• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
What's great is that Frisk can be either or when it comes to their character. I was thinking of a meter for Frisk that decides if they go full pacifist or full genocide which then gives them new moves based on what they decided to charge. Frisk has a lot of potential.
Not to go off topic in the Geno thread, but I've been mulling over how to make Frisk's playstyle unique and interesting as well. My take would be his regular attacks could just be his context-reliant ACTs (Flirt, Flex, Pet, etc.) that would be fast but nearly no damage due to the Pacifist nature. After connecting with several different basic actions, the opponent's percentage meter would turn yellow, adding a Meteor Smash effect to his specials, his neutral being MERCY and the strongest under these conditions. His other specials would be him avoiding special attacks from his Undertale boss encounters (Up B is avoiding Papyrus's Bonetroustle, Down B is Undyne's Lance counter-shield and projectiles, etc.). Chara could be his echo, and any neutral attacks would have a more lethal animation and damage increase.

Back on topic, it's weird speaking about a character that can be interpreted in such a vague way after maining Geno discussion since forever where he seems to be locked into a pretty predictable moveset. I wonder if Sakurai would surprise us when we do get Geno with specials that we never saw coming (Incorporating items into special attacks like Rock Candy, Star Egg or Fright Bomb, for example)?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Can't confirm it but, honestly, it probably was especially in the light that the Resident Evil spirit event lined up with Resident Evil 3's announcement.
Wait a sec. The Cacomallow leak happened around November. Could both the Cacodemon costume and Doom related spirits be delayed to coincide closer to the release of Doom?

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Undertale spoilers here btw. If you still didn't finish the game, this whole page is a warning.

What's great is that Frisk can be either or when it comes to their character. I was thinking of a meter for Frisk that decides if they go full pacifist or full genocide which then gives them new moves based on what they decided to charge. Frisk has a lot of potential.
How would that work in a fighting game though? Would it change the move set to be like pacifist = Isabelle (where you accidentally damage people), and genocide = Chara comes out and starts stabbing everyone?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Undertale spoilers here btw. If you still didn't finish the game, this whole page is a warning.

How would that work in a fighting game though? Would it change the move set to be like pacifist = Isabelle (where you accidentally damage people), and genocide = Chara comes out and starts stabbing everyone?
Not to get too off topic but Pacifist can be more defense options and perhaps healing moves, traded for less damage or genocide which is more damage and less defense.

Also if an undertale spirit event happens, it better be more than just the usual four spirits.

Geno is sans, I guess

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
We should do something for E3. It's E3 2020 and there's a decent chance of Geno's reveal so it's honestly kind of a once in a lifetime thing. I talked about it last year but I like the idea of raising money to send Papagenos and Terminal Montage to E3. I have no clue where either of them live but, given the size of our fanbase, we could probably Bernie Sanders it pretty easily.
I live in Massachusetts (just moved but only to a new apartment, not far from where I was). The thought is very kind but if I go to E3 I'd just do it on my own or if anything with money from videos or whatever, I don't want people doing some kind of fund raiser thing. I have a patreon but I do not push it at all, I only made it because some people asked me to.

If I had an issue going to E3 it would be getting the time off to travel not the cost so much, I'd just make a point to set aside the video revenue for it and count that as the "fanbase" sending me there, just watch the videos/ads and that is more than I could ever ask for.

QQS

Smash Lord
BCD067DE-CF42-493F-AED1-4EC7FF9182EC.jpeg

Awesome fan-art I found. Credits to Iván Ramirez on Dribbble. I want to thanks papagenos papagenos , Fatmanonice Fatmanonice & TerminalMontage TerminalMontage for the passion. Always read/see you with the same vibes.

An old fan from 1990, best wishes from Chile!

Pretty much the photo is what happening when fighter #77 is getting revealed.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Well, since Nintendo isn't releasing a Direct of theirs for the foreseeable millenia, I've decided to host my own. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the very first Malo Mart™ Direct!

malo mart direct.png

cacomallow is real announcement.png

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You know, thinking about the whole Undertale spirit thing, I actually wonder if Sans himself could be the fighter. I mean he makes the most sense, as he's the face of the game, and people wouldn't care nearly as much about Frisk. The costume would have been decided on way back around E3. Is it possible that after the internet's collective meltdown over just a simple Mii costume, along with probably a ludicrous amount of sales once it came out, they rushed to fit him into the second pass? It seems possible to me.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Well, since Nintendo isn't releasing a Direct of theirs for the foreseeable millenia, I've decided to host my own. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the very first Malo Mart™ Direct!

View attachment 262125

And just like a regular Nintendo direct, it wastes time announcing something we already know!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So uh, Fatman was right, it seems that spirits are indeed getting pushed.
View attachment 262084
View attachment 262085
Go figure.
So...looking at this a little closer, one of the Big 3 is missing from this. When I say Big 3, I mean Nintendo's BIG 3 game franchises. I do not know about everyone here, but when you ask someone "Hey, what Nintendo games do you like", more than likely, it will be between Pokemon, Legend of Zelda or Mario.

I would not count Luigi's Mansion 3 as that spot filled for Mario. Yes, same universe, but drastically different style of game. So we might be seeing Undertale comeback with a Spirit Event. It would make sense since Deltarune Chapter 2 could be announced later with an Undertale event tagged on to it. Now let me get a little crazy. Why would Luigi's Mansion 3 be missing from this? Maybe...it was never going to get a Spirit Event.

PERHAPS, we are getting a different Spirit Event to coincide with a Mario announcement. Hmmmmm. I could be on to something with this.

EDIT: Forgot about the potential Doom Spirit event! (As Fatman MAY have hinted at) Honestly...it could be that!

The 3 missing Spirit events could be:
1-Undertale
2-Doom
3-Mario (Something)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I still believe in a February reveal, hope it can be sooner than we think. Otherwise it would be such a long time since September 4th (2019) to June 9th (2020) without a general Direct. 9 months without General announcings. It would be ideal if they reveal #76 now; then #77 at E3 and finally #78 at the end of the year. Then 2021 the remaining three characters.

Anyway, anything can happen and there are no rules. The only thing for sure is that Geno is coming, I feel it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so its gotten to the point where people are now harassing nintendo on any tweets they do about a direct so much that they have to delete it. They had to delete that pokemon dungeon tweet because of the backlash not over PMD, but over the stupid direct. I can safely say this stupid direct is bringing out the asshole in everyone

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What if we actually had a Valentine's Day Direct? Obviously wishful thinking because it almost certainly won't happen, but man it'd be great if it did...

so its gotten to the point where people are now harassing nintendo on any tweets they do about a direct so much that they have to delete it. They had to delete that pokemon dungeon tweet because of the backlash not over PMD, but over the stupid direct. I can safely say this stupid direct is bringing out the asshole in everyone
I feel like it was pushed further with the NSO games yesterday. If they at least pushed out some that people really wanted, it would have lessened the drought, but instead, we got 4 games that the majority of Nintendo fans likely have never heard of, thus feeling like they're mocking us regarding NSO as well.

I'm not encouraging the harassment, but they really need to push this Direct already, and lord help them if it's subpar, because they've made us wait much, much too long.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh god bless that Nintwendo account the posted the haha funny fake direct tweet is now suspended
What if we actually had a Valentine's Day Direct? Obviously wishful thinking because it almost certainly won't happen, but man it'd be great if it did...

I feel like it was pushed further with the NSO games yesterday. If they at least pushed out some that people really wanted, it would have lessened the drought, but instead, we got 4 games that the majority of Nintendo fans likely have never heard of, thus feeling like they're mocking us regarding NSO as well.

I'm not encouraging the harassment, but they really need to push this Direct already, and lord help them if it's subpar, because they've made us wait much, much too long.
Its just sad they had to resort to deleteing the tweet because of asses. At this point I dont care about the direct, I just hope nobody harrases nintendo more

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Its just sad they had to resort to deleteing the tweet because of asses.
But you're describing like nearly every NSO games update video and every tweet in the last month or so. Also every TPC tweet as well. That said, I'm kinda shocked they actually deleted one though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know some of you will openly groan when I say this but I decided to reach out to Mandycan yesterday and we actually had a really good talk. They didn't want everything we talked about shared but they gave me permission to talk about the things most relevant to this thread. I reached out to him because I saw people were treating him like crap and trying to cancel him and I was like:

download (2).jpeg

So, that established, I first and foremost wanted to see if he was alright because people suck. We got to talking and then we got down to business (to defeat the Huns). Yes, he had been told the 12th and I also found out through my own network that Zippo and Markomaro were too and I saw the conversations and screenshots to prove it. That said, everyone was bamboozled so nobody should be an asshole about that. Like I said, Direct dates are super hard to nail to begin with so a Nintendo insider getting this wrong is like the smallest of Ls they could take.

From there, I asked the question that was on everyone's minds: was Byleth a lucky guess or was he outright told Byleth? To my surprise, he was outright told Byleth in October and provided proof that this conversation happened. What happened next was even more fascinating and why I'm making this post. He then shared with me that his contact told him three characters in October. You all know the first two: Byleth and Crash but he was actually told a third character before Crash but didn't make this public. This character was Geno.

Obviously, this peaked my interest and I asked the circumstances surrounding this. He said he was told Geno after Byleth but his contact came back to him a couple of days later, gave him Crash, and then told him "don't expect Geno anytime soon." This is why Mandycan is predicting Crash for 6, because his contact said Geno was happening but much later. Again, this makes sense because this all went down in October which, painfully enough, was already four months ago. So, once again, we have yet another insider who I didn't have a connection to until yesterday who has a contact that has also heard Geno. Groovy.

So, another thing that's interesting is that this contact was able to cut through the crap to name Byleth as 5. This contact, however, did not tell Mandycan that Crash was 6, just that he was coming. Crash being 6 is Mandycan's personal prediction based on the timing of the info. This is particularly interesting because we once again have yet another insider that has no firm answer on who 6 actually is. Whoever 6 is, Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep them secret, even more so than Byleth. Once again, in my personal opinion, this suggests to me that Nintendo wants 6 to be a big surprise and wants their reveal to have as big of an impact as possible. Fun stuff. So, in short, Mandycan has a legit source and a surprising amount of his intel lines up with mine so I'm happy that he's now in my network too.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I know some of you will openly groan when I say this but I decided to reach out to Mandycan yesterday and we actually had a really good talk. They didn't want everything we talked about shared but they gave me permission to talk about the things most relevant to this thread. I reached out to him because I saw people were treating him like crap and trying to cancel him and I was like:

View attachment 262143

So, that established, I first and foremost wanted to see if he was alright because people suck. We got to talking and then we got down to business (to defeat the Huns). Yes, he had been told the 12th and I also found out through my own network that Zippo and Markomaro were too and I saw the conversations and screenshots to prove it. That said, everyone was bamboozled so nobody should be an asshole about that. Like I said, Direct dates are super hard to nail to begin with so a Nintendo insider getting this wrong is like the smallest of Ls they could take.

From there, I asked the question that was on everyone's minds: was Byleth a lucky guess or was he outright told Byleth? To my surprise, he was outright told Byleth in October and provided proof that this conversation happened. What happened next was even more fascinating and why I'm making this post. He then shared with me that his contact told him three characters in October. You all know the first two: Byleth and Crash but he was actually told a third character before Crash but didn't make this public. This character was Geno.

Obviously, this peaked my interest and I asked the circumstances surrounding this. He said he was told Geno after Byleth but his contact came back to him a couple of days later, gave him Crash, and then told him "don't expect Geno anytime soon." This is why Mandycan is predicting Crash for 6, because his contact said Geno was happening but much later. Again, this makes sense because this all went down in October which, painfully enough, was already four months ago. So, once again, we have yet another insider who I didn't have a connection to until yesterday who has a contact that has also heard Geno. Groovy.

So, another thing that's interesting is that this contact was able to cut through the crap to name Byleth as 5. This contact, however, did not tell Mandycan that Crash was 6, just that he was coming. Crash being 6 is Mandycan's personal prediction based on the timing of the info. This is particularly interesting because we once again have yet another insider that has no firm answer on who 6 actually is. Whoever 6 is, Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep them secret, even more so than Byleth. Once again, in my personal opinion, this suggests to me that Nintendo wants 6 to be a big surprise and wants their reveal to have as big of an impact as possible. Fun stuff. So, in short, Mandycan has a legit source and a surprising amount of his intel lines up with mine so I'm happy that he's now in my network too.
Man, it’s crazy the things you can accomplish by treating people with kindness instead of hostility huh?
Seems like we’re still in the dark but more stuff is lining up for us at least. Or, in other words
56334536-E0C6-4075-9A17-03F953D92CE6.gif

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

View attachment 262143

'Much later,' 'Don't expect Geno any time soon.' That makes it sound like Geno could be character 11 or even 12. That's a wait, just added to the already long wait. And heaven help us if Geno is definitely coming but they release his Mii costume earlier. That will not be a fun time.

I hope he isn't the final character. The wait, for one. But also, the final character is going to have so much stigma, so much adversity, so much hype to overcome that it won't be able to. Outside of only a few names, the last character will never meet fan expectations and will be seen as a disappointment and with ire. I'd rather Geno not be in that position.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So Mandy has heard Geno, and says he is coming much later? Well, that is rather interesting, I say.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Outside of only a few names, the last character will never meet fan expectations and will be seen as a disappointment and with ire. I'd rather Geno not be in that position.
Oh no please don't make fun of us now that we've shilled the deuteragonist from a 24 year old Super Nintendo RPG into Smash oh nooooooo!

Just spam "hoes mad" like everyone else. Who cares?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
what if geno was planned as a bonus character after the ending of FP1 but as they start negotiations of FP2, they decided to push Geno a bit more.

good to hear that Crash being FP6 is really MandyCan prediction and remember; getting the order of the characters is really difficult. Even MandyCan source is wrong and Geno comes a bonus before the start of FP2.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Mandy has heard Geno, and says he is coming much later? Well, that is rather interesting, I say.
My interpretation is that the contact didn't know who 6 was but it definitely wasn't Geno. Again, this was in October so a hypothetical Geno reveal at E3 would still be about 8 months away so that's not exactly a false statement. Coincidentally, this once again suggests to me that Geno is 7 at the earliest.

Heoj

Smash Ace
So after reading the 3 latest pages on here and... damn. Like... i don't know how to put this into words but like, this is all sounding really good for Geno.
Whether hes 7, 8 or even 11 or 12, hes looking like the most likely out of anybody right now, and crash also seems pretty good.

Also, this spirit event doom spirit conspiracy saddens me because it lowers doomguys chances even more, but it also adds even more credibility to cacomallow.
I wonder how people are still going to think its completely fake at this point.

Cacomallow real.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see people freaking out and being like "oh God, what if Geno's last" and this was actually another topic Mandycan and I discussed yesterday. He asked me not to make the name public but his contact did name someone who he believed was going to be the "last" character. This contact had extreme confidence in this name and more or less said "Nintendo successfully negotiated them, it's a done deal." Obviously, this character was not Geno so I wanted to reassure you all of that.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I see people freaking out and being like "oh God, what if Geno's last" and this was actually another topic Mandycan and I discussed yesterday. He asked me not to make the name public but his contact did name someone who he believed was going to be the "last" character. This contact had extreme confidence in this name and more or less said "Nintendo successfully negotiated them, it's a done deal." Obviously, this character was not Geno so I wanted to reassure you all of that.
It seems kinda weird that Mandycan has revealed all this info to you and let you go public with it but they have said nothing about it themselves.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
It seems kinda weird that Mandycan has revealed all this info to you and let you go public with it but they have said nothing about it themselves.
Gee I wonder why Mandy wouldn’t want to put this info on their Twitter right now

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I can easily prove the conversation happened and I got permission to share it:

View attachment 262147
That’s good then. I’m just wondering why they haven’t said it themselves.
Gee I wonder why Mandy wouldn’t want to put this info on their Twitter right now
I’m fully aware of the crapstorm they’ve kicked off with the direct but if they can get someone else to share it for them then there isn’t really a clear cut reason as to why they haven’t revealed it themselves

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
To be fair if mandy posted that or talked about it on his twitter he probably would have just gotten more **** thrown at him.

T2by4

Smash Lord
1580424634067.jpg

So Geno truly is finally coming afterall? I really hope this Mandy fella is telling the truth and not messing with ya fatman. Because I already got money on Geno at E3, can't afford to lose this bet.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
someone's gotta finish the fight

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

View attachment 262143

I can't wait for the inevitable "you only believe mandycan because they said Geno" accusations.

Why the random picture of OffBi OffBi ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom