• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
The Geno Community: what can i say other that i'm proud of everyone on this fanbase. you guys have been standing a whole decade long fighting to see your favorite star hero come back and meet again his old friends on the battlefield and have many more adventures together. you're all so kind hearted and nice to each other that it makes me sad to see how harsh things have been for y'all this pasts years with most part of the Smash community hating on your character for no reason giving everyone such an unnecessary bad time just for liking this great character from the first Mario RPG and i must say that it breaks my heart. i truly regret not being so into Smash speculation years prior as i am now to have enjoyed most of the journey and spend more time together as Genobros. i've been here for not even two years and i can proudly say to everyone reading this that i truly admire your efforts and patience over this wild train ride and i have a feeling that 2020 will be our year to shine.
PicsArt_01-15-12.41.06.jpg

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
*Wakes up late*

*Friend is freaking out in Discord*

*Comes into the thread during a time where a jump in posts ACTUALLY meant something for a change*

Well whaddaya know, the mad lad actually did it! Hey guys are you excited for...

*Sees that we are speculating based off the three fingers Sakurai is holding and the colors in his image cutout being green and the background being brown*

1579062200952.png

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
We’ve reached the end...
View attachment 257550

I am SOO excited for some closure, whoever it is.

I’m thankful that my hopes for Geno are non existent for the first pass at this point. I won’t be devastated Thursday, or my whole year will be made in seconds. I don’t care how bad or toxic a character he is (when he IS added,) I’ll make Geno work. He’d be my first true solo main.

I sense he’ll be the “Banjo” of pass 2 though if we have to wait more. (The Cacodemon/Mallow miis are fooling me big time if not.)

Anyway... we made it to the end!

Good luck all- See you Thursday!

View attachment 257558
Thank god the speculation cycle for fighter 5 is nearly over, it feels like its been taking forever. Ever since Sabi disconfirmed Geno, Ive been telling myself- "wait for the next one, its fine."

but to get this out of the way is so relieving. Speculation has been terrible after Terry because there was hardly any information other than "disconfirmations". Which makes Fighter 5 all the more exciting.

To Geno in the next pass!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I have been debating doing this to my beloved Super Mario Galaxy photo... but... I must complete my form to become a part of the Geno collective. I've been here for months now, and it is time. Even though I've said many times I'm not a personal Geno fan, I've been told many times I'm still a fan, so I suppose I must answer the call.

Someone (please) give me a Geno hat for my profile picture. I don't care who. Maybe I'll give you extra points if it is creative.

Your prize can be a... idk, like an "ok boomer" pass or something. I've only given OffBi one, and as a young zoomer, I have the authority to give you old fogies some.

View attachment 257565
Untitled550_20200114232305.png

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't know why people are treating the color thing like the chairs. There's like actually solid backing up to it, rather than just seeing patterns in nothing like the chairs.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
From a certain perspective, maybe. It’s worth noting that Sabi said that Zippo’s information doesn’t conflict with their information, and that Sabi’s source says no Geno. I believe Sabi’s not lying about anything, but I’m also not sure if anyone’s information is correct regardless. I think Geno’s one of the best character choices to end the pass on just in terms of his legacy, Sakurai mentioning something abo “Oracles/Prophets”, his quote in Terry’s video about recognizablility...

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Almost caught up to speed. Man, I love how everybody in the thread is following the trend of adding Geno hats to their pics. Also appreciate the fact that even people outside of the usual meme squad are participating in this activity. It's both the silliest and coolest thing I've seen in a while. Let's keep it up boys!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't know why people are treating the color thing like the chairs. There's like actually solid backing up to it, rather than just seeing patterns in nothing like the chairs.
Because you can find patterns in anything if you look close enough and really wants it to be

From a certain perspective, maybe. It’s worth noting that Sabi said that Zippo’s information doesn’t conflict with their information, and that Sabi’s source says no Geno. I believe Sabi’s not lying about anything, but I’m also not sure if anyone’s information is correct regardless. I think Geno’s one of the best character choices to end the pass on just in terms of his legacy, Sakurai mentioning something abo “Oracles/Prophets”, his quote in Terry’s video about recognizablility...
Like I said earlier.. watch it be a Tokyo Mirage character....

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Ok, so seeing as our hopes for Geno as FP5 are ever so slightly raised at the moment, I thought I'd share something interesting from many months ago.
So, y'all remember how Piranha Plant, Mii Sword Fighter and Duck Hunt were having weird glitches a few months ago? Well, we all know now that it was because they were being used as bases for the upcoming Joker, Hero, and Banjo.
So, thing is, I remember hearing from somewhere around the same time that Mewtwo and Mii Gunner were having the same glitches happening to them as well. This could possibly mean Mewtwo was a base for Terry and Mii Gunner was FP5 (maybe Geno).
Now, I know what you're probably thinking "But Wooooomy, Terry doesn't make sense to have Mewtwo as a base. Wouldn't Ken make a lot more sense" And you're definitely right in that regard but keep in mind, Piranha Plant was used as a base for Joker and someone like Marth or Robin or literally anyone more humanoid would've made more sense but they went with Piranha Plant. They still do have some similarities (like how Mewtwo's attacks all have a purple psychic effect while Terry's all have a fiery effect). Obviously, Geno and Mii Gunner have a lot of similarities (seeing as how he was a literal Mii Gunner costume in Smash 4) but it still could have been someone else (like Doomslayer)
Now, I understand you may doubt me and that's completely okay. Don't call me a liar though please, if what I heard wasn't true then it may have been a false memory or the reports of Mewtwo and Mii Gunner glitching that I saw were just completely bogus but I am not just making this up myself. Either way, I just thought I'd post this here for it to get inevitably torn apart in 5 minutes.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
On second thought, fighter 5 was probably decided a while ago, yeah? And this character was originally going to be the final DLC for Smash Ultimate. This could shake the internet. :eek:

A great outcome for Geno in this presentation would be not showing up as a mii costume in the mii showcase, Would mean he's safe/likely for pass 2! :bluejump:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Now, I understand you may doubt me and that's completely okay. Don't call me a liar though please, if what I heard wasn't true then it may have been a false memory or the reports of Mewtwo and Mii Gunner glitching that I saw were just completely bogus but I am not just making this up myself. Either way, I just thought I'd post this here for it to get inevitably torn apart in 5 minutes.
With that argument, Rex and Pyra are getting in, because of the glitch between Terry and Ice Climbers.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Like I said earlier.. watch it be a Tokyo Mirage character.... that would continue the trend of anti-climactic ending, fits the whole "Nintendo but kinda not since SMT is Nintendo exclusive, on top of that they push that port like crazy and would explain why they didn¨t reveal it at VGA.
Ooh, Tokyo Mirage would be cool! I wonder if they’d count as Fire Emblem or as Shin Megami Tensei....

I’d be surprised if we got anyone like that considering they’d likely have the same gimmick as Joker, but I’m sure whoever we got would play very differently.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
In my opinion, I don't think Geno is Fighter #5, and I really do suggest we remember that Smash historically doesn't end on what the Smash fanbase considers "top tier" characters (remember, Fatman warned us of this). I just realllly don't want people to be upset and/or let down. I definitely think Geno is coming, but I just can't see him as Fighter #5.

However, if he is, full credit to @Serenade01 as he's called that for the longest time.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Geno could be #5?
HA! Don't make me cry :( really I can't handle it I'm having a strokellasdknf
Again, tamper your expectations when it comes to the thing that I remember hearing. I think I only saw it on Reddit almost a year ago, it could've been completely BS or it could just be a false memory.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ooh, Tokyo Mirage would be cool! I wonder if they’d count as Fire Emblem or as Shin Megami Tensei....

I’d be surprised if we got anyone like that considering they’d likely have the same gimmick as Joker, but I’m sure whoever we got would play very differently.
I mean, we got Terry and Ken in the same goes, so who fricking knows at this point

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I likey. ...but not quitey.

Ya see, my profile picture has to fit in the tiny box, so while I like the faded Geno and the hat on the horizon, it doesn't work for the tiny box's constraints.

This "race" (that no one cares about) is still going!
The creative juices flowed hard with this one.
Neon Geno Evangelion.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I have been debating doing this to my beloved Super Mario Galaxy photo... but... I must complete my form to become a part of the Geno collective. I've been here for months now, and it is time. Even though I've said many times I'm not a personal Geno fan, I've been told many times I'm still a fan, so I suppose I must answer the call.

Someone (please) give me a Geno hat for my profile picture. I don't care who. Maybe I'll give you extra points if it is creative.

Your prize can be a... idk, like an "ok boomer" pass or something. I've only given OffBi one, and as a young zoomer, I have the authority to give you old fogies some.

View attachment 257565
Alright, it's finally done.
AdamBel731Geno.png

View attachment 257574
Goddammit, we all had the same idea!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
With that argument, Rex and Pyra are getting in, because of the glitch between Terry and Ice Climbers.
That was different though, Piranha Plant, Mii Sword Fighter, Banjo (Mewtwo and Mii Gunner if this is right too) were all having the same memory wiping glitc around the same time. So, it'd make sense they were all bases for DLC. I don't remember exactly what the Ice Climber glitch was, but it was something else entirely.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
View attachment 257574
Yours is very nice! If you made one slight adjustment I'd probably choose this (I just want to see what others come up with, as this totally meaningless and stupid and probably annoying "race" is entertaining). I'm waiting for the meme squad's entries

Edit: OIIII, Mike my boy I like yours too but... the box's small constraints! I love the Geno pixel art, but it won't show :(

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Imagine my surprise waking up and trying to catch up with the thread, only to lay eyes upon the Genofication of multitudes of profile pictures.

Fantastic.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yours is very nice! If you made one slight adjustment I'd probably choose this (I just want to see what others come up with, as this totally meaningless and stupid and probably annoying "race" is entertaining). I'm waiting for the meme squad's entries

Edit: OIIII, Mike my boy I like yours too but... the box's small constraints! I love the Geno pixel art, but it won't show :(
Does this work?
AdamBel731Geno1.png

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I didn’t think it’d be possible add a Geno hat to my profile picture, considering Geno was already, y’know, wearing his hat.

But I had an epiphany. Pancakes were really the main focus of the image, so they get the hat.

Truly the breakfast of champions.
BA561CD6-13E9-4F77-A5BE-CE7ECC25FF43.png

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I didn’t think it’d be possible add a Geno hat to my profile picture, considering Geno was already, y’know, wearing his hat.

But I had an epiphany. Pancakes were really the main focus of the image, so they get the hat.

Truly the breakfast of champions.
View attachment 257576
I can't believe Geno turned his identical twin, Oneg, into pancakes and then ate him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom