leaky is even mentioning they may have concerns with it not winning or something, which is why it's so dumb.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LeakyPandy isn't on the same level as vergeben. and the idea that nintendo planned that far out and somehow knew who was gonna be getting an award is absurd.
Verg said there was going to be a SE character

Dragon Quest is still a SE series

Edit: And I think it's specifically going to be this girl

dragon-quest-1127391.jpg

Which I think will make Shantae fans mad

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't trust LeakyPandy, though; they generally get everything they say wrong, except for the March direct date and maybe something about Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

Still waiting on that Luigi's Mansion Kingdom DLC for Odyssey :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't trust LeakyPandy, though; they generally get everything they say wrong, except for the March direct date and maybe something about Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

Still waiting on that Luigi's Mansion Kingdom DLC for Odyssey :troll:
I think they are right about Skull Kid though with the box leak happening and everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom