• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, since we know the format for the DLC for Season 2 is the same as last time, what spirits for the spirit board and music tracks would you expect to come with Geno? I want to wager we'll get additional tracks from Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi's series if we don't get any Super Mario RPG tracks beyond Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Against an Armed Boss.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
EDIT: "KH4: Sora gets lost in JCPenny"? LOL The only problem is that the plot isn't convoluted enough for KH. Now, if the JCPenny was in the Shadow Realm, inside a video-game, inside a Toy Story mall, with a clone of Xehanort who is also his son and grandfather from the future, THEN we're talking.
The problem with KH4: Sora gets lost in JCPenny is he would have to be looking for his mom and, wellllll

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I doubt another Square rep is coming if it isn't Geno. I doubt they'd just delay the Mii costume just to say "Oh hey Geno fans, here's your costume back. Sora and Geno were both created by Square anyway, so it's basically the same thing, right? Yaaaaay...". I also just don't think Sora is likely at all. Even if Sakurai could find a way to faithfully rep KH without any Disney content, that doesn't mean Disney will be okay with it. Sure, they may seem willing to have KH in Smash if asked, but I'm sure that's "willing" with a very big asterisk. They don't want to license out their Disney crossover game character just to have all the other company's iconic properties meticulously scrubbed away. I'm sure they'd want Donald and Goofy at least in some form and neither Sakurai nor Nintendo play that way. And as mentioned previously, despite KH being rather large, Sora rarely if ever appears in any crossovers, so I doubt this case will be any different.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I doubt another Square rep is coming if it isn't Geno. I doubt they'd just delay the Mii costume just to say "Oh hey Geno fans, here's your costume back. Sora and Geno were both created by Square anyway, so it's basically the same thing, right? Yaaaaay...". I also just don't think Sora is likely at all. Even if Sakurai could find a way to faithfully rep KH without any Disney content, that doesn't mean Disney will be okay with it. Sure, they may seem willing to have KH in Smash if asked, but I'm sure that's "willing" with a very big asterisk. They don't want to license out their Disney crossover game character just to have all the other company's iconic properties meticulously scrubbed away. I'm sure they'd want Donald and Goofy at least in some form and neither Sakurai nor Nintendo play that way. And as mentioned previously, despite KH being rather large, Sora rarely if ever appears in any crossovers, so I doubt this case will be any different.
I still think we will get both Geno and Sora because both of them are too popular too ignore especially Sora since he would be a giant cash cow for both sides of the table.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Can you guys all stop talking about this? This thread is going so fast I'm having trouble keeping up with my replies! :ultridley:

Posts like this make me really excited to see Byleth continue to live rent free in this community for the next several years.
>Everyone who didn't like or don't care about thing are buttmad

Also this is false. People keep saying this because it makes Byleth look worse, but watch the actual video. They weren't as loud as usual, but the crowd was pretty hyped. Stop spreading this. See for yourself
If by "hyped" you mean "people cheered for a couple of seconds and then went dead silent, which I've never seen happen with them for anything Smash related ever", then yeah, people were hyped over Byleth.

I find it very funny that this some on this thread have no problem bashing anyone else not named Geno, but will get really upset when people do the same to him in this thread. (Or elsewhere)
I find it very funny how you think some on this thread aren't allowed to do that when everybody else does, as if we're supposed to put on some sort of a united front and be accepting of everyone else's characters in addition to Geno.

Let's compare this to something like, say, Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear started on the NES, Metal Gear Solid started on the PS1.
Actually, Metal Gear started on the MSX2. The NES game is an abridged port of that.

I think if geno does get revealed, as tempting as it will be (and it WILL be tempting) to rub salt in the wounds of his detractors. I think I'm gonna try a different approach. I think it'd be mighty cool of us to break the "hoes mad" cycle and meet frustration with understanding and a hope that they'll come to appreciate the character in time.
Feel free, but I'm certainly not doing that. If Geno gets in, I'm going to hardcore dunk on everyone who thought it wouldn't happen with plenty of memes, as well as a BestGuyEver-styled video for Geno.

Sora getting in is only a matter of whether Disney would be cooperative or not, and the legal issues regarding how he can be represented without the Disney-specific iconography. That's all there is to it. Geno and Sora are not competitors as they're owned by two separate companies.
From what I've seen, Disney have stated that they're totally willing to lend Sora to Smash.
https://www.hypable.com/sora-in-smash-ultimate-kingdom-hearts/

As this article details, while Sora and the Kingdom Hearts IP is owned by Disney, they always ask Nomura for permission to use them as a courtesy. As such, getting Sora in Smash would depend on both Nintendo wanting to make that happen, and Nomura being comfortable seeing Sora in Smash. So Disney would definitely be fine with it, they just need the OK of Nintendo and Nomura.

You know, I wonder how the future is going to look for Geno if he doesn't make it into Ultimate. I don't really want to start the topic, but it's a possibility we have to be open about.
The future of Geno getting in Smash depends entirely on whether all you guys decide to do what you did with Brawl and drop him if he doesn't get in. That's basically how it goes for every character.

Say they did announce "Kingdom Hearts 4: Sora Gets Lost in JCPenny's" for Switch right here, right now.
Yo, don't even joke about that. You know Nomura is the kind of guy who'd actually make that a reality, so don't give him any ideas. :ultpacman:

The problem with KH4: Sora gets lost in JCPenny is he would have to be looking for his mom and, wellllll
They saved Roxas, Aqua and Xion from their fates, they'll save Sora's parents too. And if he doesn't have parents, they'll just make them for him.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's ever been this bad, especially if my guy ends up being wrong about a late January Direct. If he's wrong, that means that Nintendo has more or less been teasing a major Direct for almost a month with no real payout except a mountain of rumors, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, and Byleth, a character that even Fire Emblem fans didn't want.
(X) Doubt.

Yeah that's complete bull**** if you look around for even just five minutes you can see that FE fans clearly wanted him as TH was an amazing game with loads of critical and commercial acclaim from fans, critics and others alike. You can't just claim stuff like that without backing it up with proof and evidence cause it's clearly incorrect.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Oh man, wouldn't it be nice if Geno from Super Mario RPG was a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch?

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, wouldn't it be nice if Geno from Super Mario RPG was a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch?
You know, you might be onto something there. His costume hasn't come back yet. I feel he could become playable as Banjo has set a precedent for character inclusion purely on the vessel of fan support! It's totally possible!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It would be a really nice thing! It would also be great to get SMRPG on the SNES online as well. That way, his game can be on the Switch.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If by "hyped" you mean "people cheered for a couple of seconds and then went dead silent, which I've never seen happen with them for anything Smash related ever", then yeah, people were hyped over Byleth.
If you want to see NYC Nintendo booing, then go back and watch last year's E3 when they showed the 2K Basketball game. There you have the crowd mad.

I think among all the Youtubers Arlo had the funniest reaction to Byleth lol!

Arlo is such a goofball.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

I find it very funny how you think some on this thread aren't allowed to do that when everybody else does, as if we're supposed to put on some sort of a united front and be accepting of everyone else's characters in addition to Geno.
The cheering also sounded weird even when it happened. Like, it sounded like a few people being really loud and then immediately stopping when they realized everyone around them was dead silent. If you can't tell that the reactions were a good deal more muted then usual, then I don't think we were watching the same reaction lol.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Can you guys all stop talking about this? This thread is going so fast I'm having trouble keeping up with my replies! :ultridley:

>Everyone who didn't like or don't care about thing are buttmad

Actually, Metal Gear started on the MSX2. The NES game is an abridged port of that.

Feel free, but I'm certainly not doing that. If Geno gets in, I'm going to hardcore dunk on everyone who thought it wouldn't happen with plenty of memes, as well as a BestGuyEver-styled video for Geno.

From what I've seen, Disney have stated that they're totally willing to lend Sora to Smash.
https://www.hypable.com/sora-in-smash-ultimate-kingdom-hearts/

As this article details, while Sora and the Kingdom Hearts IP is owned by Disney, they always ask Nomura for permission to use them as a courtesy. As such, getting Sora in Smash would depend on both Nintendo wanting to make that happen, and Nomura being comfortable seeing Sora in Smash. So Disney would definitely be fine with it, they just need the OK of Nintendo and Nomura.

The future of Geno getting in Smash depends entirely on whether all you guys decide to do what you did with Brawl and drop him if he doesn't get in. That's basically how it goes for every character.

Yo, don't even joke about that. You know Nomura is the kind of guy who'd actually make that a reality, so don't give him any ideas. :ultpacman:

They saved Roxas, Aqua and Xion from their fates, they'll save Sora's parents too. And if he doesn't have parents, they'll just make them for him.
Not the point I was making.

I was pointing out the double standard on how some people here flip their wigs when Geno gets bashed by the community, but have no problem doing it to any other character they don’t like, but go off I guess.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I was pointing out the double standard on how some people here flip their wigs when Geno gets bashed by the community, but have no problem doing it to any other character they don’t like, but go off I guess.
I will say, sadly it happens with not just this thread, but others as well.

Hell, the Banjo Thread was semi bad when it came to bashing Steve. TheCJBrine TheCJBrine could probably back me on this.

EDIT: EntropyAtrophy EntropyAtrophy Humble Pie can be delicious.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna be partaking in the clowning of the naysayers and assholes if/when Geno is revealed. We've been the butt of jokes for a while, we have zero reason to turn the other cheek and start being all nice. Fine if that's not some people's style, but some of us need this. Now, I don't wanna see any of you getting to ugly about it. Cheap jokes are fine but don't straight up harass people, ya hear? Also I absolutely do not want to see anyone using hoes mad at all, we're so many degrees above that.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Let's hope the mods don't decide at some point to permanently lock the Geno thread like they did to the Ridley Smash 4 thread back in the day.
I often feel that's the goal for some people. Especially those coming into the thread to just pick fights.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So, anyone getting Season 2 FP when its available for purchase? If you are ok with the unknown.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna be partaking in the clowning of the naysayers and assholes if/when Geno is revealed. We've been the butt of jokes for a while, we have zero reason to turn the other cheek and start being all nice. Fine if that's not some people's style, but some of us need this. Now, I don't wanna see any of you getting to ugly about it. Cheap jokes are fine but don't straight up harass people, ya hear? Also I absolutely do not want to see anyone using hoes mad at all, we're so many degrees above that.
I will have only the most respectable of dunks for the haters. No harassment, no hating on other characters, just Geno dabbing all over the place.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Yeah boy, count me in.
The Geno gamers will rise up.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

This is the Geno thread though. We don’t go into other threads to bash their favorite characters like a lot of people like to do here.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Hell, the Banjo Thread was semi bad when it came to bashing Steve. TheCJBrine TheCJBrine could probably back me on this.

This whole community is a **** storm. These "hoes mad things" started already back with Joker and not with Hero as everyone seems to think

So, anyone getting Season 2 FP when its available for purchase? If you are ok with the unknown.
I¨m gonna do it. It would annoy me more to not have the complete rooster then anything

Attachments

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Yeah, I remember there was a couple of Banjo-Roos posting pictures of Steve hanging himself the day the bear and bird duo got in.
Yeah, it sucked. As a fan of both Steve and the Rare duo, it was extremely annoying and childish. I even saw one guy being a jerk to a Steve fan who was very polite on Twitter. The Grotesque Steve trolls, who also harass Steve fans, didn’t make it any better by fooling B-K fans into thinking they were legit Steve supporters.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yeah, I remember there was a couple of Banjo-Roos posting pictures of Steve hanging himself the day the bear and bird duo got in.
And we will not be doing that as GenoBros! Instead, we will cheer everyone else on.

Hell, we should be doing that now! Geno protects Star Road that gather WISHES! Holy Crap!

*Epiphany*

Here me out. How would you start this next Fighter's Pass if everything was kind of the "Too good to be true" theme it seems like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and others with info seem to imply.

Start with Geno who has been seeing these wishes coming! Or end with him...dang.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Aye I'm all in for roasting Geno detractors as long as it's not borderline harassment or ****ty hoes mad memes.

Sidenote, I'm changing for my pfp to Cacomallow for the time being just to remind y'all once again that it is, in fact, real. :bobomb:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
(X) Doubt.

Yeah that's complete bull**** if you look around for even just five minutes you can see that FE fans clearly wanted him as TH was an amazing game with loads of critical and commercial acclaim from fans, critics and others alike. You can't just claim stuff like that without backing it up with proof and evidence cause it's clearly incorrect.
That's a pretty broad generalization. Mind you, I'm not heavily involved in the Fire Emblem community, but I've seen plenty of support for Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude over Byleth - Byleth's a neutral option (so that the devs aren't favouring one route over the others, or saying that one route is "canon"), but he's arguably the blandest. Then again, my concern was that Byleth would play like a mix between Marth and the Belmonts - the devs had to have him use the weapons of the other house leaders to expand on his move set, but that helps.

The same goes for most communities. Obviously, people are going to prefer some characters over others, they're not going to like it when people insult the characters that they want, and they aren't going to be as concerned about bashing characters if they're unfamiliar with them, haven't played their games, or don't want them in Smash. (this isn't the case for everyone, but between the Byleth bashing, Hat Ken memes, people calling Banjo a "cereal mascot" or calling K. Rool a "Bowser knock-off", etc., it seems to be a problem no matter where you turn when it comes to Smash characters) It's not like this is exclusive to one fanbase, and it's not as though all Geno supporters act like this.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I think the main issue is the smash fanbase at large tends too adopt a very "I'm happy with this thing, therefore everyone should be happy with this thing" kind of stance. (And I'm not just talking about byleth here. I'm talking geno and everyone else too) people tend to come down on us for our dissatisfaction because we're backing a very underdog character here. I think it's fair to say that most (not all) of us really don't care if people don't like geno, but it gets really annoying when they come into this thread to talk about it. Then we get admonished for not being accepting enough.

Tl;dr everyone should take a chill suppository. They're minty fresh.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And we will not be doing that as GenoBros! Instead, we will cheer everyone else on.

Hell, we should be doing that now! Geno protects Star Road that gather WISHES! Holy Crap!

*Epiphany*

Here me out. How would you start this next Fighter's Pass if everything was kind of the "Too good to be true" theme it seems like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and others with info seem to imply.

Start with Geno who has been seeing these wishes coming! Or end with him...dang.
If I was choosing the characters for Season Pass 2 under the "Impossible" theme than I would start and end with Geno and Waluigi vice versa. Both of them would definitely be in my book.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Aye I'm all in for roasting Geno detractors as long as it's not borderline harassment or ****ty hoes mad memes.
While we're at it, let's not make up some overly repetitive joke that's just hoes mad with a fresh can of paint. We didn't wait this long just to take the easy path. Let's be original, it has more of an effect.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Geno would not approve of minty suppositories. His uncle was a mint plant. Have some respect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ok then, considering he is arguing " Sora hasnt touched Switch" But neither has Geno so what makes him so special?
I’m saying, it’s useless to talk about it since it has nothing to do with Geno nor his chances. We had characters that aren’t associated to Nintendo. Besides we all know SMRPG is coming to the Switch and made on Nintendo consoles before. Pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom