• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
People will say Sakurai is overworking himself or he needs a break but if he really wants to continue Ultimate we shouldn't stop him from doing what he loves lol

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie
What you say is very True, I am just imagining however, If I were directing either Ultimate or its sequel I could envision myself creating a roster of up to 150 playable characters (just like the original number of Pokemon) if not even more!!!
People will say Sakurai is overworking himself or he needs a break but if he really wants to continue Ultimate we shouldn't stop him from doing what he loves lol

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
At the time of the leak I remember several people online were saying that the only reason the modders weren't able to completely replicate the costumes was because whoever made this probably had a ton of time to do so and with enough time modders wold be able to replicate it exactly. It's been, what? 3 months since the leak? And no one has come forward with a 1:1 replication? I really don't think it's because they just happened to forget about it or decided it wasn't worth their time. If someone were to replicate it exactly and prove it to be fake definitively they'd get a ton of clout online for being able to convincingly replicate Nintendo's work that closely.
Almost no one outside this thread cares enough to devote any significant amount of time to it is kind of the issue. Cacomallow came and went as far as the overwhelming majority of the community is concerned, and like I've said before, it's almost certainly fake at this point.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
A bit later than others, but here's my grading for each character in the pass. Because I was so salty about Plant, I haven't bought the full fighter's pass so this is mostly how I feel about the character's inclusion and less how they play.

Joker (B+)
I like the character, and Persona 5 has been sitting near the top of my game backlog for quite awhile now. Joker fits my playstyle of usually fast characters. What bugs me is that I suspect this is a character that Nintendo was asked to put in, rather than the other way around. With all the other appearances in games he's made, I suspect Altus just asked if Nintendo would put him in.

Hero (A-)
I've only played the first one of these, Dragon Warrior for the NES. This is a venerable, popular and excellent series that I'm happy got representation.

Banjo-Kazooie (A+)
This is the type of character we need more of. The Nintendo 64 game was great, and I am happy to see these two back home, even if it's temporary. They represent a major character with a large force of fans backing their inclusion.

Terry (B-)
I am unfamiliar with his series, and I didn't know his name when he was added. Still, he is an old character that represents a venerable franchise or two.

Byleth (D-)
I very nearly gave them an F, and the only reason I didn't is their moveset looks unique. Like, this is me taking pity on them at the end of the semester because they're only a percent off from a D. This would be a B or higher if it was this moveset on literally anyone besides a Fire Emblem rep. It's kind of how I wanted Dragonborn to play: they have a bunch of weapons available in their game, so why not in Smash as well?

Do we have too many sword users? In my opinion, the answer is no. We have too many Fire Emblem sword users. And, beyond that, we have more than enough Fire Emblem representation. Fire Emblem is a good series, I've enjoyed their inclusion in Smash. Roy has been my main since Melee, with Marth and Lucina being backups when I want something slightly faster.

Overall: C+
If this were a group project, the other 4 would be pretty angry at the guy who came in last and let the rest of the group carry their grade.

Basically, I want to see more franchises represented more than basically anything. I would be happy if we didn't have a single repeating franchise for the rest of the DLC. Geno is my one exception to that; I think he's overdue and should've been in Brawl. I could also stretch and say he's from the unrepresented "Mario RPGs" series, but that is really stretching it.

Geno playable for Smash. Barring that, characters from unrepresented franchises. And then, characters from under represented franchises. Mario (aside from Geno), Fire Emblem, and Pokemon should be completely off the table in terms of new characters.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Good lord the thread’s been going by fast

So why has everybody given up on Cacomallow already? Nothing about it’s been confirmed but nothing’s been deconfirmed really, and I thought the general consensus was that if it is real it’s for characters far in advance.

Also what happened to Wynn? I know he was our resident pessimist but he was kinda endearing in a way. I hope he’s doing alright

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Ooh we're ranking DLC fighters. I'll give it a shot. I'll be ranking them based on how I felt about their inclusion as a character and their moveset

Pirahna Plant (D): Personally his inclusion felt like a slap in the face and even though he has some unique moves he just doesn't do it for me.

Joker (C): I haven't really played Persona 5 but I love the unique aesthetic he has. His moveset is alright although it's a bit bland for me

Hero (C+): Dragon Quest is a massively influentual series that more than earned his spot. I love the spell gimmick he has although I feel mixed on how it was executed. There is too much RNG and the menu isn't really ideal but I can still have a lot of fun with it.

Banjo (A+): Favorite newcomer in Ultimate period. Seeing this long lost Nintendo all star finally return was a real treat and his moveset is a perfect love letter to his game and is incredibly fun to use. Hope he becomes a mainstay in the future.

Terry (B): I knew he was but barely before his reveal and wasn't too generally excited until the fantastic showcase by Sakurai. He's a great character and although I'm not the best at landing his inputs are incredibly satisfying when it lands.

Byleth (C+): On his own he's a great representation of Fire Emblem. He utilises the other weapon triangle weapons which fans have been begging for so long to see in a FE rep. Sadly the oversaturation of FE reps does take away his excitement to a degree. He isn't an ideal DLC choice but he looks like he could be a blast

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Good lord the thread’s been going by fast

So why has everybody given up on Cacomallow already? Nothing about it’s been confirmed but nothing’s been deconfirmed really, and I thought the general consensus was that if it is real it’s for characters far in advance.
Neither the Mallow Hat nor the Cacodemon Hat have been revealed for Smash after being leaked two months ago, so people are beginning to dismiss it outright as a fake. Apparently when things are leaked, they come with a "real by" date that dictates that if they aren't proven real by a certain time, they're fake. It's the same thing that happened to the Ken Leak when it was posted four months before he was officially revealed for the game.

Basically, people are impatient. They can't handle it when an alleged leak isn't proven or disproven immediately, so they just dismiss it and move on. Smash DLC isn't a quick thing, this **** takes time. Assets are often made well in advance and are only released many months after the fact, and are often made in concert with other assets. I swear, it's like these people think DLC is made linearly one at a time.

Also what happened to Wynn? I know he was our resident pessimist but he was kinda endearing in a way. I hope he’s doing alright
He's been banned again. The most recent post I could find of his was him sarcastically flinging mud at Fatman. He'll most likely be back in a few days, ready to ***** us out once again. Hopefully he's spending this time doing something more productive than bitterly complaining on an imageboard for hours on end.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He's been banned again. The most recent post I could find of his was him sarcastically flinging mud at Fatman. He'll most likely be back in a few days, ready to ***** us out once again. Hopefully he's spending this time doing something more productive than bitterly complaining on an imageboard for hours on end.
I mean...

I saw him complaining on Twitter.

spongeabc5

Smash Rookie
Kind of skimmed over the last couple pages, so not 100% sure if this hasn't been mentioned already, but there's something I noticed in Byleth's presentation that may help the theory that Byleth wasn't originally intended to be FP5:

Every other character in the Fighter's Pass that had a video presentation with Mr. Sakurai had a single printed screen poster in the background, hung from two hooks mounted to the wall.
Byleth, on the other hand, had not one, but three posters, that appear to be standard photo-paper posters that Mr. Sakurai affixes to the wall with what appears to be magnets or oversize thumbtacks.
(Apologies for the darkness on this one, the video fades in from black just as he's putting up the last poster.)

I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert on how quickly either of these materials can be created with an arbitrary design, but I feel a standard poster can be created a little faster than a printed screen, which, to me, definitely plays into the idea that Byleth's release was expedited in order to swap out with one of the Vol. 2 challengers.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Pirahna Plant (D): Personally his inclusion felt like a slap in the face and even though he has some unique moves he just doesn't do it for me.
Ah, right. I forgot about Plant being a DLC character technically. So I'll rate them, too: F! Adding a generic enemy when there are so many protagonists that could be added instead was really frustrating. Still is, to be honest.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Kind of skimmed over the last couple pages, so not 100% sure if this hasn't been mentioned already, but there's something I noticed in Byleth's presentation that may help the theory that Byleth wasn't originally intended to be FP5:

Every other character in the Fighter's Pass that had a video presentation with Mr. Sakurai had a single printed screen poster in the background, hung from two hooks mounted to the wall.
Byleth, on the other hand, had not one, but three posters, that appear to be standard photo-paper posters that Mr. Sakurai affixes to the wall with what appears to be magnets or oversize thumbtacks.
(Apologies for the darkness on this one, the video fades in from black just as he's putting up the last poster.)

I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert on how quickly either of these materials can be created with an arbitrary design, but I feel a standard poster can be created a little faster than a printed screen, which, to me, definitely plays into the idea that Byleth's release was expedited in order to swap out with one of the Vol. 2 challengers.
ThatsBullButIBelieveIt.png

A funny idea, but I don't think this really means anything. It could've just been that having them fitted and hung up like the others would've run the risk of Byleth potentially leaking. Sakurai was really careful.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am actually a little bit surprised there's still some plant salt. I kinda view it as "holy **** i can play as a plant" plus it's just sakurai having a little fun. if geno gets in, then thats all i really care about. Banjo, K Rool, Ridley and Geno being in the same game. Not to mention sakurai got really innovative with him.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I am actually a little bit surprised there's still some plant salt. I kinda view it as "holy **** i can play as a plant" plus it's just sakurai having a little fun. if geno gets in, then thats all i really care about. Banjo, K Rool, Ridley and Geno being in the same game. Not to mention sakurai got really innovative with him.
But I mean, you could play as a plant before then too. They added corn as DLC last game, remember?

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I tend to hold grudges for a very long time. My anger at Incineroar has mostly subsided, but Plant's inclusion is unforgivable.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Almost no one outside this thread cares enough to devote any significant amount of time to it is kind of the issue. Cacomallow came and went as far as the overwhelming majority of the community is concerned, and like I've said before, it's almost certainly fake at this point.
Why are you saying it’s “almost certainly fake” though? Literally no one has been able to prove it and replicate what was shown in the video. And that’s not entirely true that no one cared enough because there definitely were numerous people making attempts to recreate what was shown. And even though people got close it was never a complete thing to where it was definitive.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
My DLC report card

Pirahna Plant (N/A): I still don't think he was supposed to be dlc, and we meant for base as out WTF pick. I love these little Sakurai picks. Yeah, yeah yeah, "Generic enemy gaiz! Das bad!" and what made a freaking Yoga instructor, a literal peripheral, or a character without so much as a canon for/identity not? Oh right, people hated them then too, despite adding a bit of life to the game. I'm not even grading plant due to being something entirely diffent from the others all around. Plant flat out shouldn't be here.

Joker (B-): I didn't know much about persona besides the amazing soundtrack (more than enough to win me over) and the memes. Without personal (alright I'll stop) attachment to the series, he's from a solidly popular game in a solidly popular series. His moveset feels mostly rehashed with a gimmick stapled on, which does get a little tiresome however, not to mention a worse one seen below.

Hero (C+): DQ was inevitable, even if we couldn't realize it at first. The series is THE de facto RPG juggernaut in Japan. I also like that they gave four differnt games some love. I also don't mind the randomness of his spells; that said, I absolutely, completely and utterly hate, (*checks thesaurus*) abhor, detest, loathe, and despise critical hits as a mechanic in smash. That needs to be patched out as of yesterday.

Banjo (A): It's amazing to see what feels like an old friend after years. The moveset is both faithful to the older games and has a good state of flow giving B&K an Identity as a fighter without trying to push the boundaries of the world; take notes *cue damn near everyone added since Smash 4*.

Terry (B): Terry, like Joker was someone I barely knew before ultimate, while it does feel like moveset-wise he's just copying the Shota boys I personally feel like terry does it better. Maybe it's just my pea brain trying to do advanced inputs.

Byleth (C+): |||OPINOINS THAT DISAGREE WITH THE HERD AHEAD TAKE WARNING|||
OH NO! That big, mean Sakurai is -verbing- his -noun- over fire emblem for the 3409587304985730459873094857th time! The pass is absolute garbage and I'm going to burn my switch and all of my smash games and my amiibo and all of- (/s) Okay am I blowing it out of proportion? Yes. Is yet another fire Emblem character a bad idea to end the pass on? Also yes in my (and seemingly most people's) opinion. Is Byleth a bad character? Honestly, I don't think so. Now put down your pitchforks, I'm gonna explain myself! Byleth, is extending beyond the Marth Squad that makes everyone hate this franchise so damn much. Heck Byleth is one of two FE fighters (aside from Robin) to use weapons outside of the stock sword and Corrin's... powers... that he uses for all of like two cutscenes. I do agree that the FE reppage is on the high side, and I agree that lucina and chrom are both absolutely excessive and should have just been alts a la Koopaling/Alph. I also agree that corrin was excessive too and that both may easily be the least liked additions to the game. I cannot in good faith just destroy Byleth's grade of the fanbase's hateb***r over these games and the three minor variations over one fighter. I do however think that Byleth would have been received better with another reveal in a separate direct. To end, no, I'm not trying to though police or say "no one is allowed to dislike things" but in turn, I am saying (and should be allowed to say) I am already sick of the tantrum this base is having. Let me enjoy my billionth blue-haired swordfighter while everyone else acts like we paid five dollars for a freaking Marth echo.

That was far angrier than I meant it to be, but thanks for coming to my TED Talk, I will not be answering questions.

Group grade (B-): All in all the pass is definitely worth the extra content If you already like SSBU. That said I'm sure everyone here would have bought it on their own or chose not to without my commentary/ranting.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
What are you talking about? The fact that no one managed to do a perfect 1:1 replica of these models just made people to kinda forget about it because no one wanted to spend months figuring out how to compress the jiggly physics without crashing the game.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The moveset looks really cool but all I think when I see it is "this could have literally just been Monster Hunter".
No, no it could NOT have just been Monster Hunter. MH doesn't have a simple axe or spear that works like that and would have worked completely differently. Also, people need to get over the idea of a Hunter in Smash. They got the Terry of MH in the game already, and that is Rathalos. They got the poster boy only and the costumes aren't even back yet so I highly doubt a Hunter's chances as they would have been negotiated for the base game.

Oh and StarLight42 StarLight42 I'm going to let you know something: I'm putting you on ignore. Now before I get banned for flaming or whatever, let me explain why I'm letting them know this.

It's because you are doing exactly what wynn728 wynn728 does: acting all doom and gloom and making horrible arguments that make no sense and when you get proven wrong you ignore it like it never happened or you move the goalpost. When I was calling out people for overreacting to Smash news, you were one of the ones I had in mind, and this just proves I was right to think so. This is why I will fight anyone who tries to crap on PapaGenos or anyone who lets out their emotions once and a good while but are mostly calm and collected because people like you exist who, when they see the first thing that could be seen as bad they immediately assume the worst and start ******** and moaning and they won't accepting anything less than 'Yeah, you're right, this blows.'

Wynn was offering nothing noteworthy or worth investing in and now you are doing the same. Your faith in Geno is so weak that your opinion on whether or not he's getting in changes so often you would think it was the Flavor of the Day at an ice cream parlor. You are making weak arguments and refuse to acknowledge when proven wrong because you just want to be justified in your own self-pity. You wear your emotions on your sleeve every time you post and you flip flop more than any politician I've seen. You let Smash announcements and speculation have such power over your life and it's ridiculous. I don't wish to see any of that garbage and thus I will make it so I do not. I will look forward to when you get yourself back together again.

This also goes for anyone else who falls under a similar category.

Byleth is in Smash. It happened, you cannot change it, stop being so emotional over it. It's one thing to express your like or dislike and another to let your love or hate take over. It's a character in a video game and no matter where you are in life there are way more important things in life than a character you didn't want getting into Smash and the character you do want still not being in. Invest more into others things, grow up and move on. Don't let stupid **** like this rule your life or you will go crazy over something so minuscule.

Let us move past this and look ahead at the fact that we have six more characters coming and that we could oddly get a new reveal soon despite what Sakurai tweeted about.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People have been asking me about Paper Mario and I will say, no, I didn't hear about that specifically. Like I've said before, I can definitely back up Markomaro's statement on canned 3DS games being brought to Switch because this has been public knowledge for awhile. I don't know when the original story broke but I do know the NoA ambassador talked with us vaguely about this in I believe September. He did mention, however, that realistically not all the projects would be brought over so some of the rumored ones may wind up just simply not happening.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
- Paper Mario is rumored to be returning this year, either as a remake or a brand new sequel that returns to its roots, like PM64 and TTYD.
- Nintendo recently filed for a new trademark for the “Mario and Luigi” series of games.
- Geno mii costume still MIA, yet to return in Smash Ultimate.

Y’know, it’s very interesting how each game in the Mario RPG trifecta all have something strange going on currently. If the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi games were to both get brand new entries unveiled in a Nintendo direct, then that would be an excellent time to unveil a certain character for Smash who is commonly seen as the poster boy for Mario RPGs...

That’s right, it’s Fawful! :4pacman: (In all seriousness, it’s Geno)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- Paper Mario is rumored to be returning this year, either as a remake or a brand new sequel that returns to its roots, like PM64 and TTYD.
- Nintendo recently filed for a new trademark for the “Mario and Luigi” series of games.
- Geno mii costume still MIA, yet to return in Smash Ultimate.

Y’know, it’s very interesting how each game in the Mario RPG trifecta all have something strange going on currently. If the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi games were to both get brand new entries unveiled in a Nintendo direct, then that would be an excellent time to unveil a certain character for Smash who is commonly seen as the poster boy for Mario RPGs...

That’s right, it’s Fawful! :4pacman: (In all seriousness, it’s Geno)
This is equally as hopeful as it is worrisome. Here's hoping Square really is the company we treat it like, just this once.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People have been asking me about Paper Mario and I will say, no, I didn't hear about that specifically. Like I've said before, I can definitely back up Markomaro's statement on canned 3DS games being brought to Switch because this has been public knowledge for awhile. I don't know when the original story broke but I do know the NoA ambassador talked with us vaguely about this in I believe September. He did mention, however, that realistically not all the projects would be brought over so some of the rumored ones may wind up just simply not happening.
Still at it, I see.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still at it, I see.
Existing on the internet? Yeah, after three "cancel" attempts, tons of death threats, and a doxx attempt, I'm still here. Definitely begs the question that if I really was a pathological liar and fraud only doing this for the sake of E-cred and fame, why would I 1. put up with all this and 2. keep coming back. It's as if, I dunno, maybe if all the rumors I hear don't come to fruition or are 100% accurate, I'm not lying about what I hear. Given the NoA ambassador is a friend of yours and they even said you knew their identity since the get go of me hearing insider stuff and yet we're still having these encounters a year later, I don't know what to say anymore.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I really hope operation starfalls geno book reached nintendo in time to convince them. It might be our only hope.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I really hope operation starfalls geno book reached nintendo in time to convince them. It might be our only hope.
considering Sakurai said he sees everyones requests on twitter and that he already made the lineup, I dont think it matters what reaches them because Sakurai already made his mind on characters

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Fatman, why are you still here?"

-I want to see this through to the end. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's perseverance. Technically took 4 years to woo my college crush to become my girlfriend and then 6 years to become my wife. Took 5 years to complete grad school with no loans and no debt, typically working up to 70 hours a week across up to three jobs, and not being medicated for severe depression and ADHD. Took me 6 years to fulfill my promise to my now wife to save up and take her to England and as our Honeymoon to boot. Sticking with Geno is hardly a challenge in comparison.

-I care about this fanbase. I talk to my fellow Geno fans all the time and it's not just all shop talk. I care about their well being, especially outside of video game stuff. People repeatedly call me a "leader" and I go about things like I think a leader should. If I'm "Capt'n" of the SS Geno then, **** on toast, I'm going to make sure "my crew" is okay. I use the term "comrade" unironically because I fully believe we're all in this together. These guys matter to me and, the last two times I took breaks in December 2018 and September 2019, people got really depressed and discouraged and I'm not going to let that happen again. They want my support? They've got it, no questions asked, even the Geno fans who regularly **** on me.

-Many people "blame" me for Geno in Smash even being a thing and I'm taking full responsibility for it. Been at this since 2005 and there's plenty of evidence to back that up. If Geno's popularity is "my fault" then I'm going to own up to it. I'm not trolling and I'm not memeing when I say I want Geno in Smash. The concept of sticking a character's popularity to a single person is ridiculous but, so be it. If this is a "problem" I supposedly "created" then I'm going to stick with it until a resolution is reached.

All this said, no, I'm not going to let people chase me off the internet, no matter how bad the harassment gets. Some people will see this as a personal challenge and that's their problem. I'm here to stay and keeping with this until Geno comes back. I'm 100% serious on this and will say "I fight for my friends" and have no intention of abandoning them. This goes beyond something as trite as a simple character addition and is more about keeping a promise to these guys and a full on test of my character. If I can't keep a promise over something as stupid and simple as a single video game character, I ain't worth **** as a man and I want you all to know that.

D

Deleted member

I've moved on from the situation what we got is what we got! The Fighter's Pass was absolutely worth the purchase.I think season 2 will be too.

If I had to grade

Joker A+: He was a great surprise and his moveset and the way he functions are awesome great character from a great game with great representation! Also Morgana is awesome!

Hero C: I'm happy they got in fun character from a series that defined RPG's.

Banjo & Kazooie A+: DLC done right a character long requested making their way back to Nintendo. I don't think any Banjo-Kazooie plans are in the works! But they made this fighters pass worth it!

Terry B+: Great character amazing addition really like these fighting game mascots glad he's in!

Byleth D: Yawn don't even get me started yawn don't care. Glad he's in but horrible last pick what were you thinking Sakurai?

Those are my thoughts so yeah here's to the future regardless of what it brings.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Looks like Smash's average general opinion will end up being that Banjo was the high point of the pass and Byleth the low point.

In fact, looking at the pass, it's a downright miracle that Banjo made it at all.

Hopefully pass 2 goes the K Rool route: fan demand driven. And if its Geno, please let him be characters 1, 2, or 3. Let's just have him added sooner so everyone, fans and detractors, can just move on. So what if it repeats Ridley where there's a massive demand, crazy reactions to be added and then people forget that he's just there , but it wouldn't alter the fact that he's in.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Goddamn it this is why our characters are taking so long!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fun fact,

When I was first getting into Smash speculation, YouTube Poop was all I watched and there was a time where I unironically had Morshu and King Harkinian in my top 5 most wanted characters for Brawl.

Geno was still number one obviously but for some reason, I thought those were legit canon Zelda characters. (Or at least I wanted them to be)
Back in the late 2000s, all I watched 90% of the time on Youtube was Youtube Poops, Super Mario Bros. Z, Bowser's Kingdom, Smash Kingdom, Smashtasm, Melee's End, and SlimKirby Let's Plays. Man, I sure do miss those wonderful simpler times.

Oh and Ocarina of Time Abridged.

I just realized that person who kept coming into the thread and getting mad because there wasn't a female character in the FP yet finally got their wish lmao
But @Madame Lesley didn't come in here that often though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Goddamn it this is why our characters are taking so long!
Although I want Spyro more Crash deserves it man I would be really happy if he got in hope it happens!

Last edited by a moderator:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Did you actually just write an essay and leak your personal information over a 4 word reply to your post about video game speculation.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why are you saying it’s “almost certainly fake” though? Literally no one has been able to prove it and replicate what was shown in the video. And that’s not entirely true that no one cared enough because there definitely were numerous people making attempts to recreate what was shown. And even though people got close it was never a complete thing to where it was definitive.
What are you talking about? The fact that no one managed to do a perfect 1:1 replica of these models just made people to kinda forget about it because no one wanted to spend months figuring out how to compress the jiggly physics without crashing the game.
Modders have successfuly replicated the jiggle physics on a version of the Mallow costume without crashing the game. There was a great deal of misinformation around what was and what wasn't possible at the time, and we've seen enough evidence to cast more than a reasonable amount of doubt to the validity of Cacomallow. At best, we're getting a character in April (and that's a long shot), which puts Cacomallow at 6 months old and one character removed since they didn't come with Byleth and it's more likely we're waiting until like June/July for that first Volume 2 character from Sakurai's request for us to wait patiently and the overall release calendar taking so much time compared to Volume 1. The further removed we get from the original "leak," the much less likely it is to be real because there's no real reason for them to have produced and tested these costumes so long ago.

That's also not how the burden of proof works. It was one whoever leaked it to prove that it was real, not on the people observing it to prove it fake. Cacomallow had to do literally anything to prove it was real and it hasn't. The costumes are nowhere in sight, nor does it make sense for Mii costumes to be made so apparently incredibly in advance of whatever character they're coming with and in testing for this to leak at all. Not to mention, ever willing to issue take downs Nintendo has literally not touched anything related to this effect even though we saw them insanely trigger happy with Pokemon Sw/Sh leaks at the same time. There's literally nothing to corroborate these few seconds of video as anything outside of wishful thinking that it might point to a preferred outcome (and it didn't even really do that since Mallow and Cacodemon costumes don't actually have to imply anything about playable characters).

The rest of the Smash community has long since moved on and overwhelmingly buried this fake upon Byleth's announcement.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
User warned for flaming
Fatman, with all due respect...

You're absolutely ****ing insane. Speculation is getting to you way too much. You need to step back from the computer and get some ****ing help.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Dude, just....stop for a sec.

Are you seriously leaking out your personal information for the masses for the sake of credibility of having inside information of a video game?

It is absolutely not worth risking your IRL life or bridges over such a thing.

You really need to step AFK if the thought of revealing your own personal IRL information for the sake of credibility over being an insider of a video game crosses your mind. You're inviting more than just those people you listed who now knows who you are.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A certain post containing personal information was removed. Smashboards doesn’t tolerate spreading personal information unless for particular circumstances (noted member of the Smash community such competitive players, tournament organizers, etc). This also holds true for someone spreading their own personal info. It’s a recipe for disaster and only makes things worse. Trying to bring up this conversation with “Wait!? What did they say?!” and then responding to it will result in warnings so please keep this in mind. Let’s just move past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom