• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Does Europe even have a holiday they all share together? It's a continent so I don't expect there to be a holiday for the whole continent.
As far as I know, Europe does not share a holiday around the continent that America does not celebrate.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
New hair styles
Kind of expected/not at the same time. A quick "There's new hairstyles!" in a normal direct would be fine, maybe while showing them all off (also can we get a "pick your hairstyle" instead of the dumb personality thing, pleeeeeeease Nintendo? Same with faces; I don't want to *have* to google this every time).

New Holidays/events
Let's be honest, most of these are a quick "come to the plaza, do a thing to get a thing" event. Again, this could be a quick thing to mention.

the new ways to decorate
Define "to decorate". Aren't they going to be the same as they've always been, minus the touch controls?

How crafting works
Now this is probably the meat-and-potatoes that people will really go for, assuming it's a very extensive and in-depth system, but if there's anything Nintendo's blatantly known for, it's simplicity, so I'm gonna be pessimistic and assume it's not all that in-depth.

what you can craft
See New Hairstyles/Events.

the whole eating an apple to be able to dig up a tree mechanic
The what now?

Overall, you can easily do all of this in a normal direct with a bit of a focus on AC. Give AC like 5~8 of the 30ish minutes and you can easily fit all of this in there, even spending about 70% of the time just talking about the crafting system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Their watching their always watching, Nintendo got those prying eyes on us like a little creep. Just kidding your rock Nintendo thanks for keeping an eye out. Now Geno in Smash please?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Nintendo had their eye on this site during Brawl speculation, you bet your *** they have their eye on it right now with how much bigger it has become.
I'd be inclined to agree, but the internet is also a completely different beast now compared to back then. In the pre-Brawl days you pretty much had to be on a forum of some kind to discuss Smash, whether it was more general forums like GameFAQs and NeoGAF or more specialized ones like Smashboards and Brawl Central, where as today we have platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Discord and Reddit that encapsule much bigger and more global audiences. Although Smashboards wasn't as active as it is today, it was considerably more influential on the Smash speculation scene as a whole, it was basically the place to be if you wanted to discuss Smash, unlike today where it's just one of many options.

I'm sure that it's still on Nintendo's radar when it comes to keeping in touch with public opinion though. The one thing that it does have over other platforms is that it's much easier to gauge what's popular and what isn't since it's much more organized, and it's also a pretty different demographic as it's practically the home of the core speculation community, so when it comes to appealing to various audiences it's probably still in Nintendo's interest to know what's up. Still, the site is certainly nowhere nearly as influential as it once was, so while I'm sure that someone affiliated with Nintendo has been in this thread at some point (it's pretty much the homebase of one of the most requested characters after all), I can't imagine that keeping up with it is a priority for them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What do most of you guys think about Mallow? I think he is just as important as Geno and I think he is a colorful character with a colorful personality. Mallow is very underrated and should be given more love in the community.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kind of expected/not at the same time. A quick "There's new hairstyles!" in a normal direct would be fine, maybe while showing them all off (also can we get a "pick your hairstyle" instead of the dumb personality thing, pleeeeeeease Nintendo? Same with faces; I don't want to *have* to google this every time).
they confirmed you can change your face and stuff whenever you want to whatever you want, sex be damned in the begining

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What do most of you guys think about Mallow? I think he is just as important as Geno and I think he is a colorful character with a colorful personality. Mallow is very underrated and should be given more love in the community.
The thing is that Geno represents the game better. The Star Road was shattered and he's come to fix it. We're on our own journey, but once we run into Geno, we're actually along for *his* ride, not the other way around. This isn't a Chrono Trigger story where the story is "Get Lavos outta here" and everyone else is connected to that, we just happened to bump into Geno and he's like "need help to fix this thing".

Mallow, while yes would also be a great character, doesn't take precedent over Geno. Geno first, then for sure I'd love to see Mallow get in after, maybe in Smash 6. Or maybe one of Geno's moves could be something like Thunderbolt or Shocker where he summons Mallow to aid him.

TL;DR: One character at a time.

they confirmed you can change your face and stuff whenever you want to whatever you want, sex be damned in the begining
I was gonna say I vaguely remember hearing that, but I can't trust my short-term memory any more to the point where I start distrusting my mid/long-term memory at times. Good to hear that was confirmed though! I assume we're also able to use "female faces" as males and vice versa? If so, huge bonus points.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hi, Nintendo! If you're watching this I just wanna say a few things. First of all, loved Kirby Air Ride, you should do more of that. Second of all, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, can you maybe reveal Geno as a fighter in Smash soon? We've just been waiting for a while and would be pleased to see it so we would be very happy if that could be a reality!

(Guys, I think I found a way to communicate with em, I'll let you know if this works)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
in one of the trailers. the character ate an apple and a counter up at the too went from 6 to 7 and when she dug up a whole tree, the counter went back down to 6
... ... I don't even. I'm trying to figure out how eating fruit and digging up a fruit tree are related to each other in terms of a counter, but I feel like a dumbass sitting here thinking about that kind of comparison.

I really should go watch all the AC:NH footage again.

First of all, loved Kirby Air Ride
Did you spend 99% of your time with that game in City Trial too? When we weren't playing Warcraft 3, my best friend and I used City Trial as one of our crack-like addictions instead.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hi, Nintendo! If you're watching this I just wanna say a few things. First of all, loved Kirby Air Ride, you should do more of that. Second of all, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, can you maybe reveal Geno as a fighter in Smash soon? We've just been waiting for a while and would be pleased to see it so we would be very happy if that could be a reality!

(Guys, I think I found a way to communicate with em, I'll let you know if this works)
Dude you don't know how bad I want another Kirby Air Ride game. I would give one of my arms for it.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , do you think Mallow will gain any cert of popularity in the Smash community after Geno get's in?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
... ... I don't even. I'm trying to figure out how eating fruit and digging up a fruit tree are related to each other in terms of a counter, but I feel like a dumbass sitting here thinking about that kind of comparison.

I really should go watch all the AC:NH footage again.
Gotta get the pure sugar energy to dig up a whole tree s/
No but really, they could cover that in a direct and explain what else it can be used for

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Dude you don't know how bad I want another Kirby Air Ride game. I would give one of my arms for it.
Only if they make City Trial significantly more extensive. Hell, make it a standalone game and that would be a Day 1 purchase from me.

do you think Mallow will gain any cert of popularity in the Smash community after Geno get's in?
I'm not Fatman but I can guarantee Mallow's popularity will increase if Geno gets in because I will be backing Mallow the second Geno's in. That means Mallow's popularity will increase by at least 1 person, and +1 is an increase. ;)

Gotta get the pure sugar energy to dig up a whole tree s/
No but really, they could cover that in a direct and explain what else it can be used for
Man now I'm starting to feel that itch you were a few pages ago when I mentioned it'll be out in 5 weeks. YOUR WANT-DISEASE IS SPREADING, PUMPKABOO DX

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Did you spend 99% of your time with that game in City Trial too?
Guilty as charged lol. They could honestly make a ****ing amazing game by really expanding City Trial (IE give it more maps and stuff like that).
Sadly, none of my blood sacrifices have had any effect as it would appear.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I'd like them to both get in as one character.

Also, it will be an excuse to include "Star-Studded Slam Fest"; as the name of their Final Smash.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Only if they make City Trial significantly more extensive. Hell, make it a standalone game and that would be a Day 1 purchase from me.

I'm not Fatman but I can guarantee Mallow's popularity will increase if Geno gets in because I will be backing Mallow the second Geno's in. That means Mallow's popularity will increase by at least 1 person, and +1 is an increase. ;)
I agree that City Trial should be bigger and have more **** going on. I would take it as a standalone game as well. They should have a big story mode for it and make the map as big as a Grand Theft Auto game.

Also, you would be surprise how many K. Rool supporters came to support Dixie Kong after he got in. But I don't expect for Mallow to blow up because Dixie hasn't either.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
When we potentially gotta wait till March to see a Direct.

Untitled-1.png

"Oh god I can't ****ing stand it..."

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Starting to feel a lot like Nintendo Indirect right now

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as there have been a bunch of reports, I feel like a reminder is needed that if you want to talk about Animal Crossing, or what games you've been playing recently, we do have threads for those (or social threads - this won't be a social thread until the character makes it into Smash). I get it if there's the occasional post or two that goes off on a tangent, but I don't want someone to go to the Geno thread to find a three-page long discussion on what Nintendo could add in a Kirby Air Ride sequel.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
True.
We need to get back to Geno.
But the drought has been so long.....
Seriously, give us SOMETHING nintendo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Seeing as there have been a bunch of reports, I feel like a reminder is needed that if you want to talk about Animal Crossing, or what games you've been playing recently, we do have threads for those (or social threads - this won't be a social thread until the character makes it into Smash). I get it if there's the occasional post or two that goes off on a tangent, but I don't want someone to go to the Geno thread to find a three-page long discussion on what Nintendo could add in a Kirby Air Ride sequel.
if I may be so brutaly honest, with yall so hungry for a direct and basically are repaying the same Geno related topics over and over, yall are running out of stuff to talk about in general and need to be open to talking about other stuff unless some new Geno stuff shows up and thats all Ill say

And it's funny how someone reported the thread over a very calm convo about AC

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright, WHO ****ING REPORTED THIS THREAD AGAIN JUST FOR TALKING ABOUT ANIMAL CROSSING?!?!
Most of the posts were fine in my eyes (they were discussing whether we'd be more likely to get a general Direct or an Animal Crossing specific Direct, and why - the ongoing Direct drought is unprecedented, and general Directs impact pretty much every character, including Geno, whether it's a Smash announcement, new games for the SNES app, or something new), but I figured a reminder might be needed.

if I may be so brutaly honest, with yall so hungry for a direct and basically are repaying the same Geno related topics ver and over, yall are running out of stuff to talk about in general and need to be open to talking about other stuff unless some new Geno stuff shows up and thats all Ill say

There are plenty of other things that could be discussed (users making movesets for the character, art contests or general fanart, etc.), but the drought does not help. (we haven't had a general Direct since September, and we know nothing about Nintendo's 2020 line-up aside from Animal Crossing, along with very little about what the Switch is getting in 2020)

The SNES Online update being two relatively obscure games that (by my understanding) not many people knew about or were demanding likely didn't help either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what I' in this is a Geno thread after all so let's bring the focus back to our boy.

When and if Geno gets in what stage or stages and music would you like too see added with him?

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Vista Hill with Exor in Bowser's keep in the background. Was thinking and a rock remix of the Nimbus Land theme would be pretty amazing. I know everyone tosses the obvious music tracks but there is a ton of good music to choose from.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
You know what I' in this is a Geno thread after all so let's bring the focus back to our boy.

When and if Geno gets in what stage or stages and music would you like too see added with him?
I hope there’s some random obscure music that gets in, like a heavy metal version of the Yoshi race music or something

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
if I may be so brutaly honest, with yall so hungry for a direct and basically are repaying the same Geno related topics over and over, yall are running out of stuff to talk about in general and need to be open to talking about other stuff unless some new Geno stuff shows up and thats all Ill say

Okay, but if I'm being brutally honest, as KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 said, you could, you know, make a post supporting Geno in this *ahem* Geno support thread.

A lot of people, including me, called out wynn for being in this thread when all he did was complain and say how Geno had basically no chance. While you don't complain, you don't really want Geno in and seem to tell people a lot to either calm down or basically "hype responsibly." Whenever someone calls you out for this, you usually just resort to "Well *insert cuss word here*, guess I'll just leave!" No one is necessarily saying we need you to leave, we don't want to gatekeep. But you don't need to play the victim card almost every time. This has been sort of a pattern in recent times. And c'mon, this is a Geno support thread, being off topic is fine, but you never say anything in support of Geno and most of the time you just tell people to calm down. (...which is basically the behavior people got on wynn for, minus the complaining and constant pessimism.)

Before you say you can support people and not personally want the character, hey guess what, have you met me? Hi I'm AdamBel731, I've been in this thread for months now, and as thread regulars who are acquainted with me will tell you, I'm a young zoomer who has no personal stake in Geno. I've made it clear I have 0 attachment to Geno many times. HOWEVER, I have stated that I'm in here because I think he is super likely and I want his fans to get their dues. While I don't personally like Geno all too much, at least I contribute to the conversation on supporting him. If I didn't have anything Geno support related to contribute here, I would've just made my initial support post months ago and left until he got revealed. I'm not telling you to take a hike altogether, but if you want to support Geno fans but also simultaneously have nothing Geno related to say... I'm sorry, but I don't get why you're here. As Megadoomer says, there are other threads for the other topics you talk about (like Animal Crossing). Yes we get off topic, but we also are able to discuss Geno. If you can only do the former and not the latter, then...

All in all, please just take responsibility and change your actions, or don't be here. I'm not trying to police you, and neither are others, but we are just responding to you how people (like me) have told off wynn, because it doesn't make sense to us why you'd be in a character support thread while simultaneously thinking a character isnt likely and never voice support for the character.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There is one bright side to all of this: when the general direct drops, we don't have to wait nearly as long for the E3 one. It'll be a lot easier of a wait to bear and possibly for any Geno related news if there's nothing in the general direct before E3.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm tired of stuff like this.
Can this thread be left alone by haters?
We just want to talk about our Star Boi.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
There are plenty of other things that could be discussed (users making movesets for the character, art contests or general fanart, etc.), but the drought does not help. (we haven't had a general Direct since September, and we know nothing about Nintendo's 2020 line-up aside from Animal Crossing, along with very little about what the Switch is getting in 2020)

The SNES Online update being two relatively obscure games that (by my understanding) not many people knew about or were demanding likely didn't help.
I'm sorry, but this is just incorrect. Our character is not a character that has new games or new lore or new ANYTHING aside from Smash news. The example you just gave is just a hollow repeat of what Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom said and even then it was full of crap.

No one can really offer a move set that hasn't been discussed at length or strays to far from his character.

An art competition is best left to Starfall and even then it excludes people and most of the artists have either left the thread BECAUSE of issues with the community or are barely here.

We are not every other support thread: we are the support thread for a dead character from a dead franchise that showed up once in a single video game 24 years ago and once as a removed cameo in a game in 2005...and yet despite that, we have the best shot to get our character.

Stop stifling discussion on general Nintendo and Smash news. It's all we have really to go on.

That said, if you aren't supporting Geno in even the slightest, please leave so that we don't gush over games that have nothing to do with Geno in Smash. If you don't support Geno even as just a 'I hope you get your character' then I have no idea why you are here, so stop derailing our thread.

P47

Smash Apprentice

Stage: Forest Maze
Music (21):
  • Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
  • a Geno Awakens/Goodbye Geno mix
  • Nimbus Land
  • Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster
  • Fight Against an Armed Boss
  • Weapons Factory
  • Fight Against Culex
  • Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming
  • Popple Battle (M&L Superstar Saga)
  • Fawful and Cackletta (M&L Superstar Saga)
  • Elder Princess Shroob (M&L Partners in Time)
  • Final Boss (Bowser Jr.'s Journey) (M&L BiS+BM)
  • Destroy the Dark Power (M&L BiS+BM)
  • Never Let Up (M&L Dream Team)
  • The Final Antasma Battle (M&L Dream Team)
  • Adventure's End (M&L Dream Team)
  • Attack of the Koopa Bros (Paper Mario)
  • Doopliss (Paper Mario TTYD)
  • Shadow Queen (Final Phase) (Paper Mario TTYD)
  • The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
  • Petey Piranha (Paper Mario Sticker Star) (sorry)

D

Deleted member

For me it'd be Marrymore, Nimbus Land, and of course Forest Maze. With Forest Maze most likely getting the nod it'd be the one I want.

As far as themes well.

Delightful Adventure, Happy Adventure.

Fight Against an Armed Boss

Beware The Forest's Mushrooms

Geno Awakens

Still the road is full of dangers.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would put in the entire Super Paper Mario OST.
Ok, I'm joking.
Here would be my picks.

Beware The Forest's Mushrooms
Battle Against an Armed Boss
Battle Against Culex
Battle Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming
Weapons Factory
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
The King of the Koopas (Paper Mario)
Shadow Queen (TTYD)
Mr L's Theme (Super Paper Mario)
Battle Theme (TTYD)
Doopliss Battle (TTYD)
Attack of the Koopa Bros (Paper Mario)
Showdown with Cackletta (SS)
Another's Requiem (PiT)
It's Fawful! (BIS)
Fawful and Cackletta (SS)
Shroob Castle (PiT)
Charge and Clash! (BIS DX)
Calling All The Shots! (BIS)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm sorry, but this is just incorrect. Our character is not a character that has new games or new lore or new ANYTHING aside from Smash news. The example you just gave is just a hollow repeat of what Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom said and even then it was full of crap.

No one can really offer a move set that hasn't been discussed at length or strays to far from his character.

An art competition is best left to Starfall and even then it excludes people and most of the artists have either left the thread BECAUSE of issues with the community or are barely here.

We are not every other support thread: we are the support thread for a dead character from a dead franchise that showed up once in a single video game 24 years ago and once as a removed cameo in a game in 2005...and yet despite that, we have the best shot to get our character.

Stop stifling discussion on general Nintendo and Smash news. It's all we have really to go on.

That said, if you aren't supporting Geno in even the slightest, please leave so that we don't gush over games that have nothing to do with Geno in Smash. If you don't support Geno even as just a 'I hope you get your character' then I have no idea why you are here, so stop derailing our thread.
I was tagged so I’m here now. Here’s my issues with this thread being “off topic”. Since my last statement to this thread was “crap”, allow me to be more upfront:

1) Don’t go into personal banter. I don’t see this often but “Hey guys, what pizza do you like?” does not belong here. Like I said, I don’t see it often. I would also call this out in any other thread that’s not a social thread. I get you are all friends but that’s not allowed. Go to one of the many social threads we have on the site.

2) Discussing a character that isn’t tied with Geno. I can see wanting to discuss SE characters ao I tend to give it some slack. Even Doomslayer and Waluigi is understandable. But like, you guys shouldn’t be going at length about things like Master Chief, Rayman, or Tracer. Go to the Newcomer Discussion thread and branch out a little.

3) Leaker drama is off limits. It was a huge issue that it no way was good for anyone. This includes tagging and discussing leaks with a certain regular on this thread. PM our profile post if you are so curious. Insider/leaker drama and trying to discredit other leakers is not allowed.

4) Talking about Directs and upcoming games is permissible as long as it doesn’t take up more than one page of content. I agree with Megadoomer as I don’t have an issue with it as long as it doesn’t stifle discussion on Geno and SMRPG. However, asking other users “What new content do you want to see in New Horizons?” is considered off-topic. If you want to talk AC at length, please go to the Villager/Isabelle socials or you Nintenzone where there’s AC discussions going on now.

5)I get your character is from a dead game and any discussion has been on repeat for the past decade. Simply put, that doesn’t give the thread special permission to veer off topic. The Geno thread doesn’t and will not have any special rules applied to it. It’s a character support thread with a dedicated community that’s a bit different than other support threads. Besides that distinction, there’s nothing special about it. It’s obligated to follow the same rules as outlined in the TOS.

6) Talking poorly about other members on this forum or trying to attack non-members. I am not cool with this and I strike it down everytime. I don’t let it slide when I do see it in the Character Discussion thread when people crap on this thread and vice versa. That being said, I can’t see every message that gets posted but I do take action when I see it happen. Just because another user doesn’t like Geno doesn’t give the thread permission to spend several posts degrading the user. Attacking someone for attacking you is a warnable offense.

6) Discussion on moderator actions. I can
understand if you have an issue with actions we perform but those are best suited for bringing to forum support or PM. Hell, I’d prefer if someone would call me out on an action I made on a profile post rather than in the thread where the problem was. It doesn’t help the thread, messes up with the flow of discussion (as we saw here as I posted this during a nice conversation on music), and creates hostility.

I was unsure if I should of PM’d this to you, Forsaken, but I felt the thread was best seeing this as well. That being said, if you have an issue with me, then profile post me or PM me instead of gunking the thread with nonexistent user vs staff drama.

That being said, to the thread, I apologize for derailing your thread with my huge long post. I do hope Geno gets in and your wishes are granted. To be honest, this thread has been a thorn in my side for a good while now which is sad as I think you guys have a good community and get a bad rap from the site and the internet. I do ask that you take what I said seriously and that we can move forward from here on out. I’m also sorry for disrupting your discussion on music. I would like to read more of that.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Let's be honest, most of these are a quick "come to the plaza, do a thing to get a thing" event. Again, this could be a quick thing to mention.

Define "to decorate". Aren't they going to be the same as they've always been, minus the touch controls?

Now this is probably the meat-and-potatoes that people will really go for, assuming it's a very extensive and in-depth system, but if there's anything Nintendo's blatantly known for, it's simplicity, so I'm gonna be pessimistic and assume it's not all that in-depth.

See New Hairstyles/Events.

The what now?

Overall, you can easily do all of this in a normal direct with a bit of a focus on AC. Give AC like 5~8 of the 30ish minutes and you can easily fit all of this in there, even spending about 70% of the time just talking about the crafting system.
This. It's animal crossing. It's not complicated. That's part of what makes it so relaxing. I'm sure the core of it is still gathering stuff to sell and using the money to upgrade your house and buy furniture and stuff. Now there's crafting, but seriously, how complicated could crafting in animal crossing be? I feel like a section in a general direct is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom