• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
That is exciting but.... Are there any holidays in japan right now or any events that make guessing Wii Fit Trainer not all that hard? Sometimes the blog does things like that. (Think the Moon Assist trophy)

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Sorry to randomly tag you in a thread... but I was thinking you'd be the best person to ask my above question. =)
My suspicions were accurate. Today is Health and Sports day in Japan. This was an educated guess. We can put it to rest.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'm not familiar with The Big House tournament, so I wasn't paying attention to it. Anyone who is/was, has it ended yet? I had a feeling there was potentially an announcement coming from it, but obviously I could be wrong.

EDIT: Got the answer. Unfortunately nothing. Ah well. Still hopeful for something this week.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My suspicions were accurate. Today is Health and Sports day in Japan. This was an educated guess. We can put it to rest.
Well yeah, but how many characters are actually put up on holidays, etc. on the blog.

People guess that sort of thing all the time and are wrong

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, but how many characters are actually put up on holidays, etc. on the blog.

People guess that sort of thing all the time and are wrong
The Moon is one. but I think there actually has been multiple cases of things like this happening. honestly I'm with Darkfur this is in the ground. also something like the next days blog update is far too weak of a call to really take seriously in my opinion. Like it could have even been just someone who found out about the post happening through a glitch of the site or being a lower level employee working on translating these posts doing something silly like this to mess with people

Yeah Big House only has interviews left on the stream. and that isn't the time to do an announcement so rip. probably was advertised on the site just because it was a place you can play the demo. with the info indicating an announcement is likely to be soon has us all on edge waiting for something.

maybe we are just gonna have to wait till the 10 or 11th. hopefully something actually does happen then.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
For me it was always Lemmy. He looks all crazy and I always liked how you get Hammer Suits from his world

His boss battle was also different with those balls he tosses around. He's never really been difficult though
Lemmy's my favorite too, and for the exact same reasons. He is my default Bowser Jr. Alt in all versions of 4, though sometimes I'll go Iggy as well. I'm just beyond glad they're there, otherwise I would never have accepted Jr.

As for the leak issue, I'm on the side of predicting Wii Fit being no big deal. There are only so many vets left to reveal on the blog, so the chances of a leaker getting it right simply by guessing go up each week. It's an easy way to snag some credibility.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434278926/smash-leak-with-proof

Thought I would put this up

And here’s the scary part

It got the next blog character correct it is indeed wii fit trainer
Wow... If this one ends up being true, I won't be surprised, especially with how limited it's selection is. Huge RIP to Isaac if so thiuthough. :'(Also, Wii Fit Trainer could of been a lucky guess, but... I dunno. It's crazy they got that right. It's the first time some "leak" has gotten the blog character update right too if I can recall correctly.
EDIT: Nvm, saw the above comments. Would've been an educated guess because of Health and Sports day in Japan.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
don't believe these written 4chan leaks. But hopefully Geno's name gets spread far enough that if he somehow doesn't make it into the base game he'll be a shoo-in for DLC

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
As much as I would love him to be in the game by any means DLC or no, I'm hoping he gets in the base roster so if Spirits mode is a full single player story, our man Geno is apart of it.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I watched BH8.

Being a Melee lover (not an elitist btw), the top 8 is pretty good although Mang0 and Leffen choking is a let down. GF is something you would expect in a Melee tourney, Jigglypuff vs Fox scenario. HBOX wins and Plup placed 2nd.

After HBOX win, the stream reveals....

Nothing! No suprises at all! The stream ends!

Pretty disappointed but makes alot of sense. Sure Big House is the top 3 biggest Smash Super Majors alongside Genesis and Evo but unlike Evo, Big House isn't THAT significant outside of the Smash community while Evo is a super bowl of fighting games.

Still, at least Nintendo sponsored BH8.

Well, wait and find out at this week to see if there is an announcement of some kind!

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If this turns out to be fully correct, then we got Geno in the game :grin: but also if it is, I hate it for the Isaac and Shadow fans. :ohwell:
To be fair, and some have pointed this out, they could have predicted wii fit trainer, because it's a health holiday in japan.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Wanted to bring this over here to share with the lot of you.
Me, Kero! Kero! , and Lord Tobias Lord Tobias put our heads together and collaborated on a little something in anticipation for Ultimate and seeing our boy again. Hopefully you guys enjoy.

genothronefinalsigned.jpg

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If this turns out to be fully correct, then we got Geno in the game :grin: but also if it is, I hate it for the Isaac and Shadow fans. :ohwell:
I couldn't care less about Shadow fans tbh. Would be sorry for Isaac tho

Lord Tobias

Smash Rookie
Hello! My name is Tobias Benevactor, an artist and a fellow Geno supporter. Might not be active a whole lot, but I’m looking forward to being a part of this community nonetheless! As you can probably see Slender just tagged me, so figured I’d introduce myself.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah today is Health and Sports Day and is a national holiday.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Me, Kero! Kero! , and Lord Tobias Lord Tobias put our heads together and collaborated on a little something in anticipation for Ultimate and seeing our boy again. Hopefully you guys enjoy.

View attachment 168676
That is awesome, good work, guys. :grin:

Hello! My name is Tobias Benevactor, an artist and a fellow Geno supporter. Might not be active a whole lot, but I’m looking forward to being a part of this community nonetheless! As you can probably see Slender just tagged me, so figured I’d introduce myself.
Welcome to the Geno support thread, the more the merrier. :)

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 168676
that's pretty awesome! although I can't help but notice the Kingdom hearts looking symbol at the top of the throne.
like is that prepared as a jab to Sora? Like "what's that you say? Geno stole Sora's spot? why yes, yes he did. thanks for the comfy chair. sorry not sorry Sora, but Sakurai loves me more than you."

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate add me to the Geno support list!

Things are really looking up for Geno, he already made his presence known as that Mii costume.. Compared to Sora I believe he would actually come first since Sora has that Disney thing on his back.

Surely Square will announce a character and I believe it truly is Geno, oh and a bit of storytime for ya'll.. Geno would be a character that reminds me of those good ole video rental days, 5 games, 5 nights plus some candy.. Rented Mario RPG for the first time and thats when I first saw him and decided hey I want this this game.. Got the game beat the game 100%, which is actually probably the only game I did that with, and still to this day Mario RPG is one of my best games I have ever played so I would love to see Geno in.

Oh and Mallow might make a appearance too.. Maybe.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

View attachment 168676
Wow, this is so amazing! Great job you guys! Hoping I can get my Geno art on here sooner or later as well, just haven't figured out how to do picture posting yet.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If Geno doesn't end up making the base roster do you guys think he'd have a chance as DLC?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
And I finished my final goal in my replay of Mario RPG and beat Culex for the first time! it was actually a treat hearing all that final fantasy music in a mario game :D also felt it fitting that Geno ended up landed the final blow. December hurry up and get here! and please give me my blue puppet boy for christmas!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wow, this is so amazing! Great job you guys! Hoping I can get my Geno art on here sooner or later as well, just haven't figured out how to do picture posting yet.
I only just learned the easiest way to post pics--just hit the "attach files" link next to "post reply," and then upload it right from the device you're on. After you select the files, it'll ask if you want a thumbnail, or to show the whole image in your post.

And that's It! No image hosting or anything required. Not sure if there's a file size limit, though. Hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing your work!

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
We got called out in a 4chan thread linked here. Says we're supposed to see Geno leaked, with it showing up in our thread first.
Honestly I think it's some bull, but let's see if something actually goes down.

1535329648179.png

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Looks like that leak was accurate in the prediction for Wii Fit Trainer being on the Smash Blog, Then again it was an easy prediction anyway due to the reasons y'all already listed, so remain sceptical.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Some guy on 4chan just made a post about leaking Geno on this thread. Probably nothing, but hey, there’s always that off chance...

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Love seeing the Geno fan art. If any of you use Instagram, search the hashtag #geno, and there's new fan art everyday. It's incredible!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I’ve finally listened to goodbye Geno and...

Man that song hurts.
Sad and sweet, ain't it?
I remember this and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening being the first two games that I really was not ready for the ending of. Of course, at the same time, I was a kid, so games having an emotional pull like that was absolutely new to me.

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Sad and sweet, ain't it?
I remember this and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening being the first two games that I really was not ready for the ending of. Of course, at the same time, I was a kid, so games having an emotional pull like that was absolutely new to me.
It is!
But at the same time, it sounds kind of hopeful, ya know? As if we might see him again someday. And with how things are shaping up, we might.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Some guy on 4chan just made a post about leaking Geno on this thread. Probably nothing, but hey, there’s always that off chance...
Me looking for the leak he said he was putting on this thread:
F4B8C755-34E1-46DE-ACD1-8AB9EBF704BF.gif

We got called out in a 4chan thread linked here. Says we're supposed to see Geno leaked, with it showing up in our thread first.
Honestly I think it's some bull, but let's see if something actually goes down.

View attachment 168702
That pic of Geno with the Jojo text reminds me of this Stand, Ebony Devil which oddly enough has a puppet form:
792E7BA0-6EE7-45ED-97DE-65FE164D5DA9.gif

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey guys, got some news for you. It appears an image of Geno is circulating around someone who has "legit" pictures of a magazine with Smash info.

Link to 4chan source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434462563

Picture of Geno:

Could be fake.
Fake, posted earlier in the general discussion board, the person who made it eventually came out and admitted it. Though imo it was obvious from the start. Way to blurry, and the rainbow road textures and models look way to poor quality for the switch, looks like a smash3ds screenshot tbh.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fake, posted earlier in the general discussion board, the person who made it eventually came out and admitted it. Though imo it was obvious from the start. Way to blurry, and the rainbow road textures and models look way to poor quality for the switch, looks like a smash3ds screenshot tbh.
Ah. Thanks for the clear up.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hey guys, got some news for you. It appears an image of Geno is circulating around someone who has "legit" pictures of a magazine with Smash info.

Link to 4chan source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434462563

Picture of Geno:

Could be fake.
It appears fake. The inceneroar hand from one of the the other images is a render done by Justin Jaro on Behance.

EDIT: Oops, didn’t see Link2702’s response. Disregard this.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Yeah like I said the other day I’m fully convinced we’re not gonna have geno leaked after thinking about what verg said more. Nintendo will reveal him when they’re ready. No square employee is gonna put their job on the line leaking him. So unless it’s another esrb or Nintendo goof, we’re not gonna know till his trailer is officially revealed. So I’d just assume every leak is fake on him for now

D

Deleted member

Doubt the post means anything. But anything concerning Grno is good.

Let's hope for an announcement with him in it soon

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
No square employee is gonna put their job on the line leaking him. So unless it’s another esrb or Nintendo goof, we’re not gonna know till his trailer is officially revealed. So I’d just assume every leak is fake on him for now
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ESRB guy get sued by Nintendo after the whole leak came out in the open? I doubt any Square employee is gonna want to risk losing their job, nevertheless risk a lawsuit by a huge corporation.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Been a while since I was last here. Any major updates?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom