• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So the NOA twitter had an image of Mario on a recent tweet, and it just disappeared. Interesting...
PS: I don't remember what the actual tweet said, but it was recent (like within the last hour-ish) and it's now gone.
Tweet restored. Previously it said their Warp Pipe pass is available at 2 PM, but now it says 5 PM.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So besides Geno who do you guys hope the other 5 DLC characters are? I'm expecting Geno, Crash, Dante, Lloyd Irving, and Shantae and I'm hoping for Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Nightmare, Porky Minch, and Phoenix Wright.
I just want us to get some of these faces in particular. However we get them in the game (Mii/playable) is fine with me. The green boxes I want more, while the red boxes would still be okay, but NOT AS cool as the green Imo.
Roster Wishes.PNG

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
So besides Geno who do you guys hope the other 5 DLC characters are? I'm expecting Geno, Crash, Dante, Lloyd Irving, and Shantae and I'm hoping for Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Nightmare, Porky Minch, and Phoenix Wright.
I want to see Rayman, Travis Touchdown, a Capcom rep (hopefully Dante), Waluigi and 2B but since I'm sure that only one SE rep will happen and it's probably mage pinocchio, I'd say either Monokuma or Lycanroc (if there's a new Pokémon, it will 100% be from the 8th generation but I still can dream...)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's very strange that Nintendo of Europe is posting these announcements of the previous Fighters Pass characters so late after they were announced/released.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I want to see Rayman, Travis Touchdown, a Capcom rep (hopefully Dante), Waluigi and 2B but since I'm sure that only one SE rep will happen and it's probably mage pinocchio, I'd say either Monokuma or Lycanroc (if there's a new Pokémon, it will 100% be from the 8th generation but I still can dream...)
Seeing as you have very few posts and I don't recall seeing you before (forgive me if you have), two questions.

1. Do you support Geno? and 2. Is Mage Pinocchio supposed to be a funny nickname or an insult, because it honestly only works as one and it ain't the latter.

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
I totally get where you're coming from, it's all good. I too have unrealistic dreams of wanting characters who I'll never see in smash get in. Sadly, this is looking like the end of newcomers to smash for a loooooong ass time (at least til the Switch's successor comes out, at a minimum), and all the DLC is already picked, so I know characters like an Advance Wars or Rhythm Heaven rep have simply no chance, pretty much the same boat as 2B or C(h)rono (+/- the h).

Plus I've just decided to go all in on the faith that Geno is a lock. If the Belmonts got in because of their poll results, I have little doubt that Geno will too.

Also I totally want to make a mock FP2 thing but I'm poopy-***** at stuff like that.
How does the DLC finalisation mean Rhythm Heaven has no chance for it, tho?

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I would hope for Geno, Crono, Dixie Kong, Dr. Robotnik, Impa, and Master Chief.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Seeing as you have very few posts and I don't recall seeing you before (forgive me if you have), two questions.

1. Do you support Geno? and 2. Is Mage Pinocchio supposed to be a funny nickname or an insult, because it honestly only works as one and it ain't the latter.
Of course I support Geno, he's in my top 3 most wanted characters ! Look at page 2467 ! And it's just a nickname

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
As long as no one is outright bashing Geno and/or his supporters ... we don't need to question people here.

Anyway ... need some news ... just tell us something Nintendo before Fatmanonice Fatmanonice goes even more insane, I'm already part of that 67% from earlier ...

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the teases from Nintendo's activity on Twitter, I have 2 thoughts

1. Most of me is ok with it on waiting

2. The other part

axel_

Smash Journeyman
FE:3H and Cadence costumes with Waluigi
Monster Hunters, Cacodemon hat and Doom Marine outfit with Dante
Mallow hat, Smithy costume, Chocobo hat, Lazy Shell hat and Crono costume with Geno
Most rumored indie costumes, including Kris and Hollow Knight, with Reimu
Gil, Heihachi, Yuri Lowell, and Nightmare costumes with Lloyd
Ori and Steve costumes with Master Chief
prediction 2.png

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't have any issues with anyone referring to Geno as something like Mage Pinnochio or Snufkin. At least I know who they are talking about. No reason to get up in arms about nicknames.

Thanks for the support ZerBerry ZerBerry and welcome to the thread!

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Mallow hat, Smithy costume, Chocobo hat, Lazy Shell hat and Crono costume with Geno
View attachment 263782
These renders are fantastic! I don't recognise them anywhere, who made these?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Wait a second... Lazy Shell...
That reminds me of something, didn't someone tell PapaGenos that the Red Koopa Shell hat would be coming back sometime?
RedShellHat.jpg

axel_

Smash Journeyman
These renders are fantastic! I don't recognise them anywhere, who made these?
Waluigi render by Nibroc.Rock on Twitter
Dante render by SpookyMajora on Twitter
Geno render by MutationFoxy on DeviantArt
Reimu render by GalacticalSSBU and Yanpai on Twitter
Lloyd "render" by Nazyrus, edited from figure
Master Chief render is official, by Akin Bilgic on ArtStation

Wait a second... Lazy Shell...
That reminds me of something, didn't someone tell PapaGenos that the Red Koopa Shell hat would be coming back sometime?
View attachment 263785
Yep, that's exactly why I think it'll be re-purposed into a Lazy Shell hat

Last edited:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
View attachment 263782
Where did you find that Reimu render ? It's looks so great ! It's the same style as ZUN
I'd love her if she uses that style and not a moe one

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Where did you find that Reimu render ? It's looks so great ! It's the same style as ZUN
I'd love her if she uses that style and not a moe one
Mentioned the source above, here's the link

Yanpai, the co-creator, has a Google Drive folder with the full resolution transparent render

Also, probably safe to ignore the GameFAQs forums.
Yeah, basically this. I remember once getting a death threat in PMs on GameFAQs because I said "Geno would be my preferred Squenix" in some other thread or something like that. And as someone who's way more sensitive than he should be (and for some reason has a great memory specifically when it comes to negative things), **** stung. I haven't used the site since, like, I think January last year or something, not really sure, but seeing this FAQs talk just, well, suddenly made that thought pop into my head again for some reason, and I can't forget about now, even without remembering the exact contents of the PM. Granted, only one moron on the site ever did that, and it's not like he could ever carry through with it, but it still hurts that people like that exist, and could very well be looking over this thread right this very minute. :( **** ****s with my head way, way more than it should.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aside from most of the Streetpass Mii Plaza stuff and a few Smash original costumes, the Red Koopa Shell hat is the only first party costume piece missing.
Really makes you think, doesn't it?
View attachment 263786
To be honest, the red shell is not really exciting or special. Who wants to pay 75 cents for a shell? I don’t see any reason why they have any desire to bring it back. But if it’s evidence for Waluigi or Geno I guess it’s worth noting. If the costume gets upgraded to the lazy shell basically a shell with wings it would still be boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
To be honest, the red shell is not really exciting or special. Who wants to pay 75 cents for a shell? I don’t see any reason why they have any desire to bring it back. It should of been in the base game to say the least. But if it’s evidence for Waluigi or Geno I guess it’s worth noting.
If I am being honest, I forgot the Red Shell was even a cosmetic in Smash 4 so they could have just cut it for being a boring hat.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I want to say that there's some tidbit out there where Geno was jokingly referred to as Pinocchio by the development team so much that Westerners unironically started to believe Pinocchio was a playable character in SMRPG and there's several magazines that flat out call him that prerelease. I want to say Nintendo Power was one of them.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Of course I support Geno, he's in my top 3 most wanted characters ! Look at page 2467 ! And it's just a nickname
My apologies for the doubt, but honestly, we've been hit with a lot of people joining in just to attack Geno. Welcome all the same!

View attachment 263782
I think this is pretty good list just overall trying to incorporate the things we have heard, but honestly...I can't see Reimu, but not because of her or her series, but because I don't see anyone with an indie status getting in as playable.

However, I do know that Touhou has tons of music, so maybe we could see something crazy in which we get a Reimu or another Touhou character costume, but it comes with a crap-ton of music. I really wouldn't expect more than one track for a costume, but I think Touhou music is in a bit of an exception if I remember anything about it correctly at all and Sakurai has been a madlad in the past.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So. I haven't been speculating too much here recently, as I've been keeping all of it strictly with a couple of friends. I have decided to share a bit of my speculation here, and depending on the responses I may bring more because I feel like a lot of people don't understand that I speculate what I think it LIKELY to happen rather than what I WANT to happen and I think people mix their wants in when they try to debate with me. Regardless, here is a tidbit of what I'm thinking.

~Dante isn't happening as #6, if he happens at all. Just like it was stupid to assume he would be #5, it's too soon for him to be released as #6.

~While I don't truly believe in Swap Theory, I will say there are a number of interesting things around Byleth that are fun to entertain one's self and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryu Hayabusa as #6 regardless of that theory.

~There are a couple of things that have been creeping up they have made me more likely to believe Waluigi could legitimately be coming as a character. I'm not sure about #6 specifically, but considering everything involved and the words and actions of a certain individual I think the possibility is high.

~Crash is not a #6 reveal. If Crash is happening (which we have reasons to expect, but honestly we've had reasons to expect a lot of things that never came to pass) it would be an E3-level reveal as Smash ALWAYS opens up with a solid pick that isn't super huge in terms of breaking the internet.

~Even if anyone credible hears about Geno's costume coming back, don't let that upset you: it's highly likely that if it does come back, it will be unchanged and would return with Geno having been revealed as playable already. It's literally free money for Square and totally up their alley to do: Make money off yet another character AND a copy/pasta costume of their likeness. Also because there is basically no one credible left in the game right now.

~Zippo has apparently retired to avoid Nintendo ninjas, yet we still don't have a second Direct announcement. Most everyone knew about an Animal Crossing Direct. Nintendo's PAX East is already setup and includes nothing new aside from Animal Crossing. Zippo did edit his post to say 'nvm' so...why would the ninjas be after him unless A. We are getting the Direct but due to it's delay it also affected what could be at PAX East or B. Zippo is full of **** and he's just leaving because he's wrong and has no more real information.

Apparently people with some knowledge are rumbling about a March Direct, but honestly I feel like no one knows a goddamn thing. Remember to trust leakers as far as you can throw them...which is not at all because none of us have physically interacted with these people. Spelling it out just in case you all didn't get it.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want to say that there's some tidbit out there where Geno was jokingly referred to as Pinocchio by the development team so much that Westerners unironically started to believe Pinocchio was a playable character in SMRPG and there's several magazines that flat out call him that prerelease. I want to say Nintendo Power was one of them.
I'm more convinced that Geno was loosely based on MoominValley's Snufkin. During time of development, they were already wrapping up and currently syndicating the 1990s series so Moomin, even with it's Finnish origins was recognized in Japan since that is where that animated series was being developed. We will never know for sure, but I thi k some inspiration was drawn from Snufkin in said series given his personality.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I posted this over in the Newcomer Discussion thread, and as a response to this question I'll take the opportunity to post it here...

There a new Samurai Jack game coming out this year. I know, I'm suprised too.
The only way this announcement could be even more hype for me is if this was being developed by Platinum Games... which it sadly isn't, though hopefully Soleil Games will do a good job.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'm more convinced that Geno was loosely based on MoominValley's Snufkin. During time of development, they were already wrapping up and currently syndicating the 1990s series so Moomin, even with it's Finnish origins was recognized in Japan since that is where that animated series was being developed. We will never know for sure, but I thi k some inspiration was drawn from Snufkin in said series given his personality.
I think I've slowly realized that I just really like characters with hats and capes/long jackets like Geno and Snufkin. I guess it's just my aesthetic idk.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Huh. The viewing guests amount here spiked.

That must mean.........SOMETHING. Like the Direct happening before Dec 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom