• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
All that presentation did was embolden my beliefs about Spirits and leakers.

>Three Houses was the only major game within the past year not to get a Spirit event. That obviously wasn’t a coincidence.
>Vergeben and Sabi were proven completely on the money with their deconfirmations, bonus points to Sabi calling the character being from Vergebens first major kill list.

I was confident enough to bet my account before today, and now my beliefs in those things have been strengthened even more.
Y’know, at least Wynn’s pessimism and remarks were charming, your’s are just downright miserable.

D

Deleted member

Here is my hypothetical Geno pass

Fighter: Geno
Stage: Forest Maze
Tracks:
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Remix)
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Original)
Fight against an Armed boss (Remix)
Goodbye Geno (Remix)
Fight against a somehow Stronger Monster
Fight against Smithy/Smithy Transforming (Remix)
Fight against Monsters (Remix)
Weapons factory (Original)

Mii Costumes: Mallow Hat, Smithy (?), Chocobo, 2 random costumes

Spirit Board: Mallow, Smithy, Axem Rangers, Boshi, Booster, Frogficious, Bowyer, Belome, Valentina, Yaridovich, Croco, and Puchinello.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Check this out

Basicly quick translation is this
FP1 was supposed be Hero / Terry / Banjo / Hayabusa / Joker.
After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
FP2 was decided before E3, but the lineup was finalized in the summer after E3.
FP3 is already has been decided and they are still under negotiations.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Basicly the claim here is byleth and Ryu hayabusa switched places for reveals
It's an interesting claim and fits our timeline theory. I don't think anyone disagrees that Byleth is a very unusual character to end the pass on and it's super out of character with how the rest of the pass was. Maybe Byleth was a swap but we'll have to see if in the coming months if more evidence comes out for it. Because why not, Dragonborn could potentially fit this too.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Here is my hypothetical Geno pass

Fighter: Geno
Stage: Forest Maze
Tracks:
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Original
Goodbye Geno (Remix)

Mii Costumes: Mallow Hat, Smithy (?), Chocobo, 2 unrelated costumes

Spirit Board: Mallow, Smithy, Axem Rangers, Boshi, Booster, Frogficious, Bowyer, Belome, Valentina, Yaridovich, Croco, and Puchinello.
Geno comes with two FNAF costumes, Freddy and Foxy

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, the salt from the presentation is intense! Man, some people can't get over things like this even though this is just a video game. I wonder if people will ever calm down? This chaos here is nuts!

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's an interesting claim and fits our timeline theory. I don't think anyone disagrees that Byleth is a very unusual character to end the pass on and it's super out of character with how the rest of the pass was. Maybe Byleth was a swap but we'll have to see if in the coming months if more evidence comes out for it. Because why not, Dragonborn could potentially fit this too.
you are so set on that Dragonborn :p As long as we get a cat girl alt I'm fine with it :p

But seriously, I am thinking this is how it was. I mean, it fits that leak that happened back in September about Ryu being fighter 4. Perhaps that guys source was hearing the original plan?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Lots of putting words in Sakurai mouth going around here

Also, the fact that Vergeben leaked the Mii costume, littearly a few minutes before the actual reveal, I'm not sure why that matters

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Its hard to say what this does for Geno’s chances.

There’s 6 spots left, and I’m pretty sure 2 of them are going to

A. Another female character/ or character with Female Alt
B. A Pokemon

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Did they specify whether or not more stages are coming with the Fighters Pass 2 characters? It's hard to imagine that screen fitting 6 more stages in naturally.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Sooooooo... hmmmmm... what to say... this was... interesting. 1 minute before the presentration began my heart was beating REALLY fast and then when the trailer started and i recognized the cutscene animation style and knew it was fe my excitement did drop, like a lot. I was just sort of... neutral, it was great to see sakurai geek out again, and byleth looks like a very unique character, that bow and up b grappling hook spike thing looks crazy, but damn am i still salty, im not a xenoblade fan but rex just got absolutely destroyed so... rip xenoblade fans. What I found VERY interesting is that the other two megaman costumes came back and still not a single sign of the geno costume anywhere. If i had to predict genos placement as a fp2 fighter i think he would either be fp6, fp7 or fp11, because what if they did remove the geno and chocobo costumes from hero and upgraded geno as a fighter in fp11 and gave him the chocobo mii hat. Or then cacomallow is real and geno is fp6 or 7 alongside doomguy.

Anyways as disappointing of a final character byleth is, the moveset looks really cool and Genos chances are looking very strong.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Tracks:
Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Original
Goodbye Geno (Remix)
I know it isn't a charming thought, but I think Geno's just gonna come with the two tracks that got taken down, it's consistent with Square and it just makes more sense

T2by4

Smash Lord
Anyone else kinda nervous at how good the mii costumes look when they give them the special spotlight. I can easily see them throwing Geno in there...

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Now that the first fighter pass is done, it's time for serious business, it's time for :

G

E

N

O

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey guys I'm back and more calm now. I visited the Byleth thread to congratulate them. I'm still salty, but this is the timeline we are in. I bought the fighters pass knowing something like this might happen. Byleth still looks cool and the stage does look gorgeous. I do buy the speculation that Nintendo swapped Ryu and Byleth. It does make a lot of sense. iamshifty never backed down and it was very awkward that we got a 1st party character in a 3rd party pass. I would like to also apologize to Verge (this is the second time I doubted him and just like with the grinch leak I took the L) and Sabi who were spot on with their deconfirmations.

I'm looking forward to trying out Byleth. I know I will embrace him eventually. And I'm hyped for the Mii costumes. What a great wave.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can this game really handle a 3rd Season Pass with several more characters in it? I thought the empty WoL slot limit is currently 10 now that Byleth is in. Is it possible for them to reprogram the game's code to add more space?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Anyone else kinda nervous at how good the mii costumes look when they give them the special spotlight. I can easily see them throwing Geno in there...
It seems like that treatment is only for indies (or at least games that started out as such) so I wouldn't be too worried

Grumbo

Smash Ace
What I’m intrigued by the most here is the Ubisoft miis. This could spell doom for Rayman, or be hinting at his later inclusion. Also I’m pretty concerned this could end up happening to Doomguy and the Cacodemon

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Not really, none of the returning DLC mii costumes had any updates. So far, it's been Indie characters getting the upgraded treatment. I think this means more than likely no Indie characters for characters, but they can get the "upgraded" mii costume treatment.

It's still a nod to Indie companies. Granted people don't like it, but it is at least something.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lots of putting words in Sakurai mouth going around here

Also, the fact that Vergeben leaked the Mii costume, littearly a few minutes before the actual reveal, I'm not sure why that matters
Basically dragged the Smash fanbase around by the nose for two months to not only not make a real prediction on 5 but then reveal the costumes halfway through the presentation. People are mad at me for being wrong about 5 but this is okay? I've gotten death threats over this **** because the landscape is so toxic. Seriously, what the hell are these guys thinking?

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Y’know, at least Wynn’s pessimism and remarks were charming, your’s are just downright miserable.
I highly doubt it was just a coincidence there was no spirit event for Three Houses, and that Piranha Plant didn’t have a Spirit before his release.

And Vergeben and Sabi were proven 100% right.

Sorry for telling you what you don’t want to hear, but I’m sticking to these beliefs to the very end of the next FP.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Real crime is the lack of God Shattering Star and Area 17, like at least add the 2 best songs from 3 houses!

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt it was just a coincidence there was no spirit event for Three Houses, and that Piranha Plant didn’t have a Spirit before his release.

Sorry for telling you what you don’t want to hear, but I’m sticking to these beliefs to the very end of the next FP.
That’s awesome dude!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This whole "swapping Ryu with Byleth thing" doesn't sound right to me, mostly because Sakurai straight up said he played an early version of the game to get a better idea of the character would be, meaning that Byleth was planned to be in the game by atleast around June and likely way earlier. If Byleth had been planned to come later why would he need to have played an early version of the game to know about them?

Heoj

Smash Ace
I just had a thought. Clearly the "premium" miis (sans and cuphead) both being indie characters in my opinion confirms that the rest of these types of characters are also going to be indie(madeleine? Freddy?), therefore i can confidently say it eliminates the idea of us getting an upgraded geno costume, basically leaving genos fate down to three possibilities. Either a)Geno is a fighter in FP2, b)Smash 4 geno mii costume returns, or c)No mii costume and no fighter.
And i think option a is definitely feels like the most likely.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
This whole "swapping Ryu with Byleth thing" doesn't sound right to me, mostly because Sakurai straight up said he played an early version of the game to get a better idea of the character would be, meaning that Byleth was planned to be in the game by atleast around June and likely way earlier. If Byleth had been planned to come later why would he need to have played an early version of the game to know about them?
Also remember that all the DLC fighters were decided before the release of the game

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Can this game really handle a 3rd Season Pass with several more characters in it? I thought the empty WoL slot limit is currently 10 now that Byleth is in. Is it possible for them to reprogram the game's code to add more space?
After the 5th fighter there are 10 slots left, 6 now reserved for Fighter's Pass 2. If they do a third one, I predict it will be only 4 fighters.

Firox

Smash Master
It's even worse when you consider the fact that the Fighter Pass was decided ~9 months before 3 Houses came out and by the time it actually released, Joker was out, Hero was like a week away, and Banjo had already been announced
Meanwhile, XC2 was released a whole year before Smash Ultimate came out and they still couldn't do it. Didn't WANT to do it.
Fixed it for you.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not really, none of the returning DLC mii costumes had any updates. So far, it's been Indie characters getting the upgraded treatment. I think this means more than likely no Indie characters for characters, but they can get the "upgraded" mii costume treatment.

It's still a nod to Indie companies. Granted people don't like it, but it is at least something.
To be fair I think Sans and Cuphead were picked largely because they can be made into Mii Costumes and still appear largely representative of what they're based on. (aside from being popular indie characters I mean)

An indie character like Shantae for example wouldn't work a mii costume. (not in the same way Sans and Cuphead do at least)

zferolie

Smash Hero
To be fair I think Sans and Cuphead were picked largely because they can be made into Mii Costumes and still appear largely representative of what they're based on. (aside from being popular indie characters I mean)

An indie character like Shantae for example wouldn't work a mii costume. (not in the same way Sans and Cuphead do at least)
Agreed. I worry for Hallow Knight though, that could work as a Mii Swordfighter costume. Any Indies that could fit Mii Brawler coustumes well?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I have trouble believing at this point that at least something didn't happen to Geno's Mii costume. Like, I doubt they'd go through all the trouble of shuffling things around to another pass unless:
a) there was a licensing disagreement
b) they're upgrading the costume
c) there's a different Square character they wanna show him off with instead of Hero
d) he got upgraded to a fighter
I think b is incredibly unlikely (they never bothered to upgrade any other costumes and all the premium ones are Miis). There really is no proof for a (It's basically free money for Nintendo and Square, why would they suddenly object?), c doesn't feel like it'd be worth doing unless they really just wanted to push DQ11 that much, which I also doubt. That leaves d and I hope to God I'm right.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After the 5th fighter there are 10 slots left, 6 now reserved for Fighter's Pass 2. If they do a third one, I predict it will be only 4 fighters.
I can imagine adding all WoL slots will endanger the risk of the game crashing due to pushing it towards it's limits. So I think it might be safe to leave just one of the slots alone so that the game doesn't crash. But maybe they could reprogram the code I don't know.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

100% right in what sense? They never said what it was, just what it wasn't. That's not the same. Like I pointed out earlier, Verge said it wasn't 34 characters and about half a dozen companies. That's still a giant pool to draw from. That's like saying an animal behind a curtain isn't a mammal and then declaring victory when it turns out to be a parrot. Do you know what I mean?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'll still cheer for Shantae, since the boys over there are subscribing to the possibility that Spirits that were in the game at the beginning could get the upgrade, though not the additional spirits, like RE, Astral Chain, etc. And I do subscribe to that mindset. I think all you do as well, with regards to Geno. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, so no matter, I'll dig down to the center of the Earth to stay loyal to my choice. As long as we can hype responsibly and dream up possibilities of our characters making it, then no harm and no foul.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice before the presentation you predicted that there was going to be another big Mii costume like Sans. While Cuphead didn't explode the internet like Sans did, it was still a notable reveal. I'm guessing that was a hunch? Because you were pretty much spot on.

Firox

Smash Master
>Vergeben and Sabi were proven completely on the money with their deconfirmations, bonus points to Sabi calling the character being from Vergebens first major kill list.
"Proven completely on the money"? Oh please. Even if they threw out a slew of characters that WEREN'T going to make it, they never once said, "It's going to be first party" or even "It WON'T be third party". Heck, I said that we weren't going to get Tetrimino or Puyo Puyo. Guess that's means I was right on the money. Yeah, no, sitting on your thumbs with your mouth shut doesn't earn you any credit in my book. Vergeben even flip-flopped when people started throwing around KOS-MOS. If people can't summon the testicular fortitude to make a solid claim and stand behind it, they aren't worth giving any credence. If you wanna put stock in these charlatans, go for it, but let me tell you this:

Now that Sakurai has found an airtight method of withholding leaks (by locking down the distributor informants) I doubt these "credible" leakers will be growing a decent pair any time soon.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

> Sabi was proven right

Oh yes, even though he went along with Zippo and said it was a character who could be a thing even without Nintendo, but no, let’s continue listening to him trying to save his e-cred and further feed his already bloated ego.

And basegame spirits obviously don’t disconfirm for Pass 2. Three Houses was released later last year, so of course it wasn’t going to get spirits if they already decided on a TH character. If we don’t get Geno, it’s not because he already has a spirit.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not an indie, but Steve could work pretty well as a costume for swordfighter.
I can see Steve that way.

I'll still cheer for Shantae, since the boys over there are subscribing to the possibility that Spirits that were in the game at the beginning could get the upgrade, though not the additional spirits, like RE, Astral Chain, etc. And I do subscribe to that mindset. I think all you do as well, with regards to Geno. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, so no matter, I'll dig down to the center of the Earth to stay loyal to my choice. As long as we can hype responsibly and dream up possibilities of our characters making it, then no harm and no foul.
Indeed. Untill Shantae is outright deconfirmed, or becomes a Mii Costume, she still has a great chance, same as Geno

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Vergeben even flip-flopped when people started throwing around KOS-MOS
Yeah, I was just about to say how Verg kinda sat on his hands with the whole KOS MOS thing to basically see how things would pan out and if his source would magically tell him. It was pretty obvious for me, even at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom