• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
First, put me on suporters list please.

Andree123 asked Vergeben at gamesFAQ about SE rep, if it's Geno or Sora and Vergeben replyed.

Andre123:
"I just wondered if one of the characters is supposed to be Geno or Sora. "

Vergeben:
"I didn't say the character is now DLC. I only said that I cannot confirm or deny the roster size itself, but I can confirm there will be a Square Enix character. Meaning if the roster only has two characters left for instance, and they are Incineroar and Ken, then the Square Enix character is DLC.
It is all hypothetical because I do not know the roster number.

As for why I do not know the Square Enix character, it comes down to Square Enix being over protective of leaks and will fire people for any little thing that leaks and pick fall people regardless of evidence even. Have you ever wondered why things by Square Enix rarely ever leak and when they do it is rare or by early listings?
The company has a harsh view on them, so it keeps the information within.
Square Enix employees are aware who is getting in to Smash, but only certain ones know the actual. They are apparently telling employees different names to try and weed out any would be leakers in the company if people do say it.

On the Nintendo side they are clearly aware who it is since SSBU is their game, but out of respect for Square Enix they are doing all they can to keep it concealed.
I will say right now that I don't know if I'll find out who the character is confirmed to be before the character is actually revealed or possibly leaks through some other means.
I do have a list of some names I heard are being intentionally leaked to be, and the real one may very well be among them, but I don't really want to publicly share those if it means jobs could be lost.
So I think this one will be best to let things play out by itself."
I guess that explains why we have names for the other leaks but only "An SE character" I'm willing to believe this because of how Vergeben has been. also explains why he didn't share the name of the SE character when he first heard it. dudes probably been in the leaking business for awhile so I'm sure he knows his stuff. and the company throwing around a bunch of fake names makes sense. when the announcer for smash 4 was recording his lines they had him say a bunch of fake names like Rayman along with everyone else to keep him from knowing spoilers.

So yeah unless a picture on the level of the Ken picture pops up for Geno I think we're gonna have to hunker down and wait because with measures like that I don't see how we'll ever find out if the SE is for a fact Geno until the announcement. I'm just hoping he pops up in october.

on another note I do wonder a little bit if Nintendo after seeing some of these leaks come out might have picked up Squares ideas for preventing leaks with spreading false names and if maybe incineroar could end up being a fake name and shock us all! maybe not, we did see Ken afterall.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
So fake. :laugh:
In my opinion, every leak with Octolings or Elma or Skull Kid is a fake.
At this point, I don't even care about fake leaks, I'm pretty sure Geno is in the base game.
And Sora is NOT a Square Enix character, he's to Square what DK was to Rare. If he's getting in, this is only because Disney decided it.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you
Octolings, maybe, but I'll believe any leak with Elma in it. Maybe Skull Kid too, but I see him working better as a boss.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Box theory? No, I wasn't talking about that, I don't wanna go anywhere near that thing. I just don't think there's much room for more than 3 unique newcomers to be revealed with only two months left until release, let alone 11 of them.
You misunderstand me.

First off, it is currently the 24th of September, and Ultimate comes out on the 7th of December. Apparently this gives us 73 days until it's release. I'm telling you that I disagree that there isn't enough time to announce more than three characters, but in fact the opposite: we can easily have two more Smash Directs before the release of Ultimate, and we definitely will have at least one. Anyone who thinks there isn't enough time to announce that many characters really seems to forget how far all of this is planned in advance and how the closer something the public wants comes to being released the more the producer of said public desire tends to shove information in their faces.

In regards to the box theory, I never said I thought you believed it, but rather that everyone was on that hype train and was thinking we still had like 4-6 more characters to be announced in the very least until that stupid image popped up and people went to town with a Doomsday theory. It's not happening, and we are likely to get more than the three characters everyone is clamoring about.

link2702

Smash Champion
Bowsette? Genoette?
I’m both horrified yet also intrigued by this... I’m not sure if I should google those or not as I might mentally scar myself forever....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, I just found out that the creator of One Punch Man got in on the Bowsette train. I was not lying when I said that some big name's were contributing to this concept. Heck, I heard the person who designed Chun Li also made a pic as well.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Annnnnnd i was right. Can not unsee.
Trust me, that is not scaring Bowsette art. I find that pic pretty cool. The art really varies, and it partially depends on where you look. Some art is cool, some funny, some lewd, and then there is everything in between. I honestly think this is a good video if anyone is curious how this all happened.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You misunderstand me.

First off, it is currently the 24th of September, and Ultimate comes out on the 7th of December. Apparently this gives us 73 days until it's release. I'm telling you that I disagree that there isn't enough time to announce more than three characters, but in fact the opposite: we can easily have two more Smash Directs before the release of Ultimate, and we definitely will have at least one. Anyone who thinks there isn't enough time to announce that many characters really seems to forget how far all of this is planned in advance and how the closer something the public wants comes to being released the more the producer of said public desire tends to shove information in their faces.

In regards to the box theory, I never said I thought you believed it, but rather that everyone was on that hype train and was thinking we still had like 4-6 more characters to be announced in the very least until that stupid image popped up and people went to town with a Doomsday theory. It's not happening, and we are likely to get more than the three characters everyone is clamoring about.
Depends on how you’re looking at characters. Looking at Echoes + Unique... maybe. Just unique? Absolutely not. After the Smash Direct I predicted we’d get 6 more overall, 3 more Echo fighters and 3 more unique with one unique announced in the inevitable September Direct. So 5 more by my logic, and that was the general tune to which most people sung. People were excited, but not THAT optimistic either given Sakurai’s comments.

The reason so many of us were hurt by Isabelle stems from her being unique and taking the limited spots for a unique newcomer. Unique newcomers get a ton of fanfare and prime positioning, so it’s generally only during Directs that we see them and they usually bookend those. And honestly, there isn’t much reason to expect two Directs unless Sakurai spends a painstaking amount of time on details of certain things.

Spirits and Online will likely have big sections, but there is no reason to think they couldn’t fit in a 40 minute Smash Direct like what we’ve gotten in the past. Smaller things like All-Star returning (if it does), Event Matches, Stadium Events, and so on don’t generally require that much time and can be announced in a modes section. At best we get unique characters to bookend that Direct, and another Echo fighter section that announces the rest. And I think we get such a Direct at the beginning of November.

The idea of having two more Smash Directs is a beautiful idea for fans, and especially for those holding out hope for more characters, but I just don’t think there is any reason to believe they’d give a Direct on Smash and immediately do another one a couple of weeks later. And what we have left doesn’t necessitate two different Directs. I’m sorry, but that sounds just way too optimistic and we have zero indication that we’d get two.

At best we could get a Pokémon general direct next month that would reveal a Pokémon and keep the out of the main Direct... or a newcomer trailer that just airs like Robin and Lucina. And if we’re extremely lucky, both. But that’s not a scenario I see as super likely to be honest. It’s the most reasonable optimism in my mind at this point to see an October reveal and then the main Direct come November.

And with them choosing to generally space out major character announcements, that’s probably the best we can do. They aren’t just going to dump a ton of characters on us in one trailer because they’ve not done that with the past two Smash games, and I don’t see a second Nintendo Direct for Smash in the next two months. I’d love to be wrong mind you, but that’s a pretty down to earth analysis of the situation in my mind.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This whole bowsette thing is kinda insane. like it actually did spike Nintendo's stock! that has gone beyond meme levels. honestly actually makes me wonder if companies might start thinking about how they can utilize the power of memes to help their stocks..... what a strange time we live in.

although my favorite part about it is the memes asking the question of "what would happen if you put this crown on other characters?"
also think this is hitting to an underlying secret desire in the mario fandom. like I remember people also really liking the Evil peach in TTYD or that one picture of a female version of whatever bowser is. I think people want a female primary villian in the mario series. I know I'd love for the Mario series to have a strong female antagonist.

granted it also just fit's into a lot of things various different groups like.

anyway back to Geno! I agree with Eric, I think our best situation at this point is gonna be some kind of mini direct/part of another direct/random reveal in october and than the last full smash direct in november. seeing as we still need to see the new pokemon gen and they've been showing that one new guy in pokemon go. and with the new pokemon game coming november, I could see us getting a small pokemon direct to show those things and then end on incineroar and maybe ken just because.
So I'd imagine than the final direct will have 2 more characters. opening and ending with characters like the pattern has been. personally hoping it opens on Isaac for out golden bros and then finishes with Geno.

anything is still possible though so if I'm lucky we might get even more in the final direct just to make it that big of a finish. but my bet is on 3 uniques left. and who knows how many echoes.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Depends on how you’re looking at characters. Looking at Echoes + Unique... maybe. Just unique? Absolutely not. After the Smash Direct I predicted we’d get 6 more overall, 3 more Echo fighters and 3 more unique with one unique announced in the inevitable September Direct. So 5 more by my logic, and that was the general tune to which most people sung. People were excited, but not THAT optimistic either given Sakurai’s comments.

The reason so many of us were hurt by Isabelle stems from her being unique and taking the limited spots for a unique newcomer. Unique newcomers get a ton of fanfare and prime positioning, so it’s generally only during Directs that we see them and they usually bookend those. And honestly, there isn’t much reason to expect two Directs unless Sakurai spends a painstaking amount of time on details of certain things.

Spirits and Online will likely have big sections, but there is no reason to think they couldn’t fit in a 40 minute Smash Direct like what we’ve gotten in the past. Smaller things like All-Star returning (if it does), Event Matches, Stadium Events, and so on don’t generally require that much time and can be announced in a modes section. At best we get unique characters to bookend that Direct, and another Echo fighter section that announces the rest. And I think we get such a Direct at the beginning of November.

The idea of having two more Smash Directs is a beautiful idea for fans, and especially for those holding out hope for more characters, but I just don’t think there is any reason to believe they’d give a Direct on Smash and immediately do another one a couple of weeks later. And what we have left doesn’t necessitate two different Directs. I’m sorry, but that sounds just way too optimistic and we have zero indication that we’d get two.

At best we could get a Pokémon general direct next month that would reveal a Pokémon and keep the out of the main Direct... or a newcomer trailer that just airs like Robin and Lucina. And if we’re extremely lucky, both. But that’s not a scenario I see as super likely to be honest. It’s the most reasonable optimism in my mind at this point to see an October reveal and then the main Direct come November.

And with them choosing to generally space out major character announcements, that’s probably the best we can do. They aren’t just going to dump a ton of characters on us in one trailer because they’ve not done that with the past two Smash games, and I don’t see a second Nintendo Direct for Smash in the next two months. I’d love to be wrong mind you, but that’s a pretty down to earth analysis of the situation in my mind.
Couldn't have said it better myself. While two more Smash Directs would be ideal for the sake of the hype train, it's incredibly unrealistic considering how they like to space out reveals and how much they seem to have left to show in the first place. At best, I see a Smash Direct in November with two bookend reveals and two or three Echoes sprinkled throughout, and maybe a standalone reveal next month if we're lucky.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Couldn't have said it better myself. While two more Smash Directs would be ideal for the sake of the hype train, it's incredibly unrealistic considering how they like to space out reveals and how much they seem to have left to show in the first place. At best, I see a Smash Direct in November with two bookend reveals and two or three Echoes sprinkled throughout, and maybe a standalone reveal next month if we're lucky.
See, my thoughts on how many directs we have left differs a bit. I'm trying to look at this as a separate entity as opposed to comparing it to Brawl or 4. I think they've made so many efforts trying to say why it's the Ultimate game. I think that they will want to finish strong as opposed to tapering off towards the end. We're definitely getting one more, but I can honestly see them doing two because it'll create the hype when they it matters, right before launch. Of course as always, it's just my opinion, but I think Sakurai has proven he wants to go above and beyond for this.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
See, my thoughts on how many directs we have left differs a bit. I'm trying to look at this as a separate entity as opposed to comparing it to Brawl or 4. I think they've made so many efforts trying to say why it's the Ultimate game. I think that they will want to finish strong as opposed to tapering off towards the end. We're definitely getting one more, but I can honestly see them doing two because it'll create the hype when they it matters, right before launch. Of course as always, it's just my opinion, but I think Sakurai has proven he wants to go above and beyond for this.
Agreed. I actually think we're gonna get one in early October and then again in the middle to late November. That'll leave just a few weeks left and leave hype levels at a high before the game releases.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt any leaks that specify any Square Enix related thing to be actually real. Obviously Geno seems to be likely, but like other people said it's likely SE will keep any thing from leaking.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Peachette has been Nintendo's biggest mistake, they probably realized it but now it's too late for them, the Internet already took over.
they've created a waifu power up
it's basically the canon version of minus8's shygals and other mario enemies XD

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think that one is cute, but a bit too risque. There are plenty of these Super Crown transformations that are 100% SFW and cute, people treating it all as "creepy" are being far too judgemental if you ask me.
That one is actually adorable. And yeah, people treating it as "creepy" bugs me, too. Probably because it stems from really subtle transphobic tropes that people probably don't even notice (such as the "beautiful woman 'being a man'" trope, calling them "a trap", etc.) I know it ain't intentional, but it hasn't gone unnoticed. But I certainly don't mind ones like this that're just meant to be cute. Where'd you get it from? I'd love to check out the artist.

gebi

Cloud Prince
That one is actually adorable. And yeah, people treating it as "creepy" bugs me, too. Probably because it stems from really subtle transphobic tropes that people probably don't even notice (such as the "beautiful woman 'being a man'" trope, calling them "a trap", etc.) I know it ain't intentional, but it hasn't gone unnoticed. But I certainly don't mind ones like this that're just meant to be cute. Where'd you get it from? I'd love to check out the artist.
dude its stupid and not funny or cute

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The point is this:
-Google's Bowsette- DEAR GOD, it's all so sexualised!
not the fact that it's "a trap"; I mean, you can dress Mario with a bride dress in Mario Odyssey, who cares.

I'm just glad I haven't seen anyone's rendition of Wario with the power-up. The internet is terrifying.
Give them some time :rotfl:
At a certain point they may start doing it with characters from outside the Mario series too, who knows.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I mean, it is the internet...
-Google's Bowsette- DEAR GOD, it's all so sexualised!

Yup and the Internet can either be a scary place or place that you can use to expand your imagination, depending on how you look at it and to be honest, I’ve seen far worse things on the Internet myself, so it is quite tame.

But for the sake of relevancy of this forum, I’m hoping everyday that Geno finally gets his chance to be playable in a game once again after 22 years and after asking for him for over 10+ years, he deserves the spotlight.

This will be me if/when he finally gets in:
37828010-A76A-468B-AFD1-D453DEF4229C.jpeg

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Give them some time :rotfl:
At a certain point they may start doing it with characters from outside the Mario series too, who knows.
I can already see the redundancy when they start doing it to already-plenty-sexy-in-their-own-right-thank-you-very-much female characters, like Pyra, Krystal, Rouge, and Tifa. It'll start looking less like an alternate version of the character and more like Princess Peach cosplay.

This is the equivalent of
"Cap'n, we've prepped the first missile to launch."
"Very good, prepa-"
"We've launched all 20,000 salvos."
Remember Eggette/Omelette from Sonic Mania? Here we go again, only with far more Rule 34.

Last edited:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
dude its stupid and not funny or cute
What a compelling argument. Here's one for you: "I disagree with you, it is funny and cute, and sometimes it can be hot or sexy as well."

Now, if everyone is done attacking each other's taste, maybe we should get back on topic.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't like when people are sexualizing video games' characters, especially when it's games like Mario. But hey, that's the internet.

But i gotta say that the Genoette picture by B Bendario is cool. Good design, not vulgar, that's cool. But the name, just like Bowsette, doesn't make any sense.

My prediction: Smash Bros Direct in November with 6 reveals: - Incineroar, Isaac and Geno as newcomers
- Shadow, Dixie Kong and Ken as echo fighters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't like when people are sexualizing video games' characters, especially when it's games like Mario. But hey, that's the internet.

But i gotta say that the Genoette picture by B Bendario is cool. Good design, not vulgar, that's cool. But the name, just like Bowsette, doesn't make any sense.

My prediction: Smash Bros Direct in November with 6 reveals: - Incineroar, Isaac and Geno as newcomers
- Shadow, Dixie Kong and Ken as echo fighters
I do perfer the less overtly sexual art, but you can't avoid it in this situation. I still love a ton of the art that hass been made though. Also, what would be a hetter name, because no name I can think of rolls off the tongue well. At least for Peach. I actually want someone make a fusion between Geno and Rosalina, because I feel that's more fitting, and it has working names. Gena, Roso, etc.

domriver

Smash Lord
I do believe that we will have another Smash Direct like i said before anywhere from Oct.15th through Nov.2 only because the game starts shipping out early Nov for reviews and what not. There might be something like early Dec before the game released but i think that will be DLC announcement. I am hoping a Pokemon Direct is in the works soon or something to get that New Pokemon out of the way so that clears the way for the main direct to have 2 unique newcomers and however many echos. The Final Smash direct will be i think 45 minutes long. Mysterious mode, left over AT's music , newcomers etc... lots of things left to explain. Next week first week of October we shall see whats in store.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do believe that we will have another Smash Direct like i said before anywhere from Oct.15th through Nov.2 only because the game starts shipping out early Nov for reviews and what not. There might be something like early Dec before the game released but i think that will be DLC announcement. I am hoping a Pokemon Direct is in the works soon or something to get that New Pokemon out of the way so that clears the way for the main direct to have 2 unique newcomers and however many echos. The Final Smash direct will be i think 45 minutes long. Mysterious mode, left over AT's music , newcomers etc... lots of things left to explain. Next week first week of October we shall see whats in store.
My thoughts exactly, though I lean towards it showing up in Early November and there isn’t necessarily a reason to need it by November 2nd.

My dream is Isaac and Golden Sun start the Direct and Geno closes it. I’m pretty sure that’d satisfy just about everyone except the Dee fans. And even then, we got 4 huge requests in one game in addition to some smaller ones. That’s my wishful thinking at this point though.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My thoughts exactly, though I lean towards it showing up in Early November and there isn’t necessarily a reason to need it by November 2nd.

My dream is Isaac and Golden Sun start the Direct and Geno closes it. I’m pretty sure that’d satisfy just about everyone except the Dee fans. And even then, we got 4 huge requests in one game in addition to some smaller ones. That’s my wishful thinking at this point though.
I would love to see Isaac and Geno both make it in at this point, though it’s wishful thinking, who knows what Sakurai has up his sleeve.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Made a comment on one of my Facebook friends' posts about Peachette earlier today and wanted to see what you all thought of it:

"There's a side of me that hopes the Peachette mushroom makes it into one of the Mario RPG stories. Something SFW on the lines of: a koopa/goomba loves Bowser, stumbles upon a Peachette mushroom, transforms and tries to impress him. Bowser ends up refusing, citing he only wants the real Peach, so the koopa/goomba ends up trying to impress him by assembling an army and taking over the Mushroom Kingdom. In an unexpected twist, not only does Bowser's army prefer her over Bowser but the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom prefer her over Peach. The premise of the game is to set things right all while trying to console both a deeply depressed Bowser and Peach. I think that would be a hilarious story and it would have so much potential."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom