• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know what peachette was

But I looked it up and it adds this really weird thing to the Mario lore

Like peach was just some kind of evolved Toad this entire time

I am not going to sleep tonight
Her being named "Princess Toadstool" makes much more sense now

I really think denial is the best option here :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1536901410061.png

Who's next?

I'm sorry to say I don't think Chocobo is making it

Dan

Smash Lord
Geno and Skull Kid are definitely the most recognizable; it doesn't really mean anything either way, but Skull Kid wasn't the Mii costume. It was just Majora's Mask.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 164088

Who's next?

I'm sorry to say I don't think Chocobo is making it
I wouldn't say Tails is deconfirmed just yet. The Green Hill Zone appearances are too minor (and we have Knuckles in an AT role plus presumably still on the stage). Viridi is also up in the air.

Geno and Skull Kid are the likeliest two of the ones remaining. I also wouldn't sleep against another Namco rep like Lloyd or Heihachi. The rest I think are unlikely.

But with the exception of the Castlevania duo, the newcomers so far have all been an AT, Mii costume, or boss. Lots of characters getting promotions out here, and it's something definitely worth keeping track of.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When was Viridi deconfirmed? Did that 3DS Kid Icarus Uprising stage return and show off Viridi still?

Not that I really want her (only character in that pic I really want that isn't deconfirmed is geno)
Yeah, It's not like you can just Alfonzo her away from the stage

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
hey I had a random thought. that smash version of the switch is coming out November 2nd. and it's coming with a download code for the game. but my question is will they expect people too hold onto that code until release or will they let you predownload the game with it?

because I imagine it being a problem where some people could lose that code if they have to wait to use it.

but if they do allow for a pre download. than surely dataminers could get all the info on the game. which Nintendo should be aware of by now.

so do you think it could be possible we would get a smash direct october and it actually ends up being the final one for the game before launch?

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
hey I had a random thought. that smash version of the switch is coming out November 2nd. and it's coming with a download code for the game. but my question is will they expect people too hold onto that code until release or will they let you predownload the game with it?

because I imagine it being a problem where some people could lose that code if they have to wait to use it.

but if they do allow for a pre download. than surely dataminers could get all the info on the game. which Nintendo should be aware of by now.

so do you think it could be possible we would get a smash direct october and it actually ends up being the final one for the game before launch?
I'm pretty confident you'll just be able to redeem the code and it will add it to games you've purchased on the eShop. Then when the game/preload becomes available, you can go to your purchase history and download it from there. You won't be able to actually DOWNLOAD anything right away.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what if that 4chan post that guessed a solo Isabelle unique newcomer reveal is true? I't bumming me out immensely. And we still have almost 3 months until release.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Guys, what if that 4chan post that guessed a solo Isabelle unique newcomer reveal is true? I't bumming me out immensely. And we still have almost 3 months until release.
It's not true. It's piggybacking off both Vergeben and that Dante leak from /v/, which I think has been disproven.
Isabelle was already a safe pick, and Vergeben didn't know whether or not Isabelle was an echo or not. They just got lucky. Plus, if we're trusting Vergeben, that leak would've had an SE rep in, so it's pretty much false.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
of the characters on that list Geno, Lloyd, and skull kid feel like the only real options. the fighting game characters were made just to go along with Ryu. I think Rathalos basically deconfirms monster hunter. and I think Chrom took the last FE spot (just this hunch that after all the hate Sakurai mostly wants to avoid too many new FE characters)
I agree. I think ryu already fits the theme as a traditional martial arts fighter, so they got that out of the way for sure.

I really wouldn't mind the Black Knight though, as ive always, ALWAYS wanted a heavily armored General from FE, as I just personally think they look cool and would be much different from everything else we got that's FE related. unfortunately ive lost all my patience with FE after all of the dainty regal sword-lords we got (mainly roy, Lucina, and chrom), robin is okay, though I would have preferred a PURE mage. seeing corrin only made me think they were trying to sell their game in smash bros after only being released a wee 6 months prior, and despite being pretty unique, rubs me the wrong way (even to this day).

and I know ive said this before (and im sorry for sounding like a broken record), even when new Mario characters are introduced, they at least have some varying designs and very different gameplay mechanics that set each of them apart from one another. Geno would be unique 100% no doubt about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In the event that Geno gets in, I hope someone makes a comic or cartoon about Gaz growing up and finally seeing Geno again. I know me, Psycho, Tbone, KCChief, etc have been around since the Brawl speculation days and we all probably played SMRPG for the first time when we were about Gaz's age and are now in our late 20's/early 30's. That's why I think Geno will be one of, if not the most emotional reveal because so many of us that grew up with the game are now adults and yet have wanted him to come back for 22 years.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
News from Verg

He apparently has the name of the SE character now. But he's not sure if he can trust the source.

If Verg is legit, we possibly could find out if it's Geno.

If he doesn't name Geno, it's still possible he's not legit....lol.

"I heard a name from someone recently as to who it might be, but it came from someone claiming to know it along with "confirming" other information that I had heard.
They might just be trying to fool me into believing what they are saying so that I say it to mess with me and try to harm my credibility so I'm not going to say who they claim it is until I get responses back from my sources that point in a direction proving whether or not there is anything to what they are saying. "

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77000204?page=1

---

Could Verg be the chosen one? The prophet?
VERY EXCITE.

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
In the event that Geno gets in, I hope someone makes a comic or cartoon about Gaz growing up and finally seeing Geno again. I know me, Psycho, Tbone, KCChief, etc have been around since the Brawl speculation days and we all probably played SMRPG for the first time when we were about Gaz's age and are now in our late 20's/early 30's. That's why I think Geno will be one of, if not the most emotional reveal because so many of us that grew up with the game are now adults and yet have wanted him to come back for 22 years.
That's a smart an amazing idea. I've grown up to SMRPG as one of my favourite Mario games, if not my favourite. It just makes me wonder why I came here so late with such an amazing community.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I was expecting Isaac, then I saw all of the Square stuff and thought I was going to see Geno for sure, but nope.

Feel bad for you dudes, that was a huge tease lol

As for color schemes would be cool to see some square references, black mage, cactaur, moogle, etc.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was expecting Isaac, then I saw all of the Square stuff and thought I was going to see Geno for sure, but nope.
I know! That Square Enix segment was nuts. I was practically sweating during the rolling announcements and I thought to myself, "if this is leading up to Geno in Smash or Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Switch, I'll probably crap my pants so hard that the neighbors will think a severe thunderstorm is going on."

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Yeah I started chanting for Geno at that point but still really cool that we're getting loads of FF on Switch, will definitely try some of them when they come out.
Still though I take it as a good sign for us. Here's to the next direct.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree, I am in the same demographic. I also recognize you from the official Nsider Nintendo messsge boards

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
News from Verg

He apparently has the name of the SE character now. But he's not sure if he can trust the source.

If Verg is legit, we possibly could find out if it's Geno.

If he doesn't name Geno, it's still possible he's not legit....lol.

"I heard a name from someone recently as to who it might be, but it came from someone claiming to know it along with "confirming" other information that I had heard.
They might just be trying to fool me into believing what they are saying so that I say it to mess with me and try to harm my credibility so I'm not going to say who they claim it is until I get responses back from my sources that point in a direction proving whether or not there is anything to what they are saying. "

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77000204?page=1

---

Could Verg be the chosen one? The prophet?
I have to admit it will be a bombshell if he dishes out a specific name. The rollercoaster continues.................. we shall keep an eye out on this one.

link2702

Smash Champion
Someone mentioned this in the Isaac thread that I would never have caught since I’ve never played a gs game, but apparently throughout start of the direct golden sun music was playing.

A while before the direct started i was curious if maybe we’d get an rpg character focused direct, the reason was because since torna released today, I figured they’d have a surprise reveal of rex and pyra, along with geno and Isaac. It’d be a way to please both our fan bases while also promoting Nintendo’s newest rpg.

As we all know that didn’t happen, but now I’m wondering if something like that IS possible for the next smash direct? After all, the gs music seemed to be teasing Isaac fans, and we all here felt like geno was getting teased with all the ff games being shown at the end of the direct.

What if this was a bit of subtle trolling by sakurai before the next smash direct where Isaac and geno fans get their wish?

Edit: nvm, apparently he was listening on a third party stream which had gs music playing

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I have to admit it will be a bombshell if he dishes out a specific name. The rollercoaster continues.................. we shall keep an eye out on this one.
Oh man. He shouldn't have even said this until he knows the character.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Someone mentioned this in the Isaac thread that I would never have caught since I’ve never played a gs game, but apparently throughout start of the direct golden sun music was playing.

A while before the direct started i was curious if maybe we’d get an rpg character focused direct, the reason was because since torna released today, I figured they’d have a surprise reveal of rex and pyra, along with geno and Isaac. It’d be a way to please both our fan bases while also promoting Nintendo’s newest rpg.

As we all know that didn’t happen, but now I’m wondering if something like that IS possible for the next smash direct? After all, the gs music seemed to be teasing Isaac fans, and we all here felt like geno was getting teased with all the ff games being shown at the end of the direct.

What if this was a bit of subtle trolling by sakurai before the next smash direct where Isaac and geno fans get their wish?

Edit: nvm, apparently he was listening on a third party stream which had gs music playing
I have no idea where this GS music stuff is coming from. That must have been a fan stream because the official Nintendo one has no music. There's never music before directs.

link2702

Smash Champion
I have no idea where this GS music stuff is coming from. That must have been a fan stream because the official Nintendo one has no music. There's never music before directs.
It was, I edited it in my original post after I found out. He was watching from a fan stream.

I’m still thinking we could have a smash direct with an rpg character focus though to reveal em....

gebi

Cloud Prince
I believe we will get 3 more unique characters and 3 more echoes. Maybe 1 or 2 less but no more then that.
Those characters being:
Geno
Isaac
A Pokemon (most likely Inciniroar)

Shadow
Ken
Dixie

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man. He shouldn't have even said this until he knows the character.
Verg has a name of a character, he just doesn't want to share the name in case the person is purposely giving him false information

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Idk about Isaac chances yet but Geno's has become more likely than ever!

Not only that the Vergeben leak is on point rn, but the Mii Costume theory has become more prominent alongside SE showing love to Nintendo by adding FF games to the Switch. Combined with Fan Request and Sakurai liking him, Geno making it in seems more likely than ever. I am happy about it!

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't even imagine Square refusing Geno, they seem more open than ever.
Anyway, even though i was kinda disappointed at first because I'm not a big fan of Isabelle and because I though her trailer was kinda lazy, I'm now happy that she's in. Also, it was predictable to see her for a general direct, that was the good move from Nintendo. I think they keep the big boys for a Smash Direct. I'm pretty sure there would have been a huge backlash if they revealed Isabelle during a Smash Direct. Revealing her now, in a general direct was the good call.

Sure, her inclusion as a unique fighter means one less spot, but to be honest, I think Geno is still really likely. In my opinion, Geno and Isaac are the most likely alongside the new Pokemon (who's a lock at this point).

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I'm actually just curious what kicked off inciniroar being the main one? Not knocking it, just wondering why him.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I'm actually just curious what kicked off inciniroar being the main one? Not knocking it, just wondering why him.
Vergeben. He mention that a Pokemon rep will be in Smash that is not Mimikyu nor Decidueye. With Mimikyu being deconfirmed and Isabelle, Ridley, Simon and many Characters such as Ics and Snake confirmed, Vergeben's predictions were near on point. With many of his predictions being correct, many assume Incineroar will make it in.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Verge said that Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc weren't playable, and Loz leaked a PM between him and Verg where Verg said that a few of his sources had said that Incineroar was playable.

link2702

Smash Champion
Seeing as we’re all pretty sure Isaac and geno are locks by now, just got this curious idea...

How would y’all feel if after smash ultimate is released, geno and isaac fans have a friendly tournament? Seeing as both our characters are rpg fan favorites, and seems many of us are rooting for each other’s characters to also make it in, Why not have a tournament if they’re both confirmed?

We technically could do this for a lot of the confirmed newcomers, though I feel splitting the groups up might be easier to manage, ie, rpg fan favorites tournament, then maybe new villains tournament, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom