• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Well at least we have some good news today about geno and the mandy stuff.
So that's cool
kid.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Considering that FP11 is HIGHLY likely to be Ultimate's last newcomer and probably Smash's last new character for the next 8 to 10 years before Smash 6, it makes a **** ton of sense why they would keep the last character underwraps because Bayonetta while decently popular wasn't the crowd pleaser for most people to end Smash 4 on.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you think there is a chance that Shantae will get a Mii costume at least? I'll take that over nothing or a Spirit at this point.
Not that I've heard. I think this is deliberate and I talk about it in the Waluigi thread. Female characters are pretty much hard skipped for Mii costumes unless they're, uh, flat chested. They probably do this so that there aren't a bunch of Miis online that are basically Sans and Hitler with gahoobanoids.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Not that I've heard. I think this is deliberate and I talk about it in the Waluigi thread. Female characters are pretty much hard skipped for Mii costumes unless they're, uh, flat chested. They probably do this so that there aren't a bunch of Miis online that are basically Sans and Hitler with gahoobanoids.
If Nintendo allows big tiddy Sans to happen then they will have won video games forever.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That makes a ton of sense. But I would still take the costume over nothing though even if it meant trolls online would be doing that cert of stupid **** with it.

Firox

Smash Master
Well if there’s some truth behind Fatmanonice and Mandycans dialogue sounds like it would be great news.
Crash and Geno two characters Id actually love to see.
As for that last character Im just hoping it alludes to Sora. From the sound of it it almost seems like a high profile character that may have been back and forth through negotiations or negotiations being unlikely.

It’s a long reach from a few words, but if I get Sora and Geno in Ultimate, it’s gonna be hard for me to want to move on to the next game if it doesn’t offer the same.
As it is, I'm gonna be hard pressed to move on unless the next game has literally everything this one has and more. If they scrap Greninja, Cloud, Wolf, Ridley, Geno or any of the new mechanics (without at least upgrading them), then it's no dice for me. Period.

If Nintendo allows big tiddy Sans to happen then they will have won video games forever.
I could just see it now:

Microsoft: "Our new Series X is more powerful than anything you could imagine! Plus we got Halo 6 and Gears of War!"

Sony: "Foolish mortals. We have the ultimate gaming machine, complete with Final Fantasy VII remake!"

Nintendo: "Big. Tiddy. Sans."

(Microsoft and Sony burst into flames)

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of gahoobanoids...

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It honestly kills me how secretive Six is. We've gotten to this point that it's likely not anyone commonly predicted and it'll possibly be a Mandycan situation where somehow someone definitively knew, even months ago but nobody will pay attention to it until after the fact. I can almost guarantee it will be a curve ball at this point. At least Geno's still being heard but it also adds to the frustration pile that he's likely not 6 because of everything I just said.
But what if he is? ;)
Also did you happen to see why Mandy's insider said "don't expect Geno soon"? With the order being hard to pin down and the fact that they heard Geno last year, mixed with CacoMallow around the time and the copyright takedown songs...

D

Deleted member

As it is, I'm gonna be hard pressed to move on unless the next game has literally everything this one has and more. If they scrap Greninja, Cloud, Wolf, Ridley, Geno or any of the new mechanics (without at least upgrading them), then it's no dice for me. Period.
There's a huge amount of players who never moved on from Melee despite its glaring flaws and pitifully small roster in comparison to Brawl. Brawl had a character I liked better than anyone in Melee and, in turn, Smash 4 had two characters I liked better than anyone in Brawl.

If the Smash Ballot really was topped out by requests to get veterans to return, combined with the overwhelming anger at dexit, Nintendo has to realize that a big selling feature in a crossover platform fighter is the crossover aspect. These characters are much more to the players than the mechanics or the other content, and setting up these dream matches and answering who would win between Mario and Link has been the soul of Smash, and while the dream matchups are getting more obscure, that hasn't changed.

People are still playing Street Fighter II nearly 30 years later and people are still playing Melee nearly 20 years later, and I for me, if Geno gets into Ultimate and Smash 6 happens but isn't a continuation of this rights acquisition nightmare, Ultimate is gonna be played by me until every human around me can't stand to play it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord
1576395161657.png

Mfw Geno's final smash is him throwing Geno Whirl at the perfect time where it shows that it does 999.9% damage and instant kills at anyone over 100% (like bayonetta). Basically my idea is that the animation has him running around throwing attacks and finishing by throwing the disk while they are battling a player and dragging them up and hitting Exor's hilt. I just think it'd be hilarious if Geno's final smash has a nod to his perfect Geno whirl hit.

If not over 100% it just does a good chunk of damage like 24% and good knockback.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think Smash 6 will cut less fighters than most people think it will. All the models are in full HD now and only would need some light touch ups heading to the next game (whereas characters that weren't in since Melee/Brawl needed almost entirely new assets, making it much more difficult and essentially had to treat them as new fighters) the only cuts I see maybe being in abundance are 3rd party Nintendo isn't willing to pay for again but even then, Smash is a huge deal to be in now, so I dunno. Hard to predict a game not even in development yet lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of gahoobanoids...

This video makes me laugh every time I see it. Now that I'm an adult, I kind of resent the fact that most male cartoonists not so subtly tend to incorporate their fetishes into their work and holy hell is this super apparent with shonen anime/manga. Prefer not to think about this? Too bad. This is the Geno thread. Innocence dies here®.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is going to have to pay the big bucks to keep all the characters moving forward. I know it wishful thinking but I hope the companies involved play nice enough to have their characters migrate to the next game. Since Cloud was iffy this time around I don't have high hopes.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This video makes me laugh every time I see it. Now that I'm an adult, I kind of resent the fact that most male cartoonists not so subtly tend to incorporate their fetishes into their work and holy hell is this super apparent with shonen anime/manga. Prefer not to think about this? Too bad. This is the Geno thread. Innocence dies here®.
Bold of you to assume it's only the males.
But yeah, artists are weird, and they're into weird ****.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So other outside of all these random topics that get squashed as fast as they are brought up, here is a solid reminder: Geno's chances are very likely.

As I get ready to leave for work, for just a moment, I ask you all to ignore everything any insider has ever said. Just temporarily remove it from your memory when I ask you to consider this.

Forget Vergeben
Forget Sabi
Forget Shinobi
Forget MandyCanNot
Forget GameXplain and Jon
Forget even things Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has said
Forget the Ken Debug Leak
Forget CacoMallow

Now, let's remove all the small things that have happened that are not directly related to Smash.

Forget that artist that had to take down art
Forget that trivia question at the Game Awards in 2018
Forget that Nintendo Tweet
Forget SMRPG being on SNES Classic
Forget the music tracks that were taken down
Forget that amazing response we got from our Big Book O' Wishes

Now, just look at the cold hard data from Smash.

:ultridley: got in
:ultkrool: got in
:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: got in
:ultbanjokazooie: got in
:ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsnake::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultwolf: were all brought back
No one was cut from the game
Even smaller requests like :ultdaisy: and :ultchrom: who weren't as big got in
Tons of changes were made based on fan requests and ideas
We got a story mode that, even though it wasn't quite to Brawl's standards, was still important enough to be included
Spirits, while not received well, was designed to include more character in a new way
Sakurai has tried to put Geno in Smash before
We are now on Wave 2 of DLC

There are many things that exist that are just factual proof of the fan catering put into this game. All of this is proof towards Geno because he is the last true pillar of fan demand. Rayman, Lloyd, BWD, Shantae, even Isaac are not nearly as much of a pillar as Geno. He stands in front of them all in terms of being a fabled requested character from the fans for years.

Frankly, just on that alone, it's only a matter of time.

D

Deleted member

So other outside of all these random topics that get squashed as fast as they are brought up, here is a solid reminder: Geno's chances are very likely.

As I get ready to leave for work, for just a moment, I ask you all to ignore everything any insider has ever said. Just temporarily remove it from your memory when I ask you to consider this.

Forget Vergeben
Forget Sabi
Forget Shinobi
Forget MandyCanNot
Forget GameXplain and Jon
Forget even things Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has said
Forget the Ken Debug Leak
Forget CacoMallow

Now, let's remove all the small things that have happened that are not directly related to Smash.

Forget that artist that had to take down art
Forget that trivia question at the Game Awards in 2018
Forget that Nintendo Tweet
Forget SMRPG being on SNES Classic
Forget the music tracks that were taken down
Forget that amazing response we got from our Big Book O' Wishes

Now, just look at the cold hard data from Smash.

:ultridley: got in
:ultkrool: got in
:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: got in
:ultbanjokazooie: got in
:ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsnake::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultwolf: were all brought back
No one was cut from the game
Even smaller requests like :ultdaisy: and :ultchrom: who weren't as big got in
Tons of changes were made based on fan requests and ideas
We got a story mode that, even though it wasn't quite to Brawl's standards, was still important enough to be included
Spirits, while not received well, was designed to include more character in a new way
Sakurai has tried to put Geno in Smash before
We are now on Wave 2 of DLC

There are many things that exist that are just factual proof of the fan catering put into this game. All of this is proof towards Geno because he is the last true pillar of fan demand. Rayman, Lloyd, BWD, Shantae, even Isaac are not nearly as much of a pillar as Geno. He stands in front of them all in terms of being a fabled requested character from the fans for years.

Frankly, just on that alone, it's only a matter of time.
No

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Could you imagine if Geno was 5 instead of Byleth? Man what a much better-received ending that would have been.

Also the fact that they even heard Geno (taking all this with a grain of salt given recent events) is still a boon, regardless if he's now "unsure or not".

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Man, it seems I missed quite a bit. Still, it's good to hear that even more evidence is in Geno's favor.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Could you imagine if Geno was 5 instead of Byleth? Man what a much better-received ending that would have been.

Also the fact that they even heard Geno (taking all this with a grain of salt given recent events) is still a boon, regardless if he's now "unsure or not".
It makes me think, if Mandy is 100% legit, that Geno is actually our 6 and Crash is 7. Geno was planned for a while leading to some thinking he was actually 5.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It makes me think, if Mandy is 100% legit, that Geno is actually our 6 and Crash is 7. Geno was planned for a while leading to some thinking he was actually 5.
How is square with leaks, do we know?
Also E3 would be preferable, but i'll take geno whenever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

That's the takeaway. Accidentally got the order of the events wrong in that he heard Geno before Byleth but it's still in the month of October. Either way, Geno was "dropped" from the contact's predictions for 5 and 6 but, like Mandy said, why did the contact even hear the name to begin with?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Geno probably 7th if Crash is 6th then. I wonder if Byleth was going to be 7th and Geno 5th but they got swapped to help sell the Three Houses DLC?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Crazy idea: if Geno was slated for #5, but maybe pushed to FP2 because "SE shouldn't get 2 slots of the FP" (that could be a consideration for why this happened), what if Byleth was supposed to be #6 and swapped places with Geno? Honestly, that would explain the weirdness surrounding Byleth and now said new weirdness with Geno supposedly being #5.

What an emotional roller coaster this morning has been.
Hell, this week (and last) given the whole direct shenanigans.

Yeah, if Mandy is legit (again, I'm very iffy on him just purely due to his cockiness and "212% confidence", no other reason), I think that makes the most sense now. I was very anti "Geno is 6" because I figured he didn't have a chance, but with this new information (again, ASSUMING it's correct), it makes a hell of a lot more sense now. Plus I've been saying Geno would definitely shake up Smash speculation moving forward as Spirits no longer deconfirm (I never thought they did anyway for the record, just for Base/FP1).

That's the takeaway. Accidentally got the order of the events wrong in that he heard Geno before Byleth but it's still in the month of October. Either way, Geno was "dropped" from the contact's predictions for 5 and 6 but, like Mandy said, why did the contact even hear the name to begin with?
"Geno is 5" "Okay now Geno is ???, Crash is 6"
^ this just makes no sense to me. Crash also makes for a better E3 than Geno anyway but he's a worse first FP pick. Geno makes for a much better first FP pick. Unless Nintendo doesn't give a crap, it would make a lot of sense for Geno to be next and Crash to be at E3. Or just go with characters no one thought of, haha.

Geno probably 7th if Crash is 6th then.
Yeah, *if* Crash is next. Guess we'll just wait and see.

I wonder if Byleth was going to be 7th
The E3 pick? No !@#$ing way in hell.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Mandy would be able to look into if Geno's name is still being tossed around after hearing he's not being FP5 anymore. But that seems like overstepping.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hell, this week (and last) given the whole direct shenanigans.

Also crazy idea, if Geno was slated for #5, but maybe pushed to FP2 because "SE shouldn't get 2 slots of the FP" (that could be a consideration for why this happened), what if Byleth was supposed to be #6 and swapped places with Geno? Honestly, that would explain the weirdness surrounding Byleth and now said new weirdness with Geno supposedly being #5.
Honestly, everything about Byleth feels like they really just wanted to get him out of the way and move on, being revealed and releases about a week apart, lackluster move set and stage, even Sakurai's comments at the beginning of the presentation. Why would they be acting like that for a fighter supposed to be the last one? I hate to entertain swapped theory, but it's making a lot of sense that Geno was gonna be 5 but they swapped him with Byleth at some point to start off pass 2 once it was decided. I'm not sure, honestly.

Yeah, if Mandy is legit (again, I'm very iffy on him just purely due to his cockiness and "212% confidence", no other reason), I think that makes the most sense now. I was very anti "Geno is 6" because I figured he didn't have a chance, but with this new information (again, ASSUMING it's correct), it makes a hell of a lot more sense now. Plus I've been saying Geno would definitely shake up Smash speculation moving forward as Spirits no longer deconfirm (I never thought they did anyway for the record, just for Base/FP1).
I feel Mandy now may have an actual source but they and their source aren't very experienced and they kinda mess up a lot on things like timing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I told Mandy in an earlier screenshot, getting the order right is hard for Smash insiders and the most common mistake is assuming the last character you heard is next. This is why I even told him I didn't think his guy was right about Crash being 6 but Crash probably was still coming. I think Geno's in a similar situation in this case. The contact originally thought he was going to be 5, found something that made him go "****, no he ain't", and correctly go with Byleth.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
C'mon guys one of you get hired on the Smash team and do some reconnaissance to let us know if he's in. At this rate it'll be quicker than waiting for the direct.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno probably 7th if Crash is 6th then. I wonder if Byleth was going to be 7th and Geno 5th but they got swapped to help sell the Three Houses DLC?
That would be an amusing pyrrhic victory reaction for some websites.

'We were going to make Geno character 5, but decided to push him to a currently unknown time.'

'HAHAHAHA, take THAT, Geno fanbase!!'

'And with that move, we made character 5 to be an FE rep.'

'HAhaha........hah...........ha?......wait, no, why'd you do THAT!?!'

Do they hate Geno more or FE more?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like Mandycan's source is noteworthy because, remember, one of my guys is currently predicting Geno for 6 for some reason. Something else noteworthy about this situation is that this is yet another situation where Geno and Crash are coincidentally paired. The in-between of "Mii costume guy" heard the SMRPG costumes and Crash from two separate people back in July. Kind of like we've already entertained, this weirdly fits Cacomallow too because it's coincidentally a Western character paired with SMRPG stuff and that leak happened in November.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice

'We were going to make Geno character 5, but decided to push him to a currently unknown time.'

It just seems like if he was supposed to FP5 he would be super done and they would be sitting on a completed character for not one but 2 character reveals? Seems like it would make more sense to have him be FP6.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord

I would say most people hate FE more for sure. Some people just **** on Geno for the sake of ****ting on people who like him. FE is hated because of how undeserved 8 slots are.

It just seems like I'd he was meant

It just seems like if he was supposed to FP5 he e would be super done and they would be sitting on a completed character for not one but 2 character reveals? Seems like it would make more sense to have home be FP6.
.... Given that Byleth was given a reveal during a Sakurai video instead of much earlier (Game Awards? November? etc) makes me think Byleth was indeed supposed to be #6 and s/he wasn't in a state to be revealed because they didn't want to do another Terry situation and instead wanted to show off a fully done character.

Honestly, everything about Byleth feels like they really just wanted to get him out of the way and move on, being revealed and releases about a week apart, lackluster move set and stage, even Sakurai's comments at the beginning of the presentation. Why would they be acting like that for a fighter supposed to be the last one? I hate to entertain swapped theory, but it's making a lot of sense that Geno was gonna be 5 but they swapped him with Byleth at some point to start off pass 2 once it was decided. I'm not sure, honestly.
I won't say anything regarding the stage/moveset because I don't think it's all that bad, but I feel like there's more evidence that Byleth wasn't originally intended to be DLC 5 than they were supposed to be 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom