• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I keep saying, cowards need not apply. We're talking about a virtual puppet, not life and death, so no sense in being wishy washy over something so trivial, right? A Smash Bros character pick is hardly a conviction to live and breathe by and, yes, I am full on making fun of how weirdly serious things have gotten. "Non, je ne regrette rien." People are horrified at how deathly serious I got? Think about how I feel with the daily insults and threats I get. That's what's really horrifying. All this over video games. Ridiculous. Again, I'm not going to be chased off the internet because "Geno bad" or whatever is the accute cause of death of civility and emotional regulation in this thread and elsewhere. Same as the last 14 years, y'all are stuck with me so let's make the best of it, shall we?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Like I keep saying, cowards need not apply. We're talking about a virtual puppet, not life and death, so no sense in being wishy washy over something so trivial, right? A Smash Bros character pick is hardly a conviction to live and breathe by and, yes, I am full on making fun of how weirdly serious things have gotten. "Non, je ne regrette rien." People are horrified at how deathly serious I got? Think about how I feel with the daily insults and threats I get. That's what's really horrifying. All this over video games. Ridiculous. Again, I'm not going to be chased off the internet because "Geno bad" or whatever is the accute cause of death of civility and emotional regulation in this thread and elsewhere. Same as the last 14 years, y'all are stuck with me so let's make the best of it, shall we?
Yes sir, let's enjoy this crazy ride while it lasts
(Since you mentioned something like being the captain of the Genobros i thought this would be fitting)
PicsArt_01-18-01.23.27-1.jpg

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
This is equally as hopeful as it is worrisome. Here's hoping Square really is the company we treat it like, just this once.
I'm a bit more on the worried side of the affair. Mainly for the Paper Mario portion, since the last time we've tried a "return-to-form" esque reboot, Miyamoto went in and essentially mucked it up by forbidding the creation of friendly "enemy" characters like Goombelle or Koops, as well as the teams behind Sticker Star and Color Splash making the games grindfests with regards to stickers, coins, and/or paint. If this Paper Mario reboot is true, then I hope that he has some say, but not all the say on how Paper Mario goes. Why not a Boshi type Yoshi? Why not a Goombelle? Why not even a villain like Count Bleck or the Shadow Queen, whom operate outside of Bowser's range? There's a lot to say, but I feel ill equipped to say it, though I hope am I aiming at the right direction with regards to the above criticism.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, because apparently Smash speculation has gotten so deathly serious we need "leaders." Sure, I'll accept the oh so heavy mantle of being the Jean Valjean for Geno. This way to victory or something, whatever... How did we get here? Who knows? Maybe they'll make an inspirational Disney movie about me in 40 years. "One man... Stood his ground... To defend... A video game character. This summer... Relive the true story about a man, a virtual puppet, and an internet forum. Danny Devito III is Fatmanonice in... March to E3 2020: the Quest for Geno."

I.D.

Smash Lord
Dude, didn't you yourself say at some point you would "bury Sabi with your own hands if he harmed the Geno fanbase"? Settle down bro :laugh:

D

Deleted member

This post was warned as spam due to bringing up off-site leaker drama/not pertinent to the thread
Fatman to S*bi:
1A7228D1-40AA-4D26-8CD4-E54757FC99AA.jpeg

Anyways, Geno cool.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dude, didn't you yourself say at some point you would "bury Sabi with your own hands if he harmed the Geno fanbase"? Settle down bro :laugh:
Why do you care? It's just more opportunities to call me a clown. Why does my personal image matter to you? Some of my sharpest critics were suddenly very concerned about my personal safety and the irony is palpable. "We have just been calling you a fraud and a liar for months.... w-what are you doing Fatman?! Why are you being so transparent?! I'm scared for you; please stop!!! We just wanted you to disappear forever is all!" Do you see what I'm getting at? This whole thing is a farce and if people are trembling when I match their attitudes with the same depth of seriousness, it's just more evidence of how out of hand the whole damn thing is.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Modders have successfuly replicated the jiggle physics on a version of the Mallow costume without crashing the game. There was a great deal of misinformation around what was and what wasn't possible at the time, and we've seen enough evidence to cast more than a reasonable amount of doubt to the validity of Cacomallow. At best, we're getting a character in April (and that's a long shot), which puts Cacomallow at 6 months old and one character removed since they didn't come with Byleth and it's more likely we're waiting until like June/July for that first Volume 2 character from Sakurai's request for us to wait patiently and the overall release calendar taking so much time compared to Volume 1. The further removed we get from the original "leak," the much less likely it is to be real because there's no real reason for them to have produced and tested these costumes so long ago.

That's also not how the burden of proof works. It was one whoever leaked it to prove that it was real, not on the people observing it to prove it fake. Cacomallow had to do literally anything to prove it was real and it hasn't. The costumes are nowhere in sight, nor does it make sense for Mii costumes to be made so apparently incredibly in advance of whatever character they're coming with and in testing for this to leak at all. Not to mention, ever willing to issue take downs Nintendo has literally not touched anything related to this effect even though we saw them insanely trigger happy with Pokemon Sw/Sh leaks at the same time. There's literally nothing to corroborate these few seconds of video as anything outside of wishful thinking that it might point to a preferred outcome (and it didn't even really do that since Mallow and Cacodemon costumes don't actually have to imply anything about playable characters).

The rest of the Smash community has long since moved on and overwhelmingly buried this fake upon Byleth's announcement.
They recreated the jiggle. Nothing else. They weren’t able to replicate the Cacodemon head on the mii head. They weren’t able to have it all running together at once. To me and plenty of other people that’s not “reasonable evidence”. Doing half approximations of things and not the whole thing is not proof the thing you’re attempting to show can be replicated is fake.

We’ve been over this before, but characters take about a year from being designed to being fully implemented and available to play. Do you have a time table detailing when exactly mii costumes are made with respect to the characters they’re coming with? No. We just know several characters are in different stages of development at any given time. They looked fine in that 12 second clip from October but that doesn’t mean they’d necessarily be completed nor do we know of Mii Costumes are being worked on even in advance of the characters they’re releasing with.

That utilization of burden of proof doesn’t actually work for this situation because the person who leaked it (if real) is obviously not going to step forward and get legally destroyed by Nintendo. They also didn’t make a claim. They only released what they did. However, People online claiming it was fake stated that the fact that it would be able to be replicated would be proof that it’s fake. Therefore burden of proof of that claim does fall onto them. No one was able to replicate it. So therefore their claim that it is definitively fake cannot be proven.

So again, I really don’t understand your staunch positioning over this being so obviously fake. The reality is we just don’t know either way yet. It could be real it could be fake. But the longer it flies with no one actually replicates the sequence camera angles and all or someone steps forward to admit they made it or like with the Grinch leak characters are revealed that show it to be fake then we cannot definitively say it is a fake. And if anything the more real it appears because again we have no official statement regarding the timetable of when Mii Costumes are made with respect to characters.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
We all need to stop clinging to bull**** rumors and theories, that is what is killing us, as a fanbase.

An expectation for something not guarenteed is, frankly, a death sentence.

Cacomallow is fake. I have no idea why people are still trying to keep to alive when Fighter 5 was literally a make or break for it.

Like I said, the only rumor still alive is the Mallow/Smithy leak and even then, we don’t know the specifics or if this particular leaker was trying to troll Geno fans by throwing fake information into a pile of real information.

Geno could be an upgraded Mii Costume, and we all need to prepare ourselves for that scenario because as i’ve clarified ad nauseum, the Fighter’s Pass 2 is just as ill suited for Geno as the first one was

-Sora
-Crono
-Lara
-2B

4 possible Square Enix reps that could come with a Geno costume in their pack.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just pointing out:
If people are so concerned about the mental health of someone on this forum I don’t think that jumping into the thread they are in to taunt and goad them over their posting inconsequential details of their own speculation or bring up outside of the thread drama is at all empathetic. It almost looks as if you’re trying to bully and jeer at someone who has openly admitted to having a mental illness rather than caring about their wellbeing whatsoever. Not a good look at all.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Guys lets just stop the fighting. It’s how we got locked last time and pretty pointless in general. Just don’t give attention to a post trying to start something.

Anyways I’m late to the dlc ranking but here we go

Piranha Plant: C-
Honestly I don’t hold that much resentment to plant. Sure he’s not a great pick but I doubt he was very resource heavy, and most of us got him for free. He’s decently fun to play imo as well.

Joker: C+
I never had much hype for joker but he is a very deserving pick, and a lot of my friends were very hyped for him. I don’t enjoy playing as him that much but he’s cool

Hero: B+
My feelings are a bit torn on Hero. I love dragon quest, especially VIII, and was very hyped to see Guv as one of the skins. However, I cant fully get a hang of how he plays. I always miss the dash attack and the down special gives me a headache, but I still enjoy playing on occasion.

Banjo: S+
Man I can’t put into words how excited I was for Banjo. Tooie was the earliest game I can remember playing, and the original two have been some of my favorite games my whole life. I think I run through Kazooie about 2-3 times a year and Tooie once. Anyways the smash inclusion was incredible. Hype trailer, great stage, great music (though I wish there was a bit more), and Banjo is a blast to play.

Terry: B+
An underwhelming pick for me at first, but he’s really grown on me. He has a ton of history and man is he fun to play. Plus all the cameos and songs are great.

Byleth: C- / D+
Byleth was objectively a pretty jarring way to end an all third party pass, and they feel really out of place. If they were our first post pass, I’d probably give them a straight C. Nothing I’m excited for but not horrible, and we have a ton of fire emblem already. They’ll probably be decently fun to play though.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why do you care? It's just more opportunities to call me a clown. Why does my personal image matter to you? Some of my sharpest critics were suddenly very concerned about my personal safety and the irony is palpable. "We have just been calling you a fraud and a liar for months.... w-what are you doing Fatman?! Why are you being so transparent?! I'm scared for you; please stop!!! We just wanted you to disappear forever is all!" Do you see what I'm getting at? This whole thing is a farce and if people are trembling when I match their attitudes with the same depth of seriousness, it's just more evidence of how out of hand the whole damn thing is.
Or maybe, people can separate a concern for well being and the validity of your statements as entirely separate things. I can say I don't believe much of anything in regards to your supposed "insider information" and think that you're over playing your hand with some information you do have without that meaning I literally want you to have violence inflicted upon you or want anything worse. That's an absolutely ridiculous and malicious escalation that the vast majority of people are not going to ever want in any capacity. I get it, you've been doxxed and have had unjust amounts of hate thrown your way that have escalated beyond criticism... but you've got to learn to differentiate different types of criticism and skepticism for crying out loud and not go nuclear to the point where you're actively doing something against forum rules in a misguided attempt to deflect any and all of it.

Take a break and step away from the keyboard for god's sake Fatman. I'm not saying leave forever, but this has clearly reached a breaking point for you and it's just time for a break.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
We all need to stop clinging to bull**** rumors and theories, that is what is killing us, as a fanbase.

An expectation for something not guarenteed is, frankly, a death sentence.

Cacomallow is fake. I have no idea why people are still trying to keep to alive when Fighter 5 was literally a make or break for it.

Like I said, the only rumor still alive is the Mallow/Smithy leak and even then, we don’t know the specifics or if this particular leaker was trying to troll Geno fans by throwing fake information into a pile of real information.

Geno could be an upgraded Mii Costume, and we all need to prepare ourselves for that scenario because as i’ve clarified ad nauseum, the Fighter’s Pass 2 is just as ill suited for Geno as the first one was

-Sora
-Crono
-Lara
-2B

4 possible Square Enix reps that could come with a Geno costume in their pack.
Why do you feel the need to repeat the same points over and over regarding the worst case scenario for Geno? We were aware of them well before you started posting a bunch of pessimistic stuff yesterday. If you don’t want to see people discuss the cacomallow stuff then simply put those of us that are on ignore or something. It maybe “bull****” to you but it’s not bull**** to the rest of us so I don’t really feel like stopping my discussion of it over you throwing a fit about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
User warned for trolling.
Talked with a confidant today and they pitched at me yet another rumor I've seen people volleyballing around. Seems like a lot of people are in agreement that Byleth wasn't always meant to 5. My theory was that Ryu was cut and Byleth plugged the hole. Here's an alternative explanation I'm now hearing:

Blythe was supposed to be a base roster character but Three Pouches got delayed and thus all the Free Couches content was put on hold. To make up for this, Blythe was stuck on the end and our real 5 was moved to 6. So... What could this mean? Two possible things in my opinion:

-Paraleak was actually right and the Aubergine Avenger was originally supposed to be 5 but moved to 6.

-Shifty and Brew were right and Ryu was originally supposed to be 5 but moved to 6.

What's ironic about this situation is that it supports the idea that either of these characters was actually leakbait or flat out misinformation for Byleth, a character created by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo. Fun stuff.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Talked with a confidant today and they pitched at me yet another rumor I've seen people volleyballing around. Seems like a lot of people are in agreement that Byleth wasn't always meant to 5. My theory was that Ryu was cut and Byleth plugged the hole. Here's an alternative explanation I'm now hearing:

Blythe was supposed to be a base roster character but Three Pouches got delayed and thus all the Free Couches content was put on hold. To make up for this, Blythe was stuck on the end and our real 5 was moved to 6. So... What could this mean? Two possible things in my opinion:

-Paraleak was actually right and the Aubergine Avenger was originally supposed to be 5 but moved to 6.

-Shifty and Brew were right and Ryu was originally supposed to be 5 but moved to 6.

What's ironic about this situation is that it supports the idea that either of these characters was actually leakbait or flat out misinformation for Byleth, a character created by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo. Fun stuff.
Very curious i must say, i wouldn't mind getting Ryu with Geno at all

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Another possibility I’ve been thinking about is that Resident Evil/Jill was gonna be in the pass and something fell through, so instead we got the spirits and Byleth was made to fill the hole. Just my theory though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*sigh*

Seriously man? People can separate not believing what you say about rumors and you as a person. People are concerned about you as a person nobody not even the harshest of skeptics wanted you to be doxxed nor do they want you to go down this deep rabbit hole where you start sharing personal information and it possibly leading back to bite you and your family in the ass. This really isn't a smart plan it isn't a smart decision and I beg you PLEASE take a break for your own mental well-being.

You don't have to leave forever nor do you have to leave for years but at least for a moment take a step back reflect on your actions and straighten yourself out for yours and your family's sake. Nobody wants to see you go down this rabbit hole of self destruction over a mario pikachu fighting party game. I as a person behind this account plead for you to take a break at least for a little while the Geno fanbase will be here for you when your back or whatever just please take a break. This fanbase isn't going to self-implode if you leave for a little while.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Another possibility I’ve been thinking about is that Resident Evil/Jill was gonna be in the pass and something fell through, so instead we got the spirits and Byleth was made to fill the hole. Just my theory though
been wondering this exact same thing. a spat with koei feels really off especially when they have content in smash anyway and unreleased games have never been a problem before especially for fire emblem so I don't think 3h's delay affected much. On the other hand we have this juicy rumor that a RE character was planned and dropped and last month got some spirits that would have fit in quite well with that. So if there was any hiccups behind the scenes that's the one I would expect.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Why do you feel the need to repeat the same points over and over regarding the worst case scenario for Geno? We were aware of them well before you started posting a bunch of pessimistic stuff yesterday. If you don’t want to see people discuss the cacomallow stuff then simply put those of us that are on ignore or something. It maybe “bull****” to you but it’s not bull**** to the rest of us so I don’t really feel like stopping my discussion of it over you throwing a fit about it.
I’m already seeing conspiracy theories about how Byleth wasn’t supposed to be the 5th character or whatever and it hurts to watch. When we gonna actually get some cold hard evidence for Geno or Waluigi instead of these nonsensical theories that end up wrong almost every time? As a fan of both of those characters, it’s only a matter of time before I get sick of being jerked around while the rest of the fanbase is telling me to “cope and seethe” because these characters will never make it :/

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Can I make a bold claim? So I was lying in bed last night trying to get some sleep. I had thoughts of this fighter's pass and how their are possibilities of stuff being moved around. For the Mii Costumes...yeah. I could see them being moved around. The absence of Namco is incredibly odd in retrospect.

However, the fighter's themselves? I think this pass was actually what it was from the get go. Now the fighter's order could have been switched, but not between the 1st and 2nd pass. I was looking back at the E3 Direct of 2018 when Smash was shown off more, but guess what was JUST announced as well?

Fire Emblem Three Houses. ALSO, during that time a certain "Phil" was having a nice lunch with Nintendo. Maybe talking about some of their favorite musical instruments? A Banjo? IDK. One of the big things is that this game is NEW. I mean, it JUST got announced. I know someone is going to bring up Xenoblade 2 and state the "That game was too new for Smash, but not FE:TH!?" I feel this was Nintendo's move. Take a gamble on this Fire Emblem being a real banger, which it was. People won't be too upset, yeah? Apparently not (The fan in me is sad). So I think this Pass was set in stone from when they finalized it in November.

"But what about Ryu Hayabusa!?" Is it possible he was bait for Byleth? Such an odd claim, I know, but think about it. They helped with FE:TH. Not to far out of the realm of possibility, but who knows. "Alright...but color theory was wrong!" WAS IT NOW!?! This is the one thing that bothered me the most and kept quiet about it, but no longer. Piranha Plant was a bonus, not apart of the pass. I think the colors of the pass IF it was Orange would have been off putting. Green was still on the table, but people were adamant about including PPlant so whatever.

Rant is done, Geno is still looking good gang!

EDIT: Saw the update from our resident Fatman. If true, that would be something.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
*sigh*

Seriously man? People can separate not believing what you say about rumors and you as a person. People are concerned about you as a person nobody not even the harshest of skeptics wanted you to be doxxed nor do they want you to go down this deep rabbit hole where you start sharing personal information and it possibly leading back to bite you and your family in the ass. This really isn't a smart plan it isn't a smart decision and I beg you PLEASE take a break for your own mental well-being.

You don't have to leave forever nor do you have to leave for years but at least for a moment take a step back reflect on your actions and straighten yourself out for yours and your family's sake. Nobody wants to see you go down this rabbit hole of self destruction over a mario pikachu fighting party game. I as a person behind this account plead for you to take a break at least for a little while the Geno fanbase will be here for you when your back or whatever just please take a break. This fanbase isn't going to self-implode if you leave for a little while.
Come on, dude. The guy did something impulsively because he got triggered by a bad actor coming into the thread to rile him up. He realizes that was a bad call. He shouldn’t have to leave the site over it. If you care this much about his well-being maybe start calling out people who come into the thread to take potshots at him in an attempt to set him off. Because at a certain point it starts to feel like victim blaming.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just in denial but I still think Cacomallow has a chance of being real. The last Smash reveal was recorded in November and that's when it also popped up and started spreading. We know Mii Costumes are definitely made pretty far in advanced with this as well (unless these showcases are edited weeks or months later). This doesn't mean Geno or Doomguy can't be costumes but there is still that small piece of hope in me we got both as characters. Modding exists but until I see proper evidence that it is 100% fake or deconfirmed by other means like with the Grinch leak, then I still believe it can be real.

MattX20

Smash Hero
A question that crossed my mind. Given that Yoko Shimomura composed most of the original tracks for Super Mario RPG and isn't stingy like Sugiyama or Uematsu, how many at bare minimum do you think we'll get alongside Geno and the stage?

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice take a break if you need too. But please don't let it get the point where you share you're personal information that ain't right, and you don't need that stress. We support you and will still be here when you get back.

But if you have to step away to get things straightened out do so. We'll still be here. And Geno's chances are good. I believe that.

Don't let these people set you off and know you have our support!

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
*sigh*

Imagine unironically saying this when most of Fatman's problems are from OTHER PEOPLE taking Smash too seriously.

"Fatman you should take a break from speculation because you are being a bit extreme. It doesn't matter that the internet is being extreme against you and your actions are not justified in any way. This is all on you."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*sigh*

Self destruction? I have a Master's degree, no debt, a loving wife, a very strong and supporting network of friends and family, am fully medicated, and a long list of hobbies outside of Smash. I'm 6'6, have gorgeous hair, and am regularly told that I'm pretty good looking despite being the size of a small building. I'm a published author, helped found a warming shelter, have led several student organizations, run a Facebook group with my wife where we advertise and help plan community events, was an event coordinator for an animal shelter, etc. Does that sound like I don't have my life together? Me sharing my LinkedIn profile is flexing if anything. People always imagine me as this half crazed, morbidly obese kissless virgin in my mom's basement when the reality of things is that I'm pretty accomplished and caring despite people telling me I'm gullible or manipulative or, bottom line, that I'm a bad person. That's what I'm fed up with. Question my integrity? Honesty? Damn right I'll get indignant because why should I roll over in the face of people outright attacking my character and morality over, for the billionth time, video game rumors. That's the absurdity of it all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m already seeing conspiracy theories about how Byleth wasn’t supposed to be the 5th character or whatever and it hurts to watch. When we gonna actually get some cold hard evidence for Geno or Waluigi instead of these nonsensical theories that end up wrong almost every time? As a fan of both of those characters, it’s only a matter of time before I get sick of being jerked around while the rest of the fanbase is telling me to “cope and seethe” because these characters will never make it :/
Well, I guess you have better things to do than being in a character speculation thread telling your points over and over again that Geno is gonna be an updated costume and getting sick of theories. If you think that the rest of the characters will be disappointing because so far DLC is not going your way, you might as well wait till Smash 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Then maybe stop barging into the thread and taking potshots at him to try and set him off if all of yall really care for him as a person.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Well, I guess you have better things to do than being in a character speculation thread telling your points over and over again that Geno is gonna be an updated costume and getting sick of theories. If you think that then rest of the characters will be disappointing because so far DLC is not going your way, you might as well wait till Smash 6.
I never said that Geno is guarenteed to be an upgraded Mii Costume, i’m just saying it’s a very real possibility that we shouldn’t deflect just because “aaaah it’s only happened to indies so far therefore it can’t happen to an old irrelevant RPG character”

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Self destruction? I have a Master's degree, no debt, a loving wife, a very strong and supporting network of friends and family, am fully medicated, and a long list of hobbies outside of Smash. I'm 6'6, have gorgeous hair, and am regularly told that I'm pretty good looking despite being the size of a small building. I'm a published author, helped found a warming shelter, have led several student organizations, run a Facebook group with my wife where we advertise and help plan community events, was an event coordinator for an animal shelter, etc. Does that sound like I don't have my life together? Me sharing my LinkedIn profile is flexing if anything. People always imagine me as this half crazed, morbidly obese kissless virgin in my mom's basement when the reality of things is that I'm pretty accomplished and caring despite people telling me I'm gullible or manipulative or, bottom line, that I'm a bad person. That's what I'm fed up with. Question my integrity? Honesty? Damn right I'll get indignant because why should I roll over in the face of people outright attacking my character and morality over, for the billionth time, video game rumors. That's the absurdity of it all.
Don't flex on them TOO hard Fatman.

We all know what happens when Popeye flexes too hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom