• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Reminder to you all that this was leaked and we still haven't seen the SNES titles yet nor whatever the controller will be on the switch…
View attachment 164330
We could be getting Mario rpg as one of the SNES titles and Geno revealed in the same direct or maybe not a direct but both things happening at all would make sense anyways. They give us the character and the chance to play the game again as well, it just markets itself instantly.

Edit: Also… not to get hopes up for nothing but online starts this 18 and TGS begins at the 19… maybe Nintendo could be showing or announcing something more by then?… dunno, just brain storming.

while those controllers being a thing makes me hopeful. looking at the page for the online service looks like we would be waiting awhile for any SNES games. all 20 launch titles are now listed and looks like they are launching 3 new NES titles each month. with october, november, December all already decided. it's interesting though becuase I guess the idea is we're gonna just have access to all of this games always so long as we still have the service. so once time goes on and they keep adding stuff we're gonna have a large library of classic games.

as for what clues in stuff are being true. I think there are certain ones that are bigger give aways now.
1: Assist trophy being missing of a character but another assist taking their place
Shadow and Skull Kid both have this going for them.

2: Alt color representing that character being missing. although I don't know if we have any more characters like that really. but it was quite the give away for Chrom and Dark Samus.

and too a lesser extent 3: Mii costume of a popular requested character. this one is harder because they could end up being an assist instead. and clearly not every one of those mii costumes can get in. but there was a specific batch of them that seemed to be made up of popular picks. but I feel of any of them Geno's is probably the biggest give away. seeing how much special attention it got compared to the rest.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Shadow and a new pokemon right now is the biggest lock i feel, even more than ken (though he is also high up there)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yep; to me, the next logical lock is Ken and then Incineroar, then Isaac, Karate Joe and Skull Kid because of the hints and Shadow is the only character left with no real evidence other than not being an AT that I think will be an Echo. The jury is still scarily out on Geno, and he is far from 100%.
Ken is the closest to a lock of those, but I dont dont see any of those as locks. If we’ve already seen all the stages (which I hate to admit is technically possibly) then Karate Joe and Isaac are even downright unlikely in my mind.

Pokémon always getting a newcomer makes sense, but if a game was to break that trend, this would be the one. And Incineroar doesn’t have have to be the one like so many people think either.

I just don’t think Geno is in any worse or really better of a position than any of those.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I’ve never commented on this thread before and have only really stopped by a few times. I just wanted to say that I’m really rooting for you guys. In my eyes, Isaac and Geno are the next big, legacy fan favorites that haven’t been added to Smash. Dating all the way back to pre-Brawl. And as an avid Isaac supporter, I like to think we’re sort of on the same team, so to speak.

While I’ve admittedly only ever played Super Mario RPG once, and for a very short period of time. In fact, I never actually encountered Geno in game lol. From what I’ve seen and heard, he seems like an incredibly interesting character, and I can definitely see why people would want him to return. Especially as a playable fighter in Smash. Personally, I would love to see him. And I would love to be added to you all’s support list. Good luck. I really hope this is your time.
Thank you! I could definitely see both Geno and Isaac being revealed together in the same reveal trailer! Two classic JRPG characters, sticking together~<3

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Man, people are talking about the box theory rn.

Since Isabelle made it in to Smash, there is technically one slot left at the box. Ken is theorized to be the next echo fighter.

It can either be three/four possible character who can join in Smash as a final character:
* Geno
* Incineroar
* Isaac
* Dante

Otherwise, take the theory with the grain of salt though.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Since Isabelle made it in to Smash, there is technically one slot left at the box. Ken is theorized to be the next echo fighter.

It can either be three/four possible character who can join in Smash as a final character:
* Geno
* Incineroar
* Isaac
* Dante

From what I understand the box doesn't even include every smash character, so the whole box theory is kind of moot. I'm told that mewtwo and dark samus are missing, for instance. Not to mention that boxes have more than two sides.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, this box theory is ridiculous. I have a hard time thinking that Sakurai would reveal five characters in a random August Direct, and only add three more characters after that (from August 9th to December 7th). I can't see them only revealing two more characters. That would be the most anti-climactic end to what has been an amazing hype season with this game. There's no chance.

domriver

Smash Lord

* Geno
* Incineroar
* Isaac
* Dante

I wouldnt worry about the Box theory! Plus dante's produce i believe twice denied dante being in smash. He wont be in. DLC is possible im guessing but base game na.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, this box theory is ridiculous. I have a hard time thinking that Sakurai would reveal five characters in a random August Direct, and only add three more characters after that (from August 9th to December 7th). I can't see them only revealing two more characters. That would be the most anti-climactic end to what has been an amazing hype season with this game. There's no chance.
In addition, there's no way they'd simply show their hand for character amount like that when they've been so secretive. It's just a placeholder box and is nothing to get concerned about. There will still be a lot of opportunity for Geno, and with how staggering SE support in the direct was, Smash had to play a role in that.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
From what I understand the box doesn't even include every smash character, so the whole box theory is kind of moot. I'm told that mewtwo and dark samus are missing, for instance. Not to mention that boxes have more than two sides.
okay did a little math. looking at this box we can assume it's likely that both sides of the box have characters on them in the same format. with the space we see on this side there would be 36 on each side making 72 in total. problem though, it's clearly including echo's on the box and we already have 73 characters. oh wait but the pokemon trainer and the Mii's could share a picture? but I'm not sure with the size of those pictures if that would work though. but if they did that means we have 69 slots on the box taken. leaving 3 spots left for the box for original characters and Echoes.

although this is assuming they don't also have a space on the back of the box for a few extras as well. also the order is strange on the side we see. it starts with 64 unlockables. they have been pushing the original 8 in a lot of promotion and even the game. so may the would all be shown on the back of the box? so maybe even 8 more spots left for everyone?

I do think this is giving us clues though. all the brand new characters are together. even if we are strangely missing some third party DLC from 4. which I think this confirms my theory of 2 more original characters. also probably no echoes for brand new characters

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
If by some miracle Isaac gets in base, I will become a full-time Geno campaigner. That is assuming they aren't revealed together in the same direct. I hope at least ONE of my JRPG boys is in base...
I also don't buy the box theory. It would be a profoundly myopic move on Nintendo's end to make the number of newcomers that obvious. Like, even if you don't do the math, it looks like there's two left. I just can't see them ****ting the bed this hard 3 months before release.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If by some miracle Isaac gets in base, I will become a full-time Geno campaigner. That is assuming they aren't revealed together in the same direct. I hope at least ONE of my JRPG boys is in base...
I also don't buy the box theory. It would be a profoundly myopic move on Nintendo's end to make the number of newcomers that obvious. Like, even if you don't do the math, it looks like there's two left. I just can't see them ****ting the bed this hard 3 months before release.
Glad to see someone who uses his brain about the stupid box theory thing. Also I don't think anything stops you from supporting multiple characters at the same time right now, hell i'm doing it! :ness:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This box theory is silly... it's a mockup. Something to have pictured so people know whats coming. The lack of Isabelle means it was done between the K. Rool reveal and now so within the month. A mock design that is clearly subject to change. For one those character portraits can be halved to fit more characters on each side....I highly doubt some mock up box art is indicative of how many characters are left. I doubt Nintendo and Sakurai are that sloppy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wtf is the box theory? Just the name sounds ridiculous.
They showed a special edition box and it only has enough room on it for 72 characters. It has Pokemon trainer snd miis combined but has only 2 empty slots. Isabelle isn't on it

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
wtf is the box theory? Just the name sounds ridiculous.
The box art for the Smash Ultimate collectors edition Switch has characters pictured on the side.. next to K. Rool there's room for two more portraits that everyone points out as evidence that there's only a couple more characters left to reveal... the box would have 36 characers on each side which would be perfect. So now believers of this theory only expect 2 more characters and in their humble opinions those two are Ken and Incinoroar.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
oh actually they are cutting chunks of characters out of each game on the box. probably the other side has those cut out ones. probably to represent characters from each generation of smash on each side. so maybe the bottom on the other half will have room the other new characters. also if we are assuming this box is the real thing that means everyone on this side won't have an echo fighter.

luckly the 2 most likely echoes Shadow and Ken. have their other halfs probably on the other side. hey even diddy isn't on this side so maybe Dixie? I'm willing to bet that the 8 are donna be on the back of the box. OH and the Mii's are on this side all together! so yeah pokemon trainer is probably also all together! so yeah! if I'm right about the original 8 being on the back it's 8 more with both echo's and originals. but if the 8 are just on the other side than we are looking at 3 more total counting unique and echo's

The unlockable 64 vets being on the side without anyone else from their game. not an even middle cut like the rest of the vets. does feel like an indication that the 8 are gonna be on the back.

wait check my math. with 73 current fighters counting echoes. minus 4 because mii's and pokemon trainer are together. and minus 8 for the originals being on the back. leaves us at 61. so then actually 11 slots left on the box? man I am not good at math xD

so that's for all echoes and uniques... hmm but 11 feels like a lot unless we are getting a whole lot more echoes. or will pokemon trainer not get the same treatment as Mii's?

EDIT: also of note the placement seems to have the first and last reveals of each game on this side. also further leading me to think the 8 won't be on the other side

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Somewhere, the person who made that box art is laughing at all of the uproars he caused. I can totally see someone thinking "If I put the characters this way, it'll cause fans to lose their minds" and then proceeding to go through with that.

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
I used to not really care for Geno in Smash (I much preferred Mallow), but I've warmed up to him recently.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Somewhere, the person who made that box art is laughing at all of the uproars he caused. I can totally see someone thinking "If I put the characters this way, it'll cause fans to lose their minds" and then proceeding to go through with that.
Yup; I would vent the frustration toward the troll who designed the box like that. I don't buy it. On top of all the popular speculation, there is still stuff like Sakurai's random NES rep that has to be included. They actually just trademarked Wrecking Crew; I know it doesn't mean much, but Foreman Spike would be lit!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Why doesn't Bowser just kidnap Toads and make his own Peach" (Referring to Peachette)

Dun dun DUUUUUNNN!!!!

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Wait question I've seen other people posting about this box. but is there a link to the page for pre ordering this controller book set?
like I'm looking for this package deal on the nintendo site and stores but I haven't found it yet.

EDIT: yeah wait no seriously I've only seen this picture of this box in this one tweet! could we have all been trolled?

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Wait question I've seen other people posting about this box. but is there a link to the page for pre ordering this controller book set?
like I'm looking for this package deal on the nintendo site and stores but I haven't found it yet
The picture they are referring to is on Amazon. Which I saw a post saying why would Nintendo reveal to Amazon who their newcomers are.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I strangely want to see Peachette make it into the RPG games and have the idea play a major role. Idk, I just think there is some good potential in the idea of having another Peach, and the possible differences between the two versions. Like, do the toads have any political loyalty to Peachette over Peach? Would there be different toad factions? Toadette's seem very rare(Or heck, there might be just one), so is this some Combee/Vespiquen situation? I might be thinking harder about this than I should.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The picture they are referring to is on Amazon. Which I saw a post saying why would Nintendo reveal to Amazon who their newcomers are.
okay I can calm down a little now. Although I'm still saying it's possible the 8 are gonna get special treatment. which would make it actually 10 more slots.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Even if the box theory is true, and there really is only one more fighter, that doesn't change the fact that DLC characters are planned. I specifically remember Mewtwo being announced as DLC between the 3DS and Wii U launch.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys you have my support, Geno has really had my interest lately, and I respect Super Mario RPG for all it is, despite not knowing anything about the game. I know boo right?

Anyway hope he gets in he deserves it, heh looks like I still have some characters to support after all.

Anyway hope he gets in Geno is coming that's what I believe hope I'm right.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'm gonna be holding onto my theory about the special treatment for the 8 on the back of the box. granted that brings up the issue of what 8 could there still be left to take their spots on the other side of the box?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There's no way we're only getting two more unique characters. I'm calling bunk on that box theory.

Plus, I feel as if there has to be a new Mario rep for this game. While Geno is technically owned by Square, I still think he'd fall under the Mario logo as opposed to this own.

D

Deleted member

I don't buy the box theory, I mean it could mean something but I doubt it, ether way if there was two more characters or one, I'd want Geno to be one of them.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Have an overlapping theory I had:
I have this fear that the big four of brawl are going to be two of the first reveals and two of the last reveals.
In other words, starting with ridley and k rool, ending with isaac and geno.
So in other words, we might get strung along til the last smash direct.
In other words, argh.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Actually yeah if this Box theory was right than Nintendo has blown all of their marketing potential way too soon. no way they would have shown K. rool and Simon already if all they had left was 1 more unique and 1 echo.

but I do have an interesting Question for you guys. If there really was one last unique character left. if it was Geno. how would you feel?

also if the box thing does end up true though don't give up on Geno yet, because Vergeben actually didn't want to reveal Incineroar yet because he wasn't actually sure yet. so it is still possible that his info about a square character is our actual last character

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Actually yeah if this Box theory was right than Nintendo has blown all of their marketing potential way too soon. no way they would have shown K. rool and Simon already if all they had left was 1 more unique and 1 echo.

but I do have an interesting Question for you guys. If there really was one last unique character left. if it was Geno. how would you feel?

also if the box thing does end up true though don't give up on Geno yet, because Vergeben actually didn't want to reveal Incineroar yet because he wasn't actually sure yet. so it is still possible that his info about a square character is our actual last character
Considering Geno's the one I want most, I'd be fine with it, but I'd be sad for all the other big name picks that didn't make the cut.

grizby2

Smash Lord

id be sad for the other characters that I want. but I feel Geno is a character that we need.
I would feel sick if geno got shafted. and I would hate square forever.
the level of how aware each party is of how much we want geno is just eerie.
its like looking through binoculars, only to see another person with binoculars staring back. He KNOWS that we KNOW he KNOWS. ya know?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If both Verg and the Box theory are true, Geno could possibly be DLC

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
If both Verg and the Box theory are true, Geno could possibly be DLC
I don't really think we should be giving the box theory any thought. I doubt there are only one or two newcomers left when an inevitable Smash direct is already coming. It could just be a placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom