• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
I remember being in the Dixie/Banjo thread on /v/ when it was first posted, and a couple people mentioned that the Geno pic was posted a few days prior. What that means is left to interpretation, but anyone could have just posted it in the thread for any old reason. It's fair to say the two don't have anything to do with one another. You would think that we would have seen such a high quality model used in something else were it fake, such as further fake leaks or somebody's personal art. Then again, we know the lengths some people will go to for a fake Smash Bros. leak...

Either way, I am cautiously optimistic about it. Seems legit enough, but we can never be sure.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have an interesting idea for all of you, what if Super Mario RPG 2 did not star Mario as the main character? Like, instead they decided to use a different plumber as the protagonist(Luigi, Wario, Waluigi). It would certainly be interesting.

Edit: Forgot the 2 in there.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I have an interesting idea for all of you, what if Super Mario RPG 2 did not star Mario as the main character? Like, instead they decided to use a different plumber as the protagonist(Luigi, Wario, Waluigi). It would certainly be interesting.

Ill try it out. As long as they keep the same elements /characters in it with some new ones ill give it a go. Did not star mario though? THey will have to explain WHY! :D jejeje

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice

Super Waluigi RPG

NukeA6

Smash Master
We’re in the danger zone now

Smash ultimate has gone gold which is definition of it’s done and full copies are grabable to certain leakers and testers

To prove it there’s a photo of the physical case opened

ESRB leak ultimate edition can happen at anytime now
Danger Zone? Geno has the DLC advantage that most characters with support threads on this site will never have. So what if he doesn't make it to the main game. The hype isn't dead for him (and shouldn't be).

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
To my knowledge the Geno image leak is the only photo leak that is thoroughly convincing while also not being disproven. Additionally Geno is a much harder character to fake than the likes of Shadow, Skull Kid, Waddle Dee, etc because no 3D models exist and pretty much has to be built from scratch. It also helps this leaker was behind Cloud, which given it's their only leak you could argue they might be a SE insider.

So either it's a.) Geno is the character they're referring to b.) It's a different character nobody believes to be legit c.) dude is pulling a act like other so-called leakers of this cycle and baiting a character reveal because they got one thing right in the past (to their defense here, I dont think theyve made any other claims so theyre sitting on 1-0 over several years time)

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
What would Waluigi's moves even be? Sucker punching the enemy? Crotch chopping for intimidation? Throwing bombs at people seems likely.
Throws the letters W, a large number of A's, and a final H at enemies.
Dashing, debonaur tennis slam of doom with rose in teeth.
Rides a Chain Chomp like the boss he is.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Throws the letters W, a large number of A's, and a final H at enemies.
Dashing, debonaur tennis slam of doom with rose in teeth.
Rides a Chain Chomp like the boss he is.
Throws his enemies into a pinball game and wreck's them with his skills.
Channels the inner water bender he is and drown's his enemies.
Use's his superior dance moves to hypnotize the opposition into submission.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Danger Zone? Geno has the DLC advantage that most characters with support threads on this site will never have. So what if he doesn't make it to the main game. The hype isn't dead for him (and shouldn't be).
I meant we are this point that something like the esrb leak can happen at this point now

If we want to be surprised by Genoa we have to avoid leaks

domriver

Smash Lord
so no announcement - the window is closing :X jejeeje I dont want to be ruined by leakers grrrrrr xD Lets hope nintendo has something up their sleeve for the end of the week.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I noticed that the Mii costume has 3 parts to the body rather than 2 (the Mii costume had a waist joint)

Do you think this will be added to SSBU Geno?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm not gonna lie, the closer we get to the release, Nintendo is going to start losing time to reveal the remaining characters. Of course we still have plenty of time now, but if they don't release a direct until November then I say that we shouldn't expect too many new characters. Sakurai said they're going to be slowing down fighter reveals, and by having a direct in November that shows like 5 characters that sure as hell ain't slowing down. But at the same time, maybe Sakurai just said that to surprise everyone with a bunch of new characters.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In Nintendo news, NSMBUD is coming to MCM London Comic Con(Gee, I wonder why they decided to pick that game in particular*Obvious sarcasm is obvious*). This drought is irritating, especially when we were so sure they would announce something new right away after the Smash site was updated.

Also, I just thought about how Geno could potentially play in a game like NSMBUD(God that is a long title), and is it just me, or would Geno's gameplay kinda be the Mario equivalent of playing as Megaman?

Edit: Forgot to mention that Smash will be there, but that is kinda expected.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Call me crazy, but I don't think we're gonna have to wait until next month for more Smash news. In fact, I have a hunch our final Smash Direct might be as early as next week. Think about it: if the game hasn't gone gold yet, it sure as hell will pretty soon. I give it about 2-3 weeks until that happens myself, and we already know Nintendo is absolutely interested in their flagship holiday release not leaking all over the internet before release, so no doubt they're gonna try to beat that. So, way I see it, that gives us till early November at the absolute latest for our last big infodump.
Hang in there, guys. We're in the home stretch.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember being in the Dixie/Banjo thread on /v/ when it was first posted, and a couple people mentioned that the Geno pic was posted a few days prior. What that means is left to interpretation, but anyone could have just posted it in the thread for any old reason. It's fair to say the two don't have anything to do with one another. You would think that we would have seen such a high quality model used in something else were it fake, such as further fake leaks or somebody's personal art. Then again, we know the lengths some people will go to for a fake Smash Bros. leak...

Either way, I am cautiously optimistic about it. Seems legit enough, but we can never be sure.
If it was posted before Banjo & Dixie, I feel like this boosts the chances of it being legit.

Of course, it could still end up fake anyway, but it looks very, very good, and fitting for Ultimate.

CraziiDamon

Smash Rookie

It'd be great if we could prove that. We have to find the original thread or something like that.

Oh btw Hi everyone! I'm new at this thread. I joined the discord server before joining the discussion over here, so maybe you recognize me if you are there. I've been a Geno supporter since Smash 4 so I'm not an old supporter, but still, I'm here, always hoping our puppet to come back the way he deserves.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It'd be great if we could prove that. We have to find the original thread or something like that.

Oh btw Hi everyone! I'm new at this thread. I joined the discord server before joining the discussion over here, so maybe you recognize me if you are there. I've been a Geno supporter since Smash 4 so I'm not an old supporter, but still, I'm here, always hoping our puppet to come back the way he deserves.
Welcome to the thread and it’s always great to see new supporters. :grin:

Guys, if Geno gets revealed, dab on the haters! :shades:
View attachment 170342
Not gonna lie, I really love that gif lol :laugh:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

People are saying that this render came with the Dixie and Banjo's leak, is this true ? Because if it is, I think it's fake (Banjo looked really bad). But in my opinion, the Dixie/Banjo's leaker just saw this picture and also used it for his leak. This Geno's picture just looks too good compared to Dixie and Banjo's model that we saw in the leak.

If something got leaked and Nintendo heard about it, it's probably a famous picture. And outside of the Ken's picture, this Geno leak is one of the most popular image leak and no one debunked it. Also, while this model has some flaws, when it comes to the design, I think that this is the best modern design possible for Geno.
The issues I have with that image are that it's blurry for no good reason (which is a common way to both give the impression that the photo was taken illicitly to make it seem "leakish" while also hiding obvious evidence of Photoshop), despite being such a clean image otherwise. Also, what is that a picture of, even? What's that background? There's no environment at all.

It looks more like someone either found or made (presumably made, since it hasn't been found elsewhere) a Geno model in some rendering program, posed it, put it in a super basic background, added some lighting, took a screenshot, and then applied a blur filter. In that case, that's pretty impressive, though people have done even crazier things for leaks. There was that one guy that made a new Pokefloats, after all.

I have faith that Geno is going to be one of the last characters, but I don't have a lot of faith in that image.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice

People are saying that this render came with the Dixie and Banjo's leak, is this true ? Because if it is, I think it's fake (Banjo looked really bad). But in my opinion, the Dixie/Banjo's leaker just saw this picture and also used it for his leak. This Geno's picture just looks too good compared to Dixie and Banjo's model that we saw in the leak.

If something got leaked and Nintendo heard about it, it's probably a famous picture. And outside of the Ken's picture, this Geno leak is one of the most popular image leak and no one debunked it. Also, while this model has some flaws, when it comes to the design, I think that this is the best modern design possible for Geno.
As for this image, ino i doesn't match the background of the super smash bros ultimate portraits in the pick your fighter screen.

domriver

Smash Lord
My prediction dates were/are Oct 15th thru Nov 2nd. November HAS to be about pokemon. Pokemon Lets go is gonna launch. Im like 100% positive that Nintendo does not want SMASH over shadowing this. All the more reason to have a direct in October!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
My prediction dates were/are Oct 15th thru Nov 2nd. November HAS to be about pokemon. Pokemon Lets go is gonna launch. Im like 100% positive that Nintendo does not want SMASH over shadowing this. All the more reason to have a direct in October!
Considering Pokemon is the franchise that makes the most money ever in the world, and the second best selling game franchise besides Mario, I don't think Let's Go will be outclassed too much, even if it's a spin off.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that, if the image is real, it could be a menu screen. I haven't seen a leak as good as that one, as even that Agnes leak from a while back and its other characters, while they looked good, were paintings instead of renders, with Agnes using Palutena's eyes. While there are even more "leaks" that look good, all of them use existing assets, are Smash 4 or Brawl mods, memes, and/or have many problems with them, while I don't see any with this Geno image, other than whatever menu that blue background could be on.

If the original thread with the image wasn't the Banjo & Dixie leak, I'm not sure I can find it on the fireden site, with all the archived 4chan threads. Using geno as a keyword doesn't find it, and there's some...inappropriate crap I'd rather avoid if I leave the space blank.

Although, I can't even find the Banjo & Dixie leak that had Geno, so it may have just been completely deleted :S

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Considering Pokemon is the franchise that makes the most money ever in the world, and the second best selling game franchise besides Mario, I don't think Let's Go will be outclassed too much, even if it's a spin off.
Even so, something seems off about cramming news about two huge, popular series into one month. Very un-Nintendo. They like to space out their game stuff by the month, usually because they don't have enough to necessitate cramming. And nothing seems to be happening in October...so why cram when you can space it out? Less chance of overshadowing is always good, even if it's not a lot.

Last edited:

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
i think that nintendo is gonna be really careful about leaks this time around. there's no way they'll be so lenient after what happened with smash 4. that's why i don't believe the ken leak. i don't know how that would happen, or why somebody with (probable) knowledge of the entire roster would leak ken of all people. it's probably just another pre-reveal palutena situation.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
The issues I have with that image are that it's blurry for no good reason (which is a common way to both give the impression that the photo was taken illicitly to make it seem "leakish" while also hiding obvious evidence of Photoshop), despite being such a clean image otherwise. Also, what is that a picture of, even? What's that background? There's no environment at all.

It looks more like someone either found or made (presumably made, since it hasn't been found elsewhere) a Geno model in some rendering program, posed it, put it in a super basic background, added some lighting, took a screenshot, and then applied a blur filter. In that case, that's pretty impressive, though people have done even crazier things for leaks. There was that one guy that made a new Pokefloats, after all.

I have faith that Geno is going to be one of the last characters, but I don't have a lot of faith in that image.
In my opinion the strange background is in fact a good thing. Almost any fake leaker that has the ability to make such a good quality render would have added a more clear stage on the background to avoid beeing debunked. So a strange background on a such good render feels more likely to be real thing but in a non traditional context.
There are a few situations when a simpler background is used on Smach, like the training room, the test room when you are configuring you controls, the online waiting room, etc. It could also be a screenshot in other situations like a new story mode, some cutscene, some "congratulations" screen when you clear de classic mode, some info screen, etc.
About the blurry thing, I believe this is a mix of resize effect (from cellphone's cam itself or photoshop) to avoid showing other leak informations with a bad capture setting (tv quality, tv resolution, cellphone quality, compression settings on cellphone, etc).
We can note that even been blurry, the render itself is very detailed, what makes me think that no one fake leaking Geno would choose a such wierd situation (Geno's pose + blur + strange background) having this very awesome model/render. So I believe this is real but in a incomprehensible setup.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I went to the store and there was kingdom hearts toys there.

I looked at the copyright and there was no copyright or even mention of Square-Enix

So, I guess Kingdom Hearts IS pure Disney.

I'm not sure that means anything. I think we already kind of knew that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like, if that Geno render is real, what exactly do you think he's doing?
The first thing that comes to mind is that he's in his lifeless puppet state or something like his entrance animation. That's just the first thing thought

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Like, if that Geno render is real, what exactly do you think he's doing?
Due to how dynamic the renders have been, likely pointing his gun out, with his cape taking full advantage of the pose and blowing in the non-existent wind.

Edit: Fixed a spelling error.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think he's turning around. It'd make sense for him to have that weird pose at the beginning of the turning animation. However the background doesn't help my theory, he looks like he's in mid-air, but it could be anything.
Ditto. Assuming this is real, I think it's gotta be his turnaround animation. The pose looks a bit weird to be his trophy pose or anything of the sort, but turnaround poses usually have weird frames like this.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Well the background doesn't appear to be from a stage as far as I can tell. and it feels too high quality to be in ingame model. although I could be wrong. with how sassy King K. Rool's pose is I think It's possible they went with a more goofy pose.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the leak is real, it's either his official render, from his reveal (unlikely), or another render for a menu screen or something else aside from the character select screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom