• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I still needed to be added to the supporters list. Never mind I already have :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like the Sora tweet probably means he's not the SE character.

But it's possible for Sora to get in for future DLC

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
1 exor resulted in 7 stars being lost from star Road. So would this new game have 10 Exors?

Smithy or whoever was responsible for creating him is really stepping up his/her game.
Don't worry. Geno can get 9999'd each one of those Exor buddies.

I think they will use the full "Super Mario RPG" logo for Geno, arranged in a way that fits the other logos' proportions (maybe even only the RPG part if necessary, like in that leak).
Geno is not considered as a Mario character anymore (else they would have brought him back along with Mallow in the several Mario+Square games, Itadaki Street and those sport games), Super Mario RPG, despite being only 1 game, is considered its own thing.
Also, when they revealed the Geno costume for the Mii, they said "Super Smash Bros x Super Mario RPG" with the SMRPG logo, so...

If not this, they will probably find another iconic element of SMRPG and use it as a logo...maybe the 7 stars or something like this.
EDIT: maybe the silhouette of Bowser's castle with Exor on it.

Anyway I think those red things on Geno's head are his hair, made of curved paper, or fabric with some other material inside to keep them rigid... at least that's how I have always seen it
I really liked the idea the silhouette of Bowser's castle with Exor. In fact that is like the emblem of the game itself, so it would suit him nice if Geno is meant to represent the whole SMRPG game

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I feel like the Sora tweet probably means he's not the SE character.

But it's possible for Sora to get in for future DLC
And honestly, I think Sora is his biggest competition. I just don’t see a DQ character, and I don’t think Crono was popular enough.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Sora tweet situation happened with Ashley as well.

It means nothing.
Apparently this specific guy has accidently leaked info in the past because he's not familiar with Social Media

He accidently leaked that Frozen was in Kingdom Hearts 3

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently this specific guy has accidently leaked info in the past because he's not familiar with Social Media

He accidently leaked that Frozen was in Kingdom Hearts 3
Well, dang.

It's also possible that he just realized he made a mistake by hyping up fans, so he tried to delete his tweet to remove evidence; but if Sakurai is willing to go through a legal nightmare with Disney :S

Klimax

Smash Ace
Not even surprising, Vergeben is ALWAYS right about Smash Bros. At this point, I don't even understand how some people are still talking about "lucky guesses".
Incineroar, Ken and a SE character are in the game, that's for sure. And that's really cool.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
And honestly, I think Sora is his biggest competition. I just don’t see a DQ character, and I don’t think Crono was popular enough.
I do wonder if Sora would be considered an SE character? Disney legally owns everything KH, but SE just happens to make it.

And not trying to argue he is or isn't, I'm just not sure if that'd mean they're mutually exclusive. If he is though, yeah, he is leagues above a DQ character.

It's a weird spot.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I wouldn't fret over the Sora tweet too much. The guy probably just deleted it because he realized it was giving people the wrong idea (though it probably would have been better to just let the tweet fly, in that case). If anything, it mostly kills Sora's chances since it shows that Hashimoto's likely not under NDA, which he would be if Sora was in. Besides, I severely doubt an industry veteran like him would be so naive as to just say "yep, he's in" to anyone who asks him about Sora on Twitter.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Sora is owned by Disney, Square Enix are just making the games, they don't own the character. In my opinion, Sora is like the biggest "impossible" gaming characters for Smash because of Disney.
Anyway, it seems that the identity of the Square Enix character is like the best kept secret. I really imagine this character to be Geno, Sakurai must be really happy about his inclusion and wants to keep the secret no matter what until the reveal.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 165891
This is an image of Ken with Pichu, Ivysaur, and Pac-Man at Moray Towers in debug mode. Too convincing to be fake.

Verge can be more right...

Who will be next SE character.?
1537549106313.png
If this was true then where is his portrait ?? Why is it saying Mii ? And why is he so tiny compared to the other ones ??

I call it fake.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
View attachment 165911 If this was true then where is his portrait ?? Why is it saying Mii ? And why is he so tiny compared to the other ones ??

I call it fake.
I'll give you the no portrait thing, but...
ken.PNG

I dunno' where you're getting the idea it says Mii. It pretty clearly says Ken.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Ken's shading and textures are wildly different from anything we have seen in the game, including the characters next to him. And Pichu's portrait is cut off. I'm going to call fake.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Also, take a look at Pichu's ear in his display picture. It's cut off.

Credit to whoever made this, but this screams fake to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pichu's ear doesn't make it fake. There's already evidence that the portraits change in different builds, and Pikachu's ears have been found to be cut in probably an early build as well.

It's not even cropped from the scene at E3; there's a bit more black on his ear.

Ken seems normal if you ask me; plus, it's a bit blurry.

If you look closely at the faded Ken icon, his render is there. It's faded because of Pac-Man.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
It’s a good leak. Fits with Verge’s leak too. But there’s a lot of inconsistencies, so you never know.

link2702

Smash Champion
The reason im still skeptical on that ken image is due to one of his feet. NOT the one clipping in the stage. Something seems off about his other foot, like its just “floating there. Either it’s something with the shading or shape, but it doesn’t seem like it’s actually making contact at all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People WERE thinking the Ken image was fake for a while, but it looks like it's got more credibility now.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Is Ken really that small or is Pichu really that big?
Pichu had to be really scaled up for Smash otherwise he'd be a pain to both fight against and play as.

Here's a picture of Pichu with Zelda:

And here's a fanart I found on Google where they're actually properly scaled with each other:

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
What would Geno's series icon be? Would he be Mario series, or his own "Super Mario RPG"-series?
That's easy! :starman:
It has to be the Starman! :starman:
The Starman is an integral part of Geno's symbolism- he is the Star Road Warrior! :starman:
The symbol would keep him separate from the rest of the Mario crew, while at the same time keeping him linked to them as well- it's perfect! :starman:

The Sora tweet situation happened with Ashley as well.

It means nothing.
It happened with Ashley? 0w0
Could you please elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is it a good or bad thing for her or is this just old news I was never aware of?
Take a closer look y'all~ what's up with his strange shading?

EDIT: yeah after looking at other official pics from the smash site i can see Pichu has actually been scaled up haha

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That's easy! :starman:
It has to be the Starman! :starman:
The Starman is an integral part of Geno's symbolism- he is the Star Road Warrior! :starman:
The symbol would keep him separate from the rest of the Mario crew, while at the same time keeping him linked to them as well- it's perfect! :starman:

It happened with Ashley? 0w0
Could you please elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is it a good or bad thing for her or is this just old news I was never aware of?

Take a closer look y'all~ Why is Pichu so dang big next to Ken? And what's up with his strange shading? Even when you have Pichu next to smaller human/hylian characters such as Young Link, Pichu is still much shorter. Take a look at some of the official trailers again...
On the official discussion thread, it was said that the same thing with the tweets happened with Ashley. The creator of WarioWare, or maybe an illustrator idk, replied to a Smash fan's Ashley tweet, and then quickly deleted their reply.

Pichu is the same size when next to Ryu.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
On the official discussion thread, it was said that the same thing with the tweets happened with Ashley. The creator of WarioWare, or maybe an illustrator idk, replied to a Smash fan's Ashley tweet, and then quickly deleted their reply.

Pichu is the same size when next to Ryu.
ah i remember now thank you

YES thank you again for providing that link:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/60.html
i can see now Pichu has been scaled up!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was thinking about something earlier at work today...

What if the secret SE character is from a Western IP that they've just acquired? It would make sense, if Sakurai wants to get first dibs on announcing the official unveiling, as Smash would help to promote the character in question. It would be such a huge deal that they won't even let their resident loose lips say anything.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

What if the secret SE character is from a Western IP that they've just acquired? It would make sense, if Sakurai wants to get first dibs on announcing the official unveiling, as Smash would help to promote the character in question. It would be such a huge deal that they won't even let their resident loose lips say anything.
What you just said makes probably the least amount of sense of I’ve seen. People are getting way too cute with this speculation on who the SE character could be

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

The only western character they have purchased that I can see having the star power to get into smash is Laura Croft. But her signature thing being dual pistols might be a problem for her. Sure Bayo existing helps. But I think those magic circles help keep it more seperate from reality while Laura uses real life pistols.

Sure lately it's been a bow. But Sakurai goes for classic. And Laura Croft is not hunger games >:[

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What you just said makes probably the least amount of sense of I’ve seen. People are getting way too cute with this speculation on who the SE character could be
Well I don't see what else they would hide so thoroughly besides Lara, Geno, Sora or even Neku to merit this kind of secrecy, so shame on me for trying to go against the grain, I guess.

And I have a hard time believing my reasoning makes less sense than boxes, chairs and Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom