• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Perhaps Nintendo is delaying it because of "Its happening this day!"
They showed up their self-awareness with the "Anime Swordman" joke during Byleth's presentation, So I'd understand if they delays some stuff just to **** on leakers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Off topic but my wife turned me down the first time I asked her out. Basically I was in a mental (asylum) health counseling class in grad school and one of our assignments was that we had to take a sizeable risk before the next class. The damn assignment was worth as much as a test and the class more or less determined what we were actually going to do based on things we talked about during class time (as part of our training, it was literal group therapy). In summary, I had to ask my wife out because, up to that point, I had been single for about nine years and basically torpedoed any relationship that might have happened out of lack of confidence. Long story short: I asked her out, she said no, but it ironically brought us closer together and I asked her again about 6 months later and she said yes. Exactly five years later I would propose and a year and a day after that we got married.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Off topic but my wife turned me down the first time I asked her out. Basically I was in a mental (asylum) health counseling class in grad school and one of our assignments was that we had to take a sizeable risk before the next class. The damn assignment was worth as much as a test and the class more or less determined what we were actually going to do based on things we talked about during class time (as part of our training, it was literal group therapy). In summary, I had to ask my wife out because, up to that point, I had been single for about nine years and basically torpedoed any relationship that might have happened out of lack of confidence. Long story short: I asked her out, she said no, but it ironically brought us closer together and I asked her again about 6 months later and she said yes. Exactly five years later I would propose and a year and a day after that we got married.
That`s kind of a wholesome story if you ask me, congratulations

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Your right, it isn't good. My cat has a massive tumor and my mom is massively losing weight like crazy and trying to go to doctor's to see why - while at the same time trying to transition to a new job because the company she works for is closing it's doors in the summer. Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.
I am so sorry to hear all that. As someone that has had family issues (and still does to some degree), I know how it is. I hope both your mom and cat recovers without no issue what so ever. About the girl, just go for it before it¨s to late. A no hurt more than no knowledge of the answer

Last edited:

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Ok ok, now that we've established that I'm a super credible insider, it's time I cryptically predict the next fighter in Smash.
clears throat
If any of you guys are stressed about Smash speculation, just remember star gazing is a good way to keep your spirits up!
the lord has spoken!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 261903

Guess who is having a good day
No offense, but how is playing Sword & Shield a good day? :ultpacman:
But seriously, congrats man.

"And that, children, is how I met your mother." - Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Your right, it isn't good. My cat has a massive tumor and my mom is massively losing weight like crazy and trying to go to doctor's to see why - while at the same time trying to transition to a new job because the company she works for is closing it's doors in the summer. Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.

But thanks for asking
I'm sorry you're going through all that stuff. I hope it gets better, my best to your mom and cat my thoughts and prayers are with them. Far as your crush I'd say give her the valentine even if it's something small I'm sure she'd apperciate it. Anyway all the best and hope it gets better.

Firox

Smash Master
"Alright bedtime story is over, now go to sleep Slimkidonice"
If Fatman literally named his kid that, it would be too epic. I could see it now.....he tucks in his kid, then turns to his wife:

"Ok, then. Ready to watch some Netflix, Hotwomanonice?"

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
If Fatman literally named his kid that, it would be too epic. I could see it now.....he tucks in his kid, then turns to his wife:

"Ok, then. Ready to watch some Netflix, Hotwomanonice?"
And this was the start of the On ice cinematic universe

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
well, you better hope to god and be 100% confident that Geno will show up because if you send them and he doesnt show up, oof, its gonna blow up in everyones faces
Or it’s just a nice gesture to make for two people who have been huge in our fan community in terms of creating great content and spreading the word about the character we’re here for.

I fully credit Papa, TM, and Fatman as major reasons as to why Geno is still in Smash discussion over a decade after Brawl came and went with him not making an appearance. That’s the kind of thing that causes once big Smash hopefuls like Fawful and Vaati to fade away. But they keep up the good fight and keep hope alive through their presence online.

I mean what’s the worst thing that could happen if they get sent to E3? A different spirit promotion happens? Some other SE character gets announced? It’s not like they’d fade to dust Infinity War style and blow away in the wind if Geno isn’t an E3 announcement. It’s still a nice gesture that they’d likely appreciate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is there any way we can do this a pettion or something? Papagenos videos are awesome and just plain enjoyable and he's always kept us updated on everything happening, with leaks and speculation.

Dude absolutely deserves to go to E3 so if there's anyway we can help him do that it has my support. Even if Geno isn't there he deserves to enjoy the event, and see Nintendo's festivities like everyone.

Terminal Montage don't know of him but he seems like he's actively supporting Geno too. So he deserves to go as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Now a lot of us are hoping and expecting a Direct announcement tomorrow for Thursday but what if...
it's an announcement for later that day?

Most likely won't happen but I would laugh my ass off if that happened.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Now a lot of us are hoping and expecting a Direct announcement tomorrow for Thursday but what if...
it's an announcement for later that day?

Most likely won't happen but I would laugh my ass off if that happened.
Oh my god if it did, everyone would have to apologize to Mandy XD

Also regarding sending TM/PG to E3, let's see who DLC 6 is first. If he's Geno, there isn't much of a point, y'know? (unless you wanna just do something nice for the sake of doing something nice)

D

Deleted member

Yeah your right let's see what happens first.

I mean they both would have to want to go. Let's see what goes down. But it's got my support for them. If it happens.

Also poor Mandy he's a cool dude and does not deserve the hate, even if the Crash thing is wrong, he still may come Just maybe later.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah your right let's see what happens first.

I mean they both would have to want to go. Let's see what goes down. But it's got my support for them. If it happens.
Inb4 we raise the money and neither one *can* go, lol. That'd be so awkward.

Also poor Mandy he's a cool dude and does not deserve the hate, even if the Crash thing is wrong, he still may come Just maybe later.
Yeah, but he did kinda bring it on himself. Don't go "212% confident" unless you know it's a for sure thing. Give an 80%, 90% even if you want. Once you hit 100% and it doesn't happen, you're doneskies.

PS: Not mad at him by any means, but he came off as arrogantly confident, and now he's like "I don't get how people can be so mean for a mistake". There's a reason the majority of insiders don't give total confidence: It destroys their credibility. The mean part is the Internet being the Internet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but he did kinda bring it on himself. Don't go "212% confident" unless you know it's a for sure thing. Give an 80%, 90% even if you want. Once you hit 100% and it doesn't happen, you're doneskies.

PS: Not mad at him by any means, but he came off as arrogantly confident, and now he's like "I don't get how people can be so mean for a mistake". There's a reason the majority of insiders don't give total confidence: It destroys their credibility. The mean part is the Internet being the Internet.
True we'll see what goes down. Even if the E3 thing dosen't pan out. A thank you card or something could do as well. But we'll see.

Anyway yeah he did bring it on himself. All the best to the guy, but yeah.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Anyway yeah he did bring it on himself. All the best to the guy, but yeah.
It's not like I want him to be wrong (about the Direct; idc about Crash nor when he's coming); it sucks that the Direct isn't tomorrow; hopefully it's Thursday but w/e.

TBH though I am glad this is quite a blow to the main person saying "Crash is #6" because it increases Geno's chances of being #6 ever so slightly. ;)
That said, If the Direct is coming this week, we'd hear *A LOT* more people saying Crash. I mean hell, if Banjo can get massively leaked before E3, Crash would as well (again to remind people who didn't see it, Activision is notorious for being bad at keeping secrets). Like Fatman's been saying, it makes a lot more sense for a secret-keeping company like Nintendo or SE to be up next (again, assuming the Direct is this week).

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
My take is if you're someone who genuinely harasses someone for making up something as trivial as Smash news then you need to grow up. Especially if it's because you believed them and now feel betrayed, it's kinda on you for believing someone with one specific thing they got right.
Though, I don't have really any sympathy for Mandy either. They stuck their head very far into the lions mouth and shouldn't be surprised with the result. Not to mention, lying and arrogance aren't exactly virtues that should be encouraged, so maybe it'll teach them an albeit very heavy handed lesson on why not to do either of those things.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
My take is if you're someone who genuinely harasses someone for making up something as trivial as Smash news then you need to grow up. Especially if it's because you believed them and now feel betrayed, it's kinda on you for believing someone with one specific thing they got right.
For sure! All I'm doing is pointing out why people are upset with him. To me, it's just another person who claims to have insider info but is extremely spotty so everything they say will be taken with a lot of salt from now on.

Though, I don't have really any sympathy for Mandy either. They stuck their head very far into the lions mouth and shouldn't be surprised with the result. Not to mention, lying and arrogance aren't exactly virtues that should be encouraged, so maybe it'll teach them an albeit very heavy handed lesson on why not to do either of those things.
Exactly. 212% confidence on something that didn't happen, and they continue to be arrogant and wonder "why are you guys mad?". It's like this is his first time on the Internet or something.

Not wishing anything bad on the guy, but he 212% did this to himself and I don't really have any sympathy for it.

Now if the direct doesn't happen this week though, I'm just gonna be mad at Nintendo for intentionally starving us all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not like I want him to be wrong (about the Direct; idc about Crash nor when he's coming); it sucks that the Direct isn't tomorrow; hopefully it's Thursday but w/e.

TBH though I am glad this is quite a blow to the main person saying "Crash is #6" because it increases Geno's chances of being #6 ever so slightly. ;)
That said, If the Direct is coming this week, we'd hear *A LOT* more people saying Crash. I mean hell, if Banjo can get massively leaked before E3, Crash would as well (again to remind people who didn't see it, Activision is notorious for being bad at keeping secrets). Like Fatman's been saying, it makes a lot more sense for a secret-keeping company like Nintendo or SE to be up next (again, assuming the Direct is this week).
Yeah I do hope Crash gets in because he'd be awesome and deserves so hoprfully it happens. Hopefully Geno's are good as ever. Don't know if he'll be 6 but, I'm as hopeful as ever. If he is just a Mii Costume I'm fine with that, sure it'll be cool. But hoping for the best of him being in the game.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah I do hope Crash gets in because he'd be awesome and deserves so hoprfully it happens.
I hope so too just for the people who want him even if I don't care for him. He's probably getting in, being one of the last few big name characters from the past still not in yet. I just really, really don't think he's next, but I do think he will be this year's E3, otherwise next year's.

Hopefully Geno's are good as ever. Don't know if he'll be 6 but, I'm as hopeful as ever.
I was thinking he's not next but now I'm not so sure. He very well could be... hmmm...

If he is just a Mii Costume I'm fine with that, sure it'll be cool.
I won't be. I'll be crushed to the point where I'd rather not have anything than a costume, given the time he's been in demand and speculated, plus the evidence (2 songs!!!). Plus if he's not added as a costume, he could always be in FP3/post-FP2 DLC. If he gets shunted to costume status, that's it for his chances.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Man, I must say...

If I were an insider, I would have given my predictions a 70 or 80 percent chance of coming true, even if I was completely sure about it. That said, I would not be so arrogant and confident about what I believe to be true. Even when completely sure, I would give lower chances to my predictions just to be safe.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
idk how premium mii costumes are quality wise. Do the helmets have their own unique facial animations or no?

The mii fighters were a cool idea, it’s just unfortunate the customization is so limited. Personally I would trade music for like a new special move or something that would affect gameplay and make certain costumes feel more like the character themselves.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Preferably, I'd rather have Geno not come back at all if it's between that and his costume coming back. I'd just rather not have a week or two where I'm very depressed that he got costumed and would instead prefer it just to simmer gradually.

On the topic of Crash though, despite my opinions on Mandy, I still do think he'll be getting in at some point.
My current predictions are (in a bit of a tentative order are):
Geno
Crash
Dante
Lloyd
And 2 others (one possibly being a shill pick for Nintendo)

D

Deleted member

idk how premium mii costumes are quality wise. Do the helmets have their own unique facial animations or no?

The mii fighters were a cool idea, it’s just unfortunate the customization is so limited. Personally I would trade music for like a new special move or something that would affect gameplay and make certain costumes feel more like the character themselves.
Then it would probably increase the price of the costumes if they add a full new move. It wouldn’t be consistent with the other “limited“ costumes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The helmets always have the same expression. It’s weird because the Sans costume actually has an unused texture for him having his glowing blue eye.

D

Deleted member

The helmets always have the same expression. It’s weird because the Sans costume actually has an unused texture for him having his glowing blue eye.
I wonder if it was supposed to just be a dev secret. I doubt it would‘ve even been used.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
And 2 others (one possibly being a shill pick for Nintendo)
If Nintendo wants to be cool about it: Toxtricity. If Nintendo wants to be mega lame and shill the stupid dumb DLC: Stupid not-Pangoro -ifu.

As for the other, maybe the holiday 2020 title? The 2021 title? Who knows.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

premium mii costumes? They're Mii Costumes with a Music Track.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
It's like they are mocking us at this point
And another one
Bros, this straight up seems like they're tweeting some of the so-so game announcements to give way to the General Direct. :nifty: Guess tomorrow's do-or-die in regards to a Direct announcement. Right now, if it legit gets announced for Thursday (February FREAKIN' 13TH), hehe...

This party will be getting CRAZY.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Bros, this straight up seems like they're tweeting some of the so-so game announcements to give way to the General Direct. :nifty: Guess tomorrow's do-or-die in regards to a Direct announcement. Right now, if it legit gets announced for Thursday (February FREAKIN' 13TH), hehe...

This party will be getting CRAZY.
And it will get even crazier if there is no Direct announced tomorrow. We may each need our own doctor, for that matter! We'll be that crazy in this party!

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
“The Direct is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

I can dream, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom