• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Man I wish Geno could be in but Sora is still a threat...
Coming from a big Sora supporter, I have to disagree

- being in the base roster would make no sense for Sora

- there are many points aligned for geno (mii costume, fully owned by square, high demand since brawl)

- Related to the mario series

- Sora is considered a Disney rep rather than a SE rep. If anything, the rumored spot is most likely geno. If not then it has to be one of DQ, Final Fantasy, chrono trigger, or bravely default.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

WOOOOOOO buddy, okay. Dunno if this has been talked about, but I'm bringing this up here. For a quick TL;DR, this guy CLAIMS:

-The date of a Smash-dedicated Direct, being October 16th.
-That is was delayed, originally dated for October 6th.
-Has sources as credible and numerous as Vergeben, some of which are the same source.
-All the characters for Ultimate have been decided on as of September 20th, which was three days ago. Unsure if this is referring to base roster (which shoudl have been done years ago) or also DLC characters, as he talks about DLC right after.
-Day 1 DLC has been discussed as well as possible DLC (again, whether or not he means DLC in general or DLC outside of what he claims to know of is unclear), but no details here.
-Unique Fighters we are getting are: Bandana Dee, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Elma (Xenoblade), Issac, GENO, Shadow the Hedgehog, Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Saki (Sin and Punishment), Klaus (Mother).
-Echo Fighters are: Medusa for Palutena, Ken for Ryu, Octoling for Inkling, Dixie for Diddy, Black Shadow for Cpt. Falcon, Black Knight for Ike.
-Claims to know everything that will happen in the next direct and the order of events, but not how things will be revealed in the future.
-In the next direct we will get: 4 new fighters, 2 new echoes, 2 new stages, 5 new assist trophies, 2 new Pokemon, 4 brand new items, some sort of in-game shop and a new currency for it, buyable costumes and palettes, and a teaser for single player/'Spirits' mode.
-Claims that the direct will open with Link, Shulk and Marth fighting the Rathalos. Link and Marth will get bodied but Shulk will hang on long enough for Elma to intervene. We will get her gameplay trailer, but then it will cut back to her struggling with Rathalos and about to take a hit when Issac comes out and saves her. Issac gets his gameplay reel that also shows off a transitioning Golden Sun stage. Sakurai then talks about Issac and Elma.
-We transition to Pokemon and ATs, in which we see Drampa and Chandelure added as well as Saturos, King Boo, Poochy, Urbosa and Creeper from MC. We then see two new items: MC Pickaxe and Royal Badge. Sakurai then talks a bit about music, tells us there is an official album with MP3 available.
-Then we get echoes: First Ken, then Medusa. Then we get a highlight reel of all the reveals so far and then a Shadow the Hedgehog reveal that shows him to be a 'semi-clone' a la Isabelle and Dr. Mario. This leads into Sakurai talking about 'semi-clones' vs echoes, stating reasons why the 'semi-clones' are more unique than echoes, apparently referencing how many characters have a counter.
-The blurred out image in the sidebar is apparently the in-game shop and will feature both things to buy with in-game currency and actual DLC real-moniez stuff. Then Sakurai shows off a bunch of new 'characters' which are actually just skins you can buy: BOTW Zelda, Digby, Ms. Pac-Man and Ninten. Sakurai then talks more about costumes and unlocking them, then states reasoning on why some characters fit better as costumes than being unique fighters or echoes. Then shows off more costumes: Clay Kirby, King Mario, Boxer DK and new Inkling haircuts.
-Sakurai bids us farewell and it cuts to a replay of K.Rool trailer, except it is a reflection and somehow ties into New Pork City where Porky is being battled against by I guess Ness and Lucas. A shadowy figure looms and out pops Klaus with a Mother 3 remix. He gets his gameplay reel and then it cuts to them defeating Porky, who explodes as Klaus looks at Lucas.

Honestly, I don't believe this 'leak', and the reason may seem contradictory but hear me out.

1. It has TOO MUCH content. Seriously, as much as I think the Box Theory is fake due to it suggesting such a lack of future reveals, this one seems fake due to it basically saying we are getting just about everything everyone has asked for outside of Rayman, Shantae and maybe Chorus Men. I mean, this 'leak' includes even many of the echoes people have been talking about as well as suggesting that we will not only get the last of the 2007 Legends (Geno, Issac, BWD and B&K, RIP Rayman ;_; ) but that we will also get Skull Kid and Elma who are both much more recently popular character choices. It also claims that Sora will get in, which always seems like an iffy claim to me because Disney's track record with fighting games hasn't been so swell (looking at you, Marvel Infinite...-_-). It just seems to be too good, that everyone will get what they want...even if that has been what Sakurai has been doing thus far.

2. It's very specific. Now I'm no expert on the history of leaks that claim to know this much info, but so far for Ultimate it seems like the less the information we've gotten from a leaker the more spot on it has been. Look at Vergeben: Nothing elaborate or predicting a whole direct bit by bit, but just saying 'Hey, this is gonna happen' in various levels of detail and assurance. Speaking of Vergeben...

3. Claims to have sources as reliable as Vergeben, as well as having the same sources as Vergeben. What is this new thing about tying yourself to the most credible source we have to try and make yourself credible. This also kinda forces Vergeben to eventually respond to this in some form, and this 'leak's' credibility kinda hangs on his response. Not sure I would hang all that extra baggage on my 'leak' personally.

4. Weird MC representation. Now understand, I really do NOT want Steve in this game, but even so I found it easily believable that we would at least get a MC stage along with an AT and an item or two...but this 'leaker' suggests we are only getting an AT and a single item, and to me that sounds off. MC is too big to only get two items, so I feel like either we would get MC stage and two items, Steve + MC stage and two items, or nothing at all.

5. How this 'leaker' talked about DLC. Seriously, Day 1 DLC in Smash? Sakurai isn't an idiot: he knows better than to drop any content outside of a hotfix or something of a similar nature to fix a big problem in the game that didn't get detected until after launch, especially since many people praise how the DLC was handled in Smash 4. I also feel like DLC wouldn't be completely locked down at this point since the game hasn't launched yet, but the only character that wasn't chosen prior to the ballot in Smash 4 was Bayonetta, so maybe they have gotten those talks done and out of the way.

As for the things that make me hope this leak is real...

1. Everyone gets what they want! Seriously, the same reason I think it's fake is why I hope it isn't. We don't have to pick between Geno or Issac, Skull Kid makes the cut, Mother gets a new rep, and Shadow gets the Isabelle treatment to be a more fleshed-out character. Almost no one loses here who hasn't had something come up earlier to deconfirm their character and everyone walks away mostly happy.

2. In-Game Store and costumes sound amazing. I can't think of a better way to represent characters that just are not feasible or to just flat out give us more options for fashion and flair that Smash really hasn't had too much of in the past when compared to other fighters. This makes it even more interesting when you acknowledge the info PapaGenos got that suggests that 'Spirits' Mode will have some sort of unique collectible, which could easily be currency to purchase palettes and costumes. To me this would be a huge leap for Smash in both building hype (although it would deconfirm some wanted additions, but hopefully they understand it to be very much a Shovel Knight situation and that it's super cool they are in the game in some form at all) and pushing towards people looking at Smash as a fighting game more than ever as it's getting more and more features that other fighters have.

3. It gives us a Direct date. If this even remotely true, this would give us two things regarding dates: that the next Direct is only just over three weeks away, and that it was originally only a little under two weeks away. That latter portion hints at something more epic: it is possible that we may get two more Smash-dedicated Directs before the game launches in December, which is something I was talking about being likely and this would finally destroy that stupid Box Theory.

4. I've just been to this place before (higher on the street, even). Is it just me, or did we hear about getting an Issac trailer in a very similar situation before?The only differences between this one and the previous one is that Shulk is the last one standing against Rathalos, which setups up Elma's reveal, and then Issac comes to save Elma instead of Link. I understand that this doesn't remotely make this credible, but when you have more than one source giving very similar takes on a situation, there is usually a reason for that. Also, I really want this to happen so that my Issac brothers next door can go ape over the return of the Prodigal Sun (hehe, I'm kinda proud of that one, not gonna lie. I've heard he was lost for ages...okay, I'll stop now).

5. It kills the Box Theory. Not sure this needs any explanation: the Box Theory is dumb, hypeless trash and needs to never come true ever.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

WOOOOOOO buddy, okay. Dunno if this has been talked about, but I'm bringing this up here. For a quick TL;DR, this guy CLAIMS:

-Has sources as credible and numerous as Vergeben, some of which are the same source.
-All the characters for Ultimate have been decided on as of September 20th, which was three days ago. Unsure if this is referring to base roster (which shoudl have been done years ago) or also DLC characters, as he talks about DLC right after.
-Day 1 DLC has been discussed as well as possible DLC (again, whether or not he means DLC in general or DLC outside of what he claims to know of is unclear), but no details here.
-Unique Fighters we are getting are: Bandana Dee, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Elma (Xenoblade), Issac, GENO, Shadow the Hedgehog, Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Saki (Sin and Punishment), Klaus (Mother).
-Echo Fighters are: Medusa for Palutena, Ken for Ryu, Octoling for Inkling, Dixie for Diddy, Black Shadow for Cpt. Falcon, Black Knight for Ike.
-Claims to know everything that will happen in the next direct and the order of events, but not how things will be revealed in the future.
-In the next direct we will get: 4 new fighters, 2 new echoes, 2 new stages, 5 new assist trophies, 2 new Pokemon, 4 brand new items, some sort of in-game shop and a new currency for it, buyable costumes and palettes, and a teaser for single player/'Spirits' mode.
-Claims that the direct will open with Link, Shulk and Marth fighting the Rathalos. Link and Marth will get bodied but Shulk will hang on long enough for Elma to intervene. We will get her gameplay trailer, but then it will cut back to her struggling with Rathalos and about to take a hit when Issac comes out and saves her. Issac gets his gameplay reel that also shows off a transitioning Golden Sun stage. Sakurai then talks about Issac and Elma.
-We transition to Pokemon and ATs, in which we see Drampa and Chandelure added as well as Saturos, King Boo, Poochy, Urbosa and Creeper from MC. We then see two new items: MC Pickaxe and Royal Badge. Sakurai then talks a bit about music, tells us there is an official album with MP3 available.
-Then we get echoes: First Ken, then Medusa. Then we get a highlight reel of all the reveals so far and then a Shadow the Hedgehog reveal that shows him to be a 'semi-clone' a la Isabelle and Dr. Mario. This leads into Sakurai talking about 'semi-clones' vs echoes, stating reasons why the 'semi-clones' are more unique than echoes, apparently referencing how many characters have a counter.
-The blurred out image in the sidebar is apparently the in-game shop and will feature both things to buy with in-game currency and actual DLC real-moniez stuff. Then Sakurai shows off a bunch of new 'characters' which are actually just skins you can buy: BOTW Zelda, Digby, Ms. Pac-Man and Ninten. Sakurai then talks more about costumes and unlocking them, then states reasoning on why some characters fit better as costumes than being unique fighters or echoes. Then shows off more costumes: Clay Kirby, King Mario, Boxer DK and new Inkling haircuts.
-Sakurai bids us farewell and it cuts to a replay of K.Rool trailer, except it is a reflection and somehow ties into New Pork City where Porky is being battled against by I guess Ness and Lucas. A shadowy figure looms and out pops Klaus with a Mother 3 remix. He gets his gameplay reel and then it cuts to them defeating Porky, who explodes as Klaus looks at Lucas.

Honestly, I don't believe this 'leak', and the reason may seem contradictory but hear me out.

1. It has TOO MUCH content. Seriously, as much as I think the Box Theory is fake due to it suggesting such a lack of future reveals, this one seems fake due to it basically saying we are getting just about everything everyone has asked for outside of Rayman, Shantae and maybe Chorus Men. I mean, this 'leak' includes even many of the echoes people have been talking about as well as suggesting that we will not only get the last of the 2007 Legends (Geno, Issac, BWD and B&K, RIP Rayman ;_; ) but that we will also get Skull Kid and Elma who are both much more recently popular character choices. It also claims that Sora will get in, which always seems like an iffy claim to me because Disney's track record with fighting games hasn't been so swell (looking at you, Marvel Infinite...-_-). It just seems to be too good, that everyone will get what they want...even if that has been what Sakurai has been doing thus far.

2. It's very specific. Now I'm no expert on the history of leaks that claim to know this much info, but so far for Ultimate it seems like the less the information we've gotten from a leaker the more spot on it has been. Look at Vergeben: Nothing elaborate or predicting a whole direct bit by bit, but just saying 'Hey, this is gonna happen' in various levels of detail and assurance. Speaking of Vergeben...

3. Claims to have sources as reliable as Vergeben, as well as having the same sources as Vergeben. What is this new thing about tying yourself to the most credible source we have to try and make yourself credible. This also kinda forces Vergeben to eventually respond to this in some form, and this 'leak's' credibility kinda hangs on his response. Not sure I would hang all that extra baggage on my 'leak' personally.

4. Weird MC representation. Now understand, I really do NOT want Steve in this game, but even so I found it easily believable that we would at least get a MC stage along with an AT and an item or two...but this 'leaker' suggests we are only getting an AT and a single item, and to me that sounds off. MC is too big to only get two items, so I feel like either we would get MC stage and two items, Steve + MC stage and two items, or nothing at all.

5. How this 'leaker' talked about DLC. Seriously, Day 1 DLC in Smash? Sakurai isn't an idiot: he knows better than to drop any content outside of a hotfix or something of a similar nature to fix a big problem in the game that didn't get detected until after launch, especially since many people praise how the DLC was handled in Smash 4. I also feel like DLC wouldn't be completely locked down at this point since the game hasn't launched yet, but the only character that wasn't chosen prior to the ballot in Smash 4 was Bayonetta, so maybe they have gotten those talks done and out of the way.

1. Everyone gets what they want! Seriously, the same reason I think it's fake is why I hope it isn't. We don't have to pick between Geno or Issac, Skull Kid makes the cut, Mother gets a new rep, and Shadow gets the Isabelle treatment to be a more fleshed-out character. Almost no one loses here who hasn't had something come up earlier to deconfirm their character and everyone walks away mostly happy.

2. In-Game Store and costumes sound amazing. I can't think of a better way to represent characters that just are not feasible or to just flat out give us more options for fashion and flair that Smash really hasn't had too much of in the past when compared to other fighters. This makes it even more interesting when you acknowledge the info PapaGenos got that suggests that 'Spirits' Mode will have some sort of unique collectible, which could easily be currency to purchase palettes and costumes. To me this would be a huge leap for Smash in both building hype (although it would deconfirm some wanted additions, but hopefully they understand it to be very much a Shovel Knight situation and that it's super cool they are in the game in some form at all) and pushing towards people looking at Smash as a fighting game more than ever as it's getting more and more features that other fighters have.

3. It gives us a Direct date. If this even remotely true, this would give us two things regarding dates: that the next Direct is only just over three weeks away, and that it was originally only a little under two weeks away. That latter portion hints at something more epic: it is possible that we may get two more Smash-dedicated Directs before the game launches in December, which is something I was talking about being likely and this would finally destroy that stupid Box Theory.

4. I've just been to this place before (higher on the street, even). Is it just me, or did we hear about getting an Issac trailer in a very similar situation before?The only differences between this one and the previous one is that Shulk is the last one standing against Rathalos, which setups up Elma's reveal, and then Issac comes to save Elma instead of Link. I understand that this doesn't remotely make this credible, but when you have more than one source giving very similar takes on a situation, there is usually a reason for that. Also, I really want this to happen so that my Issac brothers next door can go ape over the return of the Prodigal Sun (hehe, I'm kinda proud of that one, not gonna lie. I've heard he was lost for ages...okay, I'll stop now).

5. It kills the Box Theory. Not sure this needs any explanation: the Box Theory is dumb, hypeless trash and needs to never come true ever.
Sounds like a dream come true.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Bruh... four new characters and two Echoes revealed in one Direct? And a whole bunch more of both even beyond that??
No way is this real. It is quite literally impossible given the current timetable of reveals. This guy got way too greedy writing his fanfiction.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, any leak that goes over 4 unique newcomers you can pretty much guarantee to be fake. We’re not getting that many any way you slice it, unless we get a Brawl style end video or something (Which is just not the way we do newcomers anymore). Even 3 is a little iffy at this point, but I’m willing to accept the possibility of that many being left in my best of dreams (and for gods sake I hope that isn’t Incineroar and Steve with one more).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

if true i'll be so happy
but i highly doubt it. There's way too much info, and it's not really something sakurai to do or say why things are the way they are in a direct, that stuffs for famitsu.

Also claus seems a bit odd, wouldn't Masked Man be better? Claus alone doesn’t even posses PK or PSI abilities, not even any regular attacks.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
So fake. :laugh:
In my opinion, every leak with Octolings or Elma or Skull Kid is a fake.
At this point, I don't even care about fake leaks, I'm pretty sure Geno is in the base game.
And Sora is NOT a Square Enix character, he's to Square what DK was to Rare. If he's getting in, this is only because Disney decided it.

All of you already talking about DLC is pretty depressing. Nothing about the characters they chose as DLC in Smash 4 would give me any hope that Geno would be the type of character they'd make as DLC for Ultimate. It was all returning veterans, widely recognizable third parties, or advertisements for new games.

Hoping for Geno as DLC before we even know the final roster is giving me an all too familiar feeling like we're going to get screwed again, because I have a hard time believing he'd be added that way. He has everything going for him right now with the fanbase, sakurai support, and SE playing ball. There is no reason for him not to make the base roster and if he doesn't, there is obviously something going on behind the scenes here that isn't going to resolve itself in time for DLC.

Have some dang hope that he's just in the game. We don't ****ing deserve to be strung along any further here
I couldn't agree more. Thank you

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman

I will never believe any leak that explains things in that much detail. I mean, you may have sources that say that a Direct may happen or that X character is going to be revealed, but I will never believe anyone who claims to know so many things about the Direct, like the specific number of stages or ATs or Pokémon revealed. You'd have to have watched the Direct many times to remember that many things about it.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but no, I don't believe this for a minute and I agree with most of your points as to why one shouldn't.

I'm not familiar with this dude but this comes off as a "my uncle works at Nintendo so HERE'S THIS STUFF I'LL TELL YOU!"

Edit roughly half an hour later:
So I did some looking around and found this stuff on gamefaqs:
1. Someone posted to gamefaqs asking if this thread could be confirmed or not. This thread leads to this 4chan post that basically says the same thing as that video.
2. Vergeben responds here and says,
"If they have multiple sources and the information that I have heard is coming from only one of their sources, maybe. But that is the extent of it.
It seems convenient for someone to speculate we talk to the same person or people when they've heard so much more that I haven't. I'm as skeptical as you are about everything they're saying. "

Just thought you guys would be interested that he responded to this thing.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince
So fake. :laugh:
In my opinion, every leak with Octolings or Elma or Skull Kid is a fake.
At this point, I don't even care about fake leaks, I'm pretty sure Geno is in the base game.
And Sora is NOT a Square Enix character, he's to Square what DK was to Rare. If he's getting in, this is only because Disney decided it.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you
i understand the others but why not skull kid.
i'm not sure my faith in Geno is slowly diminishing sadly.

gebi

Cloud Prince
Don't give up on Geno! Let's pray to the stars in Star Road that he will finally make it.
i knoww and im trying. i used to think he was at 80% but now to me his chances are a coin flip. :(
i think its just because the reveals are nearing their end and i'm worried about getting burnt so i am sub consciously putting up defenses to prevent that.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Bruh... four new characters and two Echoes revealed in one Direct? And a whole bunch more of both even beyond that??
No way is this real. It is quite literally impossible given the current timetable of reveals. This guy got way too greedy writing his fanfiction.
See this I disagree with: I find it completely possible for us to have two more Smash-dedicated Directs, even if they come later in the coming months. Do I think we will get as many characters as the leak I shared says? No way, though I would be rather happy if we did. However, people are putting way too much stock into this stupid Box Theory and are convinced we are only getting two more characters or that we are only getting the three Vergeben has talked about when we have a little over two months before the game comes out...which is plenty of time to either have two Smash Directs or one Smash Direct and a Nintendo Direct that either covers only a tad of new stuff for Smash or could end up like E3's Direct and have lots of Smash news after some other big news.

Also, I like how a dumb theory about some digital placeholder art pops up and NOW people are like 'Sakurai did say not to expect to many characters...' when before it was a meme to quote that and be like 'Oh yeah, not to many more, just like a billion more.' People are too easily swayed nowadays. If Sakurai REALLY sticks by this, then we could easily have 10-13 new fighters because Melee had 14 newcomers, the least of the series so far. I don't count echo fighters in this because they are to easy to throw in, which means we only have 5 unique newcomers at the moment.

Klimax

Smash Ace
i understand the others but why not skull kid.
i'm not sure my faith in Geno is slowly diminishing sadly.
Because in my opinion and I'm saying this since the beginning, Skull Kid is not happening.

I'm more and more confident in Geno's chances. The only people who are not confident in Geno's chances are his haters and strangely... His fans. But most of the people are like "yeah, Geno is a lock" and i agree with that.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Because in my opinion and I'm saying this since the beginning, Skull Kid is not happening.

I'm more and more confident in Geno's chances. The only people who are not confident in Geno's chances are his haters and strangely... His fans. But most of the people are like "yeah, Geno is a lock" and i agree with that.
To be fair on the fan part, part of that is wanting him so long and not getting him.
I get it. I don't fall into that camp, but I get it.

I'm not entirely sure about Skull Kid personally. I call it a coin toss. I'd like Zelda to have him as a rep though. He'd certainly be very different.

gebi

Cloud Prince

yee skull kid would be nice but he is unlikely. Geno is still the most likely unique fighter to be added. but i wouldn't say hes a lock, nobody is.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game and one of my all time favorite games in general, though I don't think Skull Kid would fit Smash honestly.
His design is cool, but he's not an important character, he... has been kinda important only in one game, all of his other appearances are as a regular enemy or as a minor character only in a specific section of the game.
There is a bit of lore behind him, both the specific one from Majora's Mask and the species in general, but aside of that, I doubt it's Smash material.
There's also the problem of the moveset... what should he do? As far as I know, the only way a Skull Kid can attack you is by shooting stuff from his flute.
You can't base a moveset on this, and the powers obtained from the Majora's Mask are way too OP, he can curse people and distort the reality.
Maybe a moveset is possible with some creativity, but I think it's unlikely.
Most of the events of Majora's Mask are generated by the mask itself, that's sentient and controlled the skullkid like a puppet. He's not even the one who does the stuff.
If zelda is going to get a new villain, better to be pig Ganon, he and Dixie Kong are the most important Nintendo characters who are still missing from the roster.

Anyway, about Geno, this time he has a way bigger chance than usual, but IMO he's still far from being a lock... I hope he's in, but it's not 100% sure he will be.
As I said in the speculation thread, I fear that at a certain point they will reveal that Mii costumes are back, and I think that there is a chance (I hope it will not happen) that they will keep Geno as a Mii costume. That's my biggest fear, and IMO it's likely, sadly.
Again, I hope this won't happen.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I'm with the crowd that said we should be the most optimistic of all the speculation threads because Geno seems the most likely to happen. I recently completed Super Mario RPG and I'm ready for Geno to make his return after leaving us 22 years ago. It's time.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
First, put me on suporters list please.

Andree123 asked Vergeben at gamesFAQ about SE rep, if it's Geno or Sora and Vergeben replyed.

Andre123:
"I just wondered if one of the characters is supposed to be Geno or Sora. "

Vergeben:
"I didn't say the character is now DLC. I only said that I cannot confirm or deny the roster size itself, but I can confirm there will be a Square Enix character. Meaning if the roster only has two characters left for instance, and they are Incineroar and Ken, then the Square Enix character is DLC.
It is all hypothetical because I do not know the roster number.

As for why I do not know the Square Enix character, it comes down to Square Enix being over protective of leaks and will fire people for any little thing that leaks and pick fall people regardless of evidence even. Have you ever wondered why things by Square Enix rarely ever leak and when they do it is rare or by early listings?
The company has a harsh view on them, so it keeps the information within.
Square Enix employees are aware who is getting in to Smash, but only certain ones know the actual. They are apparently telling employees different names to try and weed out any would be leakers in the company if people do say it.

On the Nintendo side they are clearly aware who it is since SSBU is their game, but out of respect for Square Enix they are doing all they can to keep it concealed.
I will say right now that I don't know if I'll find out who the character is confirmed to be before the character is actually revealed or possibly leaks through some other means.
I do have a list of some names I heard are being intentionally leaked to be, and the real one may very well be among them, but I don't really want to publicly share those if it means jobs could be lost.
So I think this one will be best to let things play out by itself."

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I just liked the first post - I haven't asked in all this time but I'd like to be on the supporter list.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will say one thing regarding Sora ... my wife works for Costco Travel and when it comes to anything Disney related ... they are very particular and hard to work with regarding advertising their vacation packages. Very protective of every single detail ... and i mean every small, small detail.

MephistoSlayer

Smash Rookie
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77035099?jumpto=19#19

Verg posted that Square has extremely strict rules against characters leaking and is even spreading fake leaks among employees to prevent it.

Dunno if true
Well, if I wanted to prevent a character from leaking that would be thats what I would limit information to minor employees. After all, if someone is saying the truth between falsehoods only speculation remains.

domriver

Smash Lord
The next direct can't come soon enough. ejeje

EDIT1:
The logo of Kingdom Hearts utilized in merchandizing. Kingdom Hearts (Japanese: キングダム ハーツ Hepburn: Kingudamu Hātsu) is a series of crossover action role-playing games owned by Disney and developed and published by Square Enix (originally by Square).

Sora is no way a threat to Geno. Sora is Disney period. Square published it.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
See this I disagree with: I find it completely possible for us to have two more Smash-dedicated Directs, even if they come later in the coming months. Do I think we will get as many characters as the leak I shared says? No way, though I would be rather happy if we did. However, people are putting way too much stock into this stupid Box Theory and are convinced we are only getting two more characters or that we are only getting the three Vergeben has talked about when we have a little over two months before the game comes out...which is plenty of time to either have two Smash Directs or one Smash Direct and a Nintendo Direct that either covers only a tad of new stuff for Smash or could end up like E3's Direct and have lots of Smash news after some other big news.

Also, I like how a dumb theory about some digital placeholder art pops up and NOW people are like 'Sakurai did say not to expect to many characters...' when before it was a meme to quote that and be like 'Oh yeah, not to many more, just like a billion more.' People are too easily swayed nowadays. If Sakurai REALLY sticks by this, then we could easily have 10-13 new fighters because Melee had 14 newcomers, the least of the series so far. I don't count echo fighters in this because they are to easy to throw in, which means we only have 5 unique newcomers at the moment.
Box theory? No, I wasn't talking about that, I don't wanna go anywhere near that thing. I just don't think there's much room for more than 3 unique newcomers to be revealed with only two months left until release, let alone 11 of them.

Last edited:

MrRank

Smash Rookie

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if Geno would make it into Ultimate, considering Square Enix owns the rights to him, and the fact that Nintendo wants nothing to do with Square Enix after losing Final Fantasy to Sony. If it were to happen though, I wouldn't be against it.

Sources:
- https://www.google.com/search?ei=_k.....0i71j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30.447qgwQbeqQ

- http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_back_after_losing_final_fantasy_vii_to_sony
Isn't FF7 coming to Switch from SE? this is weird.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Geno would make it into Ultimate, considering Square Enix owns the rights to him, and the fact that Nintendo wants nothing to do with Square Enix after losing Final Fantasy to Sony. If it were to happen though, I wouldn't be against it.

Sources:
- https://www.google.com/search?ei=_k.....0i71j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30.447qgwQbeqQ

- http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_back_after_losing_final_fantasy_vii_to_sony
judging on how much FF we got on the latest nintendo direct (we're getting final fantasy 7 for crying out loud), this is irrelevant news now :/

Last edited:

MrRank

Smash Rookie
Isn't FF7 coming to Switch from SE? this is weird.
You're right, that is weird. I just looked it up, and apparently they are porting FF games over to the Switch. I never knew about that, I just remember reading about Nintendo and Square's relationship a while ago and thought it would be an interesting point to bring up. :/ Sorry for the misinformation.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet

Sources:

This news article is reporting on an ancient story... more recently, things are better than ever for Nintendo and Square, particularly in regard to Smash Bros collaboration.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Sources:

Cloud is in the game and the last one as well, he’s owned by Square Enix and we’re getting FF 7, 9, and 10 on the Switch, so this news is old and doesn’t even add up with what’s currently going on and Nintendo and Square Enix are on much better terms now.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice

Sources:

Those quotes are regarding something that happened in 1997. SE and Nintendo have long, long since made up. SE has made several Mario games, Nintendo has publish a number of SE games, pushed Dragon Quest in the West harder than SE ever has, and is home to games like the Bravely Series and now Octopath traveler. That's not to mention all the FF love we're getting on the Switch soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw a Genoette pic

That meme has gone too far

(Im not sure I can post it)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just saw a Genoette pic

That meme has gone too far

(Im not sure I can post it)
Dude, the meme has went past being just a regular meme and has gotten so powerful that it caused Nintendo's stock to spike more so than the Nintendo Direct itself did. The Bowsette hashtag has over a million posts and it is the top twitter trend in Japan. We have famous Manga artists making Bowsette pic's and even have plans to make doujinshi of the concept! We are well past the point of no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom