• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
One thing I'll say about the supposed 4chan leak that no one can find: I remember a few years back, hearing this story of a supposed alien picture that was uploaded to 4chan that many people said looked real. Issue was, no one could find the thread or the image that went a long with it, meaning many assumed it was a fake. Until they actually managed to find the image in question and while it was a prop and not a real alien (shocker, I know) it still shows that something like this has happened before. I still think the chance that there was an actual leak is slim, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So we’re not expecting three characters tomorrow? It’s kinda odd the announcement had three question marks and Sakurai was holding up three fingers. And 35 minutes is a long time unless it’s like the Terry presentation again.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Actually, there's something fishy with Sakurai's announcement tweet.

The tweet was done in English:

Apparently, the same thing's been done when he added in a Western Favorite character, like Banjo-Kazooie. This could make a case for all our cases, but he also used the term "oracle", which is what the Covenants in Halo call Monitors, like 343 Guilty Spark or 2041 Penitent Tangent.

Though it could also mean the same for Geno, as he's been requested a lot from the Americas, it could also mean Shantae, but this is something of a startling development to me.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Hey, guys, look! I'm pickin' out my plot for my funeral tommorow! Any volunteers for pallbearers?.
Following in your footsteps of overthinking, I'm calling that this is a joke about how you have been cleverly punked about FP5, and that it isn't Dragonborn, and you will be hunted down for the crime of being wrong on the internet.

Oh, and I'll be your pallbearer but I either need everyone else to be about 5'5 like me or I need supplies of stilts.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Following in your footsteps of overthinking, I'm calling that this is a joke about how you have been cleverly punked about FP5, and that it isn't Dragonborn, and you will be hunted down for the crime of being wrong on the internet.

Oh, and I'll be your pallbearer but I either need everyone else to be about 5'5 like me or I need supplies of stilts.
I thought the same thing but realized that if he was wrong, I don't think there's any reason he couldn't just correct himself right now and say "It's not Dragonborn" even if he can't say what he was told. That, or we are over analyzing a joke and really just need to take a step back until tommorrow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Gruntilda: Revisionist the ones at GameFaqs and 4chan be. Sorry souls they must be to waste their time on lies they must.

You've mixed Gruntilda up with Yoda - Gruntilda speaks in rhyme (well, most of the time - her sisters told her to knock it off in Tooie).

Also, considering that this site's just gone through raids from trolls who were coming her from other websites, it's not wise to start insulting the users of other websites.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I thought the same thing but realized that if he was wrong, I don't think there's any reason he couldn't just correct himself right now and say "It's not Dragonborn" even if he can't say what he was told. That, or we are over analyzing a joke and really just need to take a step back until tommorrow.
Maybe he's just having a bit of fun, one day before the announcement. Or maybe admitting it won't be dragonborn reveals somthin, idk.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tomorrow, we'll see just what DLC 5 is.

While I will stick with Shantae as I always have (since she has more personal connections to me than Geno), here's hoping you guys get your proper dues, either tomorrow or in the near-future.
/QUOTE]

Shantae would fun to see in Smash alongside Geno, so good luck to you as well.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The most interesting part is how Sakurai tweeted this in english ... it seems like it narrows the field to a Western character.

Or who knows, maybe it is indeed Peter Pepper from Burger Time!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
The most interesting part is how Sakurai tweeted this in english ... it seems like it narrows the field to a Western character.

Oh my God, the best thing happened to your comment.
On my end, you have a greyscale image of Banjo and Kazooie's Smash Render right next to your comment.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I picked a glorious week to take off work. Gonna wake up extra early tomorrow to have a nice slice of anxiety and excitement before the presentation airs

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Imagine the presentation starts off with Sakurai saying how he's super excited to announce that FP5 will be revealed sometime in the next few months and then he goes over Terry and SNK history for another 35 minutes.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Apparently, the same thing's been done when he added in a Western Favorite character, like Banjo-Kazooie. This could make a case for all our cases, but he also used the term "oracle", which is what the Covenants in Halo call Monitors, like 343 Guilty Spark or 2041 Penitent Tangent.

Though it could also mean the same for Geno, as he's been requested a lot from the Americas, it could also mean Shantae, but this is something of a startling development to me.
Well, it's the final character for this pass. Of course he would write in English for the Final Reveal...
Anyway, i'm hoping for the best, and praying for Phoenix Wright, Shantae and Geno

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I have to work tomorrow during the presentation but I’m just expecting it will be some anime character I don’t care about anyway. More so looking forward to finding out about post pass characters.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice

So that's what he told you...Peter Pepper Cooks Up The Kerfuffle!

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the presentation starts off with Sakurai saying how he's super excited to announce that FP5 will be revealed sometime in the next few months and then he goes over Terry and SNK history for another 35 minutes.
He’ll reveal Geno, but he’ll look and play nothing like Geno from SMRPG.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He’ll reveal Geno, but he’ll look and play nothing like Geno from SMRPG.
He heard all of the requests for anime characters, so he's adding Genos from One Punch Man. His final smash is Saitama showing up.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Sure. No harm in that. I'll just say don't sweat the Mii costume segments and leave it at that. Just enjoy tomorrow's presentation.
No problemo, Tubbygentlemanoverfrost! We'll be sure to--
... wait, what?
Is... is this a hint, Fatman? Do you know something we don't?
GenoThinking.png

No. I'll stomp that out right now. Unless something was comically borked along the way, Geno's not going to show up tomorrow in any capacity. That's what I mean: you all can watch the presentation tomorrow without fear of a Geno deconfirmation and I'm like 95% confident on that.
Ah, okay.

Gruntilda: Revisionist the ones at GameFaqs and 4chan be. Sorry souls they must be to waste their time on lies they must.

THAT WASN'T A RHYME, YOU TWIG!

So we’re not expecting three characters tomorrow? It’s kinda odd the announcement had three question marks and Sakurai was holding up three fingers. And 35 minutes is a long time unless it’s like the Terry presentation again.
Nah, we're definitely not getting three characters tomorrow. I think one is guarenteed, two is possible, but three is just too much.

Jonathan Motes

Smash Rookie
I'm wishing you all the best of luck. I'm hopeful that we'll see Geno make his Smash debut, maybe not tomorrow, but in some near future.

Whatever happens tomorrow, the stars will still shine.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I'm wishing you all the best of luck. I'm hopeful that we'll see Geno make his Smash debut, maybe not tomorrow, but in some near future.

Whatever happens tomorrow, the stars will still shine.
Oh hey! I thought I recognized your name! You made some great videos, I've rewatched them numerous times. I see on your channel you have a new one, gotta check it!

Jonathan Motes

Smash Rookie
Oh hey! I thought I recognized your name! You made some great videos, I've rewatched them numerous times. I see on your channel you have a new one, gotta check it!
Awww, I'm flattered. :cheep:

But yeah, I just uploaded a new video today, for anyone interested. It's not (explicitly) about Geno, but it is relevant for any fandom that is looked upon questioningly and derisively.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Sure. No harm in that. I'll just say don't sweat the Mii costume segments and leave it at that. Just enjoy tomorrow's presentation.
F in the chat for Geno lads.

Edit: didnt see the correction on a later post mb

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Awww, I'm flattered. :cheep:

But yeah, I just uploaded a new video today, for anyone interested. It's not (explicitly) about Geno, but it is relevant for any fandom that is looked upon questioningly and derisively.

Just watched that video earlier. Good stuff, and does raise some legitimate points regarding certain character fandoms

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

"the fighter hasn't been announced in advance"

Wonder how many will meme that if we do get Dante and it got spoiled by Capcom being impatient.

Firox

Smash Master
If this happens, I'm flying to Japan to personally smash his NEO GEO to bits.

Firox

Smash Master
Bold of you to assume that he doesn't own several.
Dang, you're right. OK then, ALL his NEO GEOs, ALL of his vintage gaming cabinets, and at least 2 of his Switches.

EDIT: ....and his Virtual Boy too! That'll show him for going all "Tom Holland" on SNK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom