• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So i have been gone all day on road trip(which really was just me driving several hours into a different state and then turning around....i needed a break from things to gather my thoughts) so...what did i miss? Any new leaks? Screenshots?
Nothing much

Except for the fact masterofhyrule just claimed Sora and Steve and very likely geno is in super smash bros ultimate

And this is coming from the mouth of the person who leaked the battlefield in smash bros ultimate

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Honestly, if we got both Geno AND Sora? That'd be great. I was only against Sora because I was worried that he'd take the 2nd rep spot away from Geno, but if it's true that both of them can get in, then I'm good with that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly, if we got both Geno AND Sora? That'd be great. I was only against Sora because I was worried that he'd take the 2nd rep spot away from Geno, but if it's true that both of them can get in, then I'm good with that.
Also since Sora is owned by Disney he doesn't qualify as a SE rep so Cloud and Geno still fills in the slot as two SE reps. :p

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
I don't trust leaks, ever, really. It has to be Roy/Ryu level for me to even give it the time of day.
Verge is just confirming characters everybody was already spectating. It's not like that guy back in the day who leaked Wii Fit Trainer. Nobody was going "hey, they should put Wii Fit Trainer in smash!" She was obscure, he said she'd get in, and she did.
Most leakers are just telling people what they wanna hear. I don't understand why youtubers keep making 10 minute long videos about a list some guy on 4chan made that had all of the top picks on it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think Geno makes more sense base game wise and Sora as DLC. Geno’s the more niche, less broadly appealing character for the generally more hardcore fans of Smash, so he fits the base Ultimate roster much better in the context of “Ultimate” Smash.

I’d be pretty happy with that outcome honestly, as I do like Sora, I just don’t find him super likely to be honest... and I would hope he’d get a halfway unique move set. Something Cloud could have maybe benefitted a little more from haha

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I don't trust leaks, ever, really. It has to be Roy/Ryu level for me to even give it the time of day.
Verge is just confirming characters everybody was already spectating. It's not like that guy back in the day who leaked Wii Fit Trainer. Nobody was going "hey, they should put Wii Fit Trainer in smash!" She was obscure, he said she'd get in, and she did.
Most leakers are just telling people what they wanna hear. I don't understand why youtubers keep making 10 minute long videos about a list some guy on 4chan made that had all of the top picks on it.
blame Matpat for the 10 minutes. but that's completely off topic so lets not get into it.

also about that MasterofHyrule guy.....

dude literally just did a google search, he has no sources. HAHAHAHA!!! dude just did a random online search and went "Hey guys the internets said these characters are in so it must be true!" Like what on earth dude?!?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean I don't go seeking out leaks regularly myself so searching it up in google makes sense I guess? Hope Geno is the Sqaure Enix rep, would not mind Sora but it should be Geno. If both though score that's awesome. Vergeben hasn't commented yet so I believe it's just one Square Enix rep and hope it's Geno.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
blame Matpat for the 10 minutes. but that's completely off topic so lets not get into it.

also about that MasterofHyrule guy.....

dude literally just did a google search he has no sources. HAHAHAHA!!! dude just did a random online search and went "Hey guys the internets said these characters are in so it must be true!" Like what on earth dude?!?!
"I'm hearing from different sources"
"I seen them with a google search"
my guy just clicked the first couple of results and reacts as if it's 100% legitimate insider info lmao

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As long as my Geno is in. I am happy. Geno is the ONLY character I really want in this game left. I got Ridley and King K Rool now lets close with my Geno thats all! anyone else icing on the cake! :D
Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, and Dixie Kong are the last three characters that could get in that will make me completely satisfied with the roster regardless of who else get's in. :)

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Was hopping in to see how you guys were handling the good news, but apparently this guy took his information from leaks he found from googling? Lmao

Regardless though, good luck to you guys. Game would be way better w/ Geno in

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I think MoH is lying to downplay his sources tbh. He does have sources, because he had access to those pictures of Battlefield pre-E3 for the longest time. But passing it off as "oh I just googled lol silly me" seems the type of thing to do when you're dealing with someone like Sora that could potentially get your source in hot water with three different companies at once.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I think MoH is lying to downplay his sources tbh. He does have sources, because he had access to those pictures of Battlefield pre-E3 for the longest time. But passing it off as "oh I just googled lol silly me" seems the type of thing to do when you're dealing with someone like Sora that could potentially get your source in hot water with three different companies at once.
Nah I don't buy that. with the things he's talking about it's clear he is just talking about the few things that have recently been talked about. The Sora tweet, the Ken picture, the guy talking with vergeben, and the mystery SE character everyone is assuming is Geno.
I think it's obvious here by the writting that's literally what he did.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
IMO Master of Hyrule is not leaking anything, he's just saying "recently there are all those rumors... stay alert, they may be fake".
Something that everyone could have said, no need to be a leaker.

I think people are looking way too much into it.

Also isn't that guy the one who makes all those smash mods videos?

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want Sora but I dont see him coming in the base roster common sense I know Verge didn't confirm Geno or Sora. But my money is on my boy Geno. I need Geno first then Sora everyone wins.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Square characters are in fierce competition

Geno the core fan favorite, Sora popular among normies, and Dragon Quest being super popular in Japan

Dragon Quest XI was just announced for Switch a couple hours ago with a special edition

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Square characters are in fierce competition

Geno the core fan favorite, Sora popular among normies, and Dragon Quest being super popular in Japan

Dragon Quest XI was just announced for Switch a couple hours ago with a special edition
I can't see it being a DQ XI rep, Smash's roster was finished late 2015.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Also, we can imagine the reveal of the SE character taking place during the next Smash Direct. For this Smash Direct, they'll reveal Ken and Incineroar, both of them are not ballot picks. They need to announce a ballot pick, at least one. I can't imagine that last pick being someone else than Geno (when it comes to the ballot, he's by far the most wanted SE character).

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
If I wanna bet my money of something if there are two SE reps in theory, I bet Geno will be base and Sora as DLC.

Both Geno and Sora are heavily requested, no doubt. But one must go in first, and i think its Geno. Being both Mario and Square character makes it easier to implement than implementing a character that is owned by both Disney and Square. Beside, Sora as DLC is a better marketing choice than Geno since Sora is popular in the general public and why not rain money by adding Sora for $5? That will increase your profits, more than Geno (who was specific to the Smash community).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
IMO Master of Hyrule is not leaking anything, he's just saying "recently there are all those rumors... stay alert, they may be fake".
Something that everyone could have said, no need to be a leaker.

I think people are looking way too much into it.

Also isn't that guy the one who makes all those smash mods videos?
Yeah, he makes loads of mod videos.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It’s more or less like a complete insult since we’ve been waiting on these characters for so long, only for them to be shafted once again. :(
If you then throw in Isaac potentially not getting in...well, let's just say there's a lot of shafting going on. As of right now, K. Rool and Ridley would be the only ones softening that blow, and they feel more like "should have been in the game years ago" characters.

There needs to be one more fan-favorite pick to close out. Either Geno or Isaac. Hell, Bandana Dee would be something, at least. I'd even be okay (And actually excited) if it was Banjo.

But I swear, if Sakurai ends with Incineroar, Ken and SORA...

...I'll buy the game anyway. But I won't like myself for it, lol.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I was thinking about cancelling my preorder if Geno doesn't make it in. We demanded Geno and they got our hopes up, and we get shafted? This isn't 2008 with Brawl or 2014 with Wii U. There was plenty of time to get Geno in, and Square has been involved since the start, so there's no excuses! They know there's a huge demand for him.After all these months of Directs with fan ballot picks, HTF could you end it with Ken and Incineroar?! Srsly

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If you then throw in Isaac potentially not getting in...well, let's just say there's a lot of shafting going on. As of right now, K. Rool and Ridley would be the only ones softening that blow, and they feel more like "should have been in the game years ago" characters.

There needs to be one more fan-favorite pick to close out. Either Geno or Isaac. Hell, Bandana Dee would be something, at least. I'd even be okay (And actually excited) if it was Banjo.

But I swear, if Sakurai ends with Incineroar, Ken and SORA...

...I'll buy the game anyway. But I won't like myself for it, lol.
Hopefully those aren’t the only characters revealed, but I don’t want to get my hopes up anytime soon.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Why would Sakurai say "no" to Geno anyway ?Because, we know for a fact that Square Enix is playing ball. This time, there's no way that the Starsend Savior doesn't make the cut.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I was thinking about cancelling my preorder if Geno doesn't make it in. We demanded Geno and they got our hopes up, and we get shafted? After all these months of Directs with fan ballot picks, HTF could you end it with Ken and Incineroar?! Srsly
I seriously hope that those aren’t the only characters left and I just don’t see it ending on those two either.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why would Sakurai say "no" to Geno anyway ?Because, we know for a fact that Square Enix is playing ball. This time, there's no way that the Starsend Savior doesn't make the cut.
Honestly, I figure the two most likely third party characters for DLC (assuming that the Vergeben/Box leaks are accurate and they aren't in the base game) are Geno and Heihachi.

Much like with Ryu and Bayonetta in Smash 4, they're already working with Square-Enix and Namco-Bandai for the base game, and Sakurai's already stated that he considered Heihachi for Smash 4 and Geno for the past two games.

Plus, the Mii costumes seem to help. It's not 100% accurate (Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling, and K. Rool went from Mii costumes to playable, but Ashley, Takamaru, Zero, & Knuckles stayed/became assist trophies), but combined with the other details, it seems to be a point in their favour, acknowledging that they're popular choices.

I was thinking about cancelling my preorder if Geno doesn't make it in. We demanded Geno and they got our hopes up, and we get shafted? This isn't 2008 with Brawl or 2014 with Wii U. There was plenty of time to get Geno in, and Square has been involved since the start, so there's no excuses! They know there's a huge demand for him.After all these months of Directs with fan ballot picks, HTF could you end it with Ken and Incineroar?! Srsly
Smash games don't always have the final reveal as the biggest one. Melee had Mr. Game & Watch, Brawl had Wolf (can't remember who the final character revealed before release was - Olimar?), and Smash 4 had Duck Hunt for the base game. (before the release of the 3DS version, I'm pretty sure it was Shulk, a character that most people would have responded with "who?")

Even the Smash Ballot was disappointing to many, seeing as Bayonetta was one character out of the thousands that people picked. (to the point where people are still making elaborate conspiracy theories about how the ballot was "rigged" and she doesn't "deserve" to be in Smash Bros.)

Plus, negotiations with third parties can complicate whether or not characters are added; for all we know, Square-Enix figures that they could make more money off of Geno by including him as DLC.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
He looks a little too mean, I think.
Not enough texture in the cloth to be official.
It’s a good piece of art though.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Hey everyone, I'm new to Smashboards, but Iv'e been a long time Smash bros player (The first smash bros I played was Melee).

I wasn't an huge character supporter in the past (except for Rayman, but it was more "Oh, it would be cool if he got in.") but Iv'e recently played Super Mario RPG, and damn, it's a masterpiece.
Mario RPGs were an huge part of my childhood, and is still a big part of my gaming life. So seeing the origin of all of this, SMRPG was mindblowing.
Between the simple but fun and dynamic gameplay, the amazing ost, the developped universe, and the unique characters such as Mallow, Frogfucius, Smithy, Jonathan Jones, and obviously, Geno, I couldn't ask for a better game.

So after realizing how much support Geno got since...Well, it was possible to ask for characters to get into Smash, I directly supported him.( Could you add me to the Geno support list please by the way ?)
Except for Olimar, I don't have this huge connection with a Smash character. So, if Geno gets in, I would instantly co-main him alongside him my favorite spaceman.

(And sorry if my english is weird, I'm french...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom