• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Skull Kid would be nice. And he actually was fairly popular in the polls. Not absolute top popular but he did make the charts.

But mostly I just wanted an excuse to post that pun
It was a well-crafted pun, lol.

And Skull Kid would most certainly be pretty darn cool. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite Zelda, and he has endless moveset potential. And calling down the moon as a final Smash? I'd put him in for that alone. I just don't think he's very likely, what with the limited spots and all.

Now I kinda want him, though...I can imagine a neat reveal using Young Link, and maybe an event match with the two. It only just occurred to me that YL helps his chances. Hmm...

Anyway. Geno. He sure is in tons of leaks--not to mention leeks.:p

Geno Boost

Smash Master
oh i havent shown a 3d model in a long time but i guess i have to show off something
few months ago i challanged myself to fully model Axem Red in just one day and i successfully did it and i was few minutes behind the next day

also few more renders
it matches almost perfectly with the original design

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
oh i havent shown a 3d model in a long time but i guess i have to show off something
few months ago i challanged myself to fully model Axem Red in just one day and i successfully did it and i was few minutes behind the next day
These look very familiar... GenoForSmash? :denzel:

Something I wanted to say pertaining to leaks is this: Even if parts of a leak were proven true, that doesn't mean the entire leak is 100% confirmed. Almost nobody had Simon Belmont on their rosters until the Vergeben leak came to fruition. People are taking the leak as bona fide. Jump back to the days of Sm4sh speculation, specifically the Gematsu leaks. Even though they got a lot of things correct, there was still a few things that weren't. So, while things may have been predicted, we still have no 100% certainty until it's confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It was a well-crafted pun, lol.

And Skull Kid would most certainly be pretty darn cool. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite Zelda, and he has endless moveset potential. And calling down the moon as a final Smash? I'd put him in for that alone. I just don't think he's very likely, what with the limited spots and all.

Now I kinda want him, though...I can imagine a neat reveal using Young Link, and maybe an event match with the two. It only just occurred to me that YL helps his chances. Hmm...

Anyway. Geno. He sure is in tons of leaks--not to mention leeks.:p
Well, Zelda arguably deserves a newcomer given how much it’s been screwed by Smash. Someone who isn’t a Link, and with Midna and Ghirahim out, he’s about the most likely candidate other than Impa (who I’d hate to be an Echo despite how much that has cropped up recently). They both have killer movesets in Hyrule Warriors I would love to see more of in Smash.

Actually Skull Kid would go well with Geno in terms of supporting the one game underdogs that people love to say are impossible, so I’ll support him even more alongside our beloved doll.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, there is the distinct possibility of Hilda from Link Between Worlds given the incarnation of Zelda chosen and the fact not one of her alternate color palletes match.

domriver

Smash Lord
For all these leaks i have read all of them have a few things in common.
The Majority not ALL but the majority of the leaks include King K Rool, Geno, and Simon Belmont for the most part. They are acting like these 3 or at least 1 of these 3 are a safe bet. The rest is pure fantasy and/or other random pics. I don't know. Come on Nintendo time for another reveal! Just get Geno and King K Roll out of way. jejejjeje

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, it's crazy how some threads took off after E3. The Geno thread grew much bigger, and the Ashley thread is determined to overtake the K.Rool thread in length with how fast it is moving. I can only assume that depending on the next reveal, the threads are gonna light up like a Christmas tree.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Historically, the finalized rosters got lambasted when they were leaked, showing a seemingly absurd lineup that turned out to be true. In that sense, this is definitely closer to reality than most.

I'm still glad that Punch-Out would get any other boxer as playable, even by being an echo.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Historically, the finalized rosters got lambasted when they were leaked, showing a seemingly absurd lineup that turned out to be true. In that sense, this is definitely closer to reality than most.

I'm still glad that Punch-Out would get any other boxer as playable, even by being an echo.
That's because Sakurai always picks at least one character that pretty much nobody asked for or wanted, and then makes us like them. He seems to greatly enjoy the salt from this. He feeds on it, lol. I honestly believe some of his picks are made simply to defy expectation, whether or not he himself even likes the character.

And I agree about Punch Out! I would love to see Aran Ryan, if only for his outrageous quotes. "You got cheeseburgers in those gloves, haven't ya, Mac?" Classic. I could easily see a bunch of "Sakurai Humor" by using two boxers in the Boxing Ring.

Speaking of the Boxing Ring, I want Geno's title to involve his real name. Or have it just BE his real name only, so anyone who doesn't know will just be like, "wha...?"

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
You know, it's crazy how some threads took off after E3. The Geno thread grew much bigger, and the Ashley thread is determined to overtake the K.Rool thread in length with how fast it is moving. I can only assume that depending on the next reveal, the threads are gonna light up like a Christmas tree.
Or you know maybe one of them will be revealed as a character and become their own sub form ;)

Speaking of the Boxing Ring, I want Geno's title to involve his real name. Or have it just BE his real name only, so anyone who doesn't know will just be like, "wha...?"
oh that would be so perfect! xD

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
i just saw this

why in the world would geno be a echo his attacks look nothing like mii gunner
Having Geno as a Mii Gunner echo would be the biggest slap in the face. I mean, sure, he's in, but it's basically what we had before. He's just got a real face now.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There is no way that Geno would be an echo fighter for the Mii Gunner. They only have at best minor similarities, and I know Sakurai wouldn't do that to him given how he wanted Geno in the game.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Ever since echo fighters were announced, people seem to think ANYONE could be an echo fighter. It's really stupid actually. I feel like we'll get Dark Samus and Isaac/Matthew and that's probably it. Sakurai cares to much about Smash to just throw an unfitting moveset onto a character.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
For all these leaks i have read all of them have a few things in common.
The Majority not ALL but the majority of the leaks include King K Rool, Geno, and Simon Belmont for the most part. They are acting like these 3 or at least 1 of these 3 are a safe bet. The rest is pure fantasy and/or other random pics. I don't know. Come on Nintendo time for another reveal! Just get Geno and King K Roll out of way. jejejjeje
Yeah this please.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
...That list has Knack on it
I watched his other rating videos, and the only character to get higher was a dark Samus echo. Geno was one he rated as one of the highest. Of course, he did rate K Rool at 50%, which I think is fundamentally misguided...

It's all just opinions in the end. I'm just happy yet another person--and a British person at that, who would be unfamiliar with Geno--thinks that highly of his chances.:)

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Lot of traction from the alleged Funko leak lately. Excited for the announcements if true, but I just don't believe it quite yet. It would be good to see the K. Rool fans celebrate, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lot of traction from the alleged Funko leak lately. Excited for the announcements if true, but I just don't believe it quite yet. It would be good to see the K. Rool fans celebrate, though.
Didn't the old man leak say that K Rool and Dixie would come at the same time?

The person may just be piggybacking off that leak

And some of the stuff they predicted in the direct is a little absurd.

Not to mention Pokemon has already revealed a Let's Go trailer featuring most of the stuff the supposed new trailer in the direct was supposed to show.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Not to mention Pokemon has already revealed a Let's Go trailer featuring most of the stuff the supposed new trailer in the direct was supposed to show.
Possibly on the Old Man leak. I haven't been keeping up with the leaks. Way too many to try and discern. Once one predicts something correctly, then I will probably backtrack and take a look at what else was predicted. More likely when they finally get something correct.

Yeah, a lot of it seems absurd to me. FFVII mainly. Seems like Sony would pay to have that exclusive. Could just be a timed thing, who knows.

Not sure what the leak was claiming that the Direct would show. Mainly focused on the Smash characters and weird 3rd party games that were mentioned.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

Let's recap what the leak got right so far.

- Nintendo Funko Pops (Probably the most left-field prediction)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC? (This one isn't entirely confirmed, but a recent statement shows updates are planned in the future.)

Not a lot, but the Funko pop one really stands out to me.

Is there a repository of these leaks? The leak thread never seems to be updated. Where can I find the Funko leak?
There used to be a spreadsheet that was updated frequently, but it's recently gone private.

Here's the entirety of the Old Man leak.
OK Kiddies, see if you can figure this one out.​
July: The characters “King” and “Ponytail” will be revealed in a mini direct​
August: The character “Old Man” will be revealed at years EVO​
September: The character “Archer” will be revealed in a direct of some kind​
October: The Characters “Warrior” & “Secretary” will be revealed in a Smash Ultimate focused Direct.​
November: The character “Mech” will be revealed in a surprise character announcement​
The other characters: The Characters “Rhythm” “Folklore” “Doll” and “Prime Ribs” won’t get reveal trailers until post release.​
So yeah, it was said that they'd be revealed in tandem. The only difference is that it's a Direct Mini. The Funko leak says it's a full Direct.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC? (This one isn't entirely confirmed, but a recent statement shows updates are planned in the future.)
They also stated we would be seeing Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym, all location we have not really seen. How could they have known that by now we would have seen Misty?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The combination of Mother 3D, both a Sony Exclusive and Microsoft Exclusive coming to Nintendo, and both Mega Man and Sonic revealed content to (Multiplatform) games on Nintendo's direct before anywhere else is a little hard to swallow.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The combination of Mother 3D, both a Sony Exclusive and Microsoft Exclusive coming to Nintendo, and both Mega Man and Sonic revealed content to (Multiplatform) games on Nintendo's direct before anywhere else is a little hard to swallow.
Cubhead is'nt even a Microsoft exclusive, you can get it on Steam. Microsoft cares little for exclusivity it seems. Mega Man has a notable history with Nintendo, especially when it comes to the classic series, and Sonic has been very Nintendo friendly for a long time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cubhead is'nt even a Microsoft exclusive, you can get it on Steam. Microsoft cares little for exclusivity it seems. Mega Man has a notable history with Nintendo, especially when it comes to the classic series, and Sonic has been very Nintendo friendly for a long time.
It's still a Microsoft Windows exclusive through steam though

But I did find something interesting when checking what platforms could play it

http://time.com/4123150/cuphead-preview/

"Cuphead is lifetime exclusive on Xbox for the console space, but in the PC space it’s going to be on every platform we can. So we’ll launch on PC and look into Mac and Linux thereafter."

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Cubhead is'nt even a Microsoft exclusive, you can get it on Steam. Microsoft cares little for exclusivity it seems.
Yeah, Microsoft is now putting all of their 1st Party games on PC as well. Usually, they go through the Windows Store, forcing people to use it. However, they went with Steam for Cuphead. Basically, it is still a Microsoft Console Exclusive, and, if you ever watch Sony or Microsoft's presentations, they make sure you know it is their exclusive, console or otherwise.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's still a Microsoft Windows exclusive through steam though

But I did find something interesting when checking what platforms could play it

http://time.com/4123150/cuphead-preview/

"Cuphead is lifetime exclusive on Xbox for the console space, but in the PC space it’s going to be on every platform we can. So we’ll launch on PC and look into Mac and Linux thereafter."
That is interesting. I will say though, that was over two years ago, plans can change. I don't think Microsoft was expecting to have the relationship they now have with Nintendo.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yeeeah...no way. Not buying that leak at all. The Direct would have to be longer than the E3 one to squeeze all that in, and let's remember: they couldn't even get anything but Smash in the last one (pretty much.)

Plus, I just finished watching the Sonic stream, and they were very emphatic about no future content for Mania. Not conclusive, but just another drop in the bucket.

Also...voice acting in Mother 3? When they have refused for a decade just to translate the text? Please. I laughed my tuckus off, though.

Just far too much wrong to ever be believeable. Gotta say though, I don't think any of us actually read into these for actual facts. It's just a means of entertainment, am I right?

A way to stave off the madness during an info drought...like talking to a volleyball when you're stranded on an island.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just far too much wrong to ever be believeable. Gotta say though, I don't think any of us actually read into these for actual facts. It's just a means of entertainment, am I right?
I mean, they already got three things kinda right.
They also stated we would be seeing Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym, all location we have not really seen. How could they have known that by now we would have seen Misty?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean, they already got three things kinda right.
They only got 1 thing right

The Funko thing

And I like to mention that wasn't announced in a direct

The only reason we know about it now is because it wasn't announced in the direct

The others are things they didn't get automatically deconfirmed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom