• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I don¨t know. Smash community seems to hate Fire Emblem with a b#¤%"y passion, so I doubt it. Honestly, the best thing that they could have done would have been another Banjo situation. Add Byleth, but then you also have Geno for example. I mean, just look at Chrom. They announced him together with Dark Samus, K.Rool and the Bellmonts.

It¨s so ironic that 2 out of 3 (Robin got some good response as far as I remember due to him bringing something new to the table) unique Fire Emblem characters compared to the rest of the crew are revealed in arguably the close to the worst timing and way possible.
Yea, timing and presentation is key. The fact that both Corrin and Byleth, already after people were starting to weary of FE in Smash, were both announced as DLc, near the end of it and surrounded by third party characters while others series are hoping/praying for a third or even just a second rep is not going to still well with the fanbase.

Time and place. Byleth coming in the middle of FP2 would have eased his addition. But revealing him now did him no favors, maybe even hurt him. Telling your parents you failed a test, but doing it during dinner or during a flat tire in a snowstorm, will generally generate two far different reactions. It's all about timing.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, that Gamesplot SKU number thing was last week, right? I don't suppose anyone has kept track of the typical distance between those and Directs? Given the amount of news Nintendo has recently dropped both in and outside of presentations, I feel like Nintendo can't hold its metaphorical bladder for too much longer. Looking at Nintendo Direct history, the latest they've ever done one was the 23rd (coincidentally yet another Thursday this month) which suggests this coming week is last call for January. Beyond that, Directs generally happen on the second week of the month so, if this coming week falls through, we're likely looking at the week of February 10th since February starts on a weekend this year.
Thanks for replying to my last post, if indirectly. But still, if it is in January still, would it be too early to reveal fighter 6?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Soooo, on the topic of Mii Costumes, didn't Fatman mention they'd be maybe one more indie one? Who would you want to fill that spot and your reasoning? This is not really a debate question but more personal one. I'm interested in who you guys would want to fill that spot.

For me, I'm betting it's the Knight from Hollow Knight. All three of our HD Indies (Sans, Shovel Knight, and Cuphead) have all had Nintendo's favoritism in the past. If you want me to elaborate, just let me know. ;)

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
Here are my guesses for a 2nd Fighter’s Pass:

-Geno

-Ryu Hayabusa

-Possibly Crash only because he’s such a big character

-Either Master Chief or Steve, I think Sakurai knows about the demand

-Possibly a Bethesda rep

- Possibly Rillaboom

D

Deleted member

Yet another revision because, **** it...

2020 releases: the Child Catcher, Geno, Lloyd

2021 releases: Dante, Crash, Master Chief

Solid lineup, honestly.
Is Purple Pie Man Child Catcher? But aside from that perfect A character I really want. One I have an attachment to, One I hope gets a gaming icon and literally the an addition that melt the internet. I’m done I’d be beyond happy if that happens probably wouldn’t even know where to begin. I hope and pray it happens!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Well, this was quite the unexpected reveal. However, I'm not upset. Byleth's playstyle differs quite a lot from the rest of the Fire Emblem reps, and all in all, we've gotten a lot of great characters both within the base game, and the first Fighters Pass. Now, fast-forwarding to the Mii Costumes, it got me thinking about two things:

1. Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes; the fact that they were casually revealed, two Ubisoft character Mii costumes, give me a strong feeling that we might actually be getting Rayman within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
2. Cuphead's premium Mii Costume also leads me to think that this might be the route Nintendo's chosen to represent indie game characters. So far we got Sans along with the Megalovania music track, and now Cuphead with the flower boss battle theme. Could we perhaps see some other indie characters being represented this way?

As for the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, here's my prediction for who could be our lucky six winners (in no particular order):

- Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman (thank you Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes... and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle... and Starlink)
- Dante (the party will indeed... get crazy)
- Doom Slayer (heavy metal intensifies)
- Geno (still banking on CacoMallow leak being legit, +... Super Mario RPG HAS to be dropping on the SNES library soon)
- Mandatory 8th Gen Pokémon (I see it being either Rillaboom, to complement Greninja and Incineroar; or Urshifu to promote the Sword and Shield expansion passes)

Seeing as these are still referred to as Challenger Packs... it's still crazy. We'll be getting six more stages, + a considerable number of music tracks among all six packs. PLUS Mii Costumes. Sakurai and Co. truly are going all in with Ultimate. Dang... two more years of content. Crazy. :eek:

D

Deleted member

Volume 2 of a fighter’s pass is awesome I’m going to be happy whoever we get. Geno please be among them!

But Sabi and Vergeben still doing rumours and such sigh. Wish they’d just both say their going to stop doing Smash leaks tomorrow!

I don’t have a problem with ether. But definitely they are growing tiresome.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I really hope they DONT push a pokemon on us. I hope they realized Incineroar was enough and we dont need compulsory mons for each and every game. Please don't prove me wrong Nintendo.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Soooo, on the topic of Mii Costumes, didn't Fatman mention they'd be maybe one more indie one? Who would you want to fill that spot and your reasoning? This is not really a debate question but more personal one. I'm interested in who you guys would want to fill that spot.

For me, I'm betting it's the Knight from Hollow Knight. All three of our HD Indies (Sans, Shovel Knight, and Cuphead) have all had Nintendo's favoritism in the past. If you want me to elaborate, just let me know. ;)
Give me Hat Kid please! The Switch port of A Hat in Time did come out back in... October? And that (along with Cuphead) is one of my top indie games from the whole decade.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Finally got to see the Smash Presentation a few minutes ago. I am not salty now. This FE at least uses bow, spears, halberds, etc. Seems like a unique move set. The Mii Costumes were great. We also got 6 more characters coming.

D

Deleted member

Please let one be Madeline. I need my girl to get this treatment.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I really hope they DONT push a pokemon on us. I hope they realized Incineroar was enough and we dont need compulsory mons for each and every game. Please don't prove me wrong Nintendo.
You just got a literal shillpick promoting fire emblem DLC :laugh:

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
I know Geno is in Smash.

And i know that:
the only thing i know is that i know nothing.

D

Deleted member

Well, this was quite the unexpected reveal. However, I'm not upset. Byleth's playstyle differs quite a lot from the rest of the Fire Emblem reps, and all in all, we've gotten a lot of great characters both within the base game, and the first Fighters Pass. Now, fast-forwarding to the Mii Costumes, it got me thinking about two things:

1. Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes; the fact that they were casually revealed, two Ubisoft character Mii costumes, give me a strong feeling that we might actually be getting Rayman within the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
2. Cuphead's premium Mii Costume also leads me to think that this might be the route Nintendo's chosen to represent indie game characters. So far we got Sans along with the Megalovania music track, and now Cuphead with the flower boss battle theme. Could we perhaps see some other indie characters being represented this way?

As for the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, here's my prediction for who could be our lucky six winners (in no particular order):

- Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman (thank you Altair and Rabbids Mii Costumes... and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle... and Starlink)
- Geno (still banking on CacoMallow leak being legit, +... Super Mario RPG HAS to be dropping on the SNES library soon)
- Mandatory 8th Gen Pokémon (I see it being either Rillaboom, to complement Greninja and Incineroar; or Urshifu to promote the Sword and Shield expansion passes)

Seeing as these are still referred to as Challenger Packs... it's still crazy. We'll be getting six more stages, + a considerable number of music tracks among all six packs. PLUS Mii Costumes. Sakurai and Co. truly are going all in with Ultimate. Dang... two more years of content. Crazy. :eek:
THIS is the best timeline.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I dunno man, Rillaboom looks like he was BORN to be a Smash character, and I can see him hanging out with the DK crew (Dread Kong color scheme alt pls)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I dunno man, Rillaboom looks like he was BORN to be a Smash character, and I can see him hanging out with the DK crew (Dread Kong color scheme alt pls)
I am really kinda tired of them trying to push what they think will be the new, popular pokemon. They should be adding pokemon with more established, long lasting fanbases like Meowth, Sceptile, etc.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So what exciting Mii Costumes will we be getting with FP6? Of course the costumes have been more popular lately than the characters. In fact, I would consider the Mii Costume line-up for this entire FP collection to be more interesting than the actual characters.

D

Deleted member

The best thing about these presentations are the awesome crossovers between the characters. Hero and Banjo, Terry and Sans and now Byleth and Cuphead. Prediction, Geno and Hollow Knight Mii costume.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I am really kinda tired of them trying to push what they think will be the new, popular pokemon. They should be adding pokemon with more established, long lasting fanbases like Meowth, Sceptile, etc.
Gen 3 and Gen 5 could definitely use some representation (Sceptile and Zoroark would be my picks) but realistically I’d expect them to pick a newer one first. But I could be wrong.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

- Crash Bandicoot

Thank you for mentioning the upgraded Mii Costume bit! Thus far we have been given Indies as the upgraded costumes. Now of course this could all drastically change and backfire like we thought the pass was nothing but 3rd party, but hey, it's something!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, for whatever reason, looks like the indie characters aren't getting any slack, are they? Such a shame, too.

D

Deleted member

Here’s PapaGenos reaction. Spoiler, he’s mad. Like REALLY mad. I don’t like seeing Papa this angry.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wish I could be comforted with the fact that we're not going to go through such a torturous drought of information like we did this time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Volume 2 of a fighter’s pass is awesome I’m going to be happy whoever we get. Geno please be among them!

But Sabi and Vergeben still doing rumours and such sigh. Wish they’d just both say their going to stop doing Smash leaks tomorrow!

I don’t have a problem with ether. But definitely they are growing tiresome.
Just ignore anything they say. If I am correct, Vergeben has gotten more wrong than right in the fighter pass. While Sabi has lost influence lately. I wouldn't trust either.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that if we do get a pokemon we dont get any more "anthro esq" designs. After (debatably)Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, and Inceroar, I'm tired of this look and hope for one of the other myriad of body types.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here’s PapaGenos reaction. Spoiler, he’s mad. Like REALLY mad. I don’t like seeing Papa this angry.
Yeah... I didn't like it. I didn't like watching any of it. I couldn't even do that. It just felt so off compared to how he usually is.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Serious question, why doesn't Sakurai and Nintendo announce all 6 characters in the next pass? Would it be healthier for the fanbase instead of all this speculation and conflict?

I.D.

Smash Lord
Serious question, why doesn't Sakurai and Nintendo announce all 6 characters in the next pass? Would it be healthier for the fanbase instead of all this speculation and conflict?
Because for Nintendo it's a convenient way to space out reveals. Don't have many new games to show off at the moment? Well, you can throw a smash reveal to compensate.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

As someone who wants Shantae playable too, I'm not super hopeful. Lots of factors including how indies have been treated so far. Could an indie be one of the six? I suppose but the six names I'm currently proposing are all huge deals in the Smash fanbase and I don't know if anyone really stacks up to them in the Indie world, especially with the likes of Shovel Knight, Cuphead, and Undertale already torpedoed.
There's no other way I can say that, but you're still good in my books. I'm just an old boomer who wants to know fighters when the presentation begins/ends, since I do love the sense of suspense and adventure. I'll give you a hug, though, from brother to brother:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I had a horrifying thought. Two years is plenty of time for another Fire Emblem game to release, and be included in smash DLC...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I had a horrifying thought. Two years is plenty of time for another Fire Emblem game to release, and be included in smash DLC...
Hahaha... don't worry, we will be getting at least one Pokemon in this new pass. Bank on it. Still, I would take Byleth or Pokemon rep over the garbage Emo trash that was Joker any day of the week.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
We need a rallying cry here, lowkey. We went through such a hard speculation period and got almost the least satisfying conclusion us, potentially leaving us months more without an announcement. I'm tired lmao

I.D.

Smash Lord
It's not a horrifying thought, it's the most likely outcome. A remake of FE4 has been rumored to be in the works for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom