• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I did it. Gave the girl a valentine. I think she was embarrassed because she was at a table with other people. She said thank you and I left. Then hit my leg on the door on the way out.
Nice! Epic finish with the door. She didn't see that, did she? Well, even if she did, it'll be a funny conversation starter for later. So what exactly did you give her?

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Me failed to help my (at the time), mother of my child through her depression that kicked in because of miscarrying, causing her to commit... yeah
Really really sorry to read that mate. My condolecnces and hope you found footing after such a tragic incident.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations Psycoincarnate good luck with everything.

Also looks like Nintendo will be at E3 very good!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Me failed to help my (at the time), mother of my child through her depression that kicked in because of miscarrying, causing her to commit... yeah
Oh, Christ, I'm so sorry... Now I do remember...

Well... I guess this is as good of a time as any to just make mention that people do complain that I care about Geno fanbase but I do and it's part of the reason I keep things small like this. Obviously, I'm not going to meet a vast majority of you all in real life but, at the end of the day, I want interactions to be more personable, something that would be virtually impossible if I was some big ass YouTube or Twitter star like people expect me to be. I dunno. This fanbase was as grass roots as grass roots could be in the early 2000's and now it's this big ol' thing but I still want to retain the things that gave it such a great foundation to begin with: community and openness. That's kind of been our silver bullet all along and why it's not that unusual for people who have been here 5, 10, 15 years to keep coming back. I hope you all don't lose sight of that.

On a surface level, we're just words on a screen and goofy avatars but beyond that we're all people with our own lives and stories and what not. As always, this isn't exactly Nobel Prize stuff but obviously it's still important to you all but I hope that the community and the individuals that make it up are important to you all too. This is just video games but the people here are important. Cliche and some may respond "Fatman, KYS" but remember to care about each other and help if and when you can. That's what community is all about.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Why don't we just make our own Direct?
Haha, can you imagine doing a little puppet show-style direct where we have cardboard cutouts of the Switch controllers doing that *click* sound to start it off, and just carry everything out in that low-budget way? I would legitimately enjoy that (plus puppet style fits a certain puppet boi hint hint).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"What if Nintendo wants to make 6 a big surprise like Joker and just shadowdrops them at a convention before E3?"

94c.png

I mean... I suppose this could happen but what made Joker work was that literally no one was expecting the first DLC character to be revealed that soon. Everybody is ****in' antsy for 6 now and watching everything Nintendo does like a hawk. It's just not the same circumstances.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
- All the good rumors true, such as Paper Mario (3) and 2D Metroid (5).
- Geno is next smush bro.
- All NES/SNES games come to NSO. Also N64, Gamecube, and GB/GBC/GBA games too.
- Next big holiday title is in fact Zelda BOTW 2. It also has multiplayer if you wish to mess around with friends and do some dumb stuff. Has even more (and better) physics than the original. Durability increased, but weapons will still break. CRAFTING SYSTEM! You can craft weapons and stuff. Also player housing like the original, but greatly expanded (instead of just buying furniture, you can craft/find/buy it and place it like AC).
- More titles get revealed through the year.
- 3DS finally admitted to being dead and retiring.

Oh and one last one I can't believe I forgot:
- TPC admits GF sucks and drops them. Nintendo/Creatures buy out their shares. Nintendo's now gonna develop Pokemon and reveals Gen 9 is in development. Also they realize that transferring 'mons shouldn't be locked behind a paywall, so Pokemon Bank (not Home) is now permanently free and the feature to transfer mons to Home is also free (part of the basic version).

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
It's already 2PM though, hours after they usually post about a direct :\
It is exceedingly odd though how they've Tweeted nothing at all today. Usually they at least have one around noon but not this time. Something makes me think it got delayed and Nintendo can't Tweet about stuff as it would spoil the direct.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It is exceedingly odd though how they've Tweeted nothing at all today. Usually they at least have one around noon but not this time. Something makes me think it got delayed and Nintendo can't Tweet about stuff as it would spoil the direct.
So just post the damn direct already, especially if it's now causing tweet delays too.

It's extremely odd they've said nothing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretty annoying that it’s been 5 MONTHS with no info.
yes, we get it, you are in forever shock that the tweet they make isnt a direct announcement. No need to go "Really nintendo?" to each god damn god forsaken tweet they make just because it isnt about the ****ing direct. We understand, trust me We understand

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Decided to look into it via my own network and, yes, apparently A LOT of people were specifically told the 12th or 13th so I don't think anyone deserves the high ground on this one. Sounds like there was either a delay or Nintendo just leakbaited a lot of people.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Really really sorry to read that mate. My condolecnces and hope you found footing after such a tragic incident.
Thank¨s mate. Well, that¨s what supportive family and a good therapist are all about I suppose.

On a surface level, we're just words on a screen and goofy avatars but beyond that we're all people with our own lives and stories and what not. As always, this isn't exactly Nobel Prize stuff but obviously it's still important to you all but I hope that the community and the individuals that make it up are important to you all too. This is just video games but the people here are important. Cliche and some may respond "Fatman, KYS" but remember to care about each other and help if and when you can. That's what community is all about.
Thanks and 100% agree

]

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I also wonder if maybe because of the Corona Virus stuff things are on hold? We had a similar situation with a Direct and that earthquake. Granted, it’s not the exact situation but could be a factor.

Or Nintendo somehow is getting off on the drought and this is all according to the plan.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I also wonder if maybe because of the Corona Virus stuff things are on hold? We had a similar situation with a Direct and that earthquake. Granted, it’s not the exact situation but could be a factor.

Or Nintendo somehow is getting off on the drought and this is all according to the plan.
I feel like Nintendo usually knows just when to strike but lately it's felt like they've been holding off too long.

Something tells me now though that if the direct won't happen until March, it's been planned to be like that for a while. Harken back to January, remember how we got Byleth in his own presentation? Why do that if you could just hold out another month until a February direct while still being on time for the date the fighter pass was supposed to end on? It makes me think this direct's always been planned to be March now.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Something tells me now though that if the direct won't happen until March, it's been planned to be like that for a while. Harken back to January, remember how we got Byleth in his own presentation? Why do that if you could just hold out another month until a February direct while still being on time for the date the fighter pass was supposed to end on? It makes me think this direct's always been planned to be March now.
Because this was a reveal + Sakurai explanation video, not just a reveal. Directs aren't long enough to do a full explanation of the new fighter.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
...Really?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hope people aren’t expecting Nintendo to tweet about a Direct past 10 am eastern time. If it doesn’t happen by then it ain’t happening, and they’re not just not gonna tweet anything else until they announce a direct.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The Direct is ready, but is currently being held in storage with the Mother 3 localization, the next F-Zero, Skyward Sword HD, Metroid 5, & oddly enough, Amiibo Festival 2.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt the Direct was delayed just because of Byleth's negative reception. There has to be something behind the scenes that explains why this drought has been the way it is.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Fine, Fine. Welcome to Freduardo's Nintendo Direct.

We're going to start with a console announcement: The Switch Retro:

This switch works as a dock for a switch, has a cartridge slot if you just want to connect directly to a television (and then you can use your switch with screen as a separate controller.... like a gamepad!) Because this switch has a cd drive that plays Wii U and Wii games. Wii Motes and Wii Mote Pluses (and any other wii peripherals) will also be compatible with the system for all games that use them.

Wait, is that an SD card slot? Not exactly. It's got a little extra notch because this will allow you to use your tv to have two screens and play DS and 2DS cartridges.

If you had previously downloaded 3DS or Wii U games to your nintendo accounts from the Eshop, good news, they will be up for redownload to your switch for a nominal 1 dollar charge.

And now for a switch to game announcements.

Here's a Breath of the Wild 2 cinematic/gameplay trailer.

Whaaaat? Mario Oddyssey 2 announcement! Of course!

Metroid Prime 4 cinematic trailer.

Pikmin 4 announcement

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC announcement.

Kid Icarus Uprising 2 announcement (Focus on vs. mode where in addition to customized warriors of light/dark, players can just pick characters with their own premade sets like Magnus, Phosphora, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pyron, etc.)

Smash Brothers Character Release w/ Smash Run and Boss Rush modes being added with the start of season 2.

Third Party Game Reel

Indy Game Reel

Star Tropics 3 Announcement

Mother 3 being localized to the west announcement

Fire Emblem 4-5 remake announcement.

F-Zero HD Collection (F-Zero, F-Zero Satellaview tracks, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX, and all GBA games, including ones based off anime.)

Star Fox Command Vs. (A remake of Command with a new additional full multi branch campaign that similarly has different endings. The Star Fox 2 pilots added in new campaigns with new ships. And a overhauled vs. mode where people can pick among the different ships and stats that the original command presented).

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Collection (original game, adventures, and triforce heroes with a quadforce heroes option.)

Mario Switch Strikers Announcement

Ultra Mario And Luigi Announcement (All five games on switch released as a last ditch effort to save alpha dream. Geno has been put back into Superstar Saga. This will tie into...)

Geno Smash Bros Reveal (to be released in three months).

---

Well, hope everyone enjoyed the direct.

Firox

Smash Master
I like how our fan-made directs are 1000% better than anything we'll realistically get. I'm telling you, after all this time starving us of information, I could totally see them giving us nothing but a bunch of shovelware indies and a tree house demo of New Horizons. Then, to top it all off, Sakurai shows up at the very end just to say, "We know how excited you all are to see the next fighter, so that said, please look forward to E3 or something.....(waves his way off the screen)....toodaloooo, Mothah ****ahahahahahs!"

Polarthief

Smash Lord
We're now at the point where just getting an Animal Crossing Direct this month is more likely than getting two Directs unless Nintendo totally foregoes an Animal Crossing Direct for whatever reason.
I still feel like there's a chance, and the AC Direct could be pushed to early/mid March.

I'm just curious what the hell happened over at Nintendo, if this is deliberate or was in fact delayed. Was what insiders heard leakbait or again, just a delay?

Well in his last Famitsu column, Sakurai mentioned how he'd speak to us again the week after next didn't he? We may be waiting until the end of Feb for any news.
I also did say back then that it doesn't guarantee we'd be hearing about DLC 6 by then and he could have just been talking about the selection process or whatever. While it did seem likely we were gonna hear about DLC 6, this proves that nothing is ever absolute with Nintendo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom