• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So X and EXE are back and that just leaves us with Geno, Chocobo, Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil to return. Also: Fatman's contect nailed it on the head about more Indies receiving Mii costumes as Cuphead was announced as one today.

Edit: I think today's presentation also confirms from this that we are getting another Square-Enix and Namco-Bandai reps to help bring back the missing Smash 4 costumes which, are from both companies.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I need some help from the meme squad. I need sakurai as smithers telling byleth as mr. Burns that they're not saying "boo" they're shouting "boo-leth"

OffBi

Smash Ace
Ok, I know that I'm gonna look like a salty asshole right now and ya know what? I don't even give a ****. I want you to remember that this was supposed to be our final character. They literally had this planned as the final fighter they were gonna give us for the Ultimate Smash. Another ****ing Fire Emblem character. There's no way they didn't know by this point but they still did it anyway and that's ****ing ridiculous. I understand that Smash doesn't usually end on the best reveals, but holy **** I don't think you could've dropped the ball more than this. Have they not realized by this point that adding more FE characters will just make people hate the series? Like, if anything, this only solidified the fact that I'm never buying a Fire Emblem game. Not to mention, they literally did not include Rex due to his game coming out a whole-ass year before Smash Ultimate. By the time 3 Houses was released, 3/5 fighter packs had already been announced. I didn't personally care for Joker, Hero, and Terry but I still thought they were interesting picks. This one felt like it was meant to be as aggressively uninteresting as possible. I literally zoned out from the move presentation afterwards because it looked so underwhelming.

The only good thing I have to take away is Geno's Mii costume not returning (making it more likely he'll be upgraded) and Cuphead Mii costume was pretty neat. Other than that, this was just terrible.
I agree
It wasn't a very good day today

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Some of y'all are salty af even after knowing we have 6 more chances for Geno to show up. We all KNEW he wasn't going to be FP5. We established that. Why is everyone acting like this is the end times? There's still no Geno costume.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Some of y'all are salty af even after knowing we have 6 more chances for Geno to show up. We all KNEW he wasn't going to be FP5. We established that. Why is everyone acting like this is the end times? There's still no Geno costume.
It's not about the lack of Geno in the #5 Spot. It's about a New FE character that feels like a Shill pick, I honestly just think Sakurai loves the series and if he wants to put it in, then he can do it, no hard feelings.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry mis interpreted

They didn’t say anything about first party verge said it at one point but backtracked

Anyway everyone is back on the table

From the six the 4 most likely in my eyes is crash bandicoot, ryu hayabusa and doomguy and are boy geno (cacomallow is clearly still alive)

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So... I’m actually immensely happy about this because, unlike fire emblem fates, Fire Emblem Three Houses is good. Sorry, scratch that, Fire Emblem Three Houses is fantastic. Fire Emblem Three Houses the best fire emblem dont @ me

So I highly recommend all you uncultured peasants go play it. And hey, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was right all along, it WAS a medieval fantasy swordsman
And to all the would be leakers I say
BEE
TEE
EFF
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll... oh no
jojomemef.PNG

pleasure doing business

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Ya'll hate all you want, but Three Houses was a huge hit and it deserved a spot. Geno's still coming just be patient.
Don't tell me to be patient. I think it's very fair to be upset sakurai thought ending the pass on marketing was more important than the decades of geno support.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie I was a bit salty about another FE character, but they honestly look more fun and different compared to the other FE characters we've gotten so far. I'm excited to try them out when they release. Besides, we still got another Fighters Pass and hopefully more fighters coming after, still rooting for Geno and Waluigi!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
For those posters who usually come in here to scold and lecture us for not being grateful for DLC we don't like, you know that feeling of unsatisfactory disappointment you're feeling right now? Yeah that's how we've felt for 80% of the DLC

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's funny too is that Cuphead was one of two indie characters on the "lol, nope" list so I think my guy got that Mii costume list right and that they'll likely be attributed to 6. They were right about a Fire Emblem stage and spirits but assumed it was coming with 6, not 5. Wacky.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's not about the lack of Geno in the #5 Spot. It's about a New FE character that feels like a Shill pick, I honestly just think Sakurai loves the series and if he wants to put it in, then he can do it, no hard feelings.
As someone who's a big fan of Fire Emblem, Corrin had me mad in Smash 4 because he was a shill pick. Fates wasn't out yet in America and wasn't a great game. Three Houses is actually spectacular. If you haven't played it, you definitely should.

NerfOrNothiing

Smash Cadet
i'm *real* disappointed, but what can you do? it's fine, really. Not happy it's ANOTHER fire emblem, but Genos fine. chances are fine, mii costume nowhere in sight.

but cuphead? My stoic face practically LIT UP when i saw him. im still in shock. he deserves this so much :sadeyes:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
As someone who's a big fan of Fire Emblem, Corrin had me mad in Smash 4 because he was a shill pick. Fates wasn't out yet in America and wasn't a great game. Three Houses is actually spectacular. If you haven't played it, you definitely should.
Oh boy, I played it, I'm just mad there was no Bernie nor Mercedes in the background :(

zferolie

Smash Hero
So X and EXE are back and that just leaves us with Geno, Chocobo, Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil to return. Also: Fatman's contect nailed it on the head about more Indies receiving Mii costumes as Cuphead was announced as one today.

Edit: I think today's presentation also confirms from this that we are getting another Square-Enix and Namco-Bandai reps to help bring back the missing Smash 4 costumes which, are from both companies.
I can see more Indie fighters getting mii costumes, but I think it would be mii fighters that have unique masks. Hallow Knight I can see getting a Mii costume and music this way. Not sure about Reimu and Shantae though

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I agree
It wasn't a very good day today
Let me add that this was the only first party fighter in the pass. They had a chance to represent under represented serieses like Xenoblade (who got screwed over last time) and Zelda (which is ****ing ridiculous that it has to take a back seat as a fantasy franchise to Fire Emblem). Not to mention how much they kept it secret (which Sakurai literally even highlighted) it would've honestly made more sense for this to leak easily and for people to tamper their expectations but they decided that they wanted to be the ones getting the majority of the hate for some ungodly reason. And then they added a few non-sword moves and said that makes it alllll okay. Like using a band-aid to fix a decapitation.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Oh boy, I played it, I'm just mad there was no Bernie nor Mercedes in the background :(
I feel you, homie. Only Flayn was there out of my waifus from all four paths. No Bernie, no Annette, no Leonie. :(

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So, for the hell of it, I'll jumble things around. I think what's going to happen is that Geno's still going to be 7 and that Dragonborn is 8. RIP Crash for E3 and RIP Ryu. Let's do a revision:

6- Sinestro
7- Geno
8- Dragonborn
9- Lloyd
10- Dante
11- No clue. Crash? Chief? Way too early.
Aren't most of the things that support a dragonborn dead now? Like that relied mostly on costumes and such.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think 6 is coming soon. Sakurai basically confirmed our theories today that Blyth was ready to present in November but they held off for the sake of polish. Another thing one of my contacts got right: only 6 characters after 5. Woof. There's going to be a lot of broken hearts in the coming months.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Stop listen to Fatman guys. Without Fatmans theories you would not be that salty now. Just dont believe anyone on the internet.

If Corrin is playable in Smash, Byleth deserves it 1000x more. Three Houses is an amazing strategic RPG game!

Again dont be salty and toxic. I know this is the Geno thread, but stay optimistic. There is still no Geno Mii costume! You have still a chance! Dont forget this.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
So six more spots in the second Fighters Pass.
If we get a new long-term request like Banjo and a new fighting game rep like Terry, Geno and Heihachi have pretty good chances as the size of the DLC is now finally confirmed to be a full pass.
Also their costumes are still missing and the pile of returning ones is already pretty high.
One Namco and one Square character seem like the most likely scenario with the Monster Hunter costumes thrown in somewhere between.
Good luck everyone

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I was very scared when they showed the other two blue shooty boys Mii costumes. I thought maybe we were about to be done done. ...And then it was Cuphead. Geno is not dead and that was the best this presentation had to offer.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What's funny too is that Cuphead was one of two indie characters on the "lol, nope" list so I think my guy got that Mii costume list right and that they'll likely be attributed to 6. They were right about a Fire Emblem stage and spirits but assumed it was coming with 6, not 5. Wacky.
I'm very afraid to know who the second Indie character was on that "Lol nope" list. I hope it wasn't a certain purple haired half genie.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I appreciate that Sakurai said again that only buy this second pass if you are confident and trust him

And you know what, I'm sadly going to have to wait it out and probably buy the characters I want individually

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Because fighter pass 5 still could have been a character people wanted, freeing up a chance for geno. Now he has to fight with all the other requested characters who could have been fp5

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Aren't most of the things that support a dragonborn dead now? Like that relied mostly on costumes and such.
Nah, the costumes that were supposed to come with Dragonborn are still very much in play. Cacomallow is probably real and we're likely getting Bethesda man and Geno around E3. Would make a ton of sense. Lloyd is overwhelmingly likely also at some point here.

But hey, we just got ****ing Byleth today so who knows

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
Geno is in.

The lack of mii costume has restaured my faith.

See ya in February(hopefully).
PicsArt_01-14-07.54.34.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Stop listen to Fatman guys. Without Fatmans theories you would not be that salty now. Just dont believe anyone on the internet.

If Corrin is playable in Smash, Byleth deserves it 1000x more. Three Houses is an amazing strategic RPG game!

Again dont be salty and toxic. I know this is the Geno thread, but stay optimistic. There is still no Geno Mii costume! You have still a chance! Dont forget this.
What are you talking about? This thread overwhelmingly didn't want Dragonborn to be 5.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Let me add that this was the only first party fighter in the pass. They had a chance to represent under represented serieses like Xenoblade (who got screwed over last time) and Zelda (which is ****ing ridiculous that it has to take a back seat as a fantasy franchise to Fire Emblem). Not to mention how much they kept it secret (which Sakurai literally even highlighted) it would've honestly made more sense for this to leak easily and for people to tamper their expectations but they decided that they wanted to be the ones getting the majority of the hate for some ungodly reason. And then they added a few non-sword moves and said that makes it alllll okay. Like using a band-aid to fix a decapitation.
Us Elma fans have been dead inside for the last year. Also the reasoning for Rex and Springman being too “recent” really falls apart with Byleth.

Also, here’s a meme for these trying times:
Sakurai: There are 6 more fighters in development! If your character hasn’t gotten in yet don’t worry!
This thread and general Smash Bros fans:
9F983AFC-C610-4748-9B20-A352FC8AD908.jpeg

Btw, this is just a meme don’t take it seriously, I know why you all are upset. :)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just can't believe this. All the other fighters pass characters were 3rd party. And Sakurai said Rex's game was too late so he couldn't be included, but that was a clear f****** lie! Sakurai was well aware of the fanbase's feelings toward Fire Emblem and yet he went and did it anyway! What a god dam sh** storm!

Look. I got nothing against Fire Emblem. I'm happy for Byleth's fans.

I need to go offline and clear my mind. See you guys later.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Welp guys I'm off for the day now. I'll have to sleep and I don't have anything to add anyway. At least Geno's chances are unaffected as far as we know.

See ya.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Remember guys, as consumers who are paying for a product, you have NO right to be upset!!!

On the real I think Byleth is better than every DLC so far other than Banjo but after 14 years of this I'm numb to anyone who isn't Geno or Isaac so it's impossible for me to get too upset

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
So six more spots in the second Fighters Pass.
If we get a new long-term request like Banjo and a new fighting game rep like Terry, Geno and Heihachi have pretty good chances as the size of the DLC is now finally confirmed to be a full pass.
Also their costumes are still missing and the pile of returning ones is already pretty high.
One Namco and one Square character seem like the most likely scenario with the Monster Hunter costumes thrown in somewhere between.
Good luck everyone
Oh man, getting both Geno and Heihachi would be amazing, good luck to you too

I still think 6 is coming soon. Sakurai basically confirmed our theories today that Blyth was ready to present in November but they held off for the sake of polish. Another thing one of my contacts got right: only 6 characters after 5. Woof. There's going to be a lot of broken hearts in the coming months.
Looks like Thanos is on the loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom