• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoopahSanikMoo

Smash Rookie
>November 30th, 2018. It's the last Smash Ultimate direct before launch
>Direct is almost over. Spirits Mode was shown, new character and more echos revealed.
>Sakurai appears on screen one more time.
>Translator starts talking
>"We hope you've enjoyed this Smash Brothers direct. We can't wait to see your reaction to the game at launch. But before we go, we have one more character to show you. A lot of people have been anticipating this, and we had to work really hard to get this character into the game, but we hope you are happy with this inclusion. Please take a look."
>Screen fades, Smash Ultimate note plays over the white smash ball expand, fades into trailer
>We're overlooking a forest, with a mysterious figure walking through it.
>Mario, Peach, and Bowser are also walking through the forest.
>Suddenly, they see light up ahead as they approach a clearing in the forest.
>The step through the clearing to see what's causing the light.
>A sword wielding read headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
>"Crono pulls the trigger!"
That'd suck a whole lotta eggs

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
>Direct is almost over. Spirits Mode was shown, new character and more echos revealed.
>"We hope you've enjoyed this Smash Brothers direct. We can't wait to see your reaction to the game at launch. But before we go, we have one more character to show you. A lot of people have been anticipating this, and we had to work really hard to get this character into the game, but we hope you are happy with this inclusion. Please take a look."
>Screen fades, Smash Ultimate note plays over the white smash ball expand, fades into trailer
>A sword wielding read headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
well played sir well played. but first you need to show his hair in shadows, almost looking black. for the double troll so people think Goku is about to be announced as a fighter as well.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
well played sir well played. but first you need to show his hair in shadows, almost looking black. for the double troll so people think Goku is about to be announced as a fighter as well.
He's wearing a cloak a la Simon Belmont in juuuuuuuust the right way to where it looks like Geno's beanie in the shadows, until he throws the cloak off to reveal himself.

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
And so the last video begins:
Mario, Peach, and Bowser are walking through the forest full of mushrooms when a figure with a black cloak appears. Beneath the cape of the mysterious silhouette we can see its skin made of wood and its artificial joints.
Bowser asks: Who are you?
The mysterious foe replies: Geno!
And then his nose starts to grow.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
And so the last video begins:
Mario, Peach, and Bowser are walking through the forest full of mushrooms when a figure with a black cloak appears. Beneath the cape of the mysterious silhouette we can see its skin made of wood and its artificial joints.
Bowser asks: Who are you?
The mysterious foe replies: Geno!
And then his nose starts to grow.
It is revealed to be.. Pinocchio! but lo, something is off, as Pinocchio looks backwards in horror as the great whale Monstro is about to swallow him whole before Sora defends his friend using magic and his signature Keyblade!

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Man this geno picture has livened the place up a bit, im really excited to know what the answer is to it, if its fake its a really good model and i wanna know who did it, if its real h e ' s i n b o y z. Honestly its (sorta) a win win situation for me, either way we're bound to find out if its real or not soon.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
At first, I thought we were gonna get one last Smash direct in late november, with maybe a Incineroar/Ken reveal in October... But with this event,and Sakurai wanting to reveal every character before release...Getting a late october smash direct seem more likely.

Geno is gonna be the last reveal. If he's not, I hope we get something as big, like Banjo and Kazooie.
But honestly, it's Geno time. Ridley and King K Rool are in, for me, Geno would be a perfect final character after these two.

I hope Sakurai will call back the lil' star for us, after more than 20 years.

(Also, if Boshi could sneak his way into the direct, it would pretty cool lol. The echo no one expected.)

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
>A sword wielding red headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
> Before Crono could be welcomed, arrows start flying through the air towards Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Crono
> Arrows are revealed to be coming from a familiar SMRPG boss, Bowyer
> As the group takes cover, a shot of brown boots running through the woods at a fast pace
> A large beam of light then takes out Bowyer
> Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Crono walk out and see a familiar sight
> The figure then turns around to see them, after they get the figure’s attention
> The figure walks into the forests clearing where they’re at
> GENO SHOOTS FOR THE STARS!! *”Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms”plays*
> Mario nods at Geno, Geno nods at Mario
> Geno joins the group along with Crono
> Geno helps the group find their way out of the forest
> They all walk into the sunlight
> Screen fades to black
> Trailer ends

If this happened after that, then it would probably be perfect.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’d actually be ****ing ecstatic to get Crono as well considering, well, it’s Chrono Trigger. I know that we’re all here for Geno for a variety of reasons, but Chrono Trigger might as well be our spiritual brother in arms. A classic SNES RPG (maybe even THE classic) that while far from forgotten is still unfortunately not given enough attention and likely will never get another’s sequel (Not that Chrono Cross lives up to it from what I’ve always heard).

I mean Crono with Chrono Trigger music in Smash? I couldn’t even be mad about that one. Though from what I understand, that’s a complete non-factor cause of various reasons with Chrono and Square.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I’d actually be ****ing ecstatic to get Crono as well considering, well, it’s Chrono Trigger. I know that we’re all here for Geno for a variety of reasons, but Chrono Trigger might as well be our spiritual brother in arms. A classic SNES RPG (maybe even THE classic) that while far from forgotten is still unfortunately not given enough attention and likely will never get another’s sequel (Not that Chrono Cross lives up to it from what I’ve always heard).

I mean Crono with Chrono Trigger music in Smash? I couldn’t even be mad about that one. Though from what I understand, that’s a complete non-factor cause of various reasons with Chrono and Square.
If Crono is our spiritual brother in arms, then Issac is our true brother in arms. No offense to Crono, but getting three SE reps over Issac when so many people have begged for the Venus Adept for so long? I feel like Crono could wait for DLC or the next Smash that cuts characters, but Issac needs to happen. Issac bros need this just as much as us Genobros do.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hoii hoii Star Savior's fan. I'm skipping here just to quickly post a summary of the current situation about the Square-Enix Rep and everything I could gather. I tried to be as objective as possible...Honestly, I would be hyped if Geno gets in as I'm just a goold old Square-Enix Nerd, and decided to Support Sora mostly out of the "Underdog" feeling back when he was a laughing stock pre ultimate announcement lmao. Anyway... AHEM There it is! Please forgive my grammar!

SquareEnix Rumor infographie.png

Hopefully it is a good summary and better than some video I see on youtube, and all of the misinformation spread which were what made me do that thing.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
If Crono is our spiritual brother in arms, then Issac is our true brother in arms. No offense to Crono, but getting three SE reps over Issac when so many people have begged for the Venus Adept for so long? I feel like Crono could wait for DLC or the next Smash that cuts characters, but Issac needs to happen. Issac bros need this just as much as us Genobros do.
Fair enough. It's weird I don't see many Crono fans on here, considering the only reason I picked up Chrono Trigger (And loved it to bits, btw.) was because it seemed like everyone and their grandmother was telling me Chrono Trigger was one of the best JRPG that I absolutely had to play if I wanted a great example of RPG fundamentals and just an overall banger game. Maybe Chrono's following is a cult one, but the game comes up often enough that it feels prevalent enough in the gaming world still. If Geno and Isaac made the game, I wonder how long it would be before fellow Crono fans had their chance to crawl out of the woodwork in droves (That would also likely include some, if not several, who are indifferent to/like Crono well enough, but have loyalties to more pressing characters, but would support Crono if their characters make the game and they needed new characters to back.)

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!

My predictions:
It means that there will possibly be no new franchises! Meaning that new 3rd party and 1st party characters is considered unlikely.

Incineroar's chances has been higher up!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

So it is a typo!

It means that there will possibly be no new franchises! Meaning that new 3rd party and 1st party characters is considered unlikely.

Geno is still a Mario rep, so he does not need a new stage.

Stating what I said on the Shantae and Issac thread.
"Eh, it's a bit of a grey area. They definitely screwed up somewhere, but it can be any number of reasons. Was it a typo, and there is really only 103 errors, or did they make the mistake of revealing the stage count to early and Nintendo told them off and made them restate it as 103 in order to make things more ambiguous."

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

So it is a typo!

Actually, you forget about the fact that Vergeben himself said there High chance that the Square-Rep can be DLC...So...Let's not get too hasty about that news?
Hopefully it means good for Geno, but I would have loved a SMRPG castle stage...

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

So it is a typo!

I was really wanting more, but it's alright. XD
Could've been cool to see a Mario RPG stage!

Klimax

Smash Ace
As EarlTamm EarlTamm said, it could be more complicated than that. I don't really know what to think, but if it's true it means "no more new franchise" and while it would be pretty good for Geno, it would means that once again, Nintendo ignored our bro Isaac and his fans (at least for the base game).

D

Deleted member

> Before Crono could be welcomed, arrows start flying through the air towards Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Crono
> Arrows are revealed to be coming from a familiar SMRPG boss, Bowyer
> As the group takes cover, a shot of brown boots running through the woods at a fast pace
> A large beam of light then takes out Bowyer
> Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Crono walk out and see a familiar sight
> The figure then turns around to see them, after they get the figure’s attention
> The figure walks into the forests clearing where they’re at
> GENO SHOOTS FOR THE STARS!! *”Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms”plays*
> Mario nods at Geno, Geno nods at Mario
> Geno joins the group along with Crono
> Geno helps the group find their way out of the forest
> They all walk into the sunlight
> Screen fades to black
> Trailer ends

If this happened after that, then it would probably be perfect.
"The Square Enix character bundle will be available as an exclusive DLC for anyone who pre-orders Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, Geno could still work without a new stage, though from what I've seen of Bowser's Keep and the Forest Maze, those would've been cool. Star Road, too, though I still need to play the game. Of course, he could also be DLC as Nekoo stated, and this may still not actually be the final stage count.

Would an SNES Classic be good to play SMRPG?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

So it is a typo!

My predictions:

It kind of means nothing really. because if the 108 was actually the real number of stages and they slipped up there is no way they would miss that mistake the second time around. it is gonna still effect the speculation scene and the people who were using that as a means of hope for their characters still having a chance. these are dark times if you are not Incineroar, Ken, or Geno/Crono

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
It kind of means nothing really. because if the 108 was actually the real number of stages and they slipped up there is no way they would miss that mistake the second time around. it is gonna still effect the speculation scene and the people who were using that as a means of hope for their characters still having a chance. these are dark times if you are not Incineroar, Ken, or Geno/Crono
Why is Crono included? Crono is not in that radar. He represents the Chrono franchise. Like almost every character, whenever there is a new character from a new franchise, there is always a new stage to represent it.

If 103 stages were true, then there are actually no new franchises to add with prior to DLC.

Also, there is also great news for other characters: Elma (Xenoblade), BW Dee (Kirby), Ken (Street Fighter), Shadow (Sonic), Skull Kid (Zelda), Incineroar (Pokemon), and Geno (Mario).

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Why is Crono included? Crono is not in that radar. He represents the Chrono franchise. Like almost every character, whenever there is a new character from a new franchise, there is always a new stage to represent it.

If 103 stages were true, then there are actually no new franchises to add with prior to DLC.

Also, there is also great news for other characters: Elma (Xenoblade), BW Dee (Kirby), Ken (Street Fighter), Shadow (Sonic), Skull Kid (Zelda), Incineroar (Pokemon), and Geno (Mario).
Adding Crono was a joke to go along with the silliness from earlier :p
was playing it deadpan but didn't expect anyone to take it seriously

I don't think it means that much good news for those characters. well sure it could throw out a few of their competition out of the running. but other then that it isn't much of a boost. (oh hey but I guess Sora is someone it would eliminate so maybe that is a plus! :demon:)

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Hoii hoii Star Savior's fan. I'm skipping here just to quickly post a summary of the current situation about the Square-Enix Rep and everything I could gather. I tried to be as objective as possible...Honestly, I would be hyped if Geno gets in as I'm just a goold old Square-Enix Nerd, and decided to Support Sora mostly out of the "Underdog" feeling back when he was a laughing stock pre ultimate announcement lmao. Anyway... AHEM There it is! Please forgive my grammar!

View attachment 170876

Hopefully it is a good summary and better than some video I see on youtube, and all of the misinformation spread which were what made me do that thing.
This is a very good summary in my opinion, and it's objective.

The only thing i'm sure about is that we're going to get a Square rep in Ultimate (I see Sora getting in 100% as DLC tbh) but yeah, the Geno leak and the Sora tweet are still not debunked or explained.
The only thing I don't believe is that the SE rep is DLC. Sakurai want the base game to be complete and pretty much perfect, there will be DLC, but not day one DLC.
And yeah, Mewtwo at the 50 facts extravaganza, but it was one month after Sm4sh 3DS release, and it was just a 3D Model of Mewtwo, it wasn't even his trailer.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Would an SNES Classic be good to play SMRPG?
I'd say so. I just finished a playthrough recently on the SNES Classic. The save state feature is particularly nice because it allows me to bookmark certain parts of the story or boss fights that I like without filling up my save files. The SNES Classic is a nice little product, just tragically missing Chrono Trigger and Donkey Kong Country 2 among others.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don’t think the Coro misprint thing doesn’t hurt us for base

1 not every newcomer gets stages itmdoesn’t necesary mean geno needs a stage plus he’s a Mario rep in a way

2 may have Ben a slip up and 5 more are hidden and also does it specifically state “the grand total is 103 stages.”?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All of those Geno Leak video...And then this happens.

Screenshoot.png

Supposedly, The Geno pics was faked... It's IntelliHeath so, not really an unknown person, and usually someone we can believe, but weirdly, they don't want to show what they saw.
I'm thinking that maybe it's some discord prank or a Youtuber fake... RAYMAN PTSD

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

View attachment 170893

Supposedly, The Geno pics was faked... It's IntelliHeath so, not really an unknown person, and usually someone we can believe, but weirdly, they don't want to show what they saw.
I'm thinking that maybe it's some discord prank or a Youtuber fake... RAYMAN PTSD
It’s a picture not pictures

And i can’t tell and probably a lot more people if they are talking about the eye roll esque geno picture

Oh and for everyone as for the view thing and the background doesn’t look like ultimate

there’s no way to prove its ultimate version and not smash 4 right now and that’s because it could be the lighting in the room and we have no angle of that particular area in ultimate

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

View attachment 170893

That is good, I don't believe in this image too hard. I love Geno but that image does not click well. Thank you for the information, we will see who will be next character in the final direct!

(Hope for Geno for the best!)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It’s a picture not pictures

And you don’t even know if they are talking about the eye roll esque geno picture

Oh and for everyone as for the view thing and the background doesn’t look like ultimate

there’s no way to prove its ultimate version and not smash 4 right now and that’s because it could be the lighting in the room and we have no angle of that particular area in ultimate
They're talking about the Geno picture we are all talking about lmao. The eye roll one.
It's because it suddenly caught up that he came to explain this.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet

View attachment 170893

Just wondering, who are these people and why should I believe them? Genuinely asking, I haven't heard any of their names before so I don't know why their statements should be important.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's a shame if true, as the Geno model is very good.

But, we already have evidence he could be in Ultimate whether in base or DLC, and I have no doubt Sakurai and his team can make an amazing Geno model.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just wondering, who are these people and why should I believe them? Genuinely asking, I haven't heard any of their names before so I don't know why their statements should be important.
I can't disclose too much MYSELF. but...
Intelliheath is someone with sources, not LEAK source. But enough to say what is fake or not in some circle and for having an exchange with him once, I truly believe he can be somehow trusted.

Like I said, you are free to believe or not. But, for Myself, I will be cautious about that Geno leak for now.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
I can't disclose too much MYSELF. but...
Intelliheath is someone with sources, not LEAK source. But enough to say what is fake or not in some circle and for having an exchange with him once, I truly believe he can be somehow trusted.

Like I said, you are free to believe or not. But, for Myself, I will be cautious about that Geno leak for now.
Well either way, it certainly makes it interesting! I like to remain on the fence on things instead of actively choosing a side unless there's hard proof personally, so thank you for the information!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well fake or not geno still very likely

And if it’s not the leak the cloud leaker may be refering too then what is it

The best I can think of is the banjo and Dixie Kong photo

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
the corocoro thing is probably just them covering their a$$es. when they showed off the stage section of the menu, it's clear that there was a lot of empty space on the bottom row. they'd probably wanna fill that bad boy up.
also, i've pretty much lost all faith in vergeben. i don't trust leakers often, but i REALLY don't trust leakers that just spew out all of the most popular character picks. smash ultimate's "i'm gonna give the gays everything they want" mentality really helped their case of just looking at popular picks and going "yeah theyre in the game lol." i'm on team "only two characters left", and one of them is gonna be geno.
also, having him only be available as pre-order dlc would be a huge d!ck move. there's no way our mans sakurai would do that to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom