• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Do not worry guys, we still have hope for Geno!
Many characters that turned to Mii Costumes from Smash 4 has changed as either an AT or a Unique Fighter!
  • Knuckles is AT
  • Zero is AT
  • Ashley is AT
  • King K Rool is a Character
  • Chrom is a Character
  • Isabelle is a Character
  • Takamaru is AT
  • Hunter has Ratholoes as AT
  • Inkling is a Character
  • And many more as AT!
November or October will be the year of Geno! I believe!
View attachment 163991View attachment 163992
Yes, this, to me just makes it undeniable. It's had to have been planned out since then, and to me this is foolproof. I'm not worried that Geno won't get in. I'm just excited to see how.

And Yay Isabelle! And Yay Animal Crossing for Switch!! I like Animal Crossing. :bee:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, what do you guys think about the whole Peachette thing? I am pretty sure the Mario lore community is losing its mind right now trying to figure this out.
Peach has always been several Toadette's in an oversized dress.

This is the only canon I accept. :estatic:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know what peachette was

But I looked it up and it adds this really weird thing to the Mario lore

Like peach was just some kind of evolved Toad this entire time

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Hey, what do you guys think about the whole Peachette thing? I am pretty sure the Mario lore community is losing its mind right now trying to figure this out.
I think it's best to disregard it. I don't think it's official lore or anything.

...however i've come to the depressing realization that "Peachette" is going to become a mainstay in the Mario spinoffs... Meanwhile there's a huge backlog of Mario characters from the RPGs, Mario 2, Wrecking Crew, Wario's Woods, Wario Land/Ware, and more that have zero chance of being in any Mario games.
I will never feel any amount of hype ever for the character rosters in Mario spinoffs.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I am not going to sleep tonight
Haha that was kind of my reaction to it! Thankfully not to invested, but seriously...WHAT IS PEACH!? What is she hiding!?!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Her being named "Princess Toadstool" makes much more sense now

link2702

Smash Champion
Well i mean peach’s full name was princess peach TOADSTOOL, so is it really that much a stretch for her to be a walking fungus just like toads?

Dan

Smash Lord
Yes, this, to me just makes it undeniable. It's had to have been planned out since then, and to me this is foolproof. I'm not worried that Geno won't get in. I'm just excited to see how.

And Yay Isabelle! And Yay Animal Crossing for Switch!! I like Animal Crossing. :bee:
I'm still scared; if he gets revealed as an AT it'll be a nightmare.

Skull Kid, Karate Joe and Isaac have been hinted at; Ken is the last of the Vergeben characters and I'd be surprised if Shadow doesn't get in. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared after today's Direct; it was a step away from "ballot characters", but Isabelle was a necessary "evil" we had to get out of the way at some point.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I'm still scared; if he gets revealed as an AT it'll be a nightmare.

Skull Kid, Karate Joe and Isaac have been hinted at; Ken is the last of the Vergeben characters and I'd be surprised if Shadow doesn't get in. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared after today's Direct; it was a step away from "ballot characters", but Isabelle was a necessary "evil" we had to get out of the way at some point.
Vergeben is confident that we'll get a 2nd SE rep though. As long as it's Geno, we're safe.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Rosalina is just a Luma with a Power Up

Maybe Luma's and Rosalina are related to the Star Spirits and Geno

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Here's something really bizarre; my three favorite games are SMRPG, Kingdom Hearts and Mario 64, and I'll be pissed if Sora gets in over Geno. I don't even want him in the game.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see Sora happening at this point anymore, because of this.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77000204?jumpto=32#32

Geno's biggest contender for SE rep is pretty much out of the ring.
I want a source for that third point the guy brough up

Is the Square employee the person that said the Heroes and Villains leak was fake? Because he never specified if Sora was the fake one on the list. Geno and Mallow were on that list as well

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I want a source for that third point the guy brough up

Is the Square employee the person that said the Heroes and Villains leak was fake? Because he never specified if Sora was the fake one on the list. Geno and Mallow were on that list as well
Masked Man, right? Not the same one.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

I am not going to sleep tonight
This is so true. I was watching the direct at work and even my coworker stopped and we shared the most horrorstricken look of confusion.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Hmm, what about the Final Fantasy characters? Dragon Quest characters? Lara?

There is a couple of issues that Geno may need to cross before entering to Smash.
Remember that interview with Sakurai where he chose Cloud specifically because he thought he'd represent FF as a whole? https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/

As for DQ or Lara, I'm not that sure about them but I'm sure Geno probably got over them in the ballot. Only one I was worried about was Sora.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we can find out Sora is not in, AND that a Square character is getting in, it raises Geno's chances dramatically.

He'd only have to compete against a Dragon Quest character

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Remember that interview with Sakurai where he chose Cloud specifically because he thought he'd represent FF as a whole? https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/

As for DQ or Lara, I'm not that sure about them but I'm sure Geno probably got over them in the ballot. Only one I was worried about was Sora.
I do like Sora but I feel like he should be DLC instead. SE is an obstacle for Sakurai to make Sora playable, but with Disney...oof. Trademarks and tons of steps were needed to make this character playable.

Geno is own by SE and Nintendo. 50% 3rd Party and 50% 2nd Party. Putting Geno in is much more likely than Sora since Sakurai could simply ask permission to SE and Nintendo instead of long steps by Disney.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
If we can find out Sora is not in, AND that a Square character is getting in, it raises Geno's chances dramatically.

He'd only have to compete against a Dragon Quest character
... and a Final Fantasy character. As unlikely as it is, it's still a possibility they make one of them a Cloud echo.

But the fact of the matter is, if we do get another Square-Enix rep, 10 times out of 10 I would bet on Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
... and a Final Fantasy character. As unlikely as it is, it's still a possibility they make one of them a Cloud echo.

But the fact of the matter is, if we do get another Square-Enix rep, 10 times out of 10 I would bet on Geno.
The FF symbol is smash is specifically FF7. So it'd have to be a FF7 character

I'm putting Geno and Dragon Quest above that options.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
The FF symbol is smash is specifically FF7. So it'd have to be a FF7 character

I'm putting Geno and Dragon Quest above that options.
If there is no FF characters outside of FF7, there is another roadblock: Sephiroth as Cloud's Newcomer?

He is a FF7 character and he fits well with the overall villain theme alongside K Rool and Ridley. Sephiroth is literally one of the most iconic villain in video game history and if there is any character who can add to FF7, its gotta be him...

As much as I love to shrink down the SE rep to Geno, it still have some holes that MAY contradict Geno.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If there is no FF characters outside of FF7, there is another roadblock: Sephiroth as Cloud's Newcomer?

He is a FF7 character and he fits well with the overall villain theme alongside K Rool and Ridley. Sephiroth is literally one of the most iconic villain in video game history and if there is any character who can add to FF7, its gotta be him...

As much as I love to shrink down the SE rep to Geno, it still have some holes that can contradict Geno.
Possibly, I'm just not considering that option very likely

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607

I honestly don't think it's him. He could be a potential contender, but a likely one? Probably not.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I don't buy any so-called "villain theme." Ridley and K. Rool got in for being highly requested, not for being villains. They aren't adding characters to fill some arbitrary villain quota.
I don't think we have much to worry about. If Vergeben is to be believed and SE is getting a newcomer, it's almost guaranteed to be us. Only other likely option at this point is Zack, and he'd be an Echo Fighter.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
View attachment 164082Heres the costumes left that have yet to be revealed in some other form be it character or trophy.
If the Mii Costumes into Characters are true, I could see a Hunter, Geno, Heihachi. Maybe, Lloyd or Black Knight.

Jacky and the guy with the white headband (Didnt know the name) is unlikely tho.

Also, where is Tails??

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 164082Heres the costumes left that have yet to be revealed in some other form be it character or trophy.
of the characters on that list Geno, Lloyd, and skull kid feel like the only real options. the fighting game characters were made just to go along with Ryu. I think Rathalos basically deconfirms monster hunter. and I think Chrom took the last FE spot (just this hunch that after all the hate Sakurai mostly wants to avoid too many new FE characters)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that one of the icons leaked in the Switch 6.0.0 thing was a SNES one… if SNES titles get confirmed eventually and one of them is mario rpg and geno is announced as well that would make a lot of sense… just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom