• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good evidence to the being who serves a higher authority's place. So we have a Square Enix rep names have been dropped. But it's unkown as to who it is?

Interesting. This definetly points towards star boy but it could be anybody.

Hope it is the doll though, rooting for him as always.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The thing that, in my opinion, is the biggest evidence against the Geno leak is that, as far as we can tell, it came from this 4chan thread, as PushDustIn PushDustIn talks about here:

I went back and looked at the tread itself, and someone in there claims that the Geno pic was posted two days prior, which is big, but I can't any evidence of that myself yet. If someone could find the Geno pic on 4chan dated to the 30th of August, then that is way more points in favor of the leak.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The thing that, in my opinion, is the biggest evidence against the Geno leak is that, as far as we can tell, it came from this 4chan thread, as PushDustIn PushDustIn talks about here:

I went back and looked at the tread itself, and someone in there claims that the Geno pic was posted two days prior, which is big, but I can't any evidence of that myself yet. If someone could find the Geno pic on 4chan dated to the 30th of August, then that is way more points in favor of the leak.
I was thinking of that and have yet to find that post.

*Tinfoil hat*

What if that post got taken down instantly by the powers that be (SE) And they thought 'Whew that was close'
Fast forward to recent events 'Guys it's still there! It was in a different thread and now it's out there!'

*Tinfoil hat off*

EDIT: Very very very unlikely, but just thought of it. I wouldn't believe either so...yeah.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

I'm of the mind that the Banjo/Dixie leak is most certainly fake, but that the Geno image post was not made by the OP of that thread. Why? Because there is literally no proof that it IS the same person, as they're all anonymous and the Geno post was not replying to the person who asked for Geno as proof. Tons of people in the same thread were posting unrelated character "leaks," so this isn't hard to imagine.

On top of that, we also DO have at least some possible evidence that the Geno post was unrelated--the guy that said it was posted 2 days prior. While there's no proof his claim is legitimate, I can't imagine why else he'd say that, other than to disprove the OP's usage of the Geno post as proof (Which appears to be the intent.) It's not conclusive, but it's still an iota more evidence for it than the idea that the Geno poster and the thread OP were the same person has.

At worst, we have no real idea who posted what, or when the Geno image was posted, which only puts us back at "inconclusive." I respect PushDustin and his work, but this in no way invalidates the image--until I see a full render or source for it, a la the Rayman leak, I prefer to believe this image could be legitimate.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, the Geno leak evidence picture is being passed around on the Shantae thread. Nothing really negative going on or anything, just letting you guys know that the work this thread does is appreciated.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Isn't that tweet from like September? Now that we know all this new info about the image, I don't know if any of his arguments still hold up.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Isn't that tweet from like September? Now that we know all this new info about the image, I don't know if any of his arguments still hold up.
It is, but UberMadman UberMadman asked PushDustin today if he thought that 4chan thread was the first place the Geno image was posted, so it was brought back up. It seems Push hasn't yet responded to our findings about Delfino, though.

The biggest question is if that image was part of the Banjo/Dixie leak or not. Because that may hurt it if so. But there doesn't seem to be much evidence supporting that. The quality of the renders and images aren't consistent, so I think they're two different leaks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm of the mind that the Banjo/Dixie leak is most certainly fake, but that the Geno image post was not made by the OP of that thread. Why? Because there is literally no proof that it IS the same person, as they're all anonymous and the Geno post was not replying to the person who asked for Geno as proof. Tons of people in the same thread were posting unrelated character "leaks," so this isn't hard to imagine.

On top of that, we also DO have at least some possible evidence that the Geno post was unrelated--the guy that said it was posted 2 days prior. While there's no proof his claim is legitimate, I can't imagine why else he'd say that, other than to disprove the OP's usage of the Geno post as proof (Which appears to be the intent.) It's not conclusive, but it's still an iota more evidence for it than the idea that the Geno poster and the thread OP were the same person has.

At worst, we have no real idea who posted what, or when the Geno image was posted, which only puts us back at "inconclusive." I respect PushDustin and his work, but this in no way invalidates the image--until I see a full render or source for it, a la the Rayman leak, I prefer to believe this image could be legitimate.
I've always had a problem with this leak because the Geno image has been tied to the same leak as the Banjo and Dixie.

It was implied that the Geno image was part of the same leak, and there really isn't too much reason to believe it wasn't.

It's possible, but it's also unlikely someone would just hijack a fake leak thread just because it mentioned Geno to post their image. Using the same kind of grammar as the original posters.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I went on a journey in Fireden. I, for the life of me, cannot find where the "supposed" original post of the Geno Render.

I am gonna check on 4chan as well in case it was posted there 2 days prior to when it was posted with Banjo and Dixie.

Wish me luck! (Dear God...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I went on a journey in Fireden. I, for the life of me, cannot find where the "supposed" original post of the Geno Render.

I am gonna check on 4chan as well in case it was posted there 2 days prior to when it was posted with Banjo and Dixie.

DmGHeVjU0AAMcrA.jpg

This was the first time I ever saw it.

I don't think it was posted before this

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I couldn't find it either, and I'd rather not try again due to the...er, [blocked] stuff some people post there...

I couldn't even find the Banjo & Dixie thread that had Geno, and only got to the page again because I was given the link; I wonder if the original, assuming it existed and the anon wasn't lying, was deleted. The Banjo & Dixie leak is inconsistent with Ultimate, while the Geno leak fits much better.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I've always had a problem with this leak because the Geno image has been tied to the same leak as the Banjo and Dixie.

It was implied that the Geno image was part of the same leak, and there really isn't too much reason to believe it wasn't.

It's possible, but it's also unlikely someone would just hijack a fake leak thread just because it mentioned Geno to post their image. Using the same kind of grammar as the original posters.
Fair point. It is possible for the Geno poster to be the OP, but then why did he not directly quote the person asking for Geno as proof? And why not just include the Geno image to begin with? On top of that, there's still the possibility the OP really did use an image from somewhere else, possibly even a deleted thread before it was deleted, to reinforce his leak. Wouldn't be the first time a leaker piggybacked off another.

And since we do have someone saying it was posted 2 days before, that is the only admissible evidence we have leaning in any of these directions. It's not great, but it's at least as good as the theories supporting the OP as the Geno poster.

If anything, I'd say we're back where we started...as usual, lol. We need some concrete news already...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I couldn't find it either, and I'd rather not try again due to the...er, [blocked] stuff some people post there...

I couldn't even find the Banjo & Dixie thread that had Geno; I wonder if the original, assuming it existed and the anon wasn't lying, was deleted. The Banjo & Dixie leak is inconsistent with Ultimate, while the Geno leak fits much better.
The original thread is here: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429940289/

D

Deleted member

Honestly the first time I saw it was when it was first posted.

Thought it was a fake leak.

But dang if it's real man that is awesome and further points towards Geno.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thank you; yeah, I was given the link once before in the Discussion thread after saying about what I said just now. Since I couldn't even find that thread while searching between Sept. 1st and August, I assumed I wouldn't be able to find the other thread either, if it existed as the 3rd reply from the bottom implies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Fair point. It is possible for the Geno poster to be the OP, but then why did he not directly quote the person asking for Geno as proof? And why not just include the Geno image to begin with? On top of that, there's still the possibility the OP really did use an image from somewhere else, possibly even a deleted thread before it was deleted, to reinforce his leak. Wouldn't be the first time a leaker piggybacked off another.

And since we do have someone saying it was posted 2 days before, that is the only admissible evidence we have leaning in any of these directions. It's not great, but it's at least as good as the theories supporting the OP as the Geno poster.

If anything, I'd say we're back where we started...as usual, lol. We need some concrete news already...
The theory I'm most willing to believe, assuming that one guy didn't make both of these photos, is that the OP of that thread took a real-looking Geno leak he saw elsewhere to support his Geno claims after someone asked him to provide an image of Geno, which he did not have prepared. One person saw that image two days prior, and called out the OP on it. I highly doubt a random second leaker entered the thread and copied the ****ty faux-Japanese grammar attempt of the OP, but I could conceivably buy the fact that OP was a piggyback leaker who happened to piggyback off of a real leak with fake ones. The problem comes from the fact that until we can locate a time where that Geno image was posted prior to that thread, we have no way of confirming or denying the claim of that one anon, and if that image was first posted by the same guy who posted that Dixie/Banjo thing, then it's obviously fake. It's just striking how different the quality is between the Geno image and the Banjo/Dixie one; it really does feel like two separate people made the models for the characters in those two images.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 170795

This was the first time I ever saw it.

I don't think it was posted before this
Yeah that is the only one I can find as far as origin goes.

Dang, I feel like this pic is like the Ken leak...the more you try to disprove, it gets stronger.
Except for the Geno leak, the more we try to prove OR disprove it, the more NEUTRAL is becomes!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It's just striking how different the quality is between the Geno image and the Banjo/Dixie one; it really does feel like two separate people made the models for the characters in those two images.
That's always been my problem with the Banjo and Dixie leak; they both look so fake in that screenshot, whereas I'm not so sure where to place that image of Geno. It looks equally convincing as a real appearance as it does a potentially well-done fan creation, given the quality of some leaks that have come before it in other places. I only found out about that Dixie and Banjo leak maybe a day or two after the Geno one was shared here at some point. I would think if it was released by the same person they would have done more to make it look convincing.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
The theory I'm most willing to believe, assuming that one guy didn't make both of these photos, is that the OP of that thread took a real-looking Geno leak he saw elsewhere to support his Geno claims after someone asked him to provide an image of Geno, which he did not have prepared. On person saw that image two days prior, and called out the OP on it. I highly doubt a random second leaker entered the thread and copied the ****ty faux-Japanese grammar attempt of the OP, but I could conceivably buy the fact that OP was a piggyback leaker who happened to piggyback off of a real leak with fake ones. The problem comes from the fact that until we can locate a time where that Geno image was posted prior to that thread, we have no way of confirming or denying the claim of that one anon, and if that image was first posted by the same guy who posted that Dixie/Banjo thing, then it's obviously fake. It's just striking how different the quality is between the Geno image and the Banjo/Dixie one; it really does feel like two separate people made the models for the characters in those two images.
Well said!

This is where I'm leaning. It does seem like Psycho's right about the grammar, so it must be a piggyback. The evidence all points to it, from the delayed posting of the image, to the difference in quality, to the claim of its prior existence. It helps that leakers do this a LOT.

But, of course...

Dang, I feel like this pic is like the Ken leak...the more you try to disprove, it gets stronger.
Except for the Geno leak, the more we try to prove OR disprove it, the more NEUTRAL is becomes!
This, lol. You pretty much nailed it, my man.:laugh:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Actually I am curious, has anyone reversed search the Banjo and Dixie picture?

I'd imagine everyone has flipped and looked for the Geno Render a million times.

EDIT: Has there been an instance where a REAL leak was piggybacking on a FAKE leak thread before?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't talk much in this thread but trust me, I don't think I'm supporting anyone more heavily than Geno right now.

And this is coming from someone who is otherwise not particularly participating in character guesses at this point other than commenting on others.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
EDIT: Has there been an instance where a REAL leak was piggybacking on a FAKE leak thread before?
You mean a fake leaker using a real leak to back his own? I don't think so, at least not in the context of Smash leaks. Mostly because real Smash leaks aren't usually in a state of limbo for very long, unlike this one. Granted, that would only apply to image leaks--there have for sure been tons of correct text leaks that have been piggybacked. The problem is, you have to wait for the leak to be proven correct to know.

I was just thinking...maybe we ought to get the take of some old Palutena supporters. This Geno render is pretty much the new Palutena leak, wherein nobody can prove or disprove either way. I'm curious to know how that all went down for them--did some fake leakers use that image to back their own? How convinced was everyone about that leak at the time? Are there specific similarities in the images to suggest they were made the same way? That kind of stuff.

Edit: Oh, also...I really want papagenos papagenos to cover all the extensive debate on this image and weigh in. It seems like the perfect subject for a new video!

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Gasp!

I remember pointing out that Nintendo Live event like a month ago...I never imagined it would actually have the release build. That's a great find!

This could mean we are guaranteed to get the final direct between now and the start of that event. Which was when, again...?

Hang on, gotta check...

EDIT: holy crow, guys.

The first day is 11/3. Two weeks from now.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Gasp!

I remember pointing out that Nintendo Live event like a month ago...I never imagined it would actually have the release build. That's a great find!

This could mean we are guaranteed to get the final direct between now and the start of that event. Which was when, again...?

Hang on, gotta check...
November 3rd, apparently.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully it means we're getting something.

Regardless, hope it means something.

And that we get something soon.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
>November 30th, 2018. It's the last Smash Ultimate direct before launch
>Direct is almost over. Spirits Mode was shown, new character and more echos revealed.
>Sakurai appears on screen one more time.
>Translator starts talking
>"We hope you've enjoyed this Smash Brothers direct. We can't wait to see your reaction to the game at launch. But before we go, we have one more character to show you. A lot of people have been anticipating this, and we had to work really hard to get this character into the game, but we hope you are happy with this inclusion. Please take a look."
>Screen fades, Smash Ultimate note plays over the white smash ball expand, fades into trailer
>We're overlooking a forest, with a mysterious figure walking through it.
>Mario, Peach, and Bowser are also walking through the forest.
>Suddenly, they see light up ahead as they approach a clearing in the forest.
>The step through the clearing to see what's causing the light.
>A sword wielding red headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
>"Crono pulls the trigger!"

Last edited:

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
>Direct is almost over. Spirits Mode was shown, new character and more echos revealed.
>"We hope you've enjoyed this Smash Brothers direct. We can't wait to see your reaction to the game at launch. But before we go, we have one more character to show you. A lot of people have been anticipating this, and we had to work really hard to get this character into the game, but we hope you are happy with this inclusion. Please take a look."
>Screen fades, Smash Ultimate note plays over the white smash ball expand, fades into trailer
>A sword wielding read headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
If that happened, I'd also pull the trigger.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
>A sword wielding read headed boy is standing in front of Guardia Castle.
>And then I kill myself.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ding_to_a_japanese_smash_researcher_nintendo/

oh yeah if they are just straight using the full physical copy they would have to have a direct before then because just seeing the main menu spoils spirit's mode! and people could do all sorts of digging! and the timing would make sense for them to have a copy of the full release game. heck for the sake of the competition they would probably already have all the characters unlocked on all the systems they are using!

so at the latest they might actually show the final direct on the 3rd! which two weeks really doesn't feel like that long of a wait for knowing the final roster!

may wanna check this out genobros
that might even be the purpose of this event to get everyones eyes on the final release version to show off just how much better the game has gotten since the first demo build (because I remember them saying that the demo is actually the first playable build they made. or something on those lines)

Tiana best princess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom