• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I was just looking those stages up as well. I am leaning towards Pilotwings and MAYBE Wushu Island. I vaguely rememeber someone said Delfino Plaza way back, but that would have to be right over the water.

It may very well be in a trophy room of sorts as well. Since we never had an actual character trailer leak (at least to my memory) I think it would be heavily guarded and protected this time around since what happened with Brawl.

There is so much we don't know with this one render. It is kind of ridiculous...but in a way so much fun as well!
Oh yeah, same. I was thinking Wuhu Island possibly as well since it could also matchup with the image. Though, it would be a little hard to avoid the clouds like that, so I think it's probably Pilotwings.

It being a trophy in a trophy room could also be a possibility, though it'd think it would probably be a little more detailed if it were. But you never know, could be an early version.

Yeah, it really is pretty fun and ridiculous! Hope this we can continue to uncover some things about it!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The thing about the Banjo and Dixie leak is that the Geno render seems to be much better in quality. They were also both from anonymous users, no tripcode or whatever they use to prove they're the same person, so it could've been a different guy who just wandered into a Smash leaks-related thread to post it, since it had characters with models that seem fake.

Of course I'm probably getting into tinfoil territory...we just won't know until the final reveals.

inb4 Geno is in the game, but the leak is fake anyway

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The other issue with the render is that it is too high poly for in game so it wouldn't be an in game screen shot

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
You know what really grabs me about that render? It's not so much the poly count, the color, clarity, or lighting...but more the balance of Geno's facial features. It screams of a professional touch, the kind of nuance only Smash does--that thing where they sort of make the characters look somehow better than any of their origin games. Dedede is a great example of this; Smash is, imo, the best he has ever looked. The balance of his head size, eye size, etc. is spot on.

This is how I feel about the Geno render, too. It's balanced in a way that doesn't seem to suggest a fan did it. That's the reason, I think, that we haven't thrown it out yet.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
You know what really grabs me about that render? It's not so much the poly count, the color, clarity, or lighting...but more the balance of Geno's facial features. It screams of a professional touch, the kind of nuance only Smash does--that thing where they sort of make the characters look somehow better than any of their origin games. Dedede is a great example of this; Smash is, imo, the best he has ever looked. The balance of his head size, eye size, etc. is spot on.

This is how I feel about the Geno render, too. It's balanced in a way that doesn't seem to suggest a fan did it. That's the reason, I think, that we haven't thrown it out yet.
Exactly what I was thinking, took the words right out of my mouth, I agree 100%.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Man...that is the best response to this render. I feel that 100% as well.

Also looking at him more, his cap and hat really look like clothing for a toy. That is that fine detail that Sakurai would put in the game.

But still, it's not proven real or fake yet.
So yes, keep your wits about yourselves, but don't forget this render.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Man...that is the best response to this render. I feel that 100% as well.

Also looking at him more, his cap and hat really look like clothing for a toy. That is that fine detail that Sakurai would put in the game.

But still, it's not proven real or fake yet.
So yes, keep your wits about yourselves, but don't forget this render.
Yeah i do agree it looks real or something sakurai would do, but you have to remember just like the Rayman leak everyone thought it was real for how realistic it looked just to be proven fake.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yeah i do agree it looks real or something sakurai would do, but you have to remember just like the Rayman leak everyone thought it was real for how realistic it looked just to be proven fake.
Oh believe you me, Salt is always in hand. Also never trust a video WITHOUT SOUND! That was my big takeaway from the Rayman Leak back in the day.

Guess we just have to wait and see.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
I know this is about Geno, but how would anyone of you would feel if Sora got in base roster instead?

I love this so much. I'm actually subscribed to them as well! They do amazing orchestral covers of video game music!
What is your most 3 most wanted characters?

I remember listening to the Rawest Forest Version and the Waltz of the Forest Again recently for old times sake...

Do you think Geno will be revealed in the next smash direct?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you think Geno will be revealed in the next smash direct?
You're not allowed to double post here. If you quote more than one person you have to do it at the same time or edit it into your previous post

Also, I think there is only going to be one more direct with character reveals

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
If Sora got revealed as base obviously all of us would be disappointed. devastated even with how good Geno's chances been looking leading up to release.

although for me personally I'm also a big Sora and kingdom hearts fan so a part of me would be happy as well to see him. I'm sure he would be an awesome character, and I hope they would use his KH2 design and incorperate the drive system into his moveset.

But in the end Sora is still meaningless to me in comparison to Geno who has been my number 1 for the longest time.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
You're not allowed to double post here. If you quote more than one person you have to do it at the same time or edit it into your previous post

Also, I think there is only going to be one more direct with character reveals
That's what I'm hopeing for.
That being said, welcome to the boards. =)

As a heads up, don't double or triple post here. Mods will mod. If you need to you can edit the post you just made to add more content. ^_^
Welll sorry i didn't know, why if i may ask? Is it everywhere this is a rule or is it just here? P.s. how do you delete comments?

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
So every time from now on i comment i have to add every comment from the previous conversation just to talk?
No. You just can't double or triple post. (That means consecutive posts) So if you want to reply to multiple people you can add each quote to a single post rather than put them in separate ones.

Edit: Or, if you think of something new to add after posting, you can just use the edit feature. ^_^

Last edited:

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
So every time from now on i comment i have to add every comment from the previous conversation just to talk?
No. You just can't double or triple post. (That means consecutive posts) So if you want to reply to multiple people you can add each quote to a single post rather than put them in separate ones.

Edit: Or, if you think of something new to add after posting, you can just use the edit feature. ^_^
K thanks ;)

Klimax

Smash Ace
I didn't think about it but here's one more thing that makes me think that Geno is coming as fighter #70.
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

7 ! Just like in 70 ! I know that's silly but with a guy like Sakurai, I can clearly see that ending up true.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
I didn't think about it but here's one more thing that makes me think that Geno is coming as fighter #70.
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

7 ! Just like in 70 ! I know that's silly but with a guy like Sakurai, I can clearly see that ending up true.
Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the 70 Stars

would play it..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If there ever was a SMRPG remake or sequel, I hope it's heavily stylized. The graphics of SMRPG are still strangely charming in a weird way and I'd hate to lose that. Something like clay animation would probably look really good.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
If there ever was a SMRPG remake or sequel, I hope it's heavily stylized. The graphics of SMRPG are still strangely charming in a weird way and I'd hate to lose that. Something like clay animation would probably look really good.
They really do stand the test of time. Donkey Kong Country is comparable too.
I always refered to those as Mid-90s-Early-Java-Graphics. I chuckle at that now.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
with that Geno Render I have always been surprised with how well it matched the general aesthetic of Ultimate. Like it even has similar shading, which is incredibly difficult to do for any leak. It may very well be fake, but since it hasn't yet, i'll hold on to hope

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
IMG_20181012_131855.jpg

Finally, my (thankfully non-defective this time) Geno Blast shirt has arrived! The design is lovely and the shirt itself high quality, so it's a win-win for me even if he doesn't get into Smash!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Who are your 3 most wanted characters?
Fixed that for you.

In all seriousness, my answer has been Bomberman, Krystal, Vaati since Smash 4 (before Smash 4, replace Vaati with Bowser Jr.).

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
My three are Geno, Bandana Dee and Bomberman. Wanted Bomberman since Melee--I was a huge fan of Bomberman 64 at the time (still love that game!) I only got on the Geno train during Smash 4, same with Bdee.

Before Brawl, my list was quite different, lol. That game answered a TON of wishes for me. Except Bomberman, of course...that dude always gets shafted. :ohwell:

TBone06

Smash Ace
At this point I would say my number 2 and 3 after Geno would be Banjo and Kazooie and Dixie. I love Skull Kid, but I think those two are ahead. Isaac is definitely up there too. BK always felt like a pipe dream until now, so I’d be happy with DLC if he didn’t make the base.

domriver

Smash Lord
My big 3 were Geno, Ridley, and King K Rool - I got 2 of 3. So Geno is all thats left. BUT if i were to re do it till Geno is confirmed he will remain my #1 pick. So 1. Geno 2. Mayu/Mio 3. Madam Broodal

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My big 3 were Geno, Ridley, and King K Rool - I got 2 of 3. So Geno is all thats left. BUT if i were to re do it till Geno is confirmed he will remain my #1 pick. So 1. Geno 2. Mayu/Mio 3. Madam Broodal
Mayu/Mio... from Fatal Frame 2?! That game is near and dear to me. Would be fun to see a character that wields a camera as a weapon in Smash Bros.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
My big three still remain Rayman, Banjo Kazooie and, of course, Geno. I know it's likely that only one of these three are going to make it, so I'm personally rooting for Geno a bit more since I think he has the biggest chance out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom