• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as we’re all pretty sure Isaac and geno are locks by now, just got this curious idea....

How would y’all feel if after smash ultimate is released, geno and isaac fans have a friendly tournament? Seeing as both our characters are rpg fan favorites, and seems many of us are rooting for each other’s characters to also make it in, Why not have a tournament if they’re both confirmed?

We technically could do this for a lot of the confirmed newcomers, though I feel splitting the groups up might be easier to manage, ie, rpg fan favorites tournament, then maybe new villains tournament, etc.
I've only seen a few, albiet notable people say Isaac is a lock. Geno seems to have far more going for him right now. That being said, I will erupt with hype if either gets in (and die if both get in)

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I know! That Square Enix segment was nuts. I was practically sweating during the rolling announcements and I thought to myself, "if this is leading up to Geno in Smash or Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Switch, I'll probably crap my pants so hard that the neighbors will think a severe thunderstorm is going on."
Good Lord each time they were ending a segment at the FF/square section and beginning a new one I was clutching my chest and having heart palpitations, even pulled out my phone to record my potential reveal reaction. I’ve never ever felt so close to it finally happening

link2702

Smash Champion
I agree. Geno is a very likely addition, but no one is guaranteed a spot.
Gah just lemme cling to something right now to deal with the uncertainty...

Anyway, so back to my point, if they’re both revealed would y’all want a huge geno vs Isaac tournament?

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Gah just lemme cling to something right now to deal with the uncertainty...

Anyway, so back to my point, if they’re both revealed would y’all want a huge geno vs Isaac tournament?
If they are, then definitely.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I'd fight ya'll, what's Isaac gonna do, "Push" me while I blast you with a Geno Beam? Pffft!

TBone06

Smash Ace
You know, after reflecting on the direct, one thing is very clear. Cloud’s inclusion in Smash was 100% related to the fact that Square and Nintendo were repairing their relationship. It’s clear that his inclusion was just the beginning. It now makes complete sense why Cloud would be included in Smash if they knew they were bringing Final Fantasy to the Switch. To me, this puts a Mario RPG remake or sequel on the table. I think this honestly bodes well for Geno. Square and Nintendo are CLEARLY on good terms if they are bringing their main line (one of the biggest franchises ever) of games over from PlayStation. I think if Square is getting their way with all of their games, I think they have no reason to say no to Geno. They have to know fans want Geno badly. They will want to cater to Nintendo a bit. He wasn’t revealed yesterday, but I think it was a positive direct for him.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
I’m very curious if we are about to get a name on the Square Enix inclusion from verbagen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There apparently is some evidence against Dante getting in, so maybe we can just dismiss that comment as getting lucky.

Does anyone have the original comment?
1536957472096.png

I guess we just have to hope Dante doesn't get in, or the commenter was BS'ing and got lucky

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There apparently is some evidence against Dante getting in, so maybe we can just dismiss that comment as getting lucky.

Does anyone have the original comment?

I guess we just have to hope Dante doesn't get in, or the commenter was BS'ing and got lucky
I honestly think that the fact that it was deconfirmed was actually real. I buried that dante leak in the ground a long time ago already. I don't know why people would still believe it. Plus he is nowhere as asked for Smash as other Capcom characters, and so far, believe it or not, all characters we got in smash have appeared somehow in nintendo consoles.
So it just doesn't make sense in the end lol . Of course i could be shooting myself in the foot here because that rule can be broken by sakurai at anytime… but until then, i just don't see dante happening, i much rather see something like Amaterasu or Roll as a mega man echo or hell, if Verge keeps being right, Ken is the next capcom character we are getting already. I don't think we should expect anything crazy from capcom this time, unless it's meant for DLC way later.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nobody is a lock. Don't set yourself up for heartache.
This. In my opinion, Isabelle was the last of the locks with the only thing close being our virtually inevitable yet still a mystery new Pokemon addition. As others have said, Geno's chances seem like the best they've ever been with Sakurai's endorsement, Square arguably having the best relationship they've had with Nintendo since the SNES days, the implications of the most reliable leaker at the moment, etc but we could be overvaluing all of this.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly, with Isabelle continuing to perpetrate the whole we’ve seen all of the stages, I’m thinking Geno’s chances have only increased given how many Mario stages we have and I could see him being included just using a standard stage we already have as his home choice.

He doesn’t have to come with a stage since he’s already a Mario character like Isaac. And plus we’ve gotten yet another popular Mii Costume got the upgrade. In addition to Verge’s prediction of another Square character, which he has continued to hit despite my opinions on the whole matter. I think he’s continuing to have better odds. Still not a lock, but boy do things continue to look good for him.

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
Hey there Fellow Geno For SU and TM Fan
SO BUT FOR REAL HOW DO I BECOME A SUPPORTER
(PLZ ADD ME)

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Man i was the pessimist awhile back telling myself and others to not get overhyped and yet now it seems things have flipped...:dizzy:

Maybe i am just setting myself up to be disappointed again...but damnit things seem so much in his favor this time that it’s hard for me not to get overly hopeful...

Last edited:

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
You just comment saying that you support the character.
01001001 01001100 01001111 01010110 01000101 01000111 01000101 01001110 01001111 01001000 01000101 01001001 01010011 01000001 01000011 01001111 01001111 01001100 01000001 01001110 01000100 01001001 01010100 01001000 01001001 01001110 01001011 01001000 01000101 01010111 01001111 01010101 01001100 01000100 01000010 01000101 01000001 01000111 01001111 01001111 01000100 01000110 01001001 01000111 01001000 01010100 01000101 01010010

https://www.binarytranslator.com/

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder to you all that this was leaked and we still haven't seen the SNES titles yet nor whatever the controller will be on the switch…
Dl6JfJCU8AA-PVG.jpg

We could be getting Mario rpg as one of the SNES titles and Geno revealed in the same direct or maybe not a direct but both things happening at all would make sense anyways. They give us the character and the chance to play the game again as well, it just markets itself instantly.

Edit: Also… not to get hopes up for nothing but online starts this 18 and TGS begins at the 19… maybe Nintendo could be showing or announcing something more by then?… dunno, just brain storming.

Last edited:

Thani

Smash Cadet
You know, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Geno didn't make it into the base roster.

If you think about it, potentially hoping for a more longterm benefit in the form of a DLC addition gives the hope that a Geno-centric DLC could do a lot more justice to the character than just getting him in the base roster. A stage, for example, since he definitely wouldn't have a unique home stage as of right now with the stage list seemingly already known. Potentially a lot more music, too, if he is DLC.

Money talks a lot, and if he ends up costing as part of DLC, that could give the devs and Square a lot more leeway in terms of content for Geno and character design, lest we end up like Ganondorf 'borrowing' Cloud's Down Smash or Isabelle doing the same with Inkling's Down Smash. I'd really rather not see him adopt any animations or moves from the Mii Gunner.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Have an of you guys gotten an error message when launching a game you just downloaded from the eShop that goes something like: "You can't play this right now, please go to the eShop for more details" and there's no helpful info on the eShop...?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
View attachment 164088

Who's next?

I'm sorry to say I don't think Chocobo is making it
I don't think Viridi or Toad/Captain Toad are quite deconfirmed yet. It's only like a soft deconfirm. I'd also like to say Ashley isn't deconfirmed either for various reasons, but i know thats just my tinfoil hat speaking... XD

Isabelle has given me more hope for characters like Lip, so I thank her for that. And I keep thinking hey, if izzy made it, why not Geno? He's even more of a lock in too me now~

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
This. In my opinion, Isabelle was the last of the locks with the only thing close being our virtually inevitable yet still a mystery new Pokemon addition. As others have said, Geno's chances seem like the best they've ever been with Sakurai's endorsement, Square arguably having the best relationship they've had with Nintendo since the SNES days, the implications of the most reliable leaker at the moment, etc but we could be overvaluing all of this.
Yep; to me, the next logical lock is Ken and then Incineroar, then Isaac, Karate Joe and Skull Kid because of the hints and Shadow is the only character left with no real evidence other than not being an AT that I think will be an Echo. The jury is still scarily out on Geno, and he is far from 100%.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Yep; to me, the next logical lock is Ken and then Incineroar, then Isaac, Karate Joe and Skull Kid because of the hints and Shadow is the only character left with no real evidence other than not being an AT that I think will be an Echo. The jury is still scarily out on Geno, and he is far from 100%.
I don't think we should be using any "hints" to prove a character is a lock. Many people thought that Skull Kid was going to be revealed next because of the furniture theory and that loz leaker, and it didn't turn out well. Although it's fun to speculate on,
you should never put too much thought into it, or else you'll just end up disappointed.

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't think we should be using any "hints" to prove a character is a lock. Many people thought that Skull Kid was going to be revealed next because of the furniture theory and that loz leaker, and it didn't turn out well. Although it's fun to speculate on,
you should never put too much thought into it, or else you'll just end up disappointed.
There's always the chance it was a reference for the next Smash Direct.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’ve never commented on this thread before and have only really stopped by a few times. I just wanted to say that I’m really rooting for you guys. In my eyes, Isaac and Geno are the next big, legacy fan favorites that haven’t been added to Smash. Dating all the way back to pre-Brawl. And as an avid Isaac supporter, I like to think we’re sort of on the same team, so to speak.

While I’ve admittedly only ever played Super Mario RPG once, and for a very short period of time. In fact, I never actually encountered Geno in game lol. From what I’ve seen and heard, he seems like an incredibly interesting character, and I can definitely see why people would want him to return. Especially as a playable fighter in Smash. Personally, I would love to see him. And I would love to be added to you all’s support list. Good luck. I really hope this is your time.

Dan

Smash Lord
And to be fair, the only character I meant was a legitimate lock is Ken and then probably Incineroar.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
And to be fair, the only character I meant was a legitimate lock is Ken and then probably Incineroar.
If that's what you meant, my bad. Yeah, I can see Ken and a pokemon being a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom