• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The column could just be discussing when/why they decided to make the second Fighters Pass, for all we know. I can't imagine that there would be a character reveal for Smash in a Japan-exclusive magazine.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not expecting Sakurai's Famitsu column next week to specifically name drop Fighter 6. At most, we'll get some miscellaneous info on Fighters Pass 2's development that may or may not hint at what kinds of characters to expect.

Still... maybe it's possible we're getting the general Direct next Thursday? Which in turn would mean getting a possible character reveal the same day, just not in the Famitsu column itself...

D

Deleted member

Yeah honestly it’s probably just going to be a discussion about how it all came together.

For example how it was decided, why they went with six characters instead of five.

And Sakurai might just say we’ll reveal fighter #6 in time and he hopes we enjoy the contents of the second fighter pass.

But those are just examples, honestly probably don’t go in expecting much.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Whether next week or the week after starting in March, I get the feeling that the wait is getting closer to an end.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Someone I talk to was spitballing Pax at the beginning of the month for 6's reveal. Wouldn't that be nuts?
I saw the schedule and spotted a Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled tournament happening on the 27th, and apparently a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament on the 28th at PAX East. Also, there's the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Spring Online Open Tournament from February 29, to March 1st. Would Nintendo pop a Direct on the 27th (afternoon preferably)? :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Nintendo: Finally got that AC direct set up. Now how many times will they bother us about our next couple of tweets. Until a general direct.

All jokes aside it really should be fun.

Series seems awesome and I can’t wait too see what they got in store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If there was going to be a PM64 remake on the 3DS, they definitely moved it to Switch.
Hopefully...

Still though, I'd greatly prefer PM3 over PM64R. R stands for ruined, probably (after seeing M&L both 1 and 3 being very... blah... I don't have a lot of hope for a remake).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Someone I talk to was spitballing Pax at the beginning of the month for 6's reveal. Wouldn't that be nuts?
Forget nuts, that'd be the whole cog and balsa.
... get it? Cog and balsa?
'Cos Geno is made of both of those things?

D

Deleted member

Hopefully...

Still though, I'd greatly prefer PM3 over PM64R. R stands for ruined, probably (after seeing M&L both 1 and 3 being very... blah... I don't have a lot of hope for a remake).
Superstar Saga DX was pretty good. Never bought BIS. Who knows?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
To give my two cents on the M&L and the BiS remake stuff, the BiS remake is almost a downgrade from the original version. It’s got a worse frame rate somehow, challenge medal was removed (no more difficulty setting :( ) and a (debatably) worse soundtrack.

However I still completed it and enjoyed the heck out of it, but with how the remake was received and it’s poor sales numbers, I can’t envision the next M&L game (if there ever will be another :( :( ) being another remake.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
To give my two cents on the M&L and the BiS remake stuff, the BiS remake is almost a downgrade from the original version. It’s got a worse frame rate somehow, challenge medal was removed (no more difficulty setting :( ) and a (debatably) worse soundtrack.

However I still completed it and enjoyed the heck out of it, but with how the remake was received and it’s poor sales numbers, I can’t envision the next M&L game (if there ever will be another :( :( ) being another remake.
I'm sure they were fine, but just... meh. The art style and framerate just made me not bother at all.

Also while I'm sure it was the right move money-wise, -1 for removing the only appearance Geno has had since SMRPG.

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Trolling/stirring up insider drama
Huh...I know this topic is a BIG hot one, for this thread...but S***'s Twitter account doesn't exist anymore!

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Although I'm not expecting the Sakurai column to announce anything crazy, I do think it could answer some questions about this next wave. One of them being if the pacing of the character releases will be slower compared to last year (which would explain the December 2021 end date for Vol. 2)

Another thing that I could see be talked about in the column is what the future of Ultimate is, such as if these 6 Characters are the final ones or if they're willing to support Ultimate for as long as possible

It could also give us an idea of the general choices for this pass like if they're picking characters that are more requested or following the same route the first FP took

I think the column potentially could be something interesting and give us a better idea of where things are going for the next year or two

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
So, here's a question.

You must upgrade only one Mii costume, one spirit and one AT to fully playable status. Geno must be one of them. Who are the other two?
Spirit: Geno
Assist: Shadow
Mii Costume: Isaac

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So, here's a question.

You must upgrade only one Mii costume, one spirit and one AT to fully playable status. Geno must be one of them. Who are the other two?
Spirit: Isaac
Costume: Isaac
AT: Isaac
Oh wait one had to be Geno so uh Spirit: Isaac with a Geno cameo

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So we've started getting translated excerpts of the upcoming Famitsu column...
This is it. It's now or never for Geno.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
And Phoenix Wright... May god have mercy on us, things will get ugly...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is truly the beginning of the endgame. Things are going to get real messy from here on out. Time to stand our ground! Hopefully the first fighter gives us an idea what to expect.

EDIT: Also S***'s twitter is gone?

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Ah, so now we're in the true endgame.

Stow your fear, its now or never!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Based on no additional plans, I can't help but feel like Geno is a lock. Seriously, this is the *ULTIMATE* Smash Bros. It wouldn't feel right if Sakurai didn't get Geno in.

Also legit sad we have 6 final slots and that's it. Was really hoping for an FP3. Every single slot is going to really matter and sting that much harder if it goes to something dumb or "who?"-like. Imagine if Plant took one of these 6 slots for example. OR BYLETH, THAT WOULD FEEL REALLY ****TY.

PS: AA9000, I too am hoping for Phoenix (and co), but man do I feel like he doesn't have a chance in hell :(

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
There’s no reason anyone should be scared at all. Really geno’s name has been out there more than enough at this point and gained plenty of recognition, sakurai and team would be nuts not to include him when even big name sites like gamexplain ign, and others have discussed him. He might not of been part of fp1, but the by the time fp2 was being discussed and finalized, his name and the hype around him was there for Nintendo to see.

The only question is *when* , not if, he’ll be revealed.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
There’s no reason anyone should be scared at all. Really geno’s name has been out there more than enough at this point and gained plenty of recognition, sakurai and team would be nuts not to include him when even big name sites like gamexplain ign, and others have discussed him. He might not of been part of fp1, but the by the time fp2 was being discussed and finalized, his name and the hype around him was there for Nintendo to see.

I'm not that scared for Geno, but am scared for some other secondary characters I'd love to get in. Seeing Urshifu for example would sting really bad, worse than Byleth for me. Seeing Urshifu and NOT seeing Geno, if that would actually happen, would make me hate that bear thing forever.

Edit: PushDustin also posted a confirmation that Nintendo has once again picked the DLC. Not liike we expected anything different, but now it's for sure out there. There's no way Sakurai doesn't have some influence though (as I doubt Nintendo would pick Geno on their own; they probably didn't pick BK without Sakurai being like "btw fans would like this").

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Geno strikes me as an E3 reveal if he's part of Season 2.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Geno strikes me as an E3 reveal if he's part of Season 2.
E3 or the first one in the pack IMO. He's good for both. Big enough to be an E3 reveal, but also big enough to kick off the pack with some good "Spirits do NOT deconfirm" speculation. An Assist Trophy or Costume promotion or Indie character would also be a great first pick.

At the same time, I think it'd be cool if he ended the pack, but I wouldn't want to wait that long and whoever is DLC 11 is going to have a LOT of hate on their back because "ree my character didn't get picked and this last one got picked instead!". So yeah, I'd much rather prefer 6 or 7 for Geno.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
EDIT: Also S***'s twitter is gone?
He has de-activate it. I have a friend that is part of Sabis discord that told me about that

Honestly, I hope to some degree that it is just for the sake of people's (my self included) sanity when it comes to speculation. But I also would not be surprised if we will get more after these as well concidering the data-mined slots and the fact that we won¨t get another Smash Bros game for most likely a 1½ decade if not more, concidering we get a Smash game per generation and their handhelds (which Switch technically is) have a way longer lifespan then what their mainline had during their each individual life spawn.

There is never healthy to claim victory in advance no matter how the fanbase you are in. It just makes the potential loss even more depressing. You should never take anything for granted. I know that first hand

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly, I hope to some degree that it is just for the sake of people's (my self included) sanity when it comes to speculation. But I also would not be surprised if we will get more after these as well concidering the data-mined slots and the fact that we won¨t get another Smash Bros game for most likely a 1½ decade if not more, concidering we get a Smash game per generation and their handhelds (which Switch technically is) have a way longer lifespan then what their mainline had during their each individual life spawn.
TBH part of me thinks there's not going to *be* a Smash 6, and it seems weird to "not have plans after FP2". I get it if Sakurai wants to take a break, but hopefully the door is left open after a hiatus.

Also if there's not a Smash 6, I just hope whatever is the Switch's successor at least gets a port of Ultimate, maybe with some new characters/DLC slapped onto it? *shrug*

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I think it could go either way. This may be the last big hurrah for Smash Ultimate DLC... or maybe the first few Fighters Pass 2 characters will do well enough for a third pass. If the latter outcome happens, though, I don't think we'll know for sure until around Fighter 9 or 10 (while Fighters Pass 1 was still being released, we didn't know a second pass was happening until Terry's reveal), and I doubt a third pass will have more than 4 characters on account of Sakurai just being exhausted at that point.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think it could go either way. This may be the last big hurrah for Smash Ultimate DLC... or maybe the first few Fighters Pass 2 characters will do well enough for a third pass. If the latter outcome happens, though, I don't think we'll know for sure until around Fighter 9 or 10 (while Fighters Pass 1 was still being released, we didn't know a second pass was happening until Terry's reveal), and I doubt a third pass will have more than 4 characters on account of Sakurai just being exhausted at that point.
I'm low-key hoping Sakurai's just like "HAHA GOTCHA" around DLC 10. But I do also hope he gets some REST.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
TBH part of me thinks there's not going to *be* a Smash 6, and it seems weird to "not have plans after FP2". I get it if Sakurai wants to take a break, but hopefully the door is left open after a hiatus.

Also if there's not a Smash 6, I just hope whatever is the Switch's successor at least gets a port of Ultimate, maybe with some new characters/DLC slapped onto it? *shrug*
I don¨t believe for a second that there will be a "Smash 6"... Their biggest target audience (the casuals) will never buy a game that is even third the seize of Ultimate. If they wanted to "streamline" the franchise, they should have done it now with this entry instead of Ultimate and not afterward. A franchise like Ultimate ain¨t the same as let say as a movie franchise.

What I mean by that, its this

Endgame is the biggest MCU movie that Marvel is able to bring to the table. We might get something on a similar scale, but it will never be the same because it was the end of the "first big story arc" (the infinity stone). The reason why they now can go back to some smaller-scale movies such as Spiderman Homecoming, and upcoming Black Widow, etc, because they want to continue to follow the characters and what happens next. With Ultimate, we have the biggest of them all when it comes to videogame crossover... and these "smaller movies" isn¨t the same as follow characters in a movie franchise. People would see it as equal buck for far less.

You get what I¨m saying or does it just sound like I¨m rambling?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
We're in the endgame now Genobros. There are six slots left, it's now or never.

Also thank god S*** isn't doing leaks anymore, I was getting so tired of their insipid game of guess who.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
You get what I¨m saying or does it just sound like I¨m rambling?
I get that Smash 6 won't have "Everyone is here!" and that would ruin it as bad as Brawl potentially, which is why I think the best course of action would be to port Smash Ultimate to the next system: "Smash Ultimate (for Switch 2)", while giving it/both the original Ultimate and "for Switch 2" new baseline and/or DLC characters. Keep the engine, keep the art style, just improve the resolution/framerate even more and add more stages/characters. Don't rebuild from the ground up yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom