• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
See Fatman, the problem with your prediction is that there's not nearly enough disappointment. I wish I could say I was joking, because these are all stellar picks, which to means one or more them are going to be someone far less exciting.
I have yet to find anyone totally okay with this list. Crash is probably the only character here that most people agree on. Everyone else is kind of all over the place. They're all big names and wanted but, hoo lad, most of this list is controversial. Obviously I'm pretty well acquainted with how people feel about Geno but it wasn't until I started predicting them that I learned just how many people genuinely hate the idea of Waluigi, Master Chief, and Lloyd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can't mod a mii fighter, mainly because their heads are separate entities. It loads their heads from the switch, and bam, you got yourself a nice mii fighter, you just can't skin the mii brawler
And all of a sudden, I learned something!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Crash and Dante are the only two that most people agree with me on of the seven. Leakbait is done with characters from the same company so the argument here would be Crash is for another Activision/Blizzard character and Dante for Capcom. Again, we've established that Capcom and Activision both suck at keeping secrets and Kamiya/Capcom have both expressed interest in Dante in Smash leading me to believe neither is leakbait.

I mean... I wrote a 15 page essay for Geno... I could probably do something similar for most of the others if I was genuinely motivated, especially Lloyd, Dante, and Waluigi. It's one of those things where I zone out because I've been keeping mental tabs on this stuff for over a year so covering it all in a post would, uh, be pretty hard. Depending on how this week goes, I'll consider doing big ass essays for some of the others before E3.
Oh, I wasn't expecting an essay quality post. Though, I know how much you enjoy writing them(except the time consuming part). Lol. I just wanted some brief thoughts on each, but it's fine. Just wanted to see it from your point of view on those characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have yet to find anyone totally okay with this list. Crash is probably the only character here that most people agree on. Everyone else is kind of all over the place. They're all big names and wanted but, hoo lad, most of this list is controversial. Obviously I'm pretty well acquainted with how people feel about Geno but it wasn't until I started predicting them that I learned just how many people genuinely hate the idea of Waluigi, Master Chief, and Lloyd.
While most of the characters on that list really ain't my cup of tea, I can think of characters that would be a whole lot worse. The list is honestly "Count your lucky stars" type thing pretty much. The Smash fanbase doesn't know how lucky we are with Sakurai being the Smash director. What other video game developers can anyone name here that has delivered as much fan service as Masahiro Sakurai? I can't think of a single developer honestly, especially one that brought back dead characters such as Pit, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and hopefully Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Alongside Geno, I wouldn't have a problem with Lloyd due to the fact he's been requested since the Brawl days like Isaac, and Master Chief is certainly one of the most iconic FPS characters alongside Doomslayer. Legacy characters like those make sense to me.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Geno, Master Chief, and Crash would make "Everyone is here" feel very awesome and real to me.
Waluigi, Lloyd, and Dante don't do anything for me personally, but I'd be happy for their fans.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another reason why I'm going with this prediction list is because it "feels" right. Every character on it has had a tangible fanbase since at least Brawl and everyone would have some degree of an impact on the Smash fanbase. Yeah, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about Dante or Chief but there's no denying they would be megaton announcements. Geno's that way with a lot of people too. Not everybody would be over the moon about him but I think most of the Smash fanbase, especially the part of it that's disgustingly old like me, would agree that he would be "appropriate" for the ultimate Smash game if this really is our final batch of characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Geno, Master Chief, and Crash would make "Everyone is here" feel very awesome and real to me.
Waluigi, Lloyd, and Dante don't do anything for me personally, but I'd be happy for their fans.
To me Everyone Isn't Here until Dixie Kong, Toad, Waluigi, Pig Ganon, and Bandana Dee all get in. Truly they're the last Nintendo All Stars not yet in Smash that certainly deserves to be.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
To me Everyone Isn't Here until Dixie Kong, Toad, Waluigi, Pig Ganon, and Bandana Dee all get in. Truly they're the last Nintendo All Stars not yet in Smash that certainly deserves to be.
I'd replace Waluigi with Bomberman, but that's just me

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
As far as I'm concerned everyone won't be here until captain falcon stops moonlighting as a zelda villain.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd replace Waluigi with Bomberman, but that's just me
I respect that. But I was just pointing out what Nintendo characters that would make this game feel complete. Dear lord it would take me forever to list all the 3rd party characters that deserve to be in this game:

Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Spyro
Kratos
Doomslayer
Sora
Bomberman
Lara Croft
Rayman
Ezio Auditore
Heihachi
Nightmare
Crono

The list can go on and on with gaming icons.

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I respect that. But I was just pointing out what Nintendo characters that would make this game feel complete. Dear lord it would take me forever to list all the 3rd party characters that deserve to be in this game:

Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Spyro
Kratos
Doomslayer
Sora
Bomberman
Lara Croft
Rayman
Ezio Auditore
Heihachi
Nightmare
Crono

The list can go on and on with gaming icons.
My bad I was just thinking of assist trophies and classic NES games, I don't mean any offense to anybody about it, I've just honestly never cared for Waluigi

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
My reactions to the characters:
Ridley: YES!!!
Simon and Richter: Awesome!
Dark Samus: *incomprehensible screaming*
Chrom: Why do we have 3 Awakening reps?
K. Rool: THIS GAME IS AMAZING!
Isabelle: Cool.
Ken: MY STREET FIGHTER MAIN IS IN SMASH! WAS THE GRINCH LEAK REAL!
Incineroar: No. It wasn't.
Pirhana Plant: You have to be f***ing kidding me.
Joker: *incomprehensible screaming*
Hero: Damn it, i thought it was gonna be Geno.
Banjo: *incomprehensible screaming*
Terry: YES! GIVE ME ALL THE FIGHTING GAME REPS SAKURAI!
Byleth: Eh, whatever. Better than Corrin.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
There is always room for improvement. The main glaring omissions in this game for me include the following:

Geno - Obviously. This has been boiling for years now..

Crash - The old school rival of Mario AND Sonic. I really hope he makes it. He is my most wanted by far.

Tails/Shadow/Eggman - It is truly absurd that Sonic has nobody with him at this point. Where is TAILS?? They are two peas in a pod.. When you play the games you never really see one without the other. Very much like Mario and Luigi.

Master Chief/Doom Slayer - One of these to rep the FPS genre.

Cranky/Funky/Dixie - One of them should be in here by now.. Nintendo/Sakurai really do REP all other franchises besides Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem way too slowly..

Rayman - Give Ubisoft one damn spot. Namco got Pacman. Let Ubisoft put Rayman in here. Then we'll have all the MANS that matter anyway. Jumpman, Megaman, PacMan, and Rayman!

Lara Croft - Imo she is the MOST recognizable video game female icon. None of the other ladies hold anything on her. She is who I wish we would've gotten instead of Joker.. It still would've felt just as awesome, but at least we would've gotten a female instead of sausage fest pass. (Kazooie doesn't count and damn near all FE reps get female alts so TO ME it still felt like we got 0 women)

Isaac/Bandanna Dee - Nintendo fans are clamoring. Give them one of these as playable. Please and thank you.

SURPRISE CHARACTER!!! Waluigi - Yes of course.. I def think he deserves it. Always have. I nearly had a melt down when I saw that a PLANT got added before him..

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So on the topic on who deserves to be in Smash, do you guys think it's mainly big gaming or Nintendo icons like Crash, Chief, Kratos, Toad, and Waluigi or big highly requested characters in the community like Geno, Isaac, Shantae, Bandana Dee, ect? I think mainly most of the big gaming icons deserve to be in Smash, but Smash wouldn't be as fun without all the underdogs to be honest. I mostly like the underdog characters or obscure characters more myself having characters such as Goemon, Porky, Tron Bonne, Shantae, and Geno among characters on my wanted list. My taste is a mix between awesome obscure characters and gaming icons. It mostly depends what said character can bring to the table with their potential moveset.

As far as I'm concerned everyone won't be here until captain falcon stops moonlighting as a zelda villain.
The Ganondorf in Smash has been Captain Falcon in a Ganondorf costume this whole time. Golly, I should have known. :4pacman:

Edit: Wait a minute?! That means Captain Falcon orchestrated almost all the **** that went down back in Subspace Emissary. How is that possible?! He was helping everyone else unless that was just a clone. But that's just a theory... A GAME THOERY!!! Thanks for watching!

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
I don't think all six of the final six are going to please anyone, no matter who it ends up being, but there's no denying that these six all have a pretty wide range of appeal. I would argue all six would be pretty good crowd pleasers. I myself have no attachment to Dante or Lloyd, and used to abhor the idea of Waluigi getting in, but they would all certainly make a splash.

I guess what I was getting at that is none of those would be duds, or more/equally poorly received than positively received, like Byleth, Corrin, Plant, or ROB. There's always going to be at least one that everyone collectively asks 'why?' about.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So on the topic on who deserves to be in Smash, do you guys think it's mainly big gaming or Nintendo icons like Crash, Chief, Kratos, Toad, and Waluigi or big highly requested characters in the community like Geno, Isaac, Shantae, Bandana Dee, ect? I think mainly most of the big gaming icons deserve to be in Smash, but Smash wouldn't be as fun without all the underdogs to be honest. I mostly like the underdog characters or obscure characters more myself having characters such as Goemon, Porky, Tron Bonne, Shantae, and Geno among characters on my wanted list. My taste is a mix between awesome obscure characters and gaming icons. It mostly depends what said character can bring to the table with their potential moveset.

The Ganondorf in Smash has been Captain Falcon in a Ganondorf costume this whole time. Golly, I should have known. :4pacman:

Edit: Wait a minute?! That means Captain Falcon orchestrated almost all the **** that went down back in Subspace Emissary. How is that possible?! He was helping everyone else unless that was just a clone. But that's just a theory... A GAME THOERY!!! Thanks for watching!
All I can say is I wish getting into Smash as a "playable character" was more about LEGACY. What that character did in gaming that was so amazing to get them so much popularity. Any other non-main characters from any franchise could always be a trophy, sticker, or spirit of course. That would more than likely mean we would have less playable fighters, but I'm not about more. Sometimes too much of something is a bad thing. *cough* FE *cough*

I judge Sakurai/Nintendo like I would judge a 3 course meal. (that is what I do..judge chefs) If the appetizer, main course, or dessert ruins one of the other 2.. You still lose brownie points from me. That is why someone like Byleth (while his move set is awesome) came at the worst possible time. If one course IS DEF worse than the rest..the maker needs to PRAY it isn't the last thing we devour. Byleth being the FINAL fighter was MEH to be sure....especially after the "Who is Terry Who TF is TERRY?!".

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All I can say is I wish getting into Smash as a "playable character" was more about LEGACY. What that character did in gaming that was so amazing to get them so much popularity. Any character from any franchise could always be a trophy, sticker, or spirit.
Perhaps so. But if Smash was all about legacy characters, than it wouldn't be as interesting. Underdogs and curveballs make this franchise all the sweeter and it helps acknowledge obscure franchises to the public.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Perhaps so. But if Smash was all about legacy characters, than it wouldn't be as interesting. Underdogs and curveballs make this franchise all the sweeter and it helps acknowledge obscure franchises to the public.
I can def see this perspective being very profitable as well. It's just for me personally, my immediate reaction when I see something like Pirahna Plant, another FE character...another Pokemon....even R.O.B... I just think its silly. Like beyond silly.. However, I admire that about Smash at the same time. It is nice to play a fighter that isn't as serious and in your face as say someone from Killer Instinct or Mortal Kombat. Smash has always been bittersweet at it's core.

Speaking of bittersweet. That is EXACTLY how it felt when Geno and K. Rool got Mii costumes in Sm4sh. It makes you feel like it's GAME OVER MAN....until next time anyway? And here we are.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Geno's that way with a lot of people too. Not everybody would be over the moon about him but I think most of the Smash fanbase, especially the part of it that's disgustingly old like me, would agree that he would be "appropriate" for the ultimate Smash game if this really is our final batch of characters.
*Geno is revealed as Challenger Pack [insert Vol. 2 number here]*
Me: "Ah yes. Finally, the true main character of Super Smash Bros. is playable." :2gud:

QQS

Smash Lord
809B2666-3763-4B0B-9460-659152FE7199.jpeg

I was the reviving the moment of Banjo and seeing how it feels when we get Geno soon. That was the the closest feeling I guess. Cause everyone can expect Sonic, Mega Man (cause being gaming icons; or even Ridley and KKR (cause being from Nintendo). But getting Banjo was like a dream come true after that many years since N64, being from a Third Party, a solid pick in every aspect and the fan love. Well, same goes for Geno and even an older one! Being from the Snes era (1996) and having only one game when he is playable.

Go to Banjo’s thread on page 643 and revive that feeling when the thread was from being speculation to confirmation. It’s amazing, Geno will be monumental, and even better for us. The puppet is coming, Geno awakens!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess what I was getting at that is none of those would be duds, or more/equally poorly received than positively received, like Byleth, Corrin, Plant, or ROB. There's always going to be at least one that everyone collectively asks 'why?' about.
That's definitely Waluigi. Pretty much everyone has heard him at some point since 2018 but virtually no one believes it.

"You've heard Waluigi?"

"Yeah. He's definitely leakbait though."

"Why?"

"It's Waluigi... He HAS to be."

This is typically the direction conversations go with Waluigi with insiders and part of why for awhile he was the Voldemort of Smash speculation. People will begrudgingly accept Geno but Waluigi just triggers full on offense in some people, as if their entire sense of reality would be shattered if Waluigi was playable. It's great; I love it.

QQS

Smash Lord
Where I can get the Geno’s hat in png format? (To add it to a photo)

thank you!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That's definitely Waluigi. Pretty much everyone has heard him at some point since 2018 but virtually no one believes it.

"You've heard Waluigi?"

"Yeah. He's definitely leakbait though."

"Why?"

"It's Waluigi... He HAS to be."

This is typically the direction conversations go with Waluigi with insiders and part of why for awhile he was the Voldemort of Smash speculation. People will begrudgingly accept Geno but Waluigi just triggers full on offense in some people, as if their entire sense of reality would be shattered if Waluigi was playable. It's great; I love it.
What if waluigi is leakbait for geno...

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually I Am wondering Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

IF your Prediction List did turn out to be the True Fighter Pass, you know with Geno, Waluigi, Master Chief, Dante, Crash, and Lloyd, Wouldn't the Nintendo Ninjas be coming after you right now and trying to Cease and Desist you?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Rip, took an unexpected nap and missed all these good posts today!

Regarding CacoMallow: The cry-laughing emoji Mii face, wasn't that a mod (and not a leak) showing that it's difficult to recreate the smoothness done in the CM leak? I remember seeing that exact same picture and it was in the context of proof that CM is likely real, not trying to be a separate leak. I could totally be wrong about that as my memory is balls, but that's what this ol' noggin is remembering.

Have anyone considered that if Geno is #77, not only he will fit being the 7th Star, he will also be the second fighter of the FP2, which we saw with Square’s Hero being the second fighter of FP1. Probably doesn’t matter, but I’m pretty sure he is going to be revealed soon. 100% sure.
He's also the second character you get (besides Mario, obviously) in SMRPG, and also comes alongside the second major (Smith Gang) boss, who gives the second star piece. This all also takes place on the second land area, and just before, you passed through the second major town to get there.
Dunno if you wanna get all tinfoil hat about it, but the number 2 comes up a fair bit regarding Geno.

I honestly have been leaning towards the Cacoleak being real this whole time. However, whether it's real or not, it doesn't condemn Geno that's for sure. If anything it BOOSTS his chances by quite a bit.
Yup, this. Even if Caco doesn't come out, it doesn't hurt him that bad. You still have the missing Mii costume from Sm4sh and the 2 (NOT 1) copyright takedown songs. 2 being very important since every SE character so far has 2 songs each (Hero has 8 because there's 4 Heroes; each one got 2). Too many signs point to playable over costume.

Obviously I'm pretty well acquainted with how people feel about Geno but it wasn't until I started predicting them that I learned just how many people genuinely hate the idea of Waluigi, Master Chief, and Lloyd.
Idc about MC, but I'd be happy for his fans if he got in; I'm also pro-Wah and pro-Lloyd for sure.

Alongside Geno, I wouldn't have a problem with Lloyd due to the fact he's been requested since the Brawl days like Isaac, and Master Chief is certainly one of the most iconic FPS characters alongside Doomslayer. Legacy characters like those make sense to me.
TBH I'd say MC is more iconic simply that you see MC a hell of a lot more than you see Doomguy (who also literally doesn't have a name). I'd also argue that Halo is a more well known series as well, especially in the modern day today. That said, I would argue Doom is much more important to "gaming history" if you want to look at it at that angle.

Definitely this. I like that we have a mix of both old and new because it brings all aspects of gaming together. Celebrating the nostalgia and history of the old while looking forward and continuing to enjoy gaming of the new.

Also the majority of the West to this day would still have no clue what Fire Emblem is if it wasn't for their inclusion in Smash. Many of us also wouldn't know of Earthbound/Mother if it wasn't for Ness (I was like "who the hell is this kid?" back on Smash 64).

Where I can get the Geno’s hat in png format? (To add it to a photo)

thank you!
Credit to ActualGarbage (dunno how to link to people, sorry guys).

Attachments

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 261810

I was the reviving the moment of Banjo and seeing how it feels when we get Geno soon. That was the the closest feeling I guess. Cause everyone can expect Sonic, Mega Man (cause being gaming icons; or even Ridley and KKR (cause being from Nintendo). But getting Banjo was like a dream come true after that many years since N64, being from a Third Party, a solid pick in every aspect and the fan love. Well, same goes for Geno and even an older one! Being from the Snes era (1996) and having only one game when he is playable.

Go to Banjo’s thread on page 643 and revive that feeling when the thread was from being speculation to confirmation. It’s amazing, Geno will be monumental, and even better for us. The puppet is coming, Geno awakens!
God, this was such an amazing moment. I especially like the first image there, "YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANY GOD DAMN FAITH" indeed.

Dustin made a prediction video for FP Vol. 2, on his YouTube channel. And it has Geno in it! And he had some interesting choices in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYpsOM2MiTA
Wow, thanks for spoiling it, you crotch bone. :ultpacman:

Rip, took an unexpected nap and missed all these good posts today!

Regarding CacoMallow: The cry-laughing emoji Mii face, wasn't that a mod (and not a leak) showing that it's difficult to recreate the smoothness done in the CM leak? I remember seeing that exact same picture and it was in the context of proof that CM is likely real, not trying to be a separate leak. I could totally be wrong about that as my memory is balls, but that's what this ol' noggin is remembering.
That was a recreation made by some anon on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as the one in the CacoMallow Post.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
That was a recreation made by some anon on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as the one in the CacoMallow Post.
Like I said, memory is balls. I do remember seeing some similar stuff though regarding it being shown off as "modding this is currently not possible" and modders basically saying CM was very likely legit because of it, or it's some new modeling technique not yet known to everyone else (which just seems so unlikely).

But yeah, that emoji face thing is obviously fake for all the reasons posted 1-2 pages ago.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this will mean anything, but February 11th is a holiday in Japan (National Foundation Day)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never been so itching for a direct for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually I Am wondering Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

IF your Prediction List did turn out to be the True Fighter Pass, you know with Geno, Waluigi, Master Chief, Dante, Crash, and Lloyd, Wouldn't the Nintendo Ninjas be coming after you right now and trying to Cease and Desist you?
No because this is just my own speculation. Yes, it's based on insider information but it's still predictions. No one is outright telling me these names as full on happening without a doubt. Leaks are objective, speculation is subjective. I'm not pretending to not know. Basically I'm sliding together pieces of a puzzle in a way that makes the most sense to me.

D

Deleted member

No because this is just my own speculation. Yes, it's based on insider information but it's still predictions. No one is outright telling me these names as full on happening without a doubt. Leaks are objective, speculation is subjective. I'm not pretending to not know. Basically I'm sliding together pieces of a puzzle in a way that makes the most sense to me.
Fatman I’m sorry but you obviously do know. You know that Nyan the Cat while be a playable character taking Geno’s spot! I knew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom