• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
We're now at the point where just getting an Animal Crossing Direct this month is more likely than getting two Directs unless Nintendo totally foregoes an Animal Crossing Direct for whatever reason.
AC isn’t until near the end of March right? It’s totally possible an AC direct is coming in March then

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
" See you the week after next!! "
So, next week then.

The man just told us, and we ignored him.
It's next week? When was this thing published? EDIT: I mean made and done before publishing?

And yeah, looks like we DID ignore him there.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
It's next week? When was this thing published? EDIT: I mean made and done before publishing?

And yeah, looks like we DID ignore him there.
Well, NE wrote "We published a brief summary of Sakurai’s column a few days ago " and that was posted on Feb 9, 2020. So it was the past week.
In which case, I think we could see more news the Next Week

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, NE wrote "We published a brief summary of Sakurai’s column a few days ago " and that was posted on Feb 9, 2020. So it was the past week.
In which case, I think we could see more news the Next Week
Alright! It may or may not be character news, but who's ready to party?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Attention everyone! While you've all been complaining about the lack of a Nintendo Direct, Geno has found the Triforce.
GenoTriforce.png

OffBi

Smash Ace
So uh, Fatman was right, it seems that spirits are indeed getting pushed.
image0.png

spirits.PNG

Go figure.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Fine, Fine. Welcome to Freduardo's Nintendo Direct.

We're going to start with a console announcement: The Switch Retro:

This switch works as a dock for a switch, has a cartridge slot if you just want to connect directly to a television (and then you can use your switch with screen as a separate controller.... like a gamepad!) Because this switch has a cd drive that plays Wii U and Wii games. Wii Motes and Wii Mote Pluses (and any other wii peripherals) will also be compatible with the system for all games that use them.

Wait, is that an SD card slot? Not exactly. It's got a little extra notch because this will allow you to use your tv to have two screens and play DS and 2DS cartridges.

If you had previously downloaded 3DS or Wii U games to your nintendo accounts from the Eshop, good news, they will be up for redownload to your switch for a nominal 1 dollar charge.

And now for a switch to game announcements.

Here's a Breath of the Wild 2 cinematic/gameplay trailer.

Whaaaat? Mario Oddyssey 2 announcement! Of course!

Metroid Prime 4 cinematic trailer.

Pikmin 4 announcement

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC announcement.

Kid Icarus Uprising 2 announcement (Focus on vs. mode where in addition to customized warriors of light/dark, players can just pick characters with their own premade sets like Magnus, Phosphora, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pyron, etc.)

Smash Brothers Character Release w/ Smash Run and Boss Rush modes being added with the start of season 2.

Third Party Game Reel

Indy Game Reel

Star Tropics 3 Announcement

Mother 3 being localized to the west announcement

Fire Emblem 4-5 remake announcement.

F-Zero HD Collection (F-Zero, F-Zero Satellaview tracks, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX, and all GBA games, including ones based off anime.)

Star Fox Command Vs. (A remake of Command with a new additional full multi branch campaign that similarly has different endings. The Star Fox 2 pilots added in new campaigns with new ships. And a overhauled vs. mode where people can pick among the different ships and stats that the original command presented).

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Collection (original game, adventures, and triforce heroes with a quadforce heroes option.)

Mario Switch Strikers Announcement

Ultra Mario And Luigi Announcement (All five games on switch released as a last ditch effort to save alpha dream. Geno has been put back into Superstar Saga. This will tie into...)

Geno Smash Bros Reveal (to be released in three months).

---

Well, hope everyone enjoyed the direct.
*Smacks lips* hmm...yep I did enjoy that.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hmm, interesting. So I guess Undertale is getting a Spirit Event. Wonder what the other 2 events are...
I'd be willing to bet another is LM3 and I just think that one is gonna get Astral Chained and release some random time months after release. 3rd is up in the air.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Hmm, interesting. So I guess Undertale is getting a Spirit Event. Wonder what the other 2 events are...
It is possible that one could be Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits for waluigi, but i have no idea what the other one is.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'd be willing to bet another is LM3 and I just think that one is gonna get Astral Chained and release some random time months after release. 3rd is up in the air.
It is possible that one could be Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits for waluigi, but i have no idea what the other one is.
Huh yeah, that makes sense. So Undertale and LM3 makes two, but what about the third one?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The third... Well... Trying to decide how much to say... Most seem to be tied to release dates or announcements. Perhaps """"""""""""something""""""""""""""" was supposed to be announced or released in November but wasn't based on this model.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The third... Well... Trying to decide how much to say... Most seem to be tied to release dates or announcements. Perhaps """"""""""""something""""""""""""""" was supposed to be announced in November but wasn't based on this model.
Is that something Smash-related or more general?

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, it seems to be tied to a release or an announcement that was delayed so one potential line inquiry is "what was supposed to be released in November but wasn't" or "what major games came out in November but weren't represented by spirits."
Just rip the band-aid off already and say it's a Doom spirit event

OffBi

Smash Ace
So uh, remember how in november the cacomallow leak happened and the recording for byleth was finished?
There was also the fact that doom eternal was supposed to come on november.

... yeah i'm mad if this is the case
tenor (1).gif

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
>cuphead spirits
>still no Undertale spirits

Is it time for the PapyrusGang to rise up?
View attachment 261989
This morning, thinking back on the announcement of the Cuphead spirits event, I thought about that too. Cuphead will be getting spirits so... when's Undertale? With this, it's almost guaranteed that they'd add Undertale spirits (not just 4 though; may they add all the main cast).

Interesting how Undertale hasn't gotten a spirit event yet, huh?

*slurps coffee at 400 decibels*
Inb4 Frisk is added as yet another swordfighter within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, but everyone's ok with that cause it's Frisk. BRUH!!! RUDE BUSTER REMIX?!?!?! :2gud:

As for the Direct... oh dear, this seems like the work of none other than... INTERN-KUN!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So uh, remember how in november the cacomallow leak happened and the recording for byleth was finished?
There was also the fact that doom eternal was supposed to come on november.

... yeah i'm mad if this is the case
View attachment 262095
Educate me, what does the mii costume thing have to do with that??

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Can't confirm it but, honestly, it probably was especially in the light that the Resident Evil spirit event lined up with Resident Evil 3's announcement.
It really didn't though? The Resident Evil event happened like 2 weeks before the RE3 reveal. It also happened a month after RE5 and 6 were thrown on the eshop so who knows why it was actually thrown where it was.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So uh, Fatman was right, it seems that spirits are indeed getting pushed.
View attachment 262084
View attachment 262085
Go figure.
Checked myself, I remember actually looking at the numbers a month ago and I swear I already noticed the gaps, and sure enough, every number is tied with a spirit event, regardless of whether it contains new spirits.
1042 is https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/e432a816/img/1042_news.jpg
1044 is https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/c8f38aa2/img/1044_news.jpg

The only gap I can't seem to fill is 1040.

EDIT: Found 1040 as well. https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/7a45a363/img/1040_news.jpg

Seems like the gaps don't actually exist.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It really didn't though? The Resident Evil event happened like 2 weeks before the RE3 reveal. It also happened a month after RE5 and 6 were thrown on the eshop so who knows why it was actually thrown where it was.
Kunio Kun spirit event was announced about two weeks before it was announced that the Kunio Kun collection would be released outside of Japan so it honestly lines up especially when you throw in how the the events would happen several days later and then last for a couple of days, making them only about a week apart.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I want to bring up than Imran Khan of ResetERA said Byleth was at one time planned for December

Taking the Cacodemon out of their pack and delaying the character to add different mii costume and to save the cacodemon for later in context of the leak kind of makes sense. But we’ll see.

I’m one of the biggest skeptics of cacomallow on this thread, and it’s a tough subject, but I believe that if all this is true then it is serious evidence that it is in fact, real.

We’ll see.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, does anyone want to talk about, or guess what will happen two weeks from last week, which is next week as DaxMasterix DaxMasterix said? You know, as Sakurai said in that Famistu column about "the week after next" thing?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So there’s gotta be something smash related from Sakurai’s comment. Right? Logically?

Or maybe he will talk about all the work or whatever is involved with FP2 ... so like taking generally as opposed to a fighter.

That seems unlikely...

T2by4

Smash Lord
This morning, thinking back on the announcement of the Cuphead spirits event, I thought about that too. Cuphead will be getting spirits so... when's Undertale? With this, it's almost guaranteed that they'd add Undertale spirits (not just 4 though; may they add all the main cast).

Inb4 Frisk is added as yet another swordfighter within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, but everyone's ok with that cause it's Frisk. BRUH!!! RUDE BUSTER REMIX?!?!?! :2gud:

As for the Direct... oh dear, this seems like the work of none other than... INTERN-KUN!!!
I swear there was a rumor of Kris from Deltarune also getting a mii costume, that could be why. But bruh, if undertale somehow gets a full rep with someone like Frisk, the internet will lose its collective ****. More Undertale music would be GODLY. Maybe Sakurai recognized the popularity of Undertale with Sans mii costume and maybe he's gonna hook up Toby in some way? Who knows. The missing spirits for Undertale is very suspect tho. Also yeah, seems weird what happened to this direct where every leaker said it was this week. Nintendo might be going pro gamer mode on these leakers and destroying them one by one with the leakbaits.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I think the fact that we're getting Cuphead spirits this upcoming weekend; CUPHEAD, who on the Byleth presentation video got a (premium) Mii Costume. Sans got one too so... I mean, c'mon Nintendo, certainly you wouldn't leave things unbalanced, right? :nifty: Undertale spirit event? Or... Undertale SPIRIT BOARD along with playable Frisk?!?! Would have to be Frisk cause Kris... well... I'll leave it at that.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I think the fact that we're getting Cuphead spirits this upcoming weekend; CUPHEAD, who on the Byleth presentation video got a (premium) Mii Costume. Sans got one too so... I mean, c'mon Nintendo, certainly you wouldn't leave things unbalanced, right? :nifty: Undertale spirit event? Or... Undertale SPIRIT BOARD along with playable Frisk?!?! Would have to be Frisk cause Kris... well... I'll leave it at that.
What's great is that Frisk can be either or when it comes to their character. I was thinking of a meter for Frisk that decides if they go full pacifist or full genocide which then gives them new moves based on what they decided to charge. Frisk has a lot of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom