• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
And this hilarious pic as well:

I know I posted this last time but this time I found it in better quality. Pichu and Pickachu are friggin' monsters in the Smash games.
I think my favorite part is Zelda's thousand yard stare, thinking, "By Hylia, what monstrous yellow bombchu is this!?"

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
That’s the best suppose leak picture yet

The only mistake is pac-man is hiding the portrait of ken so that’s telling me fake since the portrait is hidden
And the whole Pichu and and PAC-Man renders being pulled right from the trailer.

Also, I know Vergeben is seemingly on our side with a Square character, but the immediacy with which people started saying that this picture of Ken was real and further legitimized Verge as he is an absolute didn’t really sit well with me. It almost felt a little cocky, and we don’t know who Verge is referring to at this point Square wise. Taking a Square character for Geno is still a bit of a jump until he confirms it.

Verge doesn’t know everything, that’s clear from King K Rool. He may be right, and we can come to treat his information as valid, but he won’t be the end all be all. And maybe stop treating the Square character as confirmation of Geno because Verge... You can use whatever narrative you want to convince yourself that the Square character is this one or that. Does Geno make the most sense at this point in time? Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it’s him unfortunately.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
If more images get posted I'll consider the validity-- until then it's still potentially fake.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Honestly I'm taking this rather...cautiously. Ken looks kinda odd overall to me in this, but then again Ryu kinda looks odd in Smash as well. That's not a bad thing, just he looks different compared to everyone else, so I kinda coin toss on that.

I think what really throws me on a limbo thing is that ken's avatar picture is so faded out. I mean, there could be a few logical reasons for this - it could be a placeholder till release as they haven't decided on it yet, it could be that this is at an unfinished development point so they're leaving it faded to remind them, or it could be that it's just a final detail for him they're finishing up at this point.
That being said, it still throws it out of whack to me. I'd like it if I'm proven wrong, but I have to doubt a bit more.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm taking this rather...cautiously. Ken looks kinda odd overall to me in this, but then again Ryu kinda looks odd in Smash as well. That's not a bad thing, just he looks different compared to everyone else, so I kinda coin toss on that.

I think what really throws me on a limbo thing is that ken's avatar picture is so faded out. I mean, there could be a few logical reasons for this - it could be a placeholder till release as they haven't decided on it yet, it could be that this is at an unfinished development point so they're leaving it faded to remind them, or it could be that it's just a final detail for him they're finishing up at this point.
That being said, it still throws it out of whack to me. I'd like it if I'm proven wrong, but I have to doubt a bit more.
It's faded because of Pac-Man.

Whether that's intentionally done or not, idk. This seems like it could be an early build.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
It's faded because of Pac-Man.

Whether that's intentionally done or not, idk. This seems like it could be an early build.
Fair point. I hadn't noticed it in any other Ultimate videos before, and hopefully that's the cause.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope; leak Pichu shows a bit less ear.
Guess again

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guess again

A bit less ear for the left in the leak, a bit more for the right. He didn't just crop it.

This guy is arguing in the leak's favor; he has more tweets connected to it.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
You guys are way behind in the Ken leak news.
I mean to be fair, the general discussion board moves so quick that if you don’t check it every two to three minutes you might already be two or more pages behind.
I know if I don’t check it one day i find ten or more pages to go through on the next.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Could be real or not ... I don't doubt Ken will come in as a Ryu Echo since he is THE original Echo fighter.

I'll admit I am not sure about the image in general though. It has been done well which COULD be an image of a debug mode or something. However, there is something not quite right about his shadowing to me, let alone Pac-Man's ground shadow ... or lack there of.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could be real or not ... I don't doubt Ken will come in as a Ryu Echo since he is THE original Echo fighter.

I'll admit I am not sure about the image in general though. It has been done well which COULD be an image of a debug mode or something. However, there is something not quite right about his shadowing to me, let alone Pac-Man's ground shadow ... or lack there of.
The lack of a shadow actually helps prove it might be true

1PgOGZB.png

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
The lack of a shadow actually helps prove it might be true

View attachment 165956
Well that's rather convincing...

Not that it changes much. We already knew Verge was super credible. Though I do suppose this makes him even MORE credible, if true.

What interests me more is, if this is real, how was it acquired? ESRB again? Or just a blog post image that was found? Basically, how much more info could be found from the place this image came from?

Should be an interesting couple of weeks ahead...

Edit: also, what's all that UI stuff in the corner of the leak? That may provide some clues.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The guy that said he guaranteed he's show pictures and video evidence today (the Stanley the bug man guy) now pushed it to 9 tomorrow and now miraculously has Steve footage and pictures to show tomorrow as well! such whoa, much legit.......

Yeah sounds like he heard Steve's number coming up with those more legit leakers and went "Oh crap now I have to add him into my fake one or I'm screwed!" also pushing back the date on his leak and giving an actual time is kinda funny. I wonder how long he's gonna try to string people along until he deletes his account.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
The guy that said he guaranteed he's show pictures and video evidence today (the Stanley the bug man guy) now pushed it to 9 tomorrow and now miraculously has Steve footage and pictures to show tomorrow as well! such whoa, much legit.......

Yeah sounds like he heard Steve's number coming up with those more legit leakers and went "Oh crap now I have to add him into my fake one or I'm screwed!" also pushing back the date on his leak and giving an actual time is kinda funny. I wonder how long he's gonna try to string people along until he deletes his account.
Where are the damn Geno leaks? LOL is Sakurai safeguarding Geno himself? xD

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

In the first leak, he never even had Steve on the list and now he’s just adding him to that list of the leak he claims to have and pushing back the date further than he originally intended to release it and that’s just a major red flag to me

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Super late to the talk... I know a bunch of people were chatting about Minecraft Steve’s inclusion and how disappointing it could be (hopefully, we inevitably get both but I am pushing for GENO@Launch or early DLC at min.)...

But I was trying to think how Steve could be an enjoyable, valid addition & it did sell me on him.

Unique style, oddball, tons of interesting moveset options, they could Smashify him really well so I don’t think that’s an issue... I made a mock-up that gets me hype & will hopefully quell our fears if Steve’s in first... I feel totally certain GENO will make it, if not right at launch, then very quickly as DLC.

Here goes!

MINECRAFT STEVE Moveset:

Soil (^B): spawns a dirtblock under his feet to stand on. If grounded, spawns in front of him. If it hits an opponent, they become grounded in the dirt or spiked.

Minecart (>B): similar to Wario’s Bike but when tilted it’s track will raise off the ground at an angle (so you can aim it up or down and bail out to hit at odd angles; think also like Pacman’s >B but using a vehicle with much less curve). Anyone can even land back on the track for a moment before it despawns!

Upgrade (dB): like charging Cloud’s limit break except quicker & each charge upgrades your weapon/armor (wood/gold/iron/diamond; subject to durability losses)...

Bowshot (B): like Link’s Bow but much slower flying/releasing & weaker but with greater hitstun & able to be aimed in any direction. Can move at a medium-pace while charging too.

fAir: his Pickaxe can stick into the side of walls to allow him to free-climb.

fTilt: chucks a Torch at an arc, sticks where it lands (even against walls!). Scorches those who touch them. Steve can have 3 out at a time & collect them off the ground, fast-ish despawn.

fSmash: Drops a Pig... like Villager’s bowling ball except it’ll also dash forward upon landing.

Jab: rapid sword poke, different depending on class of sword.

EXTRAS

Creeper Assist Trophy: chases down the nearest victim and detonates with a delayed fuse.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Super late to the talk... I know a bunch of people were chatting about Minecraft Steve’s inclusion and how disappointing it could be (hopefully, we inevitably get both but I am pushing for GENO@Launch or early DLC at min.)...
But I was trying to think how Steve could be an enjoyable, valid addition & it did sell me on him.

Unique style, oddball, tons of interesting moveset options, they could Smashify him really well so I don’t think that’s an issue... I made a mock-up that gets me hype & will hopefully quell our fears if Steve’s in first... I feel totally certain GENO will make it, if not right at launch, then very quickly as DLC.

Here goes!

MINECRAFT STEVE Moveset:

Soil (^B): spawns a dirtblock under his feet to stand on. If grounded, spawns in front of him. If it hits an opponent, they become grounded in the dirt or spiked.

Minecart (>B): similar to Wario’s Bike but when tilted it’s track will raise off the ground at an angle (so you can aim it up or down and bail out to hit at odd angles; think also like Pacman’s >B but using a vehicle with much less curve). Anyone can even land back on the track for a moment before it despawns!

Upgrade (dB): like charging Cloud’s limit break except quicker & each charge upgrades your weapon/armor (wood/gold/iron/diamond; subject to durability losses)...

Bowshot (B): like Link’s Bow but much slower flying/releasing & weaker but with greater hitstun & able to be aimed in any direction. Can move at a medium-pace while charging too.

fAir: his Pickaxe can stick into the side of walls to allow him to free-climb.

fTilt: chucks a Torch at an arc, sticks where it lands (even against walls!). Scorches those who touch them. Steve can have 3 out at a time & collect them off the ground, fast-ish despawn.

fSmash: Drops a Pig... like Villager’s bowling ball except it’ll also dash forward upon landing.

Jab: rapid sword poke, different depending on class of sword.

EXTRAS

Creeper Assist Trophy: chases down the nearest victim and detonates with a delayed fuse.

That moveset kind of sounds ideal actually and makes sense.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Ah got it. My stupid phone has been acting up all day. Had Smashboards and other sites (even google) keep crashing constantly.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
As cool as some of the remixes are, I honestly prefer the original version of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms. It sounds like something you would hear in the M&L games (which makes sense, since it probably inspired them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom